Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vikar Jerome posted:

haaahahah i just paid 40 quid for a used copy of yakuza 3 with soundtrack what is wrong with me.

Just finished that game last night it’s pretty alright for an early PS3 game.

4 is off to a strong start for me with Akiyama as well, you feel the QoL changes pretty quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

beep by grandpa posted:

I had to tap out of Persona 5 cause I have a completionist attitude if I really like the game and world. I beat the first dungeon with the teacher and there is just so so so so much poo poo to do and so many stats and finite times it stressed me out cause I felt like no matter what I did I’d be missing out on like 60% of the game’s content.

What also didn’t help was the game’s loading tips telling me “take a hit b,and take your time my dude :cool:” then very next second having big giant red SA avatar text in the corner saying “20 DAYS UNTIL EVERYONE YOU LOVE DIES OF AIDS”, while I can only do 1-2 activities a day to progress (slowly) in stat, skill or relationship building created kind of....a disconnect for me and I couldn’t continue. Badass game from what I played of it though. Yakuza is much more my speed.

The big warning timer for each dungeon is very lenient and you can probably waste as much time as you want stopping just short of intentionally running the clock dry. As long as you aren't severely underleveled, most dungeons can be completed in 2 day cycles, or even 1. Although if you're playing on harder difficulties, maybe make that 3 or 4 days.

Completionist attitude is what got me about Persona 5, too. That, and the whole "I guess all I can do in this 8-hour block after school is make coffee before this cat is telling me to go to bed." Like, you can max your romance level with a particular character that unlocks more time during the day, but it's really just one more opportunity to make coffee or eat a burger. I powered through it with 3 & 4, but those came out when I was an actual teenager, so I probably had a higher tolerance for the anime high schooler tropes. Probably helped that those games weren't overflowing with the whole 2017 antifa youth poo poo, too.

enojy fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 17, 2018

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Are there any good water racing games?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

vyst posted:

I live in Detroit so I'm going to buy it because i want to see the locations they used

The biggest reason that pushed me to finished Max Payne 3 was that.

Also enjoyed Dying Light for similar reasons, despite being an unspecified country it still has somewhat similar enough landscape to feel familiar.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Shy posted:

Are there any good water racing games?

Riptide GP2 (3?)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Remember if you don't do every dungeon in the fewest days possible you are wasting precious time that you will never get back.

:twisted:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I stopped playing P5 presumably right as it got good because I couldn't stop doing all the bullshit trying to minmax like a fuckhead.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Regy Rusty posted:

Remember if you don't do every dungeon in the fewest days possible you are wasting precious time that you will never get back.

The time limit on the P5 is so weird. The first one is pretty rough, and the second is so-so, but after having a full roster of Personas on the MC I completed every Palace from 3 to 5 in three or four days, easily. Could've done it in one if I weren't stingy with SP recovery items and if there weren't those Real World Barriers that you gotta unlock. So you have 20+ days where you can gently caress off doing whatever - but the party is still worried something will go wrong at any time.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Are you all ready for a modern / possibly future shootmans this year? Because I am ready to shoot some mans in the possibly near future

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

This is pretty much what I did anyway. Feels better to have people saying "Well we've done all we can, I wonder what will happen now," than having "Why aren't we going to the Palace there's only TWO WHOLE WEEKS LEFT?!"

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are you all ready for a modern / possibly future shootmans this year? Because I am ready to shoot some mans in the possibly near future

that's not how roman numerals work

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ferrous posted:

This is pretty much what I did anyway. Feels better to have people saying "Well we've done all we can, I wonder what will happen now," than having "Why aren't we going to the Palace there's only TWO WHOLE WEEKS LEFT?!"

I did genuinely do it that way too and it was a fun challenge.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Instant Grat posted:

True but You do see werid poo poo in inscriptions sometimes cause a lotta romans were as dumb as cod marketers

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Instant Grat posted:

Iirc I do believe IIII is an actual thing, just uncommon and older

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

There will never be a better shorthand for a game's name than Cod Blops in this poster's opinion.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
have they announced yet how many loving loot boxes and Call of Duty Points they're gonna be hawking this time around

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

Iirc I do believe IIII is an actual thing, just uncommon and older

Yeah I remember people had the discussion when it was first revealed. Turns out it's an acceptable format and actually pretty common on clock faces.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

From the 54th entrance to the Colosseum

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

From the 54th entrance to the Colosseum

So Romans made math errors too.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Instant Grat posted:

have they announced yet how many loving loot boxes and Call of Duty Points they're gonna be hawking this time around

The reveal is in three hours
https://www.twitch.tv/callofduty

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tazerface?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

All of them

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Instant Grat posted:

It'a actually a loot crate from Call of Battle Royal.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hey guys c'mon my grandfather died in WW2... he fell off a lootbox lmao!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

Hey guys c'mon my grandfather died in WW2... he fell off a lootbox lmao!

Should have been go karting instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2xYkwXAZRk

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

GaussianCopula posted:

So Romans made math errors too.

They weren't much better with grammar either

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Roman graffiti owns

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Roman graffiti owns

I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

Bros before hoes

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I.2.20 (Manse/Surgery of Iosefka, Yarnham); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Pablo Nergigante posted:

same

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Apprently IV and IIII are both acceptable ways to write 4 in roman numerals. With IIII being a popular version in clocks.

Edit:
I know this because I read gamers forums.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pablo Nergigante posted:

To me this scans like a Dark Souls message. I think it's the "wondrous".

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Tei posted:

Apprently IV and IIII are both acceptable ways to write 4 in roman numerals. With IIII being a popular version in clocks.

Edit:
I know this because I read gamers forums.

My parents used to have a wall clock with "IIII" instead of "IV".

Activision probably doesn't trust the audience to correctly identity "IV" as "4".

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

haveblue posted:

Try penetrate but hole

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

haveblue posted:

JBP posted:

I.2.20 (Manse/Surgery of Iosefka, Yarnham); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Try penetrate but hole

Great chest ahead.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Try tongue but hole

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

JBP posted:

poo poo I forgot this was out, need to smash that download button.
It's beautiful and I really hope they do Muramasa after their mecha game as an encore because the Vita version of that got a ton of DLC and I want to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Attitude Indicator posted:

the correct way would be the way that makes it fun for you.
P5 has new game +, so if you care about maxing everything you can do it on a second run if you feel like and just play the game normally on the first run.
I think you can max everything on the first run, but you will have to follow a guide religiously.
Generally I'd recommend doing the dungeons as early as possible, so you don't have to worry about the timer for the rest of the month and can spend that time bumping up social stuff. Prioritise which character/skills you want and just focus on those when they are available. If they're not, do something else. The only really mistake you can make is not doing anything productive for a day.
Leveling up the maid gives you extra time through the day, so that's a hot tip. As well as leveling connections with playable characters for extra skills in dungeons.
On my playthrough I got several things maxed out with just casually playing and not stressing about stats. I know this is a jrpg and it breaks people brains, but just chill and you'll be good.

Aside from this stuff:

The cutoff for leveling Sun is much earlier than other confidants, and his availability is erratic, so give him a slightly higher priority. His NG+ carryover ability for maxing out is also really good.
Always carry an unfinished stat-raising book, in case you get a free opportunity to read without using normal time slots.
The "read all books" achievement is probably best left to NG+. Ditto for the "complete all retro games" achievement and fishing. Wait until you've been to a location before reading the associated location-revealing book, because that way you can read it without using any time. There are books available from a secondhand bookstore location you'll find later in the game, probably as part of a confidant link.
There's a juice bar in one of the subway stations that sells stat-up juices that don't use time to consume on Sundays for 5k.
Level Death early so she sells SP-recovery-every-turn accessories. Break your piggy bank to get them for as many characters as you can, because they allow you to maximize your dungeon progress per afternoon/evening. Death is best girl.

These should help you get more done without having to meticulously plan which links you're doing to figure out what stats you need/get.