Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

NumbersMatching320 posted:

I'm coming up on halfway through Cowboy Bebop and this poo poo is awesome how did I miss it?

I still have the soundtrack on regular rotation. Now that I think about it, it's been 10+ years since I last watched the series. I should fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

KakerMix posted:

We're talking about Miatas right? Lifted trucks? Wait maybe stance life bozos. Our country music. Heck maybe millennials???

Cats vs dogs, I think.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy are good, (though Space Dandy leans a little too hard into the anime tropes) but was still worth it. One Punch Man was excellent for, as he said, those first 10 episodes or so. I also remember FLCL being good but refuse to re watch it and ruin that memory.

Other than those and one punch man, I haven't watched any anime since 2007ish with Gurren Lagann and boy howdy that ended in disappointment.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 23, 2018

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Anime is one of those things I did try really hard to like, but every series (practically) uses the same boring tropes and it just gets way too drug out.

Cowboy Bebop and Trigun were awesome when I was younger, but I've tried rewatching as an adult and just can't get into it. OPM had like 2 good episodes and I was over it.

Netflix has a couple new exclusives that aren't horrible (aggretesuko I think, and some new York one that I watched just because of desus and mero.)

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

(though Space Dandy leans a little too hard into the anime tropes)

A little, though it has charm and heart which made it more enjoyable than virtually anything else I'd seen. :3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"I don't understand why I was charged to replace the front door?"

Well it might have something to do with you having drilled holes in the door and then filling the holes with drywall patch compound.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A little, though it has charm and heart which made it more enjoyable than virtually anything else I'd seen. :3:

Space Dandy is charmful as gently caress, I'll admit. The vacuum-coffee maker episode was pretty much the peak "cute" I can handle before turning something off.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Other than one punch man, I haven't watched any anime since 2007ish with Gurren Lagann and boy howdy that ended in disappointment.

The sheer scale of the escalation in Gurren Lagann is still excellent, but I cooled on it a lot when I learned the main girl's supposed to be 13 in the first arc.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagaan also owned hard for having a retarded fractal logarithmic escalation to it's power levels

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Enourmo posted:

The sheer scale of the escalation in Gurren Lagann is still excellent, but I cooled on it a lot when I learned the main girl's supposed to be 13 in the first arc.

gently caress

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So we all agree them, all anime is the best

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So most Anime creators are pedophiles apparently?

I remember getting into DragonBallZ back when i lived in Japan, but that's because it was the prime time highest rated TV show back then. Now it's unwatchable to me, but I could probably watch the Cell saga again just out of nostalgia.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If you like sci-fi, watch Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Planetes, assuming you've already seen Cowboy Bebop.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

iwentdoodie posted:

Anime is one of those things I did try really hard to like, but every series (practically) uses the same boring tropes and it just gets way too drug out.

Cowboy Bebop and Trigun were awesome when I was younger, but I've tried rewatching as an adult and just can't get into it. OPM had like 2 good episodes and I was over it.

Netflix has a couple new exclusives that aren't horrible (aggretesuko I think, and some new York one that I watched just because of desus and mero.)

Aggretsuko was excellent. I'm not an anime guy but I enjoyed it a lot.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

InitialDave posted:

If you like sci-fi, watch Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Planetes, assuming you've already seen Cowboy Bebop.

Those were both good, and thankfully pre-embargo (my personal limit). I never watched the new GitS, but those first two seasons of Stand Alone Complex were good TV in general. Planetes is great, and kickstarted my interest in spaceflight.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

So most Anime creators are pedophiles apparently?

I remember getting into DragonBallZ back when i lived in Japan, but that's because it was the prime time highest rated TV show back then. Now it's unwatchable to me, but I could probably watch the Cell saga again just out of nostalgia.

Most everyone in entertainment is

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Wasnt like Dennis and Dee's real parents, the ones who volunteer for needy children, like that dude was actually a massive chomo

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

iwentdoodie posted:

I won't argue with you there. I noted as a kid after watching several of the "team" animes (like Battle Of The Planets AKA G-Force, AKA Gatchaman) that the team was always the leader guy, the rival guy, the big guy, the girl, and the weird little kid. I mean, go look at the original Voltron or the second series of Robotech (AKA Mospeada - God I love the Ride Armor...)

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I will say though that if you have any inclination to watch Blue Exorcist, do not watch it. It's got enough interesting elements to keep you watching until the climax in which the writing falls to bits and the whole thing turns into a festering blob of poo poo.

And come to think of it I watched it on the recommendation of the same chick that puts rotisserie chickens in the oven so it's sort of unsurprising.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 23, 2018

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I have already dealt with the police. I am waiting for a report to be generated in the system so I can get her information. I just finished filing an online addendum with photos showing the bike is bent up (they were only concerned with the handlebars at the time, we didn't know that the bike was unrideable). If $200 is spendy for a new bike right now, I don't think I could afford a lawyer.

I may be way too late for this, because I'm way behind on the thread. I have a mountain bike in my garage that I haven't been using and you are welcome to borrow it until your poo poo gets sorted out from this accident. The issue is that I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for a vacation out of the country, so have no idea how to get the bike to you (or have you get it) unless you could drive all the way out to Buckeye tonight to get it. It's in good shape but one tire has a slow air leak so you would need to air it up every few days or fix it.

If you are interested and think you can come get it tonight shoot me a PM and we can work it out, otherwise I will be back next Wednesday if you can go a week without a bike.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Right, which one of you fuckers is this? https://imgur.com/gallery/8eziyDk

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Rhyno posted:

"I don't understand why I was charged to replace the front door?"

Well it might have something to do with you having drilled holes in the door and then filling the holes with drywall patch compound.

Whatever, cop.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I have seen the anime and the anime is us

Also, I had a roommate ask me if he. Old hang a towel bar on his bedroom door. I said sure whatever. The next day I came home to a towel bar mounted on the outside of the door.

He bought me a new door.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All this anime gaijin talk and no Initial D?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

There is no initial on my D.

I'd show you but you'd be jealous

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Goober Peas posted:

I have seen the anime and the anime is us

Also, I had a roommate ask me if he. Old hang a towel bar on his bedroom door. I said sure whatever. The next day I came home to a towel bar mounted on the outside of the door.

He bought me a new door.

Honestly, though, that's pretty funny.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

I kind of assumed everyone would have watched at least some of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The former tenant is contesting the charge for the new door. Not like, with his bank or anything. He's just sent like 200 emails to the property manager about how unfair it is.

FREE CAR ALERT

2002 Ford Escape XLT. "WILL NOT SHIFT INTO REVERSE." It would be "free" if I help them move a few hours away. Junkyard has three compatible models.

Hmmmmmm.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol no dont waste any time or money on that pile of poo poo. If you put a new trans in it it will break again in short order.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BUTT IZ FREE

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Man, ain't nothin free.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Not even candy from strangers

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Rhyno posted:

The 180 between Keisuke and God Foot. Hairs still stand up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

The 180 between Keisuke and God Foot. Hairs still stand up.

Best mod.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rhyno posted:

BUTT IZ FREE

The autos in those vehicles were dogshit.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You Am I posted:

The autos in those vehicles were dogshit.

Still are. You don't see many of the early ones left on the road because they are disposable garbage.

[e] is disposable garbage redundant? Eh, if the shoe fits I guess :v:

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Agreed, old Japanese man, agreed.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Agreed, old Japanese man, agreed.

Here's the real quote

quote:

You see, whether you can draw like this or not, being able to think up this kind of design, it depends on whether or not you can say to yourself, ‘Oh, yeah, girls like this exist in real life. If you don’t spend time watching real people, you can’t do this, because you’ve never seen it. Some people spend their lives interested only in themselves. Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know. It’s produced by humans who can’t stand looking at other humans. And that’s why the industry is full of otaku!.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
US prices for trim pieces for first gen 4Runners/Hilux Surfs are loving insane. I need a shift boot and center armrest pad (which comes as a whole assembly) and the used parts I can find on US sites are like 150 bucks each for the bastards. But ho ho ho look at amazon.jp and you pay 80-90 USD for them, OEM and new.
A 4runner account on instagram was like 'hey you need parts let me know!!!!' and looking at their prices, why in the gently caress would I buy from them when I can just buy who they buy from.

I mean I get it, but it weirds me out when it seems so obvious to me. Like there is this sex shop in a strip mall by us and proudly in the window they have a large sign that says "BUY LOCAL". If someone wants a dildo they are just going to cut you out and buy more direct, the support local thing kinda falls apart when your whole point is a middle man. Unless there are bespoke dildos they are selling, kinda have my doubts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Unless there are bespoke dildos they are selling, kinda have my doubts.

Isn't that what Rhyno is doing now?

• Locked thread