Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i feel like he's gotten better in the past few years

now watch this block

https://youtu.be/o9kJHUiTjtY?t=26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I hope Larry Fitzgerald loves catching passes from Rosen and sticks around for a few more years, he is fun to watch.

If Ryan Lindley, John Skelton and Blaine Gabbert couldn't make him retire, Fitz is going to be a Cardinal for life...literally.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I hope Larry Fitzgerald loves catching passes from Rosen and sticks around for a few more years, he is fun to watch.

Fitz is just so drat good. I like his sports science vid showing his range.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Fitz loving owns.

Travels the world. Walks on lava. Catches TDs in clutch time.

Put that man in the HOF.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Things going well for Hackenberg's career. Cant even get a rep in OTA's.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/998947771452403712

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoiling Barton Fink, but you know how at the end the head of the studio is so mad at Barton for producing poo poo that he keeps him employed and just refuses to let him write?

The Jets are doing that to the Hack.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How the gently caress are you going to start McCown over Bridgewater?!?!?

I mean I guess injury and poo poo but Jesus.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Bridgewater hasn't played football in like 2 years and wasn't great before that, he could easily be worse than McCown

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/998958219157532672?s=21

Lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Biased news!!! No problem between bill and Tom!!

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

I would like to say some "trouble in paradise" type of poo poo, but there is nothing going on there except people trying to sensationalize everything in the off season.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

It’s May folks.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

DaStampede posted:

I would like to say some "trouble in paradise" type of poo poo, but there is nothing going on there except people trying to sensationalize everything in the off season.

I think there's something going on there but people are definitely desperately trying to make it a bigger story

Meanwhile, The Bills:

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa...buffalo_bi.html

quote:

Why did Brown ignore the Bills' call? According to the wide receiver, the second that he reached for Buffalo's call, the Steelers called him at another number. He chose to answer Pittsburgh's call. The conversation was unlocked in a video segment produced by the Steelers called, "Antonio Brown's path to Pittsburgh."

quote:

After a brief conversation with Coach Tomlin, the Steelers selected Brown with the 195th pick of the sixth round. The Bills on the other hand passed on Brown at No. 192 for South Dakota State outside linebacker Danny Batten.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
While I do think they're ticked at each other, that's the exact same stock answer Bill has given for people missing/holdouts over the years.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That is also true.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Antonio Brown could have easily been a garbage receiver for the Bills

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It begins...

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/998969913808125952

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:ohdear:

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/998945396067131393

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the mean lunch lady posted:

Antonio Brown could have easily been a garbage receiver for the Bills

He would have murdered EJ Manuel

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

lmao how is he still in the league?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

How much can you battle having your brain literally pulped 3 times in a calendar year? I'm surprised he can still read after those head shots

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

DaStampede posted:

McDaniels stayed because he knows Kraft is bailing on Belichick soon because of Tom Brady. Tom is going to play 25 more years, and Bill thinks he should only play another 15.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I forgot May is the beginning of the season of tweets about people being whisked off into the darkness to never be seen again. That's why the Watson injury was so weird last year. It came out in tweets like it was some OTA 5th string CB injury.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm usually pretty pessimistic about my sports teams, but I'm starting to drink the kool-aide on the Tennessee Titans being a lot better than people are thinking they will be. If Conklin doesn't miss a lot of time recovering from his ACL, this team doesn't have any huge holes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I'm usually pretty pessimistic about my sports teams, but I'm starting to drink the kool-aide on the Tennessee Titans being a lot better than people are thinking they will be. If Conklin doesn't miss a lot of time recovering from his ACL, this team doesn't have any huge holes.
Except at HC, DC, and OC, yeah you're right.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Whoah, top 8 team gonna do well this year? That's a bold take my friend.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

HOT TAKE :supaburn:: The Los Angeles Rams will play a football game this season

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

DariusLikewise posted:

HOT TAKE :supaburn:: The Los Angeles Rams will play a football game this season

:toxx:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
HOLD UP! WE GAVE ALEX SMITH $71 Million Guaranteed! JESUS.

:suicide:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Titans are a top 8 team? lol since when? ?

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

It's cool that Mark Davis hooked Gruden up with his barber.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
How much? 2.2 Billion? Ah ok...do you accept 100s?

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/998989648335695872

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Titans are a top 8 team? lol since when? ?

They were 1 of 8 teams to make the 2018 Divisional Round of the Playoffs. More impressive when you take in consideration that they have a bottom-eight QB.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

why even defer any of it? "Ok I have an offer of 2.275 billion, but I only got 2.2 on me. Cmon you know I'm good for the rest"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A Man and his dog posted:

HOLD UP! WE GAVE ALEX SMITH $71 Million Guaranteed! JESUS.

:suicide:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

thats what you get for

- killing rg3
- loving around with kirk cousins
- being owned by dan snyder
- being called the loving redskins

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

DariusLikewise posted:

they have a bottom-eight QB.

lots of bad takes in this thread but this one is really dumb

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Spoeank posted:

why even defer any of it? "Ok I have an offer of 2.275 billion, but I only got 2.2 on me. Cmon you know I'm good for the rest"

lol was kinda thinking the same. "Here is 2.2 billion in cash and an IOU. The IOU is for $75Mil, may wanna hold onto that one."

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The Titans lucking out into the divisional round doesn't really make them a top 8 team. I was so thrown off by that "top 8" for a second I thought you must be talking about some other team lol

Mariota had a lot of bad luck last year and poor support in some areas. I think he could have a breakout year. Then again, it's also possible that the Jaguars, Colts and Texans will all be better this season and the Titans won't be able to cruise to the playoffs by abusing three teams with crappy QBs. Whether it comes true or not I'm enjoying this storyline

hot take: football is horrible and all of its fans are callous morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

lots of bad takes in this thread but this one is really dumb

Sorry bottom-four

• Locked thread