Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Rhyno posted:

So you haven't watched Punishet then?

Punisher doesn't deliver on superhero action implied by the Marvel label. Still a good show, but Daredevil is pretty much the only marvel tv show to actually bring heroes doing comic book poo poo to the small screen for better or for worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel? The romance comic company?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Doing a rewatch of Luke Cage again. Actually comes off better the second time. Still miss Cottonmouth in the second half but I'm warming up to Diamondback more than I did the first time. Show has some nice flow and interesting characters.

Really want Shades to be Frisk's new Wesley in DD S3.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Marvel? The romance comic company?

Apparently that was Patsy Walker's origins in the comics, and she just kept around during the romance/who gives a gently caress comics to the silver age transition.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Rhyno posted:

So you haven't watched Punishet then?

This thread hilariously overrates Punisher, who throughout 400 episodes of brooding has not one fight scene as good as the worst stuff in Daredevil.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah.

But it's still better than Daredevil.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
By design. Punisher only has one traditional 'fight scene' that comes to mind, and a lot of Frank turning ex-special forces mercenaries into teenagers in a slasher flick.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

dont even fink about it posted:

This thread hilariously overrates Punisher, who throughout 400 episodes of brooding has not one fight scene as good as the worst stuff in Daredevil.

Fighting is secondary to spandex drama, honestly.

This is a soap opera for manly, manly men, okay?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The wrap over his head looked way better than that doofyass helmet.

I like the fact the wrap really drives home the whole "Hey, I'm either blind or so badass I don't even need to see you" thing.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

HIJK posted:

I agree somewhat regarding DDS2 (though I hate the undead ninjas, they super hosed that up not to mention they completely forgot how Matt's powers work rofl) but I also know that the DDS2 showrunners performed the abortion that is The Defenders, and that's what makes me pessimistic regarding DDS3.

DDS3 has a new showrunner, FWIW.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

MrJacobs posted:

Punisher doesn't deliver on superhero action implied by the Marvel label. Still a good show, but Daredevil is pretty much the only marvel tv show to actually bring heroes doing comic book poo poo to the small screen for better or for worse.

You should watch Agents of SHIELD from season 2 onward.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Very disappointed to read about the black suit. When I watch a show about Daredevil, I expect to see a Daredevil costume. The black suit is just boring.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Didn't Matt wake up in a nunnery? They (or somebody) probably ditched the suit so he has to make do.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Doggles posted:

You should watch Agents of SHIELD from season 2 onward.

I litterally stopped when they had Ward become the lovecraftian horror that was the inspriation for hydra or something. Not because it got too stupid, but other things happened. Then I found out they gave Ghost Rider a goddamned car. You don't ride a loving car, he cant be goddamned ghost RIDER if he's driving a muscle car! He needs a goddamned motorcycle you loving morons!.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Didn't Matt wake up in a nunnery? They (or somebody) probably ditched the suit so he has to make do.

The season 1 suit is really cool, but the horns are defining for Daredevil.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

MrJacobs posted:

I litterally stopped when they had Ward become the lovecraftian horror that was the inspriation for hydra or something. Not because it got too stupid, but other things happened. Then I found out they gave Ghost Rider a goddamned car. You don't ride a loving car, he cant be goddamned ghost RIDER if he's driving a muscle car! He needs a goddamned motorcycle you loving morons!.

There is definitely a Ghost Rider on a bike in AoS.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

kater posted:

There is definitely a Ghost Rider on a bike in AoS.

Then I will have to check it out. Which season was it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ghost Ride the Whip.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MrJacobs posted:

Dude. It's comic books. There's been like five different Captain Americas, two or eight Spider-Men, etc. It's not that hard to find Ghost Rider using something besides a motorcycle.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

Dude. It's comic books. There's been like five different Captain Americas, two or eight Spider-Men, etc. It's not that hard to find Ghost Rider using something besides a motorcycle.

Not gonna lie, caveman ghost rider is pretty funny

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
the skull looks dumb, which is my main problem with AOS Ghost Rider. Well, other than the fact that it's AOS.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

AoS is better than most of this shows this thread discusses

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Ghost Rider arc was lame.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
This season was just so loving bleak. They're going to have to turn some things around pretty quickly at the beginning of the next season.

Edit: forgot what thread I was in. Deleted out things. Sorry.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Are people just not aware that Blaze isn't the only Ghost Rider or something? Honestly I like Reyes a lot, especially in AoS. I wonder how people would've reacted if they gave him the skull he has in the comics though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MrJacobs posted:

Then I will have to check it out. Which season was it?

Don't come in expecting Blaze to come rocketing in as the cavalry. If you don't mind spoilers since you're trying to figure out if you want to watch it: When Reyes gets his car flipped by gangsters and is dying, Johnny is shown from the knees down pulling up on his bike and getting off to offer him a piece of the Spirit of Vengeance. Robbie characterizes it for a Faustian bargain before that's revealed, but from the way he's dressed, it's very clearly Blaze.

AoS is really good and I can't believe in a thread for the lukewarm hit or miss mess of most Marvel Netflix people are dissing it. :rolleye:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Blah blah blah blah Ghost Rider can't drive a car blah blah blah you can't ride a car blah blah.

You doofs. The Ghost is RIDING the human host.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's not even a ghost.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

It's not even a ghost.

Robbie's is the soul of a dead man ergo GHOST.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's only a ghost if it's a wandering soul.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Rhyno posted:

Blah blah blah blah Ghost Rider can't drive a car blah blah blah you can't ride a car blah blah.

You doofs. The Ghost is RIDING the human host.

ghosts dont ride people they possess people. he should be called ghost possessor then. god

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soothing Vapors posted:

ghosts dont ride people they possess people. he should be called ghost possessor then. god

Oh I'm sorry may I see your credentials on Ghost behavior expertise?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

C'mon people. Robbie's a dead dude brought back, so he's undead, obviously. He's just driven by a demon "rider" instead of a hunger for blood or brains.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Rhyno posted:

ive seen every episode of Zak Bagans' Ghost Adventures, I think i know what im talking about here. plz elevate yr game

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I've seen a Ghost Rider train in a comic book, and I've seen a Ghost Rider Hoverboard on the Internet, who ya gonna believe?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rhyno posted:

Actually I think you'll find he's inhabiting Reyes so he's Ghost Inhabiter

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Rhyno posted:

The loa "ride" (or possess) people referred to as "horses". Don't see ghosts being all that much different.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but it’s the neighborhood who names him Ghost Rider, and they don’t know his deal.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Samizdata posted:

The loa "ride" (or possess) people referred to as "horses". Don't see ghosts being all that much different.

Marvel’s Horse Rider

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MrJacobs posted:

I know I'm way late on this, but... trukk not munky?

Robbie is cool and I'm glad he's an Avenger now, but I will never stop being mad about the short end of the stick Ketch got. Blaze was good in his book as a Constantine-type.

MrJacobs posted:

The season 1 suit is really cool, but the horns are defining for Daredevil.

True, but if he doesn't have the suit and Gladiator hasn't made him a new one yet...

Arist posted:

AoS is better than most of this shows this thread discusses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
This my favorite somethingawful thread.