Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RE7 is coming to Switch but it’s a “cloud” version, presumably streaming to the console like PS Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sklIk3HqMEs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i love buying limited time access to stream my favorite capcom games, lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
they figured out how to make a switch port that isnt portable

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i bought you tickets for marvel capcom infinite!! six whole months! w..whats wrong?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

i bought you tickets for marvel capcom infinite!! six whole months! w..whats wrong?
lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

they figured out how to make a switch port that isnt portable

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

the real funny thing is that every company will do that in 5 years or less

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

RE7 is coming to Switch but it’s a “cloud” version, presumably streaming to the console like PS Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sklIk3HqMEs

Bwuh?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

20 bucks for 6 months of access to a streaming version of RE7....capcom are truly fucktarded.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Plutonis posted:

the real funny thing is that every company will do that in 5 years or less

not nintendo motherfucker.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Linkle is basically Bayonetta but made by Nintendo and instead of demon summons she has cucco.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i hope nintendo owns linkle and not koei so they can just fully replace link with her going forward

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Cobalt Viper posted:

Linkle is basically Bayonetta but made by Nintendo and instead of demon summons she has cucco.

after watching a gameplay video of her I would agree.

It would be cool if platinum worked with Nintendo on a Zelda like they did with square for nier. What was their relationship like after they did starfox? It had so much potential

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Same... backtothaoldme.jpg

i bought the game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

after watching a gameplay video of her I would agree.

It would be cool if platinum worked with Nintendo on a Zelda like they did with square for nier. What was their relationship like after they did starfox? It had so much potential

Bayo 3 got announced as a Switch exclusive after star fox so it's not like they're on the outs with Nintendo or anything now.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This game is completely insane. All the different rules for the adventure maps are ridiculous and there are so many characters now... I unlocked marin with a level 1 Zelda and she kicks rear end. As does Linkle

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

yeah basically a good single player smash brothers

It’s called Kirby

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

forget Smash Bros musou I just want Kirby musou

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Hey uncle were you saying before you had the wii optical drive emulator? How well did that work?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Elusif posted:

Hey uncle were you saying before you had the wii optical drive emulator? How well did that work?

Yeah i had I because at the time the hacking community said there was literally never going to be a way to play gamecube isos off of an external hard drive because gamecube mode disabled the USB port. So I bought an optical drive emulator just for gamecube games.

It did the job fine, though the menu selection screen was hilarious in its bootlegness. Some sunny sky and clouds in the background with that famous font that's always used in Chinese instruction manuals. If you really want to buy one I think it was called SunDrive or something like that. But honestly I can't see any reason to use one instead of a USB drive now

Funny side story I get my work log daily on a Panasonic Toughbook when I go out into the field (also so I can locate pipes and stuff underground before I dig) and I once put in my USB drive to save something and the computer went loving nuts. Norton flagged the Wii optical drive emulator software as a virus (I forgot i even had it on my thumb drive from years earlier) and I had to explain to the IT people downtown what a wii optical drive emulator was lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nintendont is some drat win, I still can't believe you can actually play Gamecube games on the Wii U gamepad

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Nintendont is some drat win, I still can't believe you can actually play Gamecube games on the Wii U gamepad

It never ceases to amaze me that the Wii U is perfectly capable of playing gamecube games. It's just that they didn't use an optical drive that can accept the small discs. I mean I know a wii u has a wii in it and a wii has a gamecube in it but come on

Someone said that you don't even have to use separate hard drives for gamecube and wii u games any more. I gotta figure out how to do that.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Just set it into Wii mode and put the gamecube disc in dude. Works like a charm. Dont look this up just go try it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I kind of want to re-buy Hyrule Warriors, but I'm barely going to finish Tropical Freeze before my kid is born and I suddenly have no time for video games

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I kind of want to re-buy Hyrule Warriors, but I'm barely going to finish Tropical Freeze before my kid is born and I suddenly have no time for video games

Congrats on beating Tropical Freeze

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lol

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

forget Smash Bros musou I just want Kirby musou

I want... Advance Wars musou

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
https://twitter.com/joeteach/status/998103052597919745

Nice take on the broken hinge DS Lite -> GBA conversion. The light is a bit much, but hey. I have an old broken DS lite boxed away that I've wanted to try this on

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

where the speakers

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

where the speakers

https://twitter.com/joeteach/status/998169918309896192

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
yeah you wire one up and stick it there, the DS slot, or machine your own speaker grille if you want to get extra fancy

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

some motherfcker stole my package of hyrule warriors so i wont get it until wednesday or thursday and ive got a rainy day off. back to zelda i guess

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

some motherfcker stole my package of hyrule warriors so i wont get it until wednesday or thursday and ive got a rainy day off. back to zelda i guess

Stealing someone’s Nintendo game is a capital offense imo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

that sucks man, goondolences

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Stealing someone’s Nintendo game is a capital offense imo

Europe never really recovered from the grand Splatoon theft of 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

I will find the thief and cut him down -- he will be no match for my Level 50 Ganondorf.