Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

Something Awful carries on the storied Roman tradition of "im gay" shitposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Lambert posted:

My parents used to have a wall clock with "IIII" instead of "IV".

Activision probably doesn't trust the audience to correctly identity "IV" as "4".

You wouldn't believe how many parents over the years asked for GeeTeeAyyVee?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ugh I literally HATE anime high school but reading all that nerd poo poo about P5 is awakening some horrible lizard brain that keeps going “You used to love JRPGs, Bust Rodd! Summoning demons is so cool!”

:negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am obsessed with Persona 3 & 4 but honestly don't like Persona 5. Maybe i've just grown out of anime, but the characters are pretty much completely unlikable to me. A few of my other friends that love the Persona series ended up not enjoying Persona 5 either. I like Morgana, but that is it.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

I said come in! posted:

I am obsessed with Persona 3 & 4 but honestly don't like Persona 5. Maybe i've just grown out of anime, but the characters are pretty much completely unlikable to me. A few of my other friends that love the Persona series ended up not enjoying Persona 5 either. I like Morgana, but that is it.

Let's not do that today. Shouldn't you be going to sleep?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hate anime high school bullshit but I make an exception for Persona.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Lambert posted:

My parents used to have a wall clock with "IIII" instead of "IV".

Activision probably doesn't trust the audience to correctly identity "IV" as "4".

I worked in a games shop when XIII came out, and can safely say that Activision would be correct in your theory.

Do you have ex three? Ex eye eye eye? Zeee? Ex-eee?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't know why so many JRPGs insist on taking 60-100 hours to complete when so many of them also run into the "here's where we obviously ran out of money" section.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Saints row is the best, with 2, the Third and IV. I long for another sequel named after the terrible late 90s boy band 5ive.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

exquisite tea posted:

I don't know why so many JRPGs insist on taking 60-100 hours to complete when so many of them also run into the "here's where we obviously ran out of money" section.

GoW is my new standard for length. If you can’t wrap up a game story in 50 hours or under you need to rethink everything. And that’s a generous amount of time. I don’t mind games being longer based on side content and collection stuff but c’mon devs.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want to progress at a good pace through the storyline. If I am forced to do side content/quests then I lose interest super quickly. This was the one major flaw with Assassins Creed Origins, I played on PC and used a trainer to level up quickly and get around this. Made the game so much better. Afterwards I went back and ended up doing a lot of the side content anyways because much of it was actually pretty good. I want to just finish a games storyline though and usually move on to another title because I have such a large backlog of games any given time.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

In which we find out a Goon cheated in a game to save time and still did all side-content. :thunk:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Quote-Unquote posted:

Saints row is the best, with 2, the Third and IV. I long for another sequel named after the terrible late 90s boy band 5ive.

I want a whole game just based off the police minigame in saints row 2

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

CaptainScraps posted:

I want a whole game just based off the police minigame in saints row 2

Saint's Row Five-O?

Yes, you are right; I want this really badly now.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If I don't play the side content I feel like I haven't really played a game. And I know why it's called "side" content, to differentiate it from the main storyline gameplay and stuff you may not need to do to "beat" the game, but the term doesn't feel right because it sounds like it's lesser.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I like to go back and forth equally between side content and story. Whichever's calling to me. It paid off big time for me in celeste when I spent so many hours dying on B-Sides that when I finally summited for the first time it had the emotional impact on me of a bomb.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Ugh I literally HATE anime high school but reading all that nerd poo poo about P5 is awakening some horrible lizard brain that keeps going “You used to love JRPGs, Bust Rodd! Summoning demons is so cool!”

:negative:

just play the 3ds games instead then, like smt4 or strange journey

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

just play the 3ds games instead then, like smt4 or strange journey

SMT IV is really good. It’s really hard compared to Persona though.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Wats the diff between SMT and Persona anyway

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SMTV hopefully comes out this year in North America, and I hope it has some easier difficulty and quality of life features that Atlus has implemented into some of their other recent RPGs. SMT IV was hard as poo poo and I couldn't progress because of that, just too frustrating.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

SMT IV is really good. It’s really hard compared to Persona though.

that's kind of the point? the setting's completely different and you don't have the visual novel aspect at all, but it's still about bending demons to your will. it's just set in a post apocalypse instead

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

SMTV hopefully comes out this year in North America, and I hope it has some easier difficulty and quality of life features that Atlus has implemented into some of their other recent RPGs. SMT IV was hard as poo poo and I couldn't progress because of that, just too frustrating.

SMT IV is only hard at the very beginning. After the first one or two hours the difficulty drops off a lot.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

beep by grandpa posted:

SMT is a straight dungeon crawler/JRPG series, Persona mixes a lot of those base mechanics with those of life simulation games (as in the ones where you manage time and stat-raising life activities).

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

beep by grandpa posted:

SMT games are more like dungeon crawlers with minimal story, Persona (3+) are dating sims disguised as RPGs

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

beep by grandpa posted:

SMT is a dungeon crawler without the social gameplay. You still recruit demons through negotiations, but three of those plus your main character (who can learn skills from demons you own) are your party.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Good news, everyone. Call of Duty is dead.

:rip: COD :rip:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tei posted:

Apprently IV and IIII are both acceptable ways to write 4 in roman numerals. With IIII being a popular version in clocks.

Edit:
I know this because I read gamers forums.

PYF gamer clocks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roH0uS7g390

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

COD has a battle royale mode, no single player and the default mode is 5v5 lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Red Dead Redemption 2 comes out this fall, so is there really a point in even releasing a Call of Duty this year?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The worst kept secret in the industry is out:

Activision is after money.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I lost so much interest in RDR2 when they revealed it's more loving JOHN MARSTON

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I never played the first RDR so I’ll play this one and pretend it’s Westworld: The Game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Housh posted:

I never played the first RDR so I’ll play this one and pretend it’s Westworld: The Game.

Don't worry, that's going to unironically be Westworld themed Battle Royale DLC.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Every 2 bit game "journalist" has been facepalming for months about this happening in all games.

Chase that lightning that already struck you magnificent idiots.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

nopantsjack posted:

I lost so much interest in RDR2 when they revealed it's more loving JOHN MARSTON

I liked John Marston. :( I am very interested though in seeing how the story plays out because there are 7 main characters now.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

I said come in! posted:

I liked John Marston. :( I am very interested though in seeing how the story plays out because there are 7 main characters now.

What

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paracelsus posted:

Aside from this stuff:

The cutoff for leveling Sun is much earlier than other confidants, and his availability is erratic, so give him a slightly higher priority. His NG+ carryover ability for maxing out is also really good.

It's not erratic, he's always available on the same nights of the week. If anything, most of the other confidants are erratic.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bombadilillo posted:

Every 2 bit game "journalist" has been facepalming for months about this happening in all games.

As a joke I was trying to think of the most cynical version of Battle Royale, like the most cherished, beloved franchise and perverting it, but what I dreamed up was a Fortnite Mario/Smash Bros. game that I would kill to play. It's actually insanely easy to convert the trappings of the Mario franchise into that kind of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

Smt is pokemon with dick golems and a post apocalypse setting
Persona is a dating sim with dick golems and a modern setting