Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

TwoPair posted:

What's Beast Boy doing in a Marvel comic?

:yeah:

:argh: I was gonna post the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Is this sexy skinny new hulk supposed to be the boy version of sophisticated lawyer she-hulk?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I thought that was Amadeus, right?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I like Cho's new costume. I don't like Riri's new armor.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I honestly thought that was Hulkling at first.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

site posted:

looks like riri is getting a new suit design

Lmao I didn’t even notice the virgin nova vs the chad hulk in this picture earlier.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

I had stories in X-Men: Serve and Protect #4 and Spider-Verse #2 with Sheldon, and if you're really hard up, I run a series of short sword & sorcery stories over at my blog.

Awesome, I’ll check it out after work today

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
If I had to take a stab in the dark, right now Amadeus Cho is wrestling with his inner Hulk. I imagine he must come out on top and that's the form he takes when he finally has full control of the Hulk. It's probably a synthesis, since before he would lock the Hulk away and right now the Hulk has locked him away: this new form is likely his Professor Hulk.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
What is Amadeus Cho's new outfit reminding me of? Someone else has a similar outfit but I can't remember who

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

techknight posted:

What is Amadeus Cho's new outfit reminding me of? Someone else has a similar outfit but I can't remember who

Noh-varr?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I like that Ironheart costume. A different colour scheme than what we normally see and a mask that says "Iron Man" but the rest of the suit is decidedly not in order to differentiate her. Although I couldn't fault someone for thinking it was Iron Wasp.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

techknight posted:

Looks vaguely like a post ZH Legionnair uniform.

Also that stylized heart on Riri's suit is dumb as poo poo.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Rhyno posted:

hmmm.. yeah, maybe like a combo of those is in my brain

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

techknight posted:

hmmm.. yeah, maybe like a combo of those is in my brain

It definitely looks like Noh-Var's Young Avengers suit with a dash of Invincible.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Also that stylized heart on Riri's suit is dumb as poo poo.

Definitely see the Legionnaire comparison and now I'm mad because I need a new LSH series!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

Definitely see the Legionnaire comparison and now I'm mad because I need a new LSH series!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably one of the things delayed because of Doomsday Cock being so far behind schedule.

that's not a typo.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

L.E.G.I.O.N. is being reintroduced now, if it's any consolation.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

L.E.G.I.O.N. is being reintroduced now, if it's any consolation.

A slight one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
R.E.B.E.L.S. was the superior concept.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't know why but Cap riding shotgun in Robbie's charger makes me happy.

Also it really obvious that Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel are the focus of Rising. I'm totally cool with that because I've wanted to see them team up for ages, but it seems interesting.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

None of those costumes look bad because I've already seen Supergirl's new look today.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

Also it really obvious that Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel are the focus of Rising. I'm totally cool with that because I've wanted to see them team up for ages, but it seems interesting.

I mean if you think about it given that theyve been the top 2 marvel ya books for years now its surprising it hasnt been done already

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Synthbuttrange posted:

None of those costumes look bad because I've already seen Supergirl's new look today.

Yeah nothing's going to top that redesign. That loving front sash is awful. Holy poo poo, how do you screw up a Supergirl costume anymore?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

site posted:

I mean if you think about it given that theyve been the top 2 marvel ya books for years now its surprising it hasnt been done already

Makes sense also when you consider that Squirrel Girl is going to be headlining a TV show soon enough, and a good sized chunk of the MCU Phase Four rumors involve Kamala being brought in

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Just cancel whatever avengers tv show shes supposed to be in and put Doreen in the mcu

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Lobok posted:

I like that Ironheart costume. A different colour scheme than what we normally see and a mask that says "Iron Man" but the rest of the suit is decidedly not in order to differentiate her. Although I couldn't fault someone for thinking it was Iron Wasp.

I like the concept behind it, but the helmet looks too wide. There's something really clunky about it that makes it seem off to me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

Yea, that's why it was interesting that they took this long.

site posted:

Just cancel whatever avengers tv show shes supposed to be in and put Doreen in the mcu

I really don't understand why they chose to put her in a show rather than a film.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah what are they gonna do if New Warriors is garbage like Runaways?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Yeah what are they gonna do if New Warriors is garbage like Runaways?

Why stick one of the most notable and popular modern characters in a TV show that will probably have the same problems that the others do; inconsistent quality and tone, being unable to directly tie into the films.

Squirrel Girl would be a perfect character to introduce in Avengers 4. They need everyone on deck after what happened, and they think "well, what do have to to lose with some girl to can talk to squirrels?".

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Yeah Riri's armor is loving awful in that picture, but you never know, might be tolerable in-book. Can't always... ugh, I'm not gonna bother trying to avoid saying can't judge a book by its cover. There. But, gently caress, I mean, look at Domino. I'd never pick that book up if all I had to go on was that Land cover.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm sure the movies are more than willing to ignore the TV/Netflix developments if they becomes a hurdle to what they want to do for a second.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

https://twitter.com/MrNiceGuy18_58/status/998899990553645057

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Rhyno posted:

R.E.B.E.L.S. was the superior concept.

It would have been the superior concept, if it hadn't required the introduction of Evil Facist Baby for setup.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hows that cross media synergy working out?

I get that that's supposed to be the edge of his beard, but I can't see that as anything but Danny sporting a set of those novelty vampire fangs.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Esplanade posted:

I get that that's supposed to be the edge of his beard, but I can't see that as anything but Danny sporting a set of those novelty vampire fangs.

Are you badmouthing the gronkkkk?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat it, Bendis. You just had to gently caress everything up with Iron Man right before leaving, didn’t it? Just loving had to get in there and gently caress everything up and drat it I’m real mad at comic books now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat it, Bendis. You just had to gently caress everything up with Iron Man right before leaving, didn’t it? Just loving had to get in there and gently caress everything up and drat it I’m real mad at comic books now.

What happened?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Onmi posted:

What happened?
I don't really see what there is to be upset about, but:

He reset a lot of things back to status quo: Rhodey is back alive, Tony is back as Iron Man and in control of Stark Enterprises, and Doom had his face hosed up again and is probably turning back evil. But he also left a bunch of things as they were or new: Tony's bio parents are both alive, Riri and Miles have joined a SHIELD replacement run by DaVinci (also including Blade and I think Cable? and a bunch of other armor people), Tony is the future Sorcerer Supreme, and AI Tony seems to be up to something.

Edit: Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/999297995542843398

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 15:52 on May 23, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Endless Mike posted:

He reset a lot of things back to status quo: Rhodey is back alive, Tony is back as Iron Man and in control of Stark Enterprises, and Doom had his face hosed up again and is probably turning back evil. But he also left a bunch of things as they were or new: Tony's bio parents are both alive, Riri and Miles have joined a SHIELD replacement run by DaVinci (also including Blade and I think Cable? and a bunch of other armor people), Tony is the future Sorcerer Supreme, and AI Tony seems to be up to something.

Edit: Unrelated:

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/999297995542843398
This is a lot of dumb hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Endless Mike posted:

I'm only bothered by one of those status quo reversions.

• Locked thread