Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

EngineerJoe posted:

Wasn't that crazy poo poo due to some massive drug habit? No one normally sprays like that...

They also talked to a doctor during it and he said anyone who recently started a high fiber diet could have issues like that. I think I've read somewhere, probably here for all I know, that coke can cause this so who knows. Tim claims it was from spicy food but Tim virtually always lied on the show. I think I buy into the theory someone said where he basically was either milliseconds into or away from making GBS threads his pants and that's why it splattered everywhere, because he wasn't sitting down when he let loose.

If you ever saw the video or footage it's gross but it isn't the scene of a McDonald's bathroom or something, there were tiny specks here and there for the most part. It got blown up for the sake of the show and Howard's neurotic behavior regarding bathroom use at work and had the added effect of essentially ruining Tim's reputation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
the coke rumors were said here.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Baba Booey.

LOL Immortal Anime got banned like the idiot he is.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
baba booey

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

JB50 posted:

Baba Booey.

For what? I'm on mobile, so I can't check.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

For what? I'm on mobile, so I can't check.

For using a word. What Artie calls gay people because he's a troglodyte.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

JB50 posted:

Baba Booey.

I was gonna call you dumb until I looked it up and saw he was vanquished by lowtax via QCS of all places. That's really embarrassing lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

beep by grandpa posted:

I was gonna call you dumb until I looked it up and saw he was vanquished by lowtax via QCS of all places. That's really embarrassing lol

At least we shouldn't have to deal with another wave of "moderator X is terrible and should be demodded".

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Hi, this is immortal anime, and unfortunately, yesterday on the SA forums, I made a few comments that some consider to be homophobic and offensive...

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KOAB was good and the stupid staff talked all over him mainly Ronny

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

Hi, this is immortal anime, and unfortunately, yesterday on the SA forums, I made a few comments that some consider to be homophobic and offensive...

.............gay men, usually,

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
immortal banime

baba booey

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

.............gay men, usually,

Why should he get banned?! They're the ones being gay!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

It's been like ten years and the long awkward pause followed by "....white women...generally" still makes me laugh out loud jesus christ

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

It's been like ten years and the long awkward pause followed by "....white women...generally" still makes me laugh out loud jesus christ

I always loved how he immediately gave the phone to Gary because he was beyond rational thought hearing about how much trouble he was potentially in.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I always loved how he immediately gave the phone to Gary because he was beyond rational thought hearing about how much trouble he was potentially in.

He thought it was a bit, his instincts were yelling at him but he didn't follow up on them. Like they said, what company does HR like that over the phone over an issue that potentially serious?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Crotch Bat posted:

He thought it was a bit, his instincts were yelling at him but he didn't follow up on them. Like they said, what company does HR like that over the phone over an issue that potentially serious?

I think he knew it was a bit and just went along with it. he's just a foil in the show for the racist bits and he doesn't mind it.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
"Sorry. I gave the phone to Gary because... he runs this place and whatever."
"Gary didn't make the comments, you did."

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Odddzy posted:

I think he knew it was a bit and just went along with it. he's just a foil in the show for the racist bits and he doesn't mind it.

For some of Sal's antics, I agree (e.g. hypnosis, ridiculous answers to historical questions any 3rd grader could answer), but much like ETM, I'm not buying that he's that good of an actor.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

baba booey

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I don't think he knew it was a bit.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I heard Crumbs Bakery has stopped selling the Immortal Anime cupcake due to his homophobic remarks.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I love you Immortal Animecakes

He's an animmeee faaaaan

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Sal definitely plays stuff up, but I honestly don't think he is acting through those famous bits. The apology tape is totally real because that was in the first year of Sirius and they were still feeling out just how far they could go. He already had a pair of HR citations. The hypnosis stuff... he really can't act that well and Ronnie definitely can't, so I actually believe that is real. If you want to hear acting, listen to when they had Richard on the air hypnotized and you can tell he is making everything up.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
baba booey

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Sand Monster posted:

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
baba booey

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Lifespan posted:

Sal definitely plays stuff up, but I honestly don't think he is acting through those famous bits. The apology tape is totally real because that was in the first year of Sirius and they were still feeling out just how far they could go. He already had a pair of HR citations. The hypnosis stuff... he really can't act that well and Ronnie definitely can't, so I actually believe that is real. If you want to hear acting, listen to when they had Richard on the air hypnotized and you can tell he is making everything up.

The act of being hypnotised is just about making stuff up on the fly. Some could be better than others at making you believe they are in the dream or whatever you want to call it. but basically it's about doing improv and following the lead of the hypnotist telling you what to do and how to do it. You're 100% in control.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Hypnosis is a self-fulfilling prophecy. It works if you believe it does. If you cross your arms and don't go along with the bit nobody's making you think squat. This is especially true with stage hypnotists, which is basically someone who figured out they were too lovely at comedy or magic, and compromised.

On another note: https://v.redd.it/ptu10z4nohy01

Cracked me up.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I don't care for the new studio at all. It feels empty, the layout makes no sense, Howard's console looks like the reception desk at a doctor's office, and Robin's booth takes up half the room. The lighting is also bad. Either it's too bright or the lights aren't positioned properly. Either way everyone looks like poo poo. I think they have Jason "I Would Eat a Person" Kaplan working the cameras and there's no good angle on anyone.

Last but not least, what was Robin thinking with that wig? Is she deliberately trying to get people on the street to stare?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Crotch Bat posted:

Hypnosis is a self-fulfilling prophecy. It works if you believe it does. If you cross your arms and don't go along with the bit nobody's making you think squat. This is especially true with stage hypnotists, which is basically someone who figured out they were too lovely at comedy or magic, and compromised.

On another note: https://v.redd.it/ptu10z4nohy01

Cracked me up.

Link doesn't work. what was it?

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
baba booey

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
What happened to Medicated Pete?

What are your interests ? What are you in to?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

baba booey

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Liz Plank and Katy Tur are all well and good

But Howard should be talking about Rebecca Berg (Jew broad who may or may not fight Draculas) and Kristen Soltis Anderson (some species of Republican elf).

Former Human fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 21, 2018

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Former Human posted:

Link Plank and Katy Tur are all well and good

But Howard should be talking about Rebecca Berg (Jew broad who may or may not fight Draculas) and Kristen Soltis Anderson (some species of Republican elf).

But do they rescue cats?

Checkmate nerds.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

Are there any photoshoots where their whole rear end in a top hat is hanging out?

Do they talk to Will I Am as if they want to bang him and the rest of the guys in the Black Eyed Peas?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Former Human posted:

Still one of Artie's best lines.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

There has been an update on Scott's wife and it doesn't sound good :( - https://twitter.com/scottthebowler/status/998352132670705665?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

DeadBonesBrook posted:

There has been an update on Scott's wife and it doesn't sound good :( - https://twitter.com/scottthebowler/status/998352132670705665?s=21

Anything else, Robin?