Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
So it’s audioshielf [same guys who made ahudiosurf] but with lightsabers and still somehow lame.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Which platform? Let's do a GiP squad

win10 only so it can gently caress off the edge of my diiiick

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
lol at continuing to get all salty about windows 10 in 2018 :allears:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I just had an update in windows 10 where they reset all of my privacy settings and turned on bing search bar

it still sucks op

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Win 10 is fine but windows store and Xbox app are 100% pure poo poo

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 07:20 on May 19, 2018

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

I booted up Mass Effect 1 for the first time in years, largely because I'm stuck using my old laptop that can't run anything this side of Windows 7.

Holy moly.

I'd forgotten how much more intelligent the game is than any of its sequels. Mass Effect 2 was slick and polished and had some great character interaction, but its gunplay was generic cover shooter, and the space battles in 2 and 3 were all done at super close range for the cameras.

ME1 had a no-poo poo encyclopedia of "how physics works" to back up its world. Active and passive sensors, lightspeed propagation delay messing with situational awareness of ship locations, space battles being slugfests until somebody's point defenses overheated etc etc.

This only makes me more bitter about Andromeda.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ME1 had a certain charm and cool sense of exploration the others didn’t. It didn’t age too well though imo and the gunplay changes in 2 were welcome

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

1-3 was pure visceral satisfaction from being a (demigod) wrecking ball made of nothing but rage and violence. Between the whole Laconism and ganking his first family while in the process of selling his soul it does kinda cover why Kratos is completely detached. The poo poo with Pandora in 3 showed him reluctantly, unwillingly regaining a little bit of a gently caress to give and then having it completely snatched away, fueling the insane murder ball for the climactic end.

His (second) wife and kid are a completely new thing, part of the necessary evolution of character both with Kratos himself and the series as a whole in order to avoid the Call of Duty same-poo poo-different-day rehash churn.

Ok that makes a bit more sense, thanks! I tried 3 or whatever remaster on PS4 but turned it off after about 15 mins. I also have whatever versions on my vita but lol if I’ll ever get around to those

How does it start out again? The gods gently caress him and his soldiers over in some battle or some poo poo so then he just goes on some gently caress all gods I’m gonna kill them all rampage? Thought I remember reading something like that years ago. I never had a PS3 so I missed all that

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 19, 2018

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

lol at continuing to get all salty about windows 10 in 2018 :allears:

pretend i took the time to find that cute lil i dont like thing comic you use to post all the time and insert it here

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I mean I’m not gonna do janky fixes to keep windows 7 or w/e going but to be fair windows and its updates have been atrociously bad the last year or two. I’m seriously thinking of switching to mac completely.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
ME1 is one of my all time favorite games. I think it aged fine, the combat was fun though the side planets could be generic and boring.

Exploring ruined cities a thousands of years old dead civilization was cool as gently caress. Especially Feros I think which had fighting between geth and colonists and you could see sporadic fire coming from skyscrapers in the distance.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Apple products are awful why would you do that to yourself

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mustang posted:

Apple products are awful why would you do that to yourself

I've got a 2009 MacBook pro I use daily still

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

because while I enjoy my surface and the concept it’s a janky piece of poo poo with no battery life

I literally still cannot update it as it just shoots back an error when it tries to automatically install this one specific update. I’m hoping a proper wipe and such fixes it but I’ve been too lazy to even get around to that. Trust me I thought all the windows 8 hate was overblown aside from them really wanting it to be like the windows phone with tiles and poo poo but things have only rapidly gotten worse and worse

The handoff feature is also another selling point. But yeah, just wish macs weren’t so stupidly overpriced

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I mean I’m not gonna do janky fixes to keep windows 7 or w/e going but to be fair windows and its updates have been atrociously bad the last year or two. I’m seriously thinking of switching to mac completely.

lol you are literally retarded. this is the tech equiv of voting for trump because bernie didn't win the primary

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Is the Bernie Sanders of Operating systems the new hip hop

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

what in the world

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

macs got way worse in the last couple of years otherwise i'd be right there with you

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Is that mostly because of the port debacle? Or we talking OS too?

Didn’t Apple backpedal on a lot of the lack of ports poo poo or nah

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Is that mostly because of the port debacle? Or we talking OS too?

Didn’t Apple backpedal on a lot of the lack of ports poo poo or nah

in their effort to shave micromillimeters off the laptop size they started shipping them with garbage keyboards that fail permanently if a speck of dust manages to get underneath a key and the only model with dedicated video costs $2400. the video chip is complete trash on par with an Nvidia GT 1030 (entry level PC laptops almost universally come with at least a 1050)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

gently caress maybe I’ll just find an old MacBook Air

I got an ex one years back. It was pretty nice

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i am tempted to get a macbook pro 2015, which was the last model before apple lost their minds

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

My MacBook Air from 2013 owns bones. SSD, i5 and maxed out RAM at the time made it expensive af at the time.

But 5 years on its rock solid, and still as quick as the day I bought it.

Shithouse for games though, which is why I ended up buying a PC.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fallom posted:

in their effort to shave micromillimeters off the laptop size they started shipping them with garbage keyboards that fail permanently if a speck of dust manages to get underneath a key and the only model with dedicated video costs $2400. the video chip is complete trash on par with an Nvidia GT 1030 (entry level PC laptops almost universally come with at least a 1050)

My girlfriend just went through the hassle of getting her keyboard replaced. gently caress that noise

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Lol I bet they void your warranty if you try to fix it yourself

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I got an iPad Pro for photo editing. I still can’t believe how much faster it is at handling 45-50 mb raw files versus an i5 quad core/gtx 1080 desktop.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

I got an iPad Pro for photo editing. I still can’t believe how much faster it is at handling 45-50 mb raw files versus an i5 quad core/gtx 1080 desktop.

Did you get the keyboard or whatever surface-esque poo poo they have now?

I’ve considered going that route but honestly the main thing I love about the surface making it hard to get away is the dock. I plug in one cable and I have multiple USB ports, LAN, and screen mirroring to my gently caress off huge 34” monitor.

I’m pretty out of touch with Apple poo poo outside of the phones. I won’t be gaming on it so I don’t care about all that

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No keyboard; Apple pen, which is very useful. I have a low-specced XPS 13 for school.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The new God of War is definitely not the old God of Wars.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Could I get an invite to the discord again because I'm a loving retard, broke my phone that had 2FA on it for discord, and didn't have backup codes. Had to get them to delete my account and then wait a month until I could use the same email again.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
PM sent

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mike-o posted:

Could I get an invite to the discord again because I'm a loving retard, broke my phone that had 2FA on it for discord, and didn't have backup codes. Had to get them to delete my account and then wait a month until I could use the same email again.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
WEEAABOO WEEAABOOO

i regret nothing

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I waited months to post that

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
It's true, can confirm

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I was bored as poo poo so I bought Stardew Valley and welp, farm is life now.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
God of War is hilarious once Atreus starts talking poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

that voice actor deserves an award

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

ElMaligno posted:

I waited months to post that

mods change my name posted:

It's true, can confirm

ebb i'll completely understand if i get the shame cube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Playing Hyrule Warriors again but this time on my Switch. I know I should dislike the shallow repetitive gameplay but I don't. I have lots of fun killing thousands of super weak enemies with my overpowered combos over and over again.