Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Conot posted:

Actually Aizawa has stated his quirk straight up doesn't work against "mutant-types", i.e. Froppy, so presumably Ojiro's tail wouldn't go limp at all.

That said, part of being a pro is being able to deal even though your quirk isn't an ideal match up, so...

Actually no. Aizawa shuts down any active components of a quirk. Ojiro would not be able to move his tail and Tsuyu would not be able to jump good. But their mutant features would not go away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
"My magic anime powers beat your magic anime powers!"
"Nuh-uh, I have a magic anime power that cancels out magic anime powers!"
"Well, I have a super power that cancels out cancelling powers!"
"You do not!"
"Do too!"

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

He’s right though.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Deku... :smith:

I haven't felt my eyes water like that in a while

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually no. Aizawa shuts down any active components of a quirk. Ojiro would not be able to move his tail and Tsuyu would not be able to jump good. But their mutant features would not go away.

"Are you gonna erase the Quirks of heteromorphic-types like us, too?" - Four armed villain attacking with all four arms as Aizawa looks at them

"No, I can't" - Aizawa

Straight from Episode 10 during the USJ incident.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Can Aizawa turn off the invisible girl's power despite not being able to see her?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Starsnostars posted:

Can Aizawa turn off the invisible girl's power despite not being able to see her?
Hagekure's invisibility is a heteromorphic trait. Her actual quirk hasn't been shown yet.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And so begins my favorite arc in the series.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Terper posted:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Conot posted:

"Are you gonna erase the Quirks of heteromorphic-types like us, too?" - Four armed villain attacking with all four arms as Aizawa looks at them

"No, I can't" - Aizawa

Straight from Episode 10 during the USJ incident.

Well yeah he is still made of Rock and would still have four arms. But if he has any active components to his quirk then they would vanish.

It was informed this is how it worked in supplementary material released in the third volume. (When that fight happened.)

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Terper posted:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this is probably the best arc in the series so far, the climax of it is intense and amazing

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I haven't read the manga, but I love basically everything the second half of the episode set up. Iida get ready to call Deku out on his short-sightedness and Kirishima getting some real focus both sound rad as gently caress.

Also does anyone care to place bets on the identity of the traitor? I'm going to dream big and say it's the Principal.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 19, 2018

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love
The real traitor is the friends we made along the way.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm a big fan of Toga's wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube run.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also does anyone care to place bets on the identity of the traitor? I'm going to dream big and say it's the Principal.

I figure that unless something went wrong in the attack for the traitor, it's one of the thirteen or fifteen or however many students it was who were uninjured. I highly doubt any of the pro heroes/teachers would want this, unless his or her motive is extremely subtle yet can still make sense.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The urge... to mouse over... is too strong!

e: I feel better now.

Anyway, Kirishima's dubbed VO really shined in this episode. You can hear the desperate raspyness in his voice at the beginning of the episode.

I can totally tell where the next few episodes might end up going, however.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 19, 2018

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

I haven't read the manga, but I love basically everything the second half of the episode set up. Iida get ready to call Deku out on his short-sightedness and Kirishima getting some real focus both sound rad as gently caress.

my bet is Mineta. that boy betrayed everyone because he's thirsty for Toga

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Goddamn that was a great episode, gotta feel kind of bad for the student(s) not getting visited at hospital by their classmates.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Ularg posted:

The urge... to mouse over... is too strong!

e: I feel better now.

Anyway, Kirishima's dubbed VO really shined in this episode. You can hear the desperate raspyness in his voice at the beginning of the episode.

I can totally tell where the next few episodes might end up going, however.

I'm not too hot on most dubs including this one but Kirishima's English VA has been absolutely nailing it from the beginning, showing him every inch the big hearted bro without getting ridiculous or overdone. I almost wish I hadn't read the manga because it's torture to wait to hear him do the Yakuza arc and Red Riot Unbreakable.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Hagekure's invisibility is a heteromorphic trait. Her actual quirk hasn't been shown yet.

the gently caress

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
this episode was :tviv:.mkv

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Fabricated posted:

Isn't that just a fan theory?

I mean she even uses her invisibility to refract light in a later arc

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm pretty sure i remember it being mentioned in a character page

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Real question about Aizawa: could he beat Inuyasha/Goku/Superman/Batman/my dad?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

Real question about Aizawa: could he beat Inuyasha/Goku/Superman/Batman/my dad?

Yes/no/yes/no/Aizawa is your new dad.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rhonne posted:

Yes/no/yes/no/Aizawa is your new dad.
Presuming that all "special powers" could be erased for the sake of a fight I agree with this assessment

even without ki, Goku's a way better martial artist than Aizawa, and Batman has gadgets

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Mulderman posted:

Isn't that just a fan theory?

I mean she even uses her invisibility to refract light in a later arc

I'm pretty sure the light refraction is the actual power and the invisibility is just a side effect. Hoshikori's statement about her Quirk not being revealed yet was made before the refraction scene.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Presuming that all "special powers" could be erased for the sake of a fight I agree with this assessment

even without ki, Goku's a way better martial artist than Aizawa, and Batman has gadgets

Some versions of Superman might have a chance. Wasn't there a comic where he got boxing lessons from Muhammad Ali so he could fight better against opponents with strength similar to his own?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Silver2195 posted:

I'm pretty sure the light refraction is the actual power and the invisibility is just a side effect. Hoshikori's statement about her Quirk not being revealed yet was made before the refraction scene.
So she would make a great team with laser boy?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Spiritus Nox posted:

Also does anyone care to place bets on the identity of the traitor?
It was Yuuei... they had his wife.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Jackard posted:

It was Yuuei... they had his wife.

It was the only way to break Imperial Conditioning, of course.

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

Spiritus Nox posted:

Anime only here, and I've suspected All Might's cop friend Tsukauchi from the first time he appeared in the show.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

ccubed posted:

Anime only here, and I've suspected All Might's cop friend Tsukauchi from the first time he appeared in the show.
That makes a concerning amount of sense.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ccubed posted:

...Hm.

Shiiiiiit.....

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ccubed posted:

:same:, they’re too conveniently normal.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Have a hard time seeing it as anyone besides All Might himself.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

kater posted:

Have a hard time seeing it as anyone besides All Might himself.

That's not very plus ultra an attitude to have, citizen.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Cmon the league has him fully downloaded, he probably spills secrets buying coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Silver2195 posted:

The invisibility basically has to be a heteromorphic trait and not something she actively maintains, because all quirks have physical limitations. She couldn't be invisible all the time if she had to actively maintain it.