Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ImpAtom posted:

Their original plan was just to make Nu52 Wally black, but they walked that back when doing the "we're REALLY SORRY' apology tour so the original Wally somehow survived and Wally 2 is just a relative of his or something. So there are two Wally Wests who are different people.

It wasn't just making him black. Nu52 Wally was an entirely new character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What's the general way people differentiate the two online?

Very awkwardly.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
They’re beginning to call young Wally “Wallace” in the comics, which is...only sort of incredibly awkward.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

It wasn't just making him black. Nu52 Wally was an entirely new character.

When they originally introduced Nu52 Wally in the interviews they talked about "remaining true to the core of the character" and things like that. They obviously intended him to be the new Wally West from here on out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Catching up on a few Brave and The Bold issues and I'm finding it so impressive.
Liam Sharp didn't totally work for me on Rucka's Wonder Woman, but with the whole Celtic thing here, it's perfect. If it's one of his first writing gigs, that's not bad either.
I hope the GL rumor is true even more for him than Morrison.

Also read the last Silencer and at Greg Capullo's influences on Viktor Bogdanovich are SO pronounced.

Not a complaint. The comic looks much better.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 20, 2018

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Rhyno posted:

One of my dudes claims that it was going to be a new Young Justice comic but they didn't want to have two teen teams running at the same time and Teen Titans is still THE teen team at DC so they just went back with Super Sons. SUPPOSEDLY Impulse is on the way.

Having Young Justice might be weird (for them) since they're having the third season of the animated series.

And I think the live action show is just 'Titans.'

So maybe they'll start focusing on other teams.

nofather fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 21, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nofather posted:

Having Young Justice might be weird (for them) since they're having the third season of the animated series.

And I think the live action show is just 'Titans.'

So maybe they'll start focusing on other teams.

Teen Titans Go is probably more well known that any other DC team.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Teen Titans Go is probably more well known that any other DC team.

Hey, the Justice League is well known.... for being bad! :downsrim:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Just got an email advertising my LCS's Batman #50 event.

quote:

You are invited to the wedding of the century.

Heroes for Sale is excited to host Bruce & Selina's wedding reception on Wednesday, 4th July @ 582 Karangahape Rd at 6:30pm. The actual wedding will be held within the pages of Batman #50.

RSVP to this email to confirm your copy and advise if you will be attending the reception. (There will be cake!)

Commemorative edition fridge magnets will be provided to all guests who either attend the event or order the wedding comic,

Kind Regards
Stu, Sue, Jordan & Jake

I'm sure I'll just download it in the crushing solitude of my bedroom, sans-cake, but that's neat.
Fridge magnets!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Pre-solicits dump

New Supergirl run and new adaptable costume. From Marc Andreyko and Kevin Maguire
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-supergirl-returns-with-new-creative-team-and-brand-new-costume

Catwoman redesign from Joelle Jones. Separate elements, free armpits and goggles-less cowl.
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/05/21/exclusive-get-a-sneak-peek-at-catwomans-new-costume

It'd be cool if it was matte like the cover suggests, but, guess not.

Official news and interview on the Super Sons return.
https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/05/get-the-exclusive-scoop-on-adventures-of-the-super.html
Artists are Carlo Barberi and Art Thibert in some sort of dual storyline and it's set pre-MOS CAUSE BENDIS IS KILLING OFF JON!!

New Kelley Jones Batman miniseries, written by Scott Peterson
https://www.newsarama.com/40013-kelley-jones-returns-to-batman-with-kings-of-fear.html

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 21, 2018

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Sign me up for the Jones Batman stuff.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Except for the spidergwen hood I actually kinda like that Supergirl costume

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Personally, I think that costume looks ugly as hell. What really gets me is the cape being on the front and the back. It just looks so sloppy.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

A hoodie like that seems bad for someone that flies.

I'm a fan of it and I'm happy for DC shaking up stuff, I don't like Catwoman's though.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Catwoman redesign is fine; different without being radically different.

Super Girl redesign looks ugly as hell, way too busy, and the hood attached to the weird cape is dumb.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Sinners Sandwich posted:

A hoodie like that seems bad for someone that flies.

I'm a fan of it and I'm happy for DC shaking up stuff, I don't like Catwoman's though.

Probably because Catwoman looks basically the same except she lost the cool goggles and her armpits are showing for no reason

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Catwoman's redesign would be fine if it wasn't worse in every way than the design she currently has.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Teenage Fansub posted:

Pre-solicits dump

New Supergirl run and new adaptable costume. From Marc Andreyko and Kevin Maguire
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-supergirl-returns-with-new-creative-team-and-brand-new-costume

That's a really bad Supergirl costume, the cape is stupid and the colors are dumb. Especially coming on the heels of the Rebirth costume which was good.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

purple death ray posted:

her armpits are showing for no reason

You ever tried doing acrobatics in an enclosed latex suit?

I'm pretty into the slight shift towards practicality (again, matte would have been good!) but her cowl is now very close to Batgirl's. It's hard to tell in those pictures whether the ears have any cat shape to em or are just hard points like the bats.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 21, 2018

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

ImpAtom posted:

When they originally introduced Nu52 Wally in the interviews they talked about "remaining true to the core of the character" and things like that. They obviously intended him to be the new Wally West from here on out.

Which was a great example of how misguided a lot of the New 52 rebooting was. Why did they think a Wally West who had literally nothing in common with the original besides his powers could stick as a replacement? Similar deal with Donna Troy being reintroduced as a villain in the Finches' WW run, though I haven't been keeping up with Titans enough to know how much that's been retconned since.

I like King, but if Booster is written anything like the brain-damaged sociopath he was in the last Batman arc, count me out.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to come up with a defense for that Supergirl suit but yeesh what a mess. I'd rather go back to the N52 crotch shield.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
I could get behind Supergirl wearing leggings and a hoodie as a distaff Conner Kent. Weird incomplete hoodie and pants that change color or maybe she grows new pants when her pants turn into an overcomplicated half-toga half-cape and also she has a loving axe for some goddamn reason? Not so much!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/DocShaner/status/998642354297991169

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Full solicits.
https://www.newsarama.com/40028-dc-comics-august-2018-solicitations.html

Stuff:
Batwoman and Hal Jordan cancelled. Here comes GMo?
Young Animal line (minus Doom Patrol) ends.
Vertigo's Sandman stuff starts
Two Bendis Jinxworld series start/continue (Pearl, Scarlet)
Aquaman/Suicide Squad crossover.
Sideways #7 involves the Seven Soldiers and the Sheeda. Maybe this is the point where Grant Morrison steps in to co-write.

Have this sweet Action Comics cover:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 21, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS ANNUAL #2
written by SCOTT LOBDELL
art by CLAYTON HENRY
cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
The boys are back—Red Hood and Arsenal, together again! Sort of. While Jason Todd is recovering after a brutal beatdown from the man who taught him everything he knows about brutal beatdowns, Roy Harper divides his time between being a nursemaid to his bestie and tracking down the source of tainted drugs that have killed thousands. It isn’t long before the two find themselves in Beijing battling the Sisters of Suzie Su! All this and…the inexplicable fate of Artemis and Bizarro!
ON SALE 08.29.18
$4.99 US | 48 PAGES
FC | RATED T+

Jason and Roy together again.

:allears:

EDIT: Oh and Aztek as a concept really piss me off. The character has gently caress all to do with Aztec mythos and if this is how they're going to use them, they wouldn't have bothered.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 21, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheBigBang_/status/997961848782761990
That GL rumor has to be bang on at this point.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Teenage Fansub posted:

Full solicits.
https://www.newsarama.com/40028-dc-comics-august-2018-solicitations.html

Stuff:
Batwoman and Hal Jordan cancelled. Here comes GMo?
Young Animal line (minus Doom Patrol) ends.
Vertigo's Sandman stuff starts
Two Bendis Jinxworld series start/continue (Pearl, Scarlett)
Aquaman/Suicide Squad crossover.
Sideways #7 involves the Seven Soldiers and the Sheeda. Maybe this is the point where Grant Morrison steps in to co-write.

Have this sweet Action Comics cover:

I'll miss Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. It was a good book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

EDIT: Oh and Aztek as a concept really piss me off. The character has gently caress all to do with Aztec mythos and if this is how they're going to use them, they wouldn't have bothered.

Not actually being derived from Aztec myth is a key part of the character's original background but doing research and finding out backstory before you react would involve you not jerking off Scott Lobdell for 45 seconds.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

To be fair, incorporating more Aztek culture/myth into the character would have probably made her a ton more interesting than she was in Orlando's JLA.

e:

Rhyno posted:

To be fair, it's DarthTittyMouse.

And he has more valid points about South American concerns than most of us, I'd bet. When he's not cooing over over Jason Todd.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 21, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

To be fair, incorporating more Aztek culture/myth into the character would have probably made her a ton more interesting than she was in Orlando's JLA.

To be fair, it's DarthTittyMouse.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Not actually being derived from Aztec myth is a key part of the character's original background but doing research and finding out backstory before you react would involve you not jerking off Scott Lobdell for 45 seconds.

I know about the whole thing with Maggeddon back on Morrison's JL, that doesn't mean I can't criticize the poor research going into his design that unsurprisingly is a classic example of Mayincatec (Aztek's helmet is reminiscent of the way Viracocha -an Incan sun god- is commonly depicted). If anything the fact the original Aztek was raised by a group supposedly representing Quetzalcoatl makes the whole thing even more infuriating since they couldn't be arsed to properly research the cult they were impersonating.

The new Aztek is no better because of course, they couldn't get an actual Mexican woman to take over the mantle and going by the solicits, now they will drag actual Aztec lore in their nonsense.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I kinda like that Supergirl costume. The bigger red flag to me is the writer.

I wasn't hugely into Seven Soldiers, but I think the Sheeda are really neat, I'm a little interested in that Sideways story.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Losing Venditti on the GLC book is a pretty big blow for me. I hope Morrison can bring his A-game to the series. I know "Morrison on Green Lantern" seems like such a surefire concept, but it's been a couple of years since I've been legitimately wowed by the guy, so.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Catching up on a few Brave and The Bold issues and I'm finding it so impressive.
Liam Sharp didn't totally work for me on Rucka's Wonder Woman, but with the whole Celtic thing here, it's perfect. If it's one of his first writing gigs, that's not bad either.
I hope the GL rumor is true even more for him than Morrison.
I'm finding the art on this absolutely mindblowing, but the whole Celtic war story has lost me somewhere along the way. I'm sure it's a real treat for anyone who's as into this mythology as I am into some others, but mostly I'm just looking at all this fanciful narration and going "Ah...yes...?...this thing they're talking about must be.....important?" :shobon:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That(Those) Supergirl costume(s) is(are) horrible.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I can work with Activewear Supergirl if she had some blue accents somewhere. The angled midriff cut is dumb but comics.

The other suit. Yeesh. Both seem like theyre really aping SpiderGwen, too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CapnAndy posted:

I could get behind Supergirl wearing leggings and a hoodie as a distaff Conner Kent. Weird incomplete hoodie and pants that change color or maybe she grows new pants when her pants turn into an overcomplicated half-toga half-cape and also she has a loving axe for some goddamn reason? Not so much!

I like the axe, more super heroes should have axes.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Young Animal ending means more room to buy Not Big 2 I guess.

I’m thinking of jumping on the Joëlle Jones Catwoman.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Jordan7hm posted:

Young Animal ending means more room to buy Not Big 2 I guess.

I’m thinking of jumping on the Joëlle Jones Catwoman.

Woah, wait, what? When was this announced? What's going to happen to Doom Patrol?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Covok posted:

Woah, wait, what? When was this announced? What's going to happen to Doom Patrol?

The post with the cool Superman picture says everything except Doom Patrol is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

When the minis end they aren’t being replaced.

Doom Patrol is continuing but given how often they come out, that’s not exactly a big deal.