Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Bells are the loving best, unless you're in a really obscure/unpopular spot.

Nothing makes people, who have no business flagging up, flag up more than you running into their grind spots when a bell is active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I flag up whenever anyone jumps in my spot cause I'm always at a lovely one

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Killed a white name striker yesterday who tried to jump in my two man rotation. As a dk who has been killed hundreds of times at bad spots when I was under 450 guy score, gently caress u trolls

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Bells are fine unless someone posts it on the bell discord in which case lol have fun.

I post bells on that discord if all I'm doing is lifeskilling or something as a minor troll to anyone grinding on that channel. The amount of chain jail notifications that happen afterwards is hilarious.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

stump collector posted:

I flag up whenever anyone jumps in my spot cause I'm always at a lovely one
Whenever someone flags me I just kite them around indefinitely or at least try to.

I have had a few people cry to my guild leader about it. In lovely mediah areas because I have a tin can gear score.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Lmao

A few months ago we were permadecced by everyone and I died any time I was in mediah

Glad to be a bully now I guess but I don't think I'd ever be so bitch made to message an enemy guild leader about how mad I was

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

is softcap still 56? or is it 60 now?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Keegers posted:

It's still 56 but 56-60 had the xp requirement slashed by something like 75% or more.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Keegers posted:

It's 61. I did 56->58 with afk life skills and my account is not even 2 months old.

edit: And now I'm at 58 9% without killing a dude or leaving calph.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 27, 2018

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

At 55, each calpheon daily quest gives you 1% of exp. Which is how I'm leveling my witch because lol I can't even be bothered to kill stuff with it it's so bad.

You can do 60->61 in... 50-100h (maybe a bit less if you're really geared blah blah) but getting to 62 is a huge undertaking so most people stop there. I'd get to 61 on at least one character because you get what's essentially a TRI crescent (softcap) ring.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
How come more people don't make their characters real fat?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Have you heard of

Waifus

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Been reading about all these client side hacks that have come to light.

Reminds me of Archeage only without the finite land supply causing as much rage.

Oh Korean MMOs, never change :allears:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
They're pretty god-damned ridiculous. I watched the video on the node exploits from a month or two before I started and was shocked to find out that most of these people had already been banned before for the same bug and Kakao never fixed anything

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
Hey guys, this tool is absolutely incredible for lifeskillers.

I definitely recommend it for min-maxing your gathering and crafting.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

haven't touched this game for ages, did they make walking around not suck balls yet

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dabir posted:

haven't touched this game for ages, did they make walking around not suck balls yet
You can move alts and their active mounts between cities while they're logged out.

Except the desert city because who knows why.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Khorne posted:

You can move alts and their active mounts between cities while they're logged out.

Except the desert city because who knows why.

I meant actually walking around, jumping, climbing on things, that kind of thing, playing the game

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dabir posted:

I meant actually walking around, jumping, climbing on things, that kind of thing, playing the game
The only thing wrong with it is you control like a boat at times if you don't let go of your movement keys for a split second before changing directions.

I've no idea how this compares to the past. I'll say the game is far more shallow than it seems, and the combat is really overrated by the people who like the game.

AtmaTheWanderer
Nov 6, 2003
FFXI Mithra Mangina
Pillbug

Dabir posted:

So it's odd in the sense that while moving, A and D are turn keys instead of strafe keys, and you don't just sprint while holding shift, pressing shift triggers sprinting and you stop momentarily to stop sprinting (or at least take your finger off the W key)

It was a bit awkward for the first 2 hours when I just came back, but I'm getting used to it pretty quick and don't seem to have much problems getting around. The other thing is that strafing in combat is better accomplished by a sideways attack, which, again, thing to get used to, but now that I'm more used to it it's getting easier. It's definitely different though and I could see it being a deal breaker for some given that even I don't understand why they made a departure from almost every game produced.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Dabir posted:

How does it suck balls?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
If you even look at a puddle you are going to figuratively drown to death. Someone told me you literally can't, but boy are the water controls unbelievably weird and awkward even once you understand how they work. Especially getting out of water in places where they didn't really plan for you to be in water, like the puddle near that one node south of calpheon that has the ore. It took me 10 minutes to get out of that thing and it's like barely the size of your character and about knee high.

AtmaTheWanderer posted:

So it's odd in the sense that while moving, A and D are turn keys instead of strafe keys, and you don't just sprint while holding shift, pressing shift triggers sprinting and you stop momentarily to stop sprinting (or at least take your finger off the W key)
You forgot that your camera view also doesn't impact movement if you're jamming fast enough. The solution is to let go of movement keys and press new ones every time you are going to change directions. Otherwise, you look like a human but you're actually a cargo freighter and your course is set.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 18, 2018

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

J posted:

How does it suck balls?

consistently and thoroughly

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So yeah this is exactly as I remember and they haven't changed it at all. Ah well, probably won't stop me playing. Is there any way to change the fov to make the first person zoom level tolerable?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Does anyone know why I can't fish in this lake? It's east of Velia, up a cliff, there's elk everywhere. Every time I throw the lure in my guy just pulls it out like I've thrown it onto land, but it's definitely water, you can swim in it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dabir posted:

Does anyone know why I can't fish in this lake? It's east of Velia, up a cliff, there's elk everywhere. Every time I throw the lure in my guy just pulls it out like I've thrown it onto land, but it's definitely water, you can swim in it.

I think you used to be able to vaguely around launch. Probably bugged?

Can't log in to check myself as I realized all I was doing for months was logging in every day for the attendance reward so I purged the client.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

That spot is called Serene Spring.

It was nerfed a long time ago (so that people couldn't fish up relic shards using the abundant resources). All you can catch there is Sandeel, Fish Bones and Seaweed.

Seeing your character cast the rod out then jerk it back immediately means the spot where the lure landed wasn't a valid fishing spot.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That bit's nice and deep though, looks really fishable. I climbed up the waterfall and found some water I could fish in, it was ankle deep.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i got back into this game because i don't value my time enough i guess, and holy christ the server chat is the worst i've seen in an online game in some time

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

AriadneThread posted:

i got back into this game because i don't value my time enough i guess, and holy christ the server chat is the worst i've seen in an online game in some time

the debate of the ontological trap question is an eternal struggle. the only concrete unchanging truth you should recognize is that all games play better on alienware.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

AriadneThread posted:

I had left for 6 months and they were talking about alienware computers and then came back .. they were still talking about them - it was like I never left

J
Jun 10, 2001

Hit esc to go to the menu and then go to chat filters, you can make your own custom chat filters and never have to see alienware again. It filters out the entire message containing the word, not just the word.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I basically just have whispers/party/guild on in all chatboxes, items looted in another, then a third where only messages containing both alienwares and traps are seen

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Black Desert players are obsessed with traps.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Traps are not loving gay

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom
Statistically, two traps are even straighter than normal people because there are more tits.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gas

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Koi

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
My girl got me to try this game, and I grinded a wizard to 20 in an hourish. Is there an active goon guild, and if so how to do you join? I am an old school MMO player, and do a /who all to whisper people seems to not work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Mr.Fuzzywig posted:

Statistically, two traps are even straighter than normal people because there are more tits.