Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao annoying lady next to me at work insists that boiling chicken is the only way she knows how to cook chicken :wtf:

Imagine going to her house for dinner. Imagine what other creative ways she has for making food inedible... This is her life. How sad is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Imagine going to her house for dinner. Imagine what other creative ways she has for making food inedible... This is her life. How sad is that?

Im sure its the least annoying thing about her

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

I have a nice little month long break between schoolin where I'll just be workin and battling the MR2. Any good fitness apps? I'm planning on hitting some gym and possibly, dare I say it, venturing OUT OF AI to the Fitness Log Cabin!

Anyone wanna be my online workout buddy? You get a chance to berate the poo poo out of me!

What's your end goal? I use MyFitnessPal for calorie tracking and I'm doing the Stronglifts 5x5 weight program currently.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Adiabatic posted:

I have a nice little month long break between schoolin where I'll just be workin and battling the MR2. Any good fitness apps? I'm planning on hitting some gym and possibly, dare I say it, venturing OUT OF AI to the Fitness Log Cabin!

Anyone wanna be my online workout buddy? You get a chance to berate the poo poo out of me!

gently caress that poo poo, it's summer. Get a mountain bike and go outside. Thank me later. I will be your strava bro.

already started the berating :v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

slidebite posted:

This time of year is great for the inside guys at my office to lose their poo poo. We always have some come in and freak the gently caress out at the price of a $50 bearing or hydraulic assembly that's literally keeping their farm equipment functioning, and should probably be closer to $90 (they seem to think it should be $5 to have someone size it up, properly identify it and supply it), but they buy it anyhow and go to the parking lot to their brand new 2018 turbo diesel loaded to the nuts "work truck" ... likely with the box full of Costco crap and probably towing a trailer with 2 new ATVs.

I remember back in the day when I used to be on call (after hours emergency service). I had one and :argh: that I would dare charge him $25 to stop what I was doing, come to the other end of town and open the store for him on a Sunday evening. So I ended up hanging up on him. He kept calling back begging saying he was sorry.
The terms "line stop" and "aircraft on ground" are often quite good at silencing such whinging.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BraveUlysses posted:

lmao annoying lady next to me at work insists that boiling chicken is the only way she knows how to cook chicken :wtf:

is she british haha

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BraveUlysses posted:

Just like mom used to make :allears:

tell me your coworker also only cooks breast meat and doesn't salt the water, my nostalgia is overflowing

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Enourmo posted:

Just like mom used to make :allears:

tell me your coworker also only cooks breast meat and doesn't salt the water, my nostalgia is overflowing

i'm not asking any more questions because then i have to hear her talk :v:

but she poo poo'd my suggestion that a $5 costco rotisserie chicken was better than a boiled chicken so i'm gonna leave it at that

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Adiabatic posted:

Where do you turn your vouchers in for the chicken dinners?

You can sell them on the steam marketplace. I've made over $3.50 so far

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Riding to school today, one of the morning class students pulling out of the parking lot creamed me while I was on my bicycle. Bent the handlebars up really good. I was going the correct way, in a bike lane. Typical "they stopped, looked right at me, and continued."

I got a gash in my arm and pressed charges for a hit and run, but when the found the driver she reported that she stopped and got out of the vehicle, but took me stumbling away doubled over as a "no, I don't want help" so she got in and left. Officer is telling me that they can't count it as a hit and run anymore because of that, her word vs mine. I'm filing to get the driver's information, because the legally required minimum (even if no help is requested) is an exchange of Name, Address, and License Number according to AZ code, and that wasn't done.

gently caress this earth, people are awful.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

You haven't lived until you've been served a Safeway rotisserie chicken thrown in the oven immediately after purchase to remove any pretense of moisture it ever had with a side of undercooked plain rice penne, no sauce, no salt, not even a dab of margarine.

I hadn't eaten for a few days at that point cause I was going through some poo poo, but even so I'm not quite sure why or how I went back for seconds.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

NumbersMatching320 posted:

You haven't lived until you've been served a Safeway rotisserie chicken thrown in the oven immediately after purchase to remove any pretense of moisture it ever had with a side of undercooked plain rice penne, no sauce, no salt, not even a dab of margarine.

I hadn't eaten for a few days at that point cause I was going through some poo poo, but even so I'm not quite sure why or how I went back for seconds.

My biological mother is the worst cook I know.

She used to live down the road from an AMAZING butcher, who sold chicken breasts pre seasoned. They were great. Huge, seasoned perfectly. The best was garlic butter. Slathered in garlic and butter, salt, pepper...all you had to do was toss it in a skillet with some oil or on the grill.

So she of course put them in a skillet, added a cup of water, put the heat to medium, and then put the lid on and cooked them for an hour.

My little sister to this day won't eat chicken breast. I will only if I can see how it was cooked, or my wife made it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Riding to school today, one of the morning class students pulling out of the parking lot creamed me while I was on my bicycle. Bent the handlebars up really good. I was going the correct way, in a bike lane. Typical "they stopped, looked right at me, and continued."

I got a gash in my arm and pressed charges for a hit and run, but when the found the driver she reported that she stopped and got out of the vehicle, but took me stumbling away doubled over as a "no, I don't want help" so she got in and left. Officer is telling me that they can't count it as a hit and run anymore because of that, her word vs mine. I'm filing to get the driver's information, because the legally required minimum (even if no help is requested) is an exchange of Name, Address, and License Number according to AZ code, and that wasn't done.

gently caress this earth, people are awful.

Cop is full of poo poo. Nail her to the wall (figurative speaking.)

iwentdoodie posted:

My biological mother is the worst cook I know.

She used to live down the road from an AMAZING butcher, who sold chicken breasts pre seasoned. They were great. Huge, seasoned perfectly. The best was garlic butter. Slathered in garlic and butter, salt, pepper...all you had to do was toss it in a skillet with some oil or on the grill.

So she of course put them in a skillet, added a cup of water, put the heat to medium, and then put the lid on and cooked them for an hour.

My little sister to this day won't eat chicken breast. I will only if I can see how it was cooked, or my wife made it.

How...? I mean, I'm no great cook, but I actually *like* food, so I figured out how not to gently caress up food, at least.
It pains me when my wife or daughter put Heinz 57 on the steaks I grill, while claiming to like steak. I tell them that they most certainly do not like steak if they're putting Heinz 57 on it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Darchangel posted:

Cop is full of poo poo. Nail her to the wall (figurative speaking.)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I was thinking about going to a hospital (still have insurance until the end of the month) to get something on record, and then talk to the insurance, giving them the police report number and the other person's information to see if it can be done that way.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bike is totaled. Every part of it is twisted

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I was thinking about going to a hospital (still have insurance until the end of the month) to get something on record, and then talk to the insurance, giving them the police report number and the other person's information to see if it can be done that way.

Do whatever it is to take care of yourself and ignore the officer. He doesn't know what he is talking about. Or, more likely, he feels bad for the student and is on her side because of that.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
drat. :(

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I just don't have time to go to small claims court with this class schedule. And I cannot miss any class, period, for something like a court day (and class is M-F). Does anybody know if I should get her info from the report and file a claim with her insurance? I wasn't driving so I don't know if I can (or even want to) go through mine.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I would say yes, absolutely file a claim against her insurance. The only problem is going to be proving liability.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

IOwnCalculus posted:

I would say yes, absolutely file a claim against her insurance.

As long as there's an accident report, the insurance company will interview both sides and make a decision. It doesn't have to go to small claims court, just a couple well-placed phone calls.

Speaking of: I'm on the motherfucking warpath right now with some poo poo that went down here. I told my wife I was going to make some noise and started pounding on some eardrums. My favorite was a call to a secretary for Mr. "x," and I asked her if he was still involved with "y" corporation. Her reply of "well, he's the ambassador to Czechoslovakia right now" made me giggle and I knew I was going deep. :v:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
She was cited with a failure to yield, but not a H&R, so it's not a criminal case. I guess I need to wait for the police report to become available and then obtain a copy of it. Then I can use that to get her information and insurance company, then file a claim with them directly? Life sucks, this is stupid. Entire stupid bike is stupid twisted

If you look you can see the entire down tube has a bow to it, bowing out to the left

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Dude she was cited HELL YES INSURABCE UP I HAVE HAD COPS TELL ME NOT BOTHER WITH A REPORT AND I DID ANYWAY AND IT ENDED UP CERY WELL FOR ME. I love cops but you need insurance on this girls rear end no reason you have to small claims it. Please follow up. (My phone lags on sa I am not mentally ill I can spell)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah, it's just waiting for the report to become available that's dumb. I have literally no idea who she is but the cops got her so I'm hoping that information will be on there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Since she lied you need to do everything you can to gently caress her over.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
This is why i ride with a camera always.

I had to take the driver who hit me two years ago to court to small claims court, it was a pain in the dick.

Also, file a complaint against the officer regarding the H&R. Unlike a brutality complaint or the like, this is a general incompetence issue that should be proven by the officer's own paperwork. There are elements to the crime, and if he doesn't know them, he, at minimum , needs some retraining. This is the type of this a department might actually do something about. Maybe.

nm fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 22, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's a their word vs mine issue at this point, though. No witnesses, outside of camera view. I say she didn't stop (or, at the least, didn't get out) but I was stumbling away dazed as poo poo. I mean, I locked the bike up at the rack and didn't actually get the lock around the rack itself, just basically put the lock on the tire. She says she got out and asked if I needed help but I continued walking, so she left.

I will definitely see this person again, as we go to the same small private school, but I don't know what her face even looks like because, you know, she never got out.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Is she also going for nursing? Because if so, that's really, really unacceptable behavior and should be punished. (It's unacceptable either way, but.)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

RIP your bike, also how the gently caress could she not see you coming there.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

everdave posted:

Dude she was cited HELL YES INSURABCE UP I HAVE HAD COPS TELL ME NOT BOTHER WITH A REPORT AND I DID ANYWAY AND IT ENDED UP CERY WELL FOR ME. I love cops but you need insurance on this girls rear end no reason you have to small claims it. Please follow up. (My phone lags on sa I am not mentally ill I can spell)

Insurance up for sure.

But also ACAB.

climbed into the attic tonight to reconnect a duct that the previous occupants had disconnected. Came back down, no power to our bedroom. I didn't touch a single wire, so I was very confused.

Five or six trips up and down (using harbor freight scaffold with two five gallon buckets stacked on top of each other to get high enough) and I find five loving wire nuts holding the wiring for the room together inside the insulation, that I must have disturbed.

Twist on them and hear the wife yell that it's back on.

I am so loving itchy.

Edit also this loving bolts caps game is great but my heart hurts and I smell toast

iwentdoodie fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 22, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Whats acab

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

It's a yellow thing that takes you places :v:

But also All Cops Are Bastards.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ah.

This all sucks because a new bike is like $200 which is j7uuuuuuust low enough that it's almost not worth my time but I'm unemployed so it's definitely worth my time. But I need transport NOW not sox months from now when/if I beat her insurance into submission but also I don't have the cash so it would be on a credit card for a few weeks, which is against policy but again a bicycle has been a huge motivator mood-wise (can exercise daily without killing my knees running) and means I cam go to the store without dragging the car out and in less than two hours walking.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Oh poo poo, I missed your 'I got hit' post while typing my 'I had to eat dry chicken one time'.

Do the gently caress out of this.

Maybe just get on a Craigslist beater bike til the insurance comes in? lovely bike>no bike.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Turns out I don't have insurance anymore! Ended the day employment ended, not at the end of the month, because its AMERICA and also an in-hospital insurance thing. Work at the hospital, get seen while working type thing.

I don't have the $1200 for an x-ray, so we'll see how the next 24 hours plays out. Already had to pony up $120 for the initial "you signed your name" ER fee.

loving love this godforsaken country. Now I get to play the "is the headache from the accident, or because I started HRT today?"-game.

On the plus side, the surgiglue the paramedic student had on hand (not issued - he's just a ricky rescue type who was in class and came out when he saw the cop cars) is holding up well. That's all missing tissue, not blood drops.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 22, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's pretty depressing.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Powershift posted:

:911:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Powershift posted:

+1

How the hell did that cop not rule that a hit and run. If she has none of your info and you have none of hers how is that not enough evidence to rule it a H&R.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Uhh, like IWD said, ACAB?

Like, a person in my group at school IS a cop. I mean, technically he just retired (he's not old, only 36, took an early retirement) to become a nurse, but just a few weeks ago. Even HE brought up the Mesa codified laws page and showed that a H&R is when someone is involved in an accident and doesn't give the other person their name and address and license plate number. Nothing else is required by law, but that's the minimum. Same thing as was said above, though: probably took pity on the student and also in a war of cars vs bicycles, cars usually win because cyclists are almost always assholes. You've heard of stories where a driver murders a cyclist, and as long as the driver is doe-eyed they get off with, at most, a fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Contact the seargent at the local pd tomorrow. Everybody has a boss.

• Locked thread