Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I go to the Co-op for horsefeed and shoot the poo poo with the local farmers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Salty Josh posted:

I go to the Co-op for horsefeed and shoot the poo poo with the local farmers.

you have a horse?

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

you have a horse?

Horses. I used to breed, train, and raise them.

Only a couple now but at one time i had 22.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Salty Josh posted:

I love horses.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Best of all the animals?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There's no "best animal" but it would be hard to say anything is better than a crocodile. hard to train them though.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pick posted:

However, babies are actually pretty sturdy, and they can take a lot of cadmium

True. When I was a crawler I used to eat dirt. Literal soil. Freaked out my mom, but the doc said it was fine. :yum:

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

goatface posted:

Best of all the animals?

I broke in broncos with saddle and cart trained a few others. Usually did about 4 in a year.

Out of the many raised, there were only a few (can count on one hand) that I could say was genuinely a good animal.

The best part was probably the foals. Those little guys were basically like dogs when you imprinted them right after birth.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Out of interest. What other reasons other than feeding a horse would one buy horse feed?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sex Robot posted:

Out of interest. What other reasons other than feeding a horse would one buy horse feed?

Nesting material? Fill a small room with hay and pretend you're a bird.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Sex Robot posted:

I fed our llamas and donkeys with it as well.

Stamina 14 pellet. No sweet feed.

By far the cutest babies were the llama crias.

Salty Josh fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 19, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
no alpacas?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nesting material? Fill a small room with hay and pretend you're a bird.

Well this is an exciting idea!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Facebook Aunt posted:

True. When I was a crawler I used to eat dirt. Literal soil. Freaked out my mom, but the doc said it was fine. :yum:

Hi five fellow dirt-eater

It's good for the immune system I guess

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Alpacas >>> llamas and everything else

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32798543413.html

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Like I said, I don't think it's going to be anything that isn't going to come up in the West anyway. Supply chains are so hidden and obtuse that's it's virtually impossible to tell where the raw materials/semi-finished products of stuff that's "made in USA/Germany/Sweden" come from anyway. And as far as inspection goes for imported goods, there's only a tiny percentage of imported finished goods that are ever in anyway controlled. I'm not saying that poo poo from China is 100% safe, I'm saying that it's impossible to know if anything you buy is safe just because it comes from a nice store and costs two to five times as much, so it's going to be about the same risk level as buying anything at retail here. Unless you raise the sheep or flax and spin and dye it with homemade beetroot dye, you don't know what you're getting.

Without making the effort to do a long post (casue I am lazy) I will just say that if you buy something from a major retailer (e.g Toys R Us) or with a major brandname on it (e.g. Mothercare) then that product will have passed a lot more safety tests and monitoring that you will not get from something sold by a random AliExpress retailer.

It's the reason that iPhones very rarely explode or give you cancer and the buttplug I brought from LiuLiuSexToysDirect caused my penis to turn green and drop off.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I figured an update might 🐝 warranted:

On magnets:

bees!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

spog posted:

Without making the effort to do a long post (casue I am lazy) I will just say that if you buy something from a major retailer (e.g Toys R Us) or with a major brandname on it (e.g. Mothercare) then that product will have passed a lot more safety tests and monitoring that you will not get from something sold by a random AliExpress retailer.

It's the reason that iPhones very rarely explode or give you cancer and the buttplug I brought from LiuLiuSexToysDirect caused my penis to turn green and drop off.

Hm, maybe you're right for baby stuff. I wasn't really concerned about adult stuff, but I think it'd be easier to win a lawsuit for baby stuff so they might be a bit more stringent. I don't trust a retailer to be more honest than some rando on AE, but I do expect them to be more concerned with a lawsuit.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Salty Josh posted:

You need to come join us in BFC.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

The folding bersols are made with cheap looking plastic and don't fold right. I paid 50 USD and they're more like a 25. Now to try the oliver beoples

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
My sleeping mats came in and they're really good quality. Flytop brand.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I'm actually having me a baby here in a few months and I figure this isn't going to be any worse than anything I can buy at the store here. Going to order this cause babby's going to have to start to get used to mommy's AE ways.

I can't wait till the baby gets a bit older cause holy moly you can just buy bags of babrie accessories for cheap. I used to have to glue barbie's shoes to her feet, but my children will have a much better life in which they can just throw handfuls of babrie shoes around like confetti.

Those sling style baby carriers are actually pretty dangerous. Especially for newborns. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cpsc-warns-of-baby-sling-dangers/ If you’re going to be baby wearing then the wrap style carriers are apparently safest. You basically want to avoid the chin touching the chest, as there’s no proper neck support.

I’d avoid most AE baby stuff. It goes straight into their mouths, so they’ll build an excellent tolerance to lead, but might get all mutant-y. Probably fine once they’re Barbie playing age.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

no alpacas?

Nah, those were pretty common up near Blanco, Texas. Baby donkeys are pretty cute too.

I had one that would lick my hands all the time. Could let her out in the yard and let her sleep in the backroom when it was cold.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

Actually, there are a number of really intense natural good stores and stuff, and co-ops. If I had a baby I probably go that direction.

Maybe you'd start out that way, but after the first 3 months of no sleep, constantly washing, re-washing, steam sterilising, sorting bottle tops, changing soiled nappies and cleaning endless amounts of spilled food from every surface in your house, you'd just say "gently caress it, close enough" and get whatever damned product makes your life that incremental bit easier.

The 2nd and 3rd + kids you just stop giving a poo poo.

Anyway:

Has anyone bought one of these tyre pressure management things? Are they at least slightly good or reasonably useful?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sol...2832068309.html

:aaa: reversible USB micro B?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FLOVEME-Micro-USB-Cable-Reversible-QC-3-0-Fast-Charge-USB-Cable-1m-Double-Sided-Charger/32827338023.html

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Russian reviewer:

quote:

plague!!!! and easy which is no s as hrp of things???? any party-on both sides втыкается it!!!! нахер лайтнинги нахер усби 3)))) посоны plague real! респект-jackie chan and thank you recommend shop неистово!

Rated 5 stars so I assume they're happy with the free plague?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

There is no god but Nurgle and Jackie Chan is his prophet. Prophet of plague!!!!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Apparently the only state they don't ship to is Washington? How am I supposed to get my bees?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

super sweet best pal posted:

Apparently the only state they don't ship to is Washington? How am I supposed to get my bees?

Find someone in a different state and mail it there. Then have them mail it as a gift. Or smuggle the bees over the border like the dirty criminal you are.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Squish posted:

Has anyone bought one of these tyre pressure management things? Are they at least slightly good or reasonably useful?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sol...2832068309.html
OEM TPMS barely works from the factory so I wouldn't bother with this knockoff, it's probably not worth the hassle.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Russian reviewer:

Rated 5 stars so I assume they're happy with the free plague?
Yep, very happy.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

This once was the case but is not anymore. I live in Washington and have received many orders. You should try to complete your order as normal; I'm pretty sure there might be a couple of AE zombie pages that haven't been updated about the WA shipping policy. I'd be surprised if your order didn't go through.

Ceive
Dec 19, 2006

thank pizza skeltal

Why is this package from China wet... on the inside? :stonk:

Gonna go wash my hands.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
Your package came early.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm in WA and I buy poo poo all the time and most of it even makes it to me.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

moller posted:

Your package came early.

:golfclap:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Well, had my first issue with a purchase. That dorky Pokemon hoodie I ordered a month ago still hasn't arrived, and keeps saying "tracking not available" even though it's marked as shipped. Contacted the seller, they said something about it being damaged and returned to them, offered a refund. Would have preferred if they just sent another, but they didn't have my size anymore. Or maybe they never did, and they're just making poo poo up. Either way, ordered one from another seller, so fingers crossed I actually get this one. I'm a little bummed because I wanted it for a convention this weekend, but it's not like I ever got around to making anything else I was gonna wear with it so whatever.

In happier news, it looks like I scored another freebie! :woop:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Eur...2830850760.html

I can taste the cadmium already. :allears:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Someone posted some cable organiser wallets a while back, I could totally use that now that I'm in hot-desk hell.
Anyone remember the seller that was recommended?

Velcro straps are good but they don't hold up to being tossed in a backpack week after week, and having my cables kept tidy along with notebooks and my variety of dongles would be good.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
The correct search term for cable wallets is "bubm". It's a brand of cable wallets, but also sounds funny.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

yoloer420 posted:

The correct search term for cable wallets is "bubm". It's a brand of cable wallets, but also sounds funny.

Thanks, that should do nicely thanks.
That sort of thing is like $30 on the high street, $5 shipped from Aliexpress is not even close to that

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

I just ordered this from Wish because I’m a gigantic goon and thought it was adorable. I ordered XXL because Chinese sizes. Let’s see how it turns out!

Of course the shipping was the same price as the hoodie. Still worth it if it’s halfway decent IMO.

Also while browsing Wish I stumbled upon this:

Building blocks gun model building kit for children! There’s a picture of it firing some sort of plastic projectile too. And no orange tip on the barrel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Funny building blocks indeed! It'll be even funnier as they pick up the kids the police shot down.