Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Android Blues posted:

Tayel Gets Trolled. Tayel's Realm.

Blails gets Brolled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Still as good as the day it was minted.

https://youtu.be/8fGFjoeyc6I

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

rudecyrus posted:

Good night, sweet prince

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

what a big retarded ho

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sometimes I wonder if Lazerbot is secretly Ernest Cline, but then I see that nothing in Ready Player One is as creative as Necromancer Looney Tunes or an earless Dragonborn.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Or Bugs acting gay until he finally became gay with Daffy.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Dammit, stop mentioning so many amazing things that happened in TGT, it only makes the pain worse!

I can easily imagine the quick fix ending that could have just finished off the series. There was some kind of soul bonding thing mentioned (by Pac-Man or Kermit, I think?) where Tails was totally going to summon Sonic's spirit to finish off the final boss. Also, Rob would have had an amazing fight scene against the Troll King where the cursed words wouldn't work on him because he can't hear.

This could have been done in like 2 remaining issues instead of dragging out the horrible OC & Coyote fight forever.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

JazzFlight posted:

Dammit, stop mentioning so many amazing things that happened in TGT, it only makes the pain worse!

I can easily imagine the quick fix ending that could have just finished off the series. There was some kind of soul bonding thing mentioned (by Pac-Man or Kermit, I think?) where Tails was totally going to summon Sonic's spirit to finish off the final boss. Also, Rob would have had an amazing fight scene against the Troll King where the cursed words wouldn't work on him because he can't hear.

This could have been done in like 2 remaining issues instead of dragging out the horrible OC & Coyote fight forever.

The fake out for extra drama could have been that the words didn't work, but the Troll King whips out a nonverbal curse and stops Rob right when it looks like he will be beaten. Then the Troll King gives a triumphant, long winded speech, maybe even giving some props to Rob, and even going so far as to question his ways, only for Rob to say "what?" His final words.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ToastyPotato posted:

The fake out for extra drama could have been that the words didn't work, but the Troll King whips out a nonverbal curse and stops Rob right when it looks like he will be beaten. Then the Troll King gives a triumphant, long winded speech, maybe even giving some props to Rob, and even going so far as to question his ways, only for Rob to say "what?" His final words.

So that nonverbal curse would totally be the middle school "okay sign over my crotch means I can punch you" gesture, right?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
god drat it i just realized that thanks to mods i have animal heads and necromancy in XCOM 2...

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

https://twitter.com/theleitungvg/status/975494608238120961?s=21

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i saw that in the trump thread. we're all of us at risk of stumbling across random tgt without any warning and understanding it and hopefully never having to explain how we know this poo poo and that its been half a fuckin decade and oh god

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

https://twitter.com/TheShaboodle/status/972317769059446784?s=19

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Oh God save us all but I want to see more

Do not go into the dark quietly, old friend

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Tails Gets Trolled is legitimately going to live on for the next like decade or so as this weird immutable piece of sub-sub-subculture. Maybe it's best that way.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
man I haven't read this thread since like, 2016 but I binged the rest today. what a wild ride.

rest in peace, old friend. I'm glad you were fun before you weren't.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9DVaTFvRy4

This channel did a TGT livestream and got up to Chapter 4. It's fun seeing people react to TGT for the first time. He's planning on continuing it whether on Youtube or Discord.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Apr 16, 2018

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

hughesta posted:

man I haven't read this thread since like, 2016 but I binged the rest today. what a wild ride.

rest in peace, old friend. I'm glad you were fun before you weren't.

I still miss that initial feeling of discovering Tails Gets Trolled.

I'll never have that feeling again.

God what a crazy wild ride we had. Thanks Lazerbot, shame about the mental illness.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

The MSJ posted:

This channel did a TGT livestream and got up to Chapter 4. It's fun seeing people react to TGT for the first time. He's planning on continuing it whether on Youtube or Discord.

Brendaniel's been doing something similar, very slowly, like he did for Sonichu etc a while back. He's only gotten upto chapter 5 though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O2a31HfLtk

And earlier this month, Ben Saint did a faux-lecture explaining TGT to people who've never heard of it. Even though TGT itself as we knew and liked is dead and gone, its always great seeing people learning about the best parts

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

Dragonatrix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O2a31HfLtk

And earlier this month, Ben Saint did a faux-lecture explaining TGT to people who've never heard of it. Even though TGT itself as we knew and liked is dead and gone, its always great seeing people learning about the best parts

Interestingly, in the Youtube comments to that video, there's someone posting with username "UpCyaniDown" that claims to be Lazerbot:

UpCyaniDown posted:

Hello, it is me Lazerbot and i actually have quite a long and thorough explanation as to why i stopped the comic in my Devianatart journals if you haven't read it then i suggest you check it out.

Ben Saint posted:

UpCyaniDown Believe me, I understand putting projects on hold to start something new. If you ever wanna be a guest on the Pro Crastinators Podcast to discuss the state of Tails Gets Trolled or to promote your new projects, you're invited!

UpCyaniDown posted:

I'm moving in the next couple of weeks and won't have internet for awhile but that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Though my other projects are still being wrote and constructed and i don't know when I'll actually be able to publish them.

UpCyaniDown posted:

Yeah the thing is TGT isn't remotely close to being concluded and i don't want a rush ending for this story to appease the fans, that's not how i work. I rather wait until i have the man power to have the whole story made, i want to build up my brand and expand first and then when i have the resources come back and create TGT in a timely fashion instead of rushing a ending.

How many chapters can i make a year? I would be able to make a chapter maybe some of a second chapter if i didn't put much effort into the artwork but basically 1 chapter and maybe a bit extra for a year. I have 100-plus chapters planned for the story, a lot of it being important story line that i'm not going to remove.

So, working alone, it would take him a century to complete TGT?? :crossarms:

Edit: Lazerbot recently opened a Q&A session on his deviantart page that I don't think has been posted in this thread yet. Beware of spoilers, because he and his brother explain Shadow and Cheetoh Man's history with the trolls, the origins of the Defenders, the lore of the Words of Death, the lore of the Neutrals, the identity of the Man in the Ice, and what Shadow's "flawless plan" is.

RobobTheGreat fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 19, 2018

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The Man in the Ice's identity is way less interesting than I had thought it would be :(

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Brendaniel finally made a Chapter 6 video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6_JLa8ZhTI

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So uh, a while back in Lazey B prime I added his fan page as a friend on Facebook, as Lazey B charmingly didn't understand how Facebook worked...

... And now it's just his FB page. He sent me a message thanking me for being a fan of his work. I am through the looking glass here people and it feels very uncomfortable

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I don’t regret enjoying the good times this comic has given me

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

RobobTheGreat posted:

"I'm moving in the next couple of weeks and won't have internet for awhile but that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Though my other projects are still being wrote and constructed and i don't know when I'll actually be able to publish them."

lmao that after all these years lazerbot is STILL playing the "I don't have internet access/some other tech issue" card, in a world where pretty much everyone has access to the internet at all times

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

lmao that after all these years lazerbot is STILL playing the "I don't have internet access/some other tech issue" card, in a world where pretty much everyone has access to the internet at all times

I might have mentioned it before but a lot of tails gets trolled feels like it stepped out of the early 2000s webcomic/sprite comic age where people would constantly talk about how they didn’t have internet or how their hard drive broke as an excuse for not updating

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Have you heard of being poor

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Wrist Watch posted:

I might have mentioned it before but a lot of tails gets trolled feels like it stepped out of the early 2000s webcomic/sprite comic age where people would constantly talk about how they didn’t have internet or how their hard drive broke as an excuse for not updating
I prefer that to the Megatokyo dude constantly going "GUYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I know the webs get like 10000000 hits a day and you buy my prints and like the work but.... ugh i don't know if it's good enough so I'll be in a funk for the next two weeks enjoy this half-executed sketch IT SUCKS SO BAD OH GOD THERE'S SO MUCH PRESSURE NOW"

Dude had some issues that needed therapy and the giant spotlight didn't help much.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Saw a guy at work the other day deadass reading User Friendly.

Wanted to kill myself to end his misery vicariously

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Data Graham posted:

Saw a guy at work the other day deadass reading User Friendly.

Wanted to kill myself to end his misery vicariously

Was he a temporal refugee from 1999?

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

FilthyImp posted:

I prefer that to the Megatokyo dude constantly going "GUYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I know the webs get like 10000000 hits a day and you buy my prints and like the work but.... ugh i don't know if it's good enough so I'll be in a funk for the next two weeks enjoy this half-executed sketch IT SUCKS SO BAD OH GOD THERE'S SO MUCH PRESSURE NOW"

Dude had some issues that needed therapy and the giant spotlight didn't help much.

I checked Megatokyo for the first time in about a decade and I from what I can tell, only about 8 comics have been done in that time and it is as stupid as ever.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I meant to do this a while ago, but I took all of the original 22 chapter run of Tails Gets Trolled and made a coherent .cbz out of it, including the text ending. It's on my dropbox here https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6r1ah6cgxjtrs2/Tails%20Gets%20Trolled.cbz?dl=0 , but feel free to spread it around (I don't know if I can just leave a dropbox up or what).

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Twitch posted:

I meant to do this a while ago, but I took all of the original 22 chapter run of Tails Gets Trolled and made a coherent .cbz out of it, including the text ending. It's on my dropbox here https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6r1ah6cgxjtrs2/Tails%20Gets%20Trolled.cbz?dl=0 , but feel free to spread it around (I don't know if I can just leave a dropbox up or what).

You are a good soul.

RIP TGT.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
In life. I use "I'm moving and won't have Internet" as my excuse for not wanting to do things about once a week.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Hi old thread. Someone was mentioning filming in the area and listing some of the people and productions going on. They ended with "oh also Jim Carrey's here filming a Sonic the Hedgehog movie" and I laughed and they laughed and then stopped and said "no I'm not joking, he's playing Dr Robotnic"

How... how is this real? And why are they filming it on my dumb island?

"A cop in rural town of Green Hills will help Sonic escape from the goverment who is looking to capture him."
Haha my drat island is Green Hill Zone.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
This also reminded me of the thread.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

By the way, in case anyone was looking for the fully-preserved archives of the comic, someone e-mailed me to say that they set up a new website:

http://www.tailsgetstrolled.org/

It's nicely organized and pretty extensive.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This also reminded me of the thread.

poo poo, Luthor failed.

Daffy can't troll Lex if he's dead.

JazzFlight posted:

By the way, in case anyone was looking for the fully-preserved archives of the comic, someone e-mailed me to say that they set up a new website:

Finally. Thanks for the link.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Aug 29, 2018

RobobTheGreat
Jul 14, 2003

Mind your manners when talking to the king!

JazzFlight posted:

Oh, nice! Thanks for the link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

JazzFlight posted:

Have they lost previous domains, going from TGT.NET, TailsTroll.org, Tailsgetstrolled.biz and whatnot?