Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Goober Peas posted:

Also stay tuned for Leslie Nielsen

I realize this massively predates Airplane! but holy poo poo I kept expecting him to throw out some screwball joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Work chat: Coworker and myself are rioting over management and project problems. Meeting with the director, we'll see if I still have a job in an hour - I'm doing my best to not rage quit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus I loving hate cigarette smoke.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
anyone need some youth ski gear for their kids? mine has outgrown his. quality stuff. bought it used, but its in good shape. pay shipping. spyder jacket and pants, colombia, marker...sized 8-10, 10-12. will post up more detail if anyone interested. otherwise going to toss it on ebay.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

My 9yo and 4yo just told me alllll about slenderman.

:wtf:

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
My E30 sounds really bad and I’m sad about it. I guess there’s still hope with the other ones.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

angryrobots posted:

My 9yo and 4yo just told me alllll about slenderman.

:wtf:

I'm amazed by the traction gained by a single post on these dead gay forums.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

the spyder posted:

Work chat: Coworker and myself are rioting over management and project problems. Meeting with the director, we'll see if I still have a job in an hour - I'm doing my best to not rage quit.

Well, how’d it go? Going to be fixing RX-7s full time now?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I'm going to start looking at my options. The company/management structure no longer make it a place I want to work and it's been this way long enough to know it's not changing any time soon. I have good coworkers, benefits, and pay- which will be a challenge to replicate. But the markets good right now. I might even take a month off. Who knows, gotta talk it over with the wife.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Tide posted:

anyone need some youth ski gear for their kids? mine has outgrown his. quality stuff. bought it used, but its in good shape. pay shipping. spyder jacket and pants, colombia, marker...sized 8-10, 10-12. will post up more detail if anyone interested. otherwise going to toss it on ebay.

I might be interested...

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Adiabatic posted:

Humidor > humidifier

I've never been one for cigars.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nothing quite like walking out the front door at 11:30 to see a total of probably six+ police cruisers, a fire truck, and an ambulance, all tending to someone about sixty feet down the road. Or having to five point turn out of my own driveway to clear them all.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Deadpool 2 is worth your money.

Stay for the hysterical mid credits

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

On BBC1 right now: Royal Wedding

On BBC2 right now: Tron Legacy

...I know which I've got cranked up.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

On BBC1 right now: Royal Wedding

On BBC2 right now: Tron Legacy

...I know which I've got cranked up.

Isn't that almost like the exact same show on both channels?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Im watching the royal wedding though not by choice, mind

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Im watching the royal wedding though not by choice, mind

Why dont you slaughter whomever is forcing you to watch that poo poo?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's hilarious how wound up people are getting about this.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

im not going to murder my gf tyvm

they had some American episcopal preacher guy give a very passionate sermon and all the posh royal white people were making faces it was pretty lulzy

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

He could be on the clock...which would make it a-ok in my books

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'm on the clock and if I had to watch TV I'd choose Tron every time.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

fridge corn posted:

im not going to murder my gf tyvm

If my gf tried to force me to watch upper class twits being married, she wouldnt be my gf any more.

Luckily the current gf has the same kind of distaste of this BS.

InitialDave posted:

It's hilarious how wound up people are getting about this.

Let me put this way - for the last three months there has been such overwhelming coverage in such a way that cant be escaped except if you chose to be a island hermit that it has truly worn out it's welcome a long time ago and a godawful load of people have had a gutful as a result. A lot less would be getting wound up if it was more passing in mention, but the sheer overwhelming excruciating soap opera that is shoved in everyone's faces is just pissing people off. In the short or long run it's an event that bares exactly zero revalence to anything important in the world so why should anyone be hammered by this BS day in and day out?

I'm a republican - as in gently caress royality, not the rear end in a top hat GOP kind - so I deliberatly go out of my way to avoid royality related garbage and avoid commenting mostly but wow it's just ..... gently caress this nonsense could there be some escape please????

(eg - went to the movies, theres a goddamn display outside in the food court blaring the LATEST UPDATES!!!! I gently caress off from there to the shops and for fucks sake it's there too. I go home and shut myself in the garage.... anndd.... yep I cant escape it there either, dickheads next door got it on. *sigh* Honestly, just dial it back so it can be easily escaped, that's really not too much to ask for, without needing to go up the coast in the middle of nowhere?)

Edit - also not like I've gone on and on about it. I've said gently caress the royals once on Facebook and the above and that's all I'm going to say. I think in the main ignoring as best as possible is the adult thing but goddamn it's really weaing thin how ridulous the wall to wall coverage has been

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 13:36 on May 19, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I have paid no attention to it and didn't know they weren't already married until this thread. :shrug:

Thanks for spreading the news and being what you hate.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
How do you ride a bike with blood pressure like that?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Cage posted:

Fast.

I've said my peice, I'm going back to discussing how loving awesome Deadpool 2 is.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Cage posted:

When he shakes his fist at the sky it lowers slightly

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Edit - also not like I've gone on and on about it. I've said gently caress the royals once on Facebook and the above and that's all I'm going to say. I think in the main ignoring as best as possible is the adult thing but goddamn it's really weaing thin how ridulous the wall to wall coverage has been
I didn't mean you specifically, just people in the general bipedal meatbag sense. I have seen more mentions of the wedding from people being annoyed about it than I have from anywhere else, and I'm both British and not in the least bit opposed to it.

Also

Cage posted:

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I'm a republican - as in gently caress royality, not the rear end in a top hat GOP kind
I prefer your other elaboration of "Republican," which made me honest-to-God laugh.

I've been lucky on the royal wedding front. I've heard about it obviously, but there's nowhere I go online or in person, or folks I hang out with, who gush about it. If I were bombarded with it I'd probably be pretty salty hearing about it constantly instead of the dozens of Actually Important things going on in the news on any given day.

What's funny is that during the last big royal event -- probably one of them dropping a mewling crotch-bomb whose net worth at the instantaneous moment of birth eclipsed any amount of money I will see in my entire lifetime -- a friend of mine posted angrily on Facebook about how he was tired of it being a big event, sick of hearing about it, etc. I responded simply that it wasn't too intrusive for me for the reasons I noted above, and he launched into me for somehow insinuating that I was above all this petty bickering. No amount of "No man, I've just been lucky not to have to hear about it" could get him to back down, so I had to take a break from his IMAX-sized projection for a while.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Larrymer posted:

Thanks for spreading the news and being what you hate.

:laugh:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

If my gf tried to force me to watch upper class twits being married, she wouldnt be my gf any more.

Luckily the current gf has the same kind of distaste of this BS.

Let me put this way - for the last three months there has been such overwhelming coverage in such a way that cant be escaped except if you chose to be a island hermit that it has truly worn out it's welcome a long time ago and a godawful load of people have had a gutful as a result. A lot less would be getting wound up if it was more passing in mention, but the sheer overwhelming excruciating soap opera that is shoved in everyone's faces is just pissing people off. In the short or long run it's an event that bares exactly zero revalence to anything important in the world so why should anyone be hammered by this BS day in and day out?

I'm a republican - as in gently caress royality, not the rear end in a top hat GOP kind - so I deliberatly go out of my way to avoid royality related garbage and avoid commenting mostly but wow it's just ..... gently caress this nonsense could there be some escape please????

(eg - went to the movies, theres a goddamn display outside in the food court blaring the LATEST UPDATES!!!! I gently caress off from there to the shops and for fucks sake it's there too. I go home and shut myself in the garage.... anndd.... yep I cant escape it there either, dickheads next door got it on. *sigh* Honestly, just dial it back so it can be easily escaped, that's really not too much to ask for, without needing to go up the coast in the middle of nowhere?)

N
I
C
E

M
E
L
T
D
O
W
N

👍

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Beverly Cleavage posted:

I might be interested...

aight. I'll dig them out of storage later today.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

for the record i don't give a poo poo about the royal family or the wedding but as a sane person i am able to sit there with my girlfriend who just wanted to see what the dress looked like and watch a bit of it with a certain level of detachment and not cause any physical or mental distress to myself due to ultimately meaningless opinions

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

fridge corn posted:

for the record i don't give a poo poo about the royal family or the wedding but as a sane person i am able to sit there with my girlfriend who just wanted to see what the dress looked like and watch a bit of it with a certain level of detachment and not cause any physical or mental distress to myself due to ultimately meaningless opinions

Thanks for detailing how much you don't care.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
somebody is getting married?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Seminal Flu posted:

Thanks for detailing how much you don't care.

:tipshat:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It's pretty lol to be in the US, to see the entire entertainment industry going "ROYALTY" desperate to sell whatever the gently caress.

It's super weird, like Scientology but for government. Or "government".

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

These are my feelings about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTOB3z12Lc

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tide posted:

somebody is getting married?

Yeah a frog and a pig.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

KakerMix posted:

It's pretty lol to be in the US, to see the entire entertainment industry going "ROYALTY" desperate to sell whatever the gently caress.

It's super weird, like Scientology but for government. Or "government".

Despite all the noise and the founding documents, your country has a deep and powerful desire to be ruled by autocrats. It's kinda hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Despite all the noise and the founding documents, your country has a deep and powerful desire to be ruled by autocrats. It's kinda hosed.

Thanks a lot, DAD.

• Locked thread