Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Roblo posted:

Holy poo poo.

How...how stupid can you be.

I'm an EMT and we recently had a patient who was walking on train tracks with his earbuds in. The obvious occurred. He survived and last we heard his brain was still in decent shape, surprisingly enough.

So in answer to your question, people get unbelievably stupid around train tracks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Randaconda posted:

:randpop:

holy loving poo poo

Watching, I literally said aloud "That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen".

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

1stGear posted:

I'm an EMT and we recently had a patient who was walking on train tracks with his earbuds in. The obvious occurred. He survived and last we heard his brain was still in decent shape, surprisingly enough.

The rest of him wasn't, I suppose?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
If you were hit by a train the right way, it actually does very little damage, because you go under where there is a clearance

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Wheat Loaf posted:

The rest of him wasn't, I suppose?

Feel free to Google 'avulsion' and you'll know what happened to the left side of his head.

Don't do that though

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Pick posted:

If you were hit by a train the right way, it actually does very little damage, because you go under where there is a clearance

There is no right way to be hit by a train.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Grem posted:

There is no right way to be hit by a train.

there's a wrong way.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Idiots somehow never imagined how dangerous it is to go inside a railroad tunnel.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6300795/video-cyclist-train-tunnel-brazil/

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I saw the dude on the left and thought OH poo poo SCARY MONSTER and then I realized that no, he was busy making GBS threads himself too, and the scary monster in this situation was apparently "common sense", since they both avoided it (and luckily the train).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Pick posted:

If you were hit by a train the right way

possible new thread title

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

C.M. Kruger posted:

skateboards were created in a conspiracy by the medical industry to increase the number of injured teenagers.

Tumble for half damage

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

1stGear posted:

Feel free to Google 'avulsion' and you'll know what happened to the left side of his head.

Don't do that though

Hmm, yeah, I looked that up in a dictionary and I think I can do without pictures. :(

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

DiggityDoink posted:

ive stepped foot on a skateboard 3 times in my life and have been injured every single time, this is the loving truth. get infowars to talk about this poo poo. this is the real conspiracy

*set foot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Hmm, yeah, I looked that up in a dictionary and I think I can do without pictures. :(

Just a fancy word for "big ol' explodey gross wound."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I was and am an incredibly shameful nerd, and I have a scar on the base of my thumb from when I nearly cut it off when I was 18. No one is immune.

thats fine i guess? imo just put your broken finger in your pocket & avoid the real world

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

1stGear posted:

So in answer to your question, people get unbelievably stupid around train tracks.

At least once or twice a year my train line gets shut down for "trespasser strikes."

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

effervescible posted:

At least once or twice a year my train line gets shut down for "trespasser strikes."

I didn't even know they had a union.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

SiKboy posted:

I didn't even know they had a union.

The trains are actually quite good at dissolving that union.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

effervescible posted:

I believe the definition translates to “collision with a person” over here. I guess if you’re waiting for a train it goes over better than “dude got splattered” or “ludicrous gibs”.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
My personal favorite euphemism of all time is "injuries incompatible with life".

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

1stGear posted:

My personal favorite euphemism of all time is "injuries incompatible with life".

What I want my gravestone to say.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

1stGear posted:

Also, "bodily disruption," which is medical speak for "Your body now has the consistency of fine salsa."

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

1stGear posted:

Or anything that begins with 'Explosive'

Such as '-decompression', '-discorporation' or '-diarrhoea'

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

1stGear posted:

I think that is one that exists because only a doctor can declare someone dead. So a paramedic or whatever can't report in that the patient is dead, just that they have injuries incompatible with life.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
"injuries incompatible with life" is explicitly spelled out in our local protocols to allow paramedics and/or EMTs to declare someone dead. It's a strict set of signs/symptoms that allow someone below a doctor to declare death. The lower the license, the stricter they are.

So, for example, in Phoenix, a paramedic may be able to see asystole (no electrical activity), PEA (pulseless electrical activity), severe cervical spinal injuries, decapitation, signs of internal decapitation, or visible brain matter combined with lack of response and declare death. An EMT (one step below paramedic) needs to see actual brain matter separate from the head or an actual decapitation, but doesn't have a cardiac monitor or the licensed skills to be able to declare death based on heart rhythm (or lack of).

Different states have different requirements, too. For example, Alaska requires a body temperature above a certain point to declare death in combination with other signs like PEA, because sometimes someone who is extremely hypothermic with PEA may get ROSC (Return of Spontaneous Circulation) when you warm them up.

E: I think I parsed your post incorrectly but I'll leave mine.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

This only moderately triggers me. He has to do it a full blown 10 days if I am to be severely triggered.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

You know full well they'll just try so much harder to hide things, including coming up with all sorts of legal shenanigans to stop anyone from ever reporting even a suspicion of child rape.

A post in another thread said they must stop advocating for some new law about sexual harassment so yeah good job you're right.

:smith:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully she won't be using that towel again.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ay yi yi yi, this guy is a dumb racist rear end in a top hat
Now sing me another verse that's worse than the other verse
I bet he has a two inch willie

There once was a lawyer named Aaron
That hated anyone Mexican
And now thanks to twitter
His careers in the shitter
And he'll off blow his brains out in the john

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Its not being even done properly. That's why he can say it was easy.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

insert premature ejaculation joke here

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tony Snark posted:

There once was a lawyer named Aaron
That hated anyone Mexican
And now thanks to twitter
His careers in the shitter
And he'll off blow his brains out in the juan

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Its not being even done properly. That's why he can say it was easy.

Or he has no brain.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Tune in for future schadenfreude.

https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/997959152956723200

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Financial doping

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/somethingawful/status/997990573964513280?s=21

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Shocking, dude with big nerd following for making fun of people online has super thin skin.

I remember buying one of his t-shirts when I was in highschool. It was pretty poor quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Garrand posted:

Shocking, dude with big nerd following for making fun of people online has super thin skin.

I remember buying one of his t-shirts when I was in highschool. It was pretty poor quality.

He was pretty funny for a short time fifteen years ago. He completely abandoned his base when he discovered podcasts, and some idiot gave him a book deal. His wannabe Ed Anger shtick didn't really have long-term potential to start with.