Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Natural 20 posted:

I mean sure, my argument is that I think there are more than 10x the number of people like me who just won't buy anything because the costs are so steep vs. the whales.

The pricing is bad for dolphins but great for whales who spend their mortgages on anime JPEGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think something they're experimenting with is using one-time deals at a price point dolphins feel comfortable with, to functionally have two pricing structures for different demographics.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I bought the Black Knight pack because I thought that was worth it but the current bundles don't even tempt me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I bought the May pack because it coincided with Ishtar but I wouldn't have if it didn't. Maybe there's a demographic for whom those packs make sense as regular purchases but I think it's more likely that they'll get further refined over time.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

yet again people talking about fae "tanking" but every one i have (lots!) is a wet bag and sucks

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

big trivia FAIL posted:

yet again people talking about fae "tanking" but every one i have (lots!) is a wet bag and sucks

The dragon users high valued inserted Aether/Steady Breath on their build, that's why

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

It also helps if she's been merged and is +Def and her breath is Def refined.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

big trivia FAIL posted:

You underestimate the power of extreme investment. Sometimes my Tiki survives getting doubled by a blue mage on 24 base res.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Gluten Freeman posted:

i love to sell my personal information to a corporation for mobile game currency

genuinely, i do. i think ive made like fifteen dollars off it

idk so far they've given Firstname Lastname like $20 and keep asking her if she's heard of Starbucks

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

BlazeEmblem posted:

They were thinking that it was time to give the Tellius games a seasonal unit, right :)?

I mean, that's probably true. Sanaki isn't anywhere near popular, all things considered.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
She was the first Tellius unit we got.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Senerio posted:

She was the first Tellius unit we got.
Sanaki got in before either of Tellius' lords, on a sibling banner where her sibling wouldn't be added to the game for another 6 or so months and whose sibling connection I dont think was mentioned until the last quarter of radiant dawn.

bizarre choice for the game's second ever banner

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

cheetah7071 posted:

I bought the May pack because it coincided with Ishtar but I wouldn't have if it didn't. Maybe there's a demographic for whom those packs make sense as regular purchases but I think it's more likely that they'll get further refined over time.

If they gave us a five star and 10 orbs for 5 bucks once a month I'd buy it, but 10 orbs and 2k feathers for the same price is absurd.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
I've had to force myself back after I started spending once for every banner, the monthly deals definitely feel like an attempt to grab people like me.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Washout posted:

If they gave us a five star and 10 orbs for 5 bucks once a month I'd buy it, but 10 orbs and 2k feathers for the same price is absurd.

or 60 sacred coins, as it is this month. That's like 3 weeks of arena so its slightly more worth it, but the fact its put on the same level as 2k feathers and a 5 star makes me think intsys doesnt really get what any of their stuff is worth

if they dont want to give away a specific 5 star hero any more, at least give 20k feathers. Make your own 5*!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want them to put TT units on the bundle again. I want tobin

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

mabels big day posted:

I want them to put TT units on the bundle again. I want tobin

I wouldn't actually pay for him, but I do want Tobin to be available again somehow. I inherited my only one of him away to Hector for pivot (can you believe it??) and now that armors are ascendant I really regret it.

Also now that I've played SoV and love him.

I hate thinking of the dumb mistakes I made with inheriting early on, like how Anna only has Fury 2 and LaD 1 for some reason.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Wonder if they'll try putting Tempest units (and, uh, Kaze i guess) in the legendary banners? I'm not sure how many people would whale for Clive or Tobin but these units have to get re-released somehow.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Now that I think about, I kind of want a not-Bridal Sanaki for Erika. Def/Res Link 3 on her effectively means Erika gets +12 Res/Def whenever she uses reposition or drag back.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gluten Freeman posted:

I wouldn't actually pay for him, but I do want Tobin to be available again somehow. I inherited my only one of him away to Hector for pivot (can you believe it??) and now that armors are ascendant I really regret it.

Also now that I've played SoV and love him.

I hate thinking of the dumb mistakes I made with inheriting early on, like how Anna only has Fury 2 and LaD 1 for some reason.

For like two months I used a Julia with LaD2

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Yeah Tobin's the only one I missed (I think) so I wouldn't mind just getting him for the sake of having one.

Also I used Life and Death 2 on Reinhardt before I had an easy source of Death Blow for a while.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

the problem with both coins and refining stones is that they're super important at first but within a couple of months all your key units have refined weapons and you've upgraded all the decent seals and they drop off super hard. Like at this point I'm upgrading weapons of guys I use every like 5 AA runs and I don't even know which characters most of my seals are on.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i put desperation 2 on a speed-neutral julia and uh, she didn't really get many chances to proc it

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Gluten Freeman posted:

:same:

My Askr trio have so much garbage cluttering up their skill list

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I doubt they would ever make Tempest Trial heroes summonable in any way like putting them on legendary banners. I hope there are more available through quests like Kaze was for Grand Conquests. Maybe they could actually make Three Heroes quests worthwhile by having them give limited heroes?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Alxprit posted:

Yeah Tobin's the only one I missed (I think) so I wouldn't mind just getting him for the sake of having one.

Also I used Life and Death 2 on Reinhardt before I had an easy source of Death Blow for a while.

I regret only putting QR2 on Atiki and like 4 other units, but then again I'd have a lot less other shiny toys if I'd blown 80k feathers on all my various dragons. FFrobin got QR3 though. There should be a big red flashing sign in the OP that says: DON'T INHERIT OR PROMOTE WITHOUT ASKING FIRST NEWBS.

Washout fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 19, 2018

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

hot take: after the nerf, GC infernal is too easy

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Elyv posted:

hot take: after the nerf, GC infernal is too easy

That has more to them determining that the whole world map would be horse-buffs, so anyone with a decent horse team has a good shot.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Washout posted:

I regret only putting QR2 on Atiki and like 4 other units, but then again I'd have a lot less other shiny toys if I'd blown 80k feathers on all my various dragons. FFrobin got QR3 though. There should be a big red flashing sign in the OP that says: DON'T INHERIT OR PROMOTE WITHOUT ASKING FIRST NEWBS.

done

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

And my last attempt to get another Ishtar got foiled by a -SPD Shigure :( At least Harmonic Lance is top tier inheritance fodder, and I already have a 4* Shigure with better IVs.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I pulled a Lene, finally, she was +Def -Spd. Which... I'm not sure if I'm okay with. I forged her a +Spd Safeguard just to shore it up.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Onmi posted:

I pulled a Lene, finally, she was +Def -Spd. Which... I'm not sure if I'm okay with. I forged her a +Spd Safeguard just to shore it up.
Almost all my dancers are -ATK or -SPD. I usually give them a gem weapon or TA and they’re doing just fine, would be nice if they were better at not getting doubled or killing things but they’re not completely useless in combat that way.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Retcon posted:

Almost all my dancers are -ATK or -SPD. I usually give them a gem weapon or TA and they’re doing just fine, would be nice if they were better at not getting doubled or killing things but they’re not completely useless in combat that way.

I mean ultimately her IV's are +A Dancer -Not a Dancer And I finally have one that's not Olivia.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I would probably have went with a DEF refine on her sword instead of SPD since she is already +DEF

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Is there a site with an idiots guide to 'give this hero these skills'? I have no idea where to start or how to figure out what would be good with who.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Onmi posted:

That has more to them determining that the whole world map would be horse-buffs, so anyone with a decent horse team has a good shot.

I mean, I just run at the fortress with overbuffed dragons and at the camp with overbuffed miscellaneous units. I usually end up on top of the fortress around t4 and actually need to spawn camp it for a bit to get to 20 kills. I do have two horses in the miscellaneous units but I don't think that's the main change.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Vitamin P posted:

Is there a site with an idiots guide to 'give this hero these skills'? I have no idea where to start or how to figure out what would be good with who.

The feh wiki has pages with suggested builds for each specific hero with explanations (eg feheroes.gamepedia.com/Palla and click on the strategy tab. replace palla with your hero name etc). A lot of them are "optimal" so with expensive skills and stuff, but it's a good place to get an idea of where to go.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Elyv posted:

I mean, I just run at the fortress with overbuffed dragons and at the camp with overbuffed miscellaneous units. I usually end up on top of the fortress around t4 and actually need to spawn camp it for a bit to get to 20 kills. I do have two horses in the miscellaneous units but I don't think that's the main change.

a decent horse team (and one pain+ healer with savage blow 6)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
After 100 orbs, my journey to Ishtar ended with pity break :smith:

I have the worst luck with blue mages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Was it at least a good unit who pity broke you?