Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Deadpool 2 is worth your money.

Stay for the hysterical mid credits

You're welcome, Canada.

That movie fuckin owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
It was really good. I laughed my rear end off, and I am so badly irony poisoned that most poo poo barely gets a chuckle.

Oh, and I saw the weirdest thing on the way to the theatre. Shiny new bright red GT40 cruising down Highway 5 in the middle of loving Iowa. Traffic existed or I'd have pics, but what the hell is that doing here?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Liquid Communism posted:

Oh, and I saw the weirdest thing on the way to the theatre. Shiny new bright red GT40 cruising down Highway 5 in the middle of loving Iowa. Traffic existed or I'd have pics, but what the hell is that doing here?

There seems to be an undercurrent in the expensive vehicle market building that follows the philosophy of "cars are meant to be driven". That also is supported by the fact that you now can actually daily them and they will not break down and/or do not require engine or gearbox service every 10k.

Which is most excellent.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I live in a nice, upper-middle suburbia ant hill. Ferraris, Astons, Maseratis are nice, but not uncommon.

But jumping jesus on a pogo stick, this thing pulled in next door and my jaw dropped. I think it was the combination of the car, plus the pearl white popping out of its skin on a sunny day, but man, this thing is crazy.

The owner started it up and my girl went running over to him. He started bouncing it off the rev limiter and the pops from the exhaust were echoing off the houses on the other side of the cul de sac. God drat, what a glorious noise.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I know supercars are small, like this is a thing rolling around in my brain for a while now, but I am always caught off guard whenever I see a picture of one next to a normal car. It feels like it's a 5/8 model of the real thing.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was just thinking that, it looks tiny in that picture but in person they don't seem that small.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
The Viper is the worst offender, something about its shape makes it look huge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I was just thinking that, it looks tiny in that picture but in person they don't seem that small.

I think it's just the low roof line, very deceptive.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Making some pickled eggs right now. Never done it before but I've got a lot of eggs to use up and a few gallon pickle jars so :shrug:. Can't be that hard - salt, vinegar, water, and garlic/onions. Hopefully I don't gently caress it up.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Making some pickled eggs right now. Never done it before but I've got a lot of eggs to use up and a few gallon pickle jars so :shrug:. Can't be that hard - salt, vinegar, water, and garlic/onions. Hopefully I don't gently caress it up.
I love throwing eggs in the big 64oz jalapeno slices jar from sams club. Only $3.50 for that giant thing and they are hot!

https://samsclub.com/ip/mm-sliced-jalapenos-64-oz/prod20960403

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Your link is cut short.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-sliced-jalapenos-64-oz/prod20960403.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just, like, throwing the hard boiled egg into the jalapeno juice?

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Just, like, throwing the hard boiled egg into the jalapeno juice?

I also would like more info on this

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Oops, thanks. On phone but it worked for me.

And yeah just hard boil an egg, peel it and throw it in. Takes maybe a week to soak in?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Black magic!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Pork rinds are also delicious.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

McTinkerson posted:

There seems to be an undercurrent in the expensive vehicle market building that follows the philosophy of "cars are meant to be driven". That also is supported by the fact that you now can actually daily them and they will not break down and/or do not require engine or gearbox service every 10k.

Which is most excellent.

I'm more wondering who lives out here that can afford one. Most of the big farmers are rich on paper but it's all tied up in equipment and land.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cage posted:

Oops, thanks. On phone but it worked for me.

And yeah just hard boil an egg, peel it and throw it in. Takes maybe a week to soak in?

I do that with pickled beets, throw the eggs in until they turn dark pink and they're ready, good poo poo.

[e] so my wife is making beef and noodles and found buckshot in the sirloin she was using.....what the gently caress

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 21, 2018

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Eggs pickled with beets are great.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I do that with pickled beets, throw the eggs in until they turn dark pink and they're ready, good poo poo.

[e] so my wife is making beef and noodles and found buckshot in the sirloin she was using.....what the gently caress

I wonder what the scenario is there, like someone was shooting pests (or yanno just shooting as one does on a ranch), stray pellet hits cow, can't get it out, wound heals, lead for dinner? Cow gets injured, broken legs or whatever, we gotta mercy kill this one get the shotgun?

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
I hate dealing with delayed flights. We got delayed 3 hours on our way to Atlanta from Orlando and delayed 2.5 hours going back home today because of storms.

weather SUCKS! i HATE weather.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's protein.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

so my wife is making beef and noodles and found buckshot in the sirloin she was using.....what the gently caress

loving grocery stores, padding the weight of the meat with lead.

I've got a couple small pot roasts going right now, myself.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

That's protein iron.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

NumbersMatching320 posted:

I wonder what the scenario is there, like someone was shooting pests (or yanno just shooting as one does on a ranch), stray pellet hits cow, can't get it out, wound heals, lead for dinner? Cow gets injured, broken legs or whatever, we gotta mercy kill this one get the shotgun?

Mercy kills are usually done with a captive bolt gun (free bolt variety) and usually get ground up for pet food. Also avoids the potential of disease spread, which is why you dont (and in most countries it's in fact not legal) use a shotgun for animals for human consumption

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captive_bolt_pistol

It's most likely stray pellet, and also most likely from a farmer shooting wild dogs or vermin that are looking to take a calf.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Deadpool2 was good and fun go see it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

loving grocery stores, padding the weight of the meat with lead.

She found two pellets about 1/4 of the way through cutting it up.

Then she took it back to Publix and they said it has never happened before.

Should I get a lottery ticket, or not leave the house for the next 24 hours? :v:

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Maybe because I’m a TN boy and used to not biting down on anything hard in venison and such but what’s the big deal? Admittedly it’s a little strange it was from Publix mass produced meat but just someone shooting a coyote or something near I wouldn’t worry about it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I wasn't worried about it, but rather than pick through it my wife just went across the street and took it back. They gave her the money back and told her to pick out another one for free. Publix is good like that, we take poo poo back all the time, no point in biting down on a loving BB if i don't have to.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm more wondering who lives out here that can afford one. Most of the big farmers are rich on paper but it's all tied up in equipment and land.

John Deere dealer.

Also, all farmers claim to be poor or claim they at least aren't that liquid. These days, it is mostly bullshit false modesty. They still probably won't buy a Ford GT because they'll be judged (unless they're wealthy enough to have a second house somewhere where they can have that). A king ranch and a classic car is more that style.
Source: Know a lot of "poor" farmers, some of whom own airplanes with multiple engines.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Everyone in America is middle class. Just ask them.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Solid day of PUBG, 3 Dinners today.
https://clips.twitch.tv/TiredGleamingHummingbirdDeIlluminati

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Where do you turn your vouchers in for the chicken dinners?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

I've been on a pickling binge of late because I don't have much else besides simple poo poo to eat and it's getting boring. I've made do chua (pickled daikon and carrot) and pickled red cabbage (threw some left over daikon in there as well as bay leaves and peppercorns). I last went shopping 2 weeks ago and bought the cabbage for a greek yogurt and also a vinegrette slaw. Used the tops for the slaws and kept the bases/stemmier parts for pickling. Bought the daikon radish to use use up the old carrots for do chua because it's been a long long while since I've had bahn mi. I'm not a huge egg fan but life would be simpler if I was just due to all the asian egg based meals.
Did some hummus and falafels too. On thurs I'll have money again for brake rotors and other stuff. In the meantime, got to do whatever. E: some day old fridge rice with soy sauce and the pickled cabbage on lettuce leaves was pretty good.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 21, 2018

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

nm posted:

John Deere dealer.

Also, all farmers claim to be poor or claim they at least aren't that liquid. These days, it is mostly bullshit false modesty. They still probably won't buy a Ford GT because they'll be judged (unless they're wealthy enough to have a second house somewhere where they can have that). A king ranch and a classic car is more that style.
Source: Know a lot of "poor" farmers, some of whom own airplanes with multiple engines.
This time of year is great for the inside guys at my office to lose their poo poo. We always have some come in and freak the gently caress out at the price of a $50 bearing or hydraulic assembly that's literally keeping their farm equipment functioning, and should probably be closer to $90 (they seem to think it should be $5 to have someone size it up, properly identify it and supply it), but they buy it anyhow and go to the parking lot to their brand new 2018 turbo diesel loaded to the nuts "work truck" ... likely with the box full of Costco crap and probably towing a trailer with 2 new ATVs.

I remember back in the day when I used to be on call (after hours emergency service). I had one and :argh: that I would dare charge him $25 to stop what I was doing, come to the other end of town and open the store for him on a Sunday evening. So I ended up hanging up on him. He kept calling back begging saying he was sorry.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lmao annoying lady next to me at work insists that boiling chicken is the only way she knows how to cook chicken :wtf:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao annoying lady next to me at work insists that boiling chicken is the only way she knows how to cook chicken :wtf:

No loving way

dang

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

BraveUlysses posted:

Good lord, I didn't think there was a way to make chicken worse

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I love this channel. I have no idea what it's about, but it's awesome. Watch all of the videos they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scTn8tFcAS8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv-AoVoaYQM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLIP2yMHfPM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I have a nice little month long break between schoolin where I'll just be workin and battling the MR2. Any good fitness apps? I'm planning on hitting some gym and possibly, dare I say it, venturing OUT OF AI to the Fitness Log Cabin!

Anyone wanna be my online workout buddy? You get a chance to berate the poo poo out of me!

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 21, 2018

• Locked thread