Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
https://twitter.com/nflnetwork/status/996180819071782912

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Nice.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Kim Jong Il posted:

Geno honestly isn't terrible, but that was all McAdoo. He's been in bad situations and I think he's fine as a backup.

They had no plans of Geno replacing Eli, yet they said Eli was being benched to see what they had. So, why not start the qb you drafted in Webb when Eli was benched. Last year was a poo poo show and I am glad McAdoo and Reese are gone.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Nice

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/status/997283696347635714

1 – Carson Wentz
2 – Alex Smith
3 – Nick Foles
4 – Dak Prescott
5 – Eli Manning

I am not really a fan of Riddick because he was one of the original Howie Roseman haters, but I think this is a reasonable ranking

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

NotWearingPants posted:

https://twitter.com/LRiddickESPN/status/997283696347635714

1 – Carson Wentz
2 – Alex Smith
3 – Nick Foles
4 – Dak Prescott
5 – Eli Manning

I am not really a fan of Riddick because he was one of the original Howie Roseman haters, but I think this is a reasonable ranking

Eli is better than Dak :colbert:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CyberPingu posted:

Dak never got benched for Geno Smith. :colbert:

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

iwentdoodie posted:

Dak never got benched for Geno Smith. :colbert:

People were fired for that

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

DaStampede posted:

People were fired for that

Dak's gonna get his people fired this season

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CyberPingu posted:

If you ranked Eli and Dak's combined 16 seasons by rating, Dak's two seasons would rank #1 and #7.

In other words, Eli has 9 seasons with a lower QB rating than Dak's worst season.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Is Dak gonna get two rings though?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Vengarr posted:

Dak's gonna get his people fired this season

Jason Garrett is coach for life

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Field Mousepad posted:

Is Dak gonna get two rings though?

No, he will get zero rings.

But Romo never won any rings and nobody seriously thinks that Eli Manning was a better QB.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Eli Manning is Joe Flacco.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jason Garrett is coach for life

Dak can still claim his tithe of offensive coordinators and QB coaches.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

NotWearingPants posted:

No, he will get zero rings.

But Romo never won any rings and nobody seriously thinks that Eli Manning was a better QB.

Playoff Eli and regular season Eli are two entirely different things

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

very stable genius posted:

Eli Manning is Joe Flacco.

Shut your mouth

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's pretty much true but reverse

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Where the dak stans at?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

NotWearingPants posted:

If you ranked Eli and Dak's combined 16 seasons by rating, Dak's two seasons would rank #1 and #7.

In other words, Eli has 9 seasons with a lower QB rating than Dak's worst season.

Has Eli ever had the supporting cast Dak had?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Yes but Eli isn't a checkdown artist so it makes sense he would have lower ratings than dak

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Chichevache posted:

Eli's been spoiled with WRs over the years. Plaxico Burress is and always will be an underrated WR. ODB is obviously great and he's also had great supporting WRs in Amani Toomer or Victor Cruz. Giants defenses have almost always been better than the Cowboys, including the DeMarcus Ware days. That's where I think it ends though.

Eli had a line for about 4 years between 2007 to about 2011ish. They started sucking around the playoffs and then went completely downhill. He's also never had a legitimate LT as everyone has either sucked or are converted LGs. The best running back we had during Eli's time could arguably be Brandon Jacobs. TEs have also been a travesty since Kevin Boss of all people. Obviously Witten takes the edge on that, although cases could be made that rookie Evan Engram brought more to the table than retiring Witten even though that comes down to preference. Eli's offensive pieces just have always seemed mediocre.

Oh but if you think Dak is even close to being as good as Eli you an idiot and should watch games.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
All NFC East team, offense edition: http://www.phillyvoice.com/all-nfc-east-team-offense-edition/

It's a little Eagles heavy, but you know, they did WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

also, lol:

quote:

• LT Trent Williams, Redskins: If you prefer Tyron Smith or Jason Peters here, I wouldn't argue much, as the NFC East has the best group of left tackles in the NFL, by far. The only sure thing here is that the Giants have the clear-cut No. 4 guy in Nate Solder, who is also the highest paid offensive lineman in the NFL.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 21, 2018

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

All NFC East team, offense edition: http://www.phillyvoice.com/all-nfc-east-team-offense-edition/

also, lol:

second team: saquon barkley :frogdowns:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

also, lol:

Lol they only included that guy at LT because no other Skins player made it

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

CyberPingu posted:

Lol they only included that guy at LT because no other Skins player made it

lol he's been to the pro bowl the last six years.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

NotWearingPants posted:

lol he's been to the pro bowl the last six years.

He's still not better than the other 2

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

CyberPingu posted:

He's still not better than the other 2

Nobody argued that?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

รขย€ย• Corey Dostoyevsky
trent williams is absolutely the best LT in the division with a lot of great LTs

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
WWJD?

https://twitter.com/phillydotcom/status/998956739595784193

AudienceOfDumb

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
lol at the idea that a visit to the white house is not political

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Real hard to like this loving idiot.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Play posted:

lol at the idea that a visit to the white house is not political

shocker: the white millionaire from North Dakota quoting bible verses and taking his teammates hunting is cool with Trump

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

euphronius posted:

Real hard to like this loving idiot.

Just accept that there is no God or justice in this dark abyss and be happy that Philly won a ring.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Remember when Pete Carroll was viewed as being woke and progressive?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

รขย€ย• Corey Dostoyevsky

a new study bible! posted:

it's hard to remember a pete carroll that wasn't a 9/11 truther so no

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a new study bible! posted:

No.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Maybe he wasn't portrayed as progressive, but he was depicted as a gum chomping, swaggering cool dude by the media. Now he's huffing some nazi's farts on twitter.

Point is that everyone in football is terrible except for maybe Chris Long.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Jj Watt seems pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Doltos posted:

Eli's been spoiled with WRs over the years. Plaxico Burress is and always will be an underrated WR. ODB is obviously great and he's also had great supporting WRs in Amani Toomer or Victor Cruz. Giants defenses have almost always been better than the Cowboys, including the DeMarcus Ware days. That's where I think it ends though.

Eli had a line for about 4 years between 2007 to about 2011ish. They started sucking around the playoffs and then went completely downhill. He's also never had a legitimate LT as everyone has either sucked or are converted LGs. The best running back we had during Eli's time could arguably be Brandon Jacobs. TEs have also been a travesty since Kevin Boss of all people. Obviously Witten takes the edge on that, although cases could be made that rookie Evan Engram brought more to the table than retiring Witten even though that comes down to preference. Eli's offensive pieces just have always seemed mediocre.

Oh but if you think Dak is even close to being as good as Eli you an idiot and should watch games.

Let's clarify though in that Plax was a TD and yardage machine, but hurt his completion rate with all of his drops. Throughout most of his career, Eli has been in an offense that emphasizes the deep ball, and hence low percentage throws. And the supporting cast was loving horrible last year.

In conclusion, Eli forever.

• Locked thread