Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

this is because fox news is constantly shouting that there's been no wrongdoing found and americans will believe absolutely anything if they hear it enough times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

Departwoment of Herland Shecurity

lol

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

goooooo germany

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

this is because fox news is constantly shouting that there's been no wrongdoing found and americans will believe absolutely anything if they hear it enough times
Forget it, Jake. It's America.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Yinlock posted:

the democrats just don't talk about it enough

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Compromising is the way to win difficult elections," I continue to insist as

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

that plague inc comic buts its "SELL. OUT. EVERYTHING."

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The dream of a Democratic "unity ticket" consisting of nothing but literal Republicans grows closer to reality.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Yinlock posted:

There is a difference between "no wrongdoing" and no evidence of the democrats claims of ultra treason collusion. The article (as opposed to the headline) suggests the question was phrased more along the latter.

tfa posted:

59 percent of the public thinks the special counsel investigation into Russia’s attempts to support Donald Trump’s campaign has yet to reveal any evidence of wrongdoing by his team.

At the same time, 59 percent also want the investigation to continue. :shrug:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

better 👏 things 👏 aren't 👏 possible 👏

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Yinlock posted:

Oh wow indictments watch out

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Nastier Nate posted:

2018 is really the last chance for the democrats to show they can do the bare minimum of an opposition party. They have several advantages (even though the economy hasn't technically cratered yet, just for the bottom half of Americans) and if they can't win control of at least 1 chamber, well then frankly we deserve the GOP.

all they had to do was say "m4a" and "legalize it", and they refused to do either

it's extremely pathetic how the dems are sinking the easiest loving lay up of the century, but it's been useful in a few areas because of how much they've been showing their rear end; namely how the donut crowd turned into the alt center aping the tea party "loons" and how nakedly terrible elected dems are at being an opposition party. never mind the fact that dogstomper58 is THE loving FRONT RUNNER in michigan. i know that we're going to wind up relitigating the 2016 for the next 350 years, but like how do you gently caress this up? how?

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Yinlock posted:

I'm sure there are people like that but honestly I've heard the Democrats claim too many times that THIS time they have proof that Russian Shadowrunners ghost hacked America into voting for Trump and his entire administration is guilty of turbo ultra treason. Each time though it's turned out to either to be loving nothing or that someone didn't follow proper procedure and might have to pay a fine if found guilty. It's background noise at this point.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Iron Twinkie posted:

I'm sure there are people like that but honestly I've heard the Democrats claim too many times that THIS time they have proof that Russian Shadowrunners ghost hacked America into voting for Trump and his entire administration is guilty of turbo ultra treason. Each time though it's turned out to either to be loving nothing or that someone didn't follow proper procedure and might have to pay a fine if found guilty. It's background noise at this point.

they actually do have proof, it's just that nobody cares or will do anything because again, america

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

of course it's also not a global conspiracy like the dems think it is, but there is a bit of the ol' collusion there

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Yinlock posted:

of course it's also not a global conspiracy like the dems think it is, but there is a bit of the ol' collusion there

Actually it is because it's part of the global conspiracy to enslave mankind into neo feudal darkness

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:siren::siren:RUSSIA!!!:siren::siren:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jose posted:

the democrats just don't talk about it enough

yeah its kinda frustrating that every time you hear "NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION!" there's no a dozen dems saying "dude the emails the senate committee released said "Why did DJTjr admit to collusion?"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Speaking of social facades, Glenn Greenwald sent Reality Winner to jail

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Percelus posted:

it's where you do a sean hannity act and claim this thing there is no evidence to support like trump/russia collusion or podesta ordering seth rich murdered definitely absolutely happened

what? there is evidence for the trump/russia collusion and it's also coming out that other countries were attempting to buy out the trump campaign. it just came out that lewandowski was being paid $500k/month by qatar to represent them. like come on

it's literally an international network of hyperrich elites backpatting each other and making sure each other come out on top

what the gently caress happened to this thread that people are starting to believe that nothing at all happened? are you mainlining trump's timeline?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"the democrats are doing nothing except screaming about russia"

https://twitter.com/AJentleson/status/999119505157652482

https://twitter.com/maxbergmann/status/999105694220603393
https://twitter.com/maxbergmann/status/999105982386135045
https://twitter.com/maxbergmann/status/999106475405561856
https://twitter.com/maxbergmann/status/999106475405561856

https://twitter.com/maxbergmann/status/999108495961219073

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

what? there is evidence for the trump/russia collusion and it's also coming out that other countries were attempting to buy out the trump campaign. it just came out that lewandowski was being paid $500k/month by qatar to represent them. like come on

it's literally an international network of hyperrich elites backpatting each other and making sure each other come out on top

what the gently caress happened to this thread that people are starting to believe that nothing at all happened? are you mainlining trump's timeline?

"I will never agree with a lib on anything even if I can use the things t strengthen my position"

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

The funniest thing about the Russia conspiracy poo poo is that the individual facts are basically all true, and yet it's still like the 27th most significant reason Clinton and the rest of the DNC lost the election. Like, it ranks well behind things like "Robbie Mook," "secret pneumonia," and "complete disdain for the electorate."

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

unbutthurtable posted:

The funniest thing about the Russia conspiracy poo poo is that the individual facts are basically all true, and yet it's still like the 27th most significant reason Clinton and the rest of the DNC lost the election. Like, it ranks well behind things like "Robbie Mook," "secret pneumonia," and "complete disdain for the electorate."

Yeah the Democrats should be figuring out how to be an actual political party and run actual effective campaigns first and foremost. At the same time they should be aggressively using this poo poo to take down Trump because he's blatantly broken hundreds of laws and he needs to be out of office as soon as loving possible because jesus christ.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
perhaps if we tried calling him, 'comrade drumpf'

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

At the same time they should be aggressively using this poo poo to take down Trump

How do you think this part happens when the GOP controls the Senate?

Mueller could come out with 8 smoking guns today and they're still not gonna vote to impeach.

If your answer is "well when the Dems win the Senate in November..." then I have a bridge TV ad campaign grift machine to sell you.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

This thread has greenwald levels of brokebrain a lot and it's why I dont post here much anymore, it's just not fun or interesting.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WampaLord posted:

How do you think this part happens when the GOP controls the Senate?

Mueller could come out with 8 smoking guns today and they're still not gonna vote to impeach.

If your answer is "well when the Dems win the Senate in November..." then I have a bridge TV ad campaign grift machine to sell you.

Presenting the GOP as complicit accomplices that need to be all thrown out is a pretty good angle to take IMHO

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

uh-oh! the GOP control the senate! better not say or do anything critical!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol, owned

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

unbutthurtable posted:

The Podesta/DNC emails were all Russia and are probably in the top 5 (if you lump them together), though a lot of their impact was accentuated by the fact that it kept Clinton's email fuckup in the news constantly as well.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

uh-oh! the GOP control the senate! better not say or do anything critical!

That's not what I'm saying, you loving idiot, I'm saying it's a waste of effort because it's a literal impossible goal to accomplish.

Or do you actually think enough Republican senators would actually put country above party and vote to impeach Donald Trump?

The investigation is going to do it's thing, there's no need for the Dems to be talking about it until it's fully complete, they should probably start talking about poo poo like M4A to try to actually win the midterms instead of screaming about Russia into the void forever

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Russia did treason and nobody's listening!!!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

like, I get really triggered that Devan Nunes isn't called a motherfucker every single day on the house floor

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The Russians, The Russians I scream as I slowly shrink into a underemployed uninsured corncob.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Presenting the GOP as complicit accomplices that need to be all thrown out is a pretty good angle to take IMHO

The fact that they haven't done and still suck off the moronic philanderer McCain means they are collaborators op

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

zegermans posted:

The Podesta/DNC emails were all Russia and are probably in the top 5 (if you lump them together), though a lot of their impact was accentuated by the fact that it kept Clinton's email fuckup in the news constantly as well.

I don't count the "reveal" part of the "reveal how lovely Clinton et al were" as the main problem, though. It's that they were so lovely in the first place.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WampaLord posted:

That's not what I'm saying, you loving idiot, I'm saying it's a waste of effort because it's a literal impossible goal to accomplish.

Or do you actually think enough Republican senators would actually put country above party and vote to impeach Donald Trump?

The investigation is going to do it's thing, there's no need for the Dems to be talking about it until it's fully complete, they should probably start talking about poo poo like M4A to try to actually win the midterms instead of screaming about Russia into the void forever

https://twitter.com/maxbergmann/status/999106832290459648
https://twitter.com/maxbergmann/status/999108112014544896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
an email in every mailbox, a chicken in every pot!

• Locked thread