Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
if she has funny lines like Lyn, I'll pull for her.

She's no loving Nowi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Sometimes I think Intsys has shot themselves in the foot with Orb pricing.

If I could reasonably expect to get a +10 Bride Tharja by dropping £100 I would probably do it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

We could have had bridal titania

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

Sometimes I think Intsys has shot themselves in the foot with Orb pricing.

If I could reasonably expect to get a +10 Bride Tharja by dropping £100 I would probably do it.
They'll happily take the money from the whales willing to drop more than 10x that amount to +10 her.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

mabels big day posted:

We could have had bridal titania

bridal meg asking where zihark is

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Retcon posted:

They'll happily take the money from the whales willing to drop more than 10x that amount to +10 her.

I mean sure, my argument is that I think there are more than 10x the number of people like me who just won't buy anything because the costs are so steep vs. the whales.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Natural 20 posted:

I mean sure, my argument is that I think there are more than 10x the number of people like me who just won't buy anything because the costs are so steep vs. the whales.

:wrong:

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
I was going to complain about how Tharja's dress isn't even a dress, but I guess it does have a front below the hips it's just completely see-through. Along with weird cutouts on her waist. I know it's Tharja so she has to wear something revealing, but what would have been wrong with a black wedding dress with the cleavage and without the see-through stuff?

Still, all the skills look nice and I want wedding Ninian and kinda still want wedding Tharja and I could really use more fodder, so I'll probably roll a little in the hopes of getting something. Definitely saving most of my orbs until I see what the new units on the 8th are, tho.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain France posted:

Definitely saving most of my orbs until I see what the new units on the 8th are, tho.

Oh I didn’t even realize that the banners overlap. That is probably a good idea.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

What's the best weapon for Effie? I've got a spare Deft Harpoon i've had kicking about for like 12 months at this point, and I wouldn't mind giving it to her

seem to remember reading somewhere Deft Harpoon was BIS for her

for now she's +hp -spd until I can get a better iv for her, whatever that is for effie

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

tithin posted:

What's the best weapon for Effie? I've got a spare Deft Harpoon i've had kicking about for like 12 months at this point, and I wouldn't mind giving it to her

for now she's +hp -spd until I can get a better iv for her, whatever that is for effie

She works well with a lot of weapons depending on the build

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

tithin posted:

If you're lucky enough to have a spare Hector, Berkut's Lance+ and DC with a +RES/-SPD IV is probably her best set. Ridersbane and Slaying Spear are also good on her, depending on whether you see more horses or armors in arena, but Berkut's Lance and her RES superboon make her a great mixed tank.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The fishstick is a bit outdated since christmas tree is generally better but it's still a good choice. Berkut's and Slaying are the two most popular choices; Berkut's if you want to make her an all-purpose tank and Slaying for insta-Glimmer build or mixed Bold Fighter/QR builds with Aether or Galeforce. Brave Lance is also a niche choice if you want to go all in on PP

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

There's no wrong way to build effie as long as you smash things

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

yeah, i uh, whaled a bit on one of the hector banners last year and walked away with like 5 of them - both Effie and Zephiel ended up getting DC - still have 2 spare actually but i'm not likely to merge those anytime soon.

Berkut's lance might be an interesting one to give her actually, I'm still sitting on all of my Berkuts so Berkuts lance might not be a bad idea - not sure what to get because I'm around ~720ish and see nothing but super merged dragons and it's really making GBS threads me.

she already has BL+ so i could give her that but it's a bit of a waste on a DC build as BL+ only gets one hit on the counter, not both.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

No seriously, the number of times I've just sat and opened up the orb screen only to realise that a full pull is like 5 beers is ridiculous.

That Tharja model is really pretty, but I just sit here and go, realistically she's never going to be on any of my regular teams because she's too rare to merge decently. So I just spend absolutely nothing on the game.

I just don't buy that the pricing right now is the best available to the game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
You only buy orbs from that google survey money

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tired Moritz posted:

I did that the entire time I stopped playing, all six months of it

earned $10

that's like, 10 orbs

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

i love to sell my personal information to a corporation for mobile game currency

genuinely, i do. i think ive made like fifteen dollars off it

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Here he is.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I would've liked Sanaki to wear a little priest/officiator robe. That would make it non-creepy while sticking with the theme

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Unpopular opinion: as a Goth Girl Enthusiast, I am way into Dark Bride Tharja and would gladly attend her wedding ceremony at the mall Hot Topic with reception to follow at the food court

I am a little mad she's red though because it means my eventual all-Tharja gimmick team will be v unbalanced. I'll just have to give one of them Cancel Affinity or something.

e: checking the "Panda Express" box on the RSVP

loquacius fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 18, 2018

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Never be ashamed of your goth gf

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also appreciating that one of the orb-granting Weapon Workout quests is essentially "just go wreck some face with Tharja for a little while, bro, you look like you need it"

Getting me super hype to go out and buy a red-pinstriped black suit, blood-red dress shirt, black spiderweb-motif tie, and top hat with gears on it to wear to her goth wedding

cufflinks that are little crosses but I have to keep clarifying to everyone that they're supposed to be upside-down crosses

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Halloween Henry is Tharjas goth husband

Catastrophe90
Apr 18, 2016

loquacius posted:

I am a little mad she's red though because it means my eventual all-Tharja gimmick team will be v unbalanced. I'll just have to give one of them Cancel Affinity or something.

Or have a team centering around 3 Tharjas buffing a Robin/Grima.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
W!Robin, W!Tharja, M!Grima, B!Tharja would be a pretty legit team if you're into Armor Emblem.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Pretty sure the video showed bride Tharja as being infantry, not armor. I know, I was surprised too.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I think the most goth team possible rn is B!Tharja, H!Henry, M!Grima, and Peri

I still have zero Grimas but someone pls run this TIA

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

M!Grima is also very metal, ofc

Most metal team is probably M!Grima / BK / Hawkeye / Valter

Valter's mostly on there because he looks like he could be in a Scandinavian metal band

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

How do I break it to my parents that I'm in love with an anime boy

Also I'm just about done with Inigo, I looked some stuff up and wanna get him Gronnblade+ but that would take like 20,000 feathers and then I'd have like, none left. Is there any way to farm those easier?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

AttackTheMoon posted:

Also I'm just about done with Inigo, I looked some stuff up and wanna get him Gronnblade+ but that would take like 20,000 feathers and then I'd have like, none left. Is there any way to farm those easier?

Keep rising in arena rank, and participate fully in any events that happen--for example, the Grand Conquest happening right now. Combined with other random sources of feathers you get something like 40-50k a month which isn't a ton but it's enough.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

AttackTheMoon posted:

GHBs cost 0 stamina and give out 5 HM. Several GHBs can be done on auto. Set up a macro and you farm HM with zero effort.

The easiest one is Clarisse's which only needs QR on L'Ike and a attack hone on one of the other units.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

AttackTheMoon posted:

Getting feathers is basically the main goal of FEH postgame

Everyone is always saving up feathers

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Speaking of GC, Tiki is back in front after Ishtar took over for a while:

FC 5177947046

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

cheetah7071 posted:

All her dialogue is gonna refer to how she just put on the dress for the festival but like we know what they were thinking when they chose Sanaki instead of anyone else

They were thinking that it was time to give the Tellius games a seasonal unit, right :)?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

That reminds me, now that Clair is more evenly matched with Caeda merge-wise, which one would people rather see in front? I finally pulled the trigger on galeforce for both of them too, if that matters.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

AttackTheMoon posted:

I went with Gronnraven+ and TA, then he can counter about half the roster and it makes him tankier

also yes there are always more things to do with feathers

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I love that Fae can tank hits from an Alm with a refined falchion when she is on a defense tile and properly supported

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Cattail Prophet posted:

That reminds me, now that Clair is more evenly matched with Caeda merge-wise, which one would people rather see in front? I finally pulled the trigger on galeforce for both of them too, if that matters.

There is still a dearth of red fliers while Clair's competing with big names like Cordelia and Tana for the "blue flier" slot.