Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Real ammo that makes enough boom gets satellite tracked. At least when ordering. I tracked everything in Iraq that wasnt TAMIS or SOF account.

Real grenades would have been tracked I think. Even during a lateral transfer.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Soulex posted:

Real ammo that makes enough boom gets satellite tracked. At least when ordering. I tracked everything in Iraq that wasnt TAMIS or SOF account.

Real grenades would have been tracked I think. Even during a lateral transfer.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Det cord eater had me thinking of one of the most :psyduck: darwin awards ever. Three fresh graduates from an electrical engineer college in.. Cambodia I think, celebrate getting their papers with getting super hosed up on rice wine, when they come upon a thick, deglowed half of a power cable sticking out of a substation window. One of them is adamant that it is in fact dead and carries no current, but the others tell him that yes, it is in fact a live cable and they shouldn't gently caress with it in their drenched state of empowerment.

Dude one insists and they go back and forth for a while, before he gets mad, yells "I'll prove to you that there's no current" and bites the exposed copper - whereupon an electric puls jolts into his skull, melting his entire jaw off and killing him instantly :eng99:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

DoktorLoken posted:

The article I saw said Bad Conduct. Dude got off light.

he hasn't been convicted of anything because they just started the investigation last week.

https://www.propublica.org/article/marines-open-investigation-into-active-duty-white-supremacist

to get a bcd, you need at least a special court martial to be convened. if he has already been discharged, then it was administratively.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

SHOW ME YOUR WAR FACE

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

vains posted:

he hasn't been convicted of anything because they just started the investigation last week.

https://www.propublica.org/article/marines-open-investigation-into-active-duty-white-supremacist

to get a bcd, you need at least a special court martial to be convened. if he has already been discharged, then it was administratively.

DoktorLoken was referring to the Humvee strap cutting guy, who went to a GCM and got a BCD. Technically, he hasn't been discharged yet because his appeal isn't complete.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The APR on your lifted truck is WHAT?!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

vains posted:

I'm not talking about that racist dipshit Marine:

Grem posted:

So that video of the humvees eating poo poo during an airdrop was apparently the result of sabotage by a dude who was just found guilty of cutting the parachute cords.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...ontent=20180511

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/WMCActionNews5/status/997456061849391105

https://twitter.com/kchirbas/status/997313242484625409

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Have they just loving stopped bothering to strap poo poo down anymore :psyduck:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Have they just loving stopped bothering to strap poo poo down anymore :psyduck:

That Humvee was sabotage as a prank, so I wouldn't put it past a Marine to have thought it was funny to hurl an ammo can out the window.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

All I see in that pic is free 7.62 to shoot.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

A kid dying after being hit with an ammo box dropped from a chopper onto a school would be political cartoon levels of on-the-nose.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Is that CNN’s 23rd school shooting of the year? :ninja:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

A kid dying after being hit with an ammo box dropped from a chopper onto a school would be political cartoon levels of on-the-nose.

you remember that scene in starship troopers where they dump the roaches on the ground and all the kids are gleefully running around stomping on them? well...

bulletsponge13 posted:

All I see in that pic is free 7.62 to shoot.

Like that but they're picking up free ammo

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If you commit a crime in the military but its not discovered until years later after you've gotten out what happens? Are you still subject to the UCMJ or do they have to find a federal law to charge you with as a civilian?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

"Asking for a friend"?

Alex433999
Aug 16, 2014

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

If you commit a crime in the military but its not discovered until years later after you've gotten out what happens? Are you still subject to the UCMJ or do they have to find a federal law to charge you with as a civilian?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmudiyah_rape_and_killings

One of the guys responsible got out of the army before charges were brought up, but he was charged under federal law instead of the ucmj.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Once you're discharged, you're not subject to the UCMJ. However, retirees are still subject to the UCMJ.
Depending on how many years and what crime, the applicable statue of limitation (how long authorities have to charge a person with s crime) may have expired, and nobody can charge you. Under the UCMJ, it's 5 years, unless it's s UA or missing movement in time of war or a crime of punishable by death, then it never expires. It's generally 5 years for the Feds too, but with a ton of exceptions. States are a total grab bag.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

When I was about to leave bootcamp there was a kid there with thick rear end dreads that I guess they couldn't figure out how to cut with clippers so this guy walking around with a massive amount of dreads and his cover just sitting on top a good half foot off his head.

I don't know what happened but I bet he hated life for a few days. I mean bootcamp stories are dumb but seeing a dude walking around in uniform with dreadlocks was pretty funny

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

MrUnderbridge posted:

"Asking for a friend"?

Nah i was thinking what would have happened to the strap cutter on that airdrop if he had gotten out

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Nah i was thinking what would have happened to the strap cutter on that airdrop if he had gotten out

The feds have nearly identical laws that carry the same potential punishment (though no BCD/DD)

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

When I was about to leave bootcamp there was a kid there with thick rear end dreads that I guess they couldn't figure out how to cut with clippers so this guy walking around with a massive amount of dreads and his cover just sitting on top a good half foot off his head.

I don't know what happened but I bet he hated life for a few days. I mean bootcamp stories are dumb but seeing a dude walking around in uniform with dreadlocks was pretty funny

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah thats what reminded me of it lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Felony littering.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Speaking of airborne gently caress-ups, a battalion commander at Fort Richardson is getting charged with $400k of insurance fraud!

http://www.ktva.com/story/38273861/jber-battalion-commander-charged-in-400k-fraud-scheme

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Wow sending correspondence to USAA stating he was the cop

God drat

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

How are people this stupid that they think they'd get away with that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
U.S. troops guarding nuclear missiles took LSD, Air Force records show

This isn't the time from 1969 that a bunch of dudes who were in control of nukes were so high they missed a Cuban defector landing a fully-armed MiG on their base, this is new information coming to light about some dudes in 2016.

Memento fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 25, 2018

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Is there a statute of limitations on war crimes? Not crimes against humanity, or My Lai, but lesser poo poo.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

bulletsponge13 posted:

Is there a statute of limitations on war crimes? Not crimes against humanity, or My Lai, but lesser poo poo.

God I hope so.

I mean uhh, no idea.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

bulletsponge13 posted:

There is no limit. That being said, I sincerely doubt the US would ever hand over one of its own for prosecution. Just don't ever leave the US.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

bulletsponge13 posted:

There is a UN convention that says there is no SOL for war crimes or crimes against humanity, but the US didn't sign it, so it doesn't apply to the US

Under the UCMJ, there is no SOL for murder or rape and most crimes against children have a SOL of the life of the child +5 years. Otherwise, it's 5 years with several 'time of war' caveats that could extend it.

Federal law has a specific war crimes statute but unless it results in death the SOL is 5 years. If the war crime results in death, it is punishable by death, so no SOL in a case like that.

If by lesser poo poo you mean something less than rape or murder, the statue of limitations is 5 years.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 25, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

gently caress I killed a bunch of drain babies while in uniform...

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

:whitewater:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

LingcodKilla posted:

That was a service to humanity.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

So, if a SM threatened an aid worker, say at gun point, to do their job way back in OIF 1-3ish, they'd in theory, be good?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

So, if a SM threatened an aid worker, say at gun point, to do their job way back in OIF 1-3ish, they'd in theory, be good?

Hypothetically what happened here.

E: actually dont tell me. I think we get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I think it's a bit of a stretch to call a prostitute an "aid worker"