Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

TooManyUzukis posted:

They mean the body, I think. Ho boy now THERE'S some implications, gently caress.

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

This was not much surprise to anyone who knows their Roman history.

The Garlean political divide is pretty much textbook Roman politics, including the names of the factions :eng101:

It's more that I had pegged everyone involved in the ruse to be in on it. But turns out no, most(if not all) Garleans involved were legit with the notable exception of Asahi, who was just processing ElidiZenos' plan to cause Populares members to return to the general Garlean brainwashed fold by "proving" all outsiders are a threat because they use summoning.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Hmmm

1) Have goons embraced the visual beauty of guys in bunny outfits?

Yes and plz post your best bunnymen pics here tia

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Oh jeez I didn't consider that

I think I prefer the idea that Estinien just kinda wanders around righting Alphanaud’s gently caress ups.
I don’t want Zeno’s new body to be Estinien but I wouldn’t be surprised

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm.. some percentage of the way through Heavensward, and man, y'all weren't kidding about it being leagues better than ARR.

Also, I just got to Idyllshire and turned in a bunch of tomestones for shire gear, and my HP jumped from like ~9k to 21k. God bless inflation.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I feel it’s only been a steady rise in the quality of the content, SB really is quite great and you can tell they’re getting more confident with their medium.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I think the stormblood MSQ was a step back, but the patches have caught up

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Stormgale posted:

I think the stormblood MSQ was a step back, but the patches have caught up

I think I’d say it’s about the same personally. But the trials and dungeons in SB are just a lot more polished. The trial in the latest patch is just so entertaining.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

thinking about it, I don’t think that Zenos taking over Estinien’s body is thematically appropriate. Every major bad guy in this expansion has had a story of redemption, and I don’t think that Zenos/Estinien fits that mould

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Speaking of SB story content (sort of), I just did the level 60 samurai quest.

I knew it was coming, but :(.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 23, 2018

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
It'd also just be dumb to turn Estinien into a punching bag again.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
I don’t see how anyone thinks Option 2 regarding our mystery elf is even a vague possibility. The entity in question said poo poo about “the hunt,” we KNOW who that is

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Mister Olympus posted:

I don’t see how anyone thinks Option 2 regarding our mystery elf is even a vague possibility. The entity in question said poo poo about “the hunt,” we KNOW who that is

Vandes?

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Speaking of SB story content (sort of), I just did the level 60 samurai quest.

I knew it was coming, but :(.
And know what you mean. After the solo duty started I just stood there, katana unsheathed for a few minutes before finally just going through with it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Thundarr posted:

I kind of hope it isn't this because Estinien's possessed again! becoming a running gag would drag down everything else. But it's probably Estinien just by virtue of him being the only elf dude we see around the time Zenos gave himself a tracheotomy.

It's par for the course as far as The Most Famous Dragoon in the series goes. But I'd personally hate it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh no blimp issue posted:

thinking about it, I don’t think that Zenos taking over Estinien’s body is thematically appropriate. Every major bad guy in this expansion has had a story of redemption, and I don’t think that Zenos/Estinien fits that mould
I think he's just using it as a taxi. Zenos-Estinian will meet up with Zenos-Ascian at some point and get his body back. Hopefully it's just like a phase change in Final Royal Menagerie, phase 1 is the Ascian, you dislodge him from the body, then Zenos slides in for phase 2 and is like I'm Back Motherfuckers. No redemptive arc

I have faith in them to tell the story they wanna tell, the way they handled the wrap up on the story arc this patch was fantastic and shows me imo my faith is well placed, but I sincerely hope they're not gonna hold Bad Estinian over our head for three patches cause yikes if so

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Axle_Stukov posted:

The tanks have nothing to do with petrifying the raid, Yiazmat turns himself for that.

Looking back at a vid for the fight, you’re right, my bad.

I need to look back into my PC situation because the raid was choppy as gently caress even on a PS4 Pro for me. Hell, rewatching another fight of the raid solved another mystery; I swear one of the big gently caress off attacks just didn’t load for me all that great

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Might have been patch day lag too. All night I was getting some obnoxious style of lag in big fights where my animations synched up with my inputs but all sounds were delayed by about a second. It's really annoying to maintain a proper rotation when you can't trust your ears after having used them the whole time you've been playing.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thatassize/status/999365223634137089

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

God drat it, there are too many black boxes in this thread now. I gotta work on MSQ tomorrow.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
Wow but Construct 7 is a raid killer and a half. Seems like if enough people die and lose their Cool Kidz Maths damage buffs then you're just gonna be stuck in that fight for ten minutes, longer if everyone dies to the laser for god's sake you've seen it a dozen times now stop trying to cast spells when he's about to do Spinning Laser gently caress Yourselves Attack.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
For some reason basic pattern recognition skills in MMOs is a Herculean task.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

Might have been patch day lag too. All night I was getting some obnoxious style of lag in big fights where my animations synched up with my inputs but all sounds were delayed by about a second. It's really annoying to maintain a proper rotation when you can't trust your ears after having used them the whole time you've been playing.

Oh good this wasn't just me in Sigmascape yesterday.

I totally flubbed my rotation several times because of audio desync.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Something wonky about the sound in general, I've lost it completely necessitating client restarts three times since patchday.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Math boss is amazing. I think I'm going to make a macro to the raid guide for it, and link it every time we wipe : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AoxCkySv34&t=52s

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

In fairness for the first time people see the mechanic, I don't normally look down at my hp bar if it's full of green. So initially the boss call-outs didn't make sense.

It's the people who are still dying to it thirty minutes later that you wonder about.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Axle_Stukov posted:

For some reason basic pattern recognition skills in MMOs is a Herculean task.

It's more like pattern recognition while doing attack things is hard. BLM rotation is easy as pie, but I still completely fumble it and resort to transposing whenever MECHANICS start to happen. I just value mechanics over my DPS, so I survive. The people dying to lasers have their priorities swapped.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Oxyclean posted:

I'm really appreciating how many laughs I've gotten out of this patch between the new beast tribe lead-in and the solo duty that comes after the new dungeon.

I absolutely love the sarcastic/sick-of-this-poo poo WoL moments.

I like how the cutscene brings back Tataru becoming an Arcanist in ARR, only for her to be as ineffectual as ever outside of healing. She really should just switch to Conjury.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like how the cutscene brings back Tataru becoming an Arcanist in ARR, only for her to be as ineffectual as ever outside of healing. She really should just switch to Conjury.

Desertion is punishable by death! MY death!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Actually I think you'll find,

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
MSQ 4.3 spoilers What are the odds that this is gonna be set up where Elf-Zenos ends up saving the WoL from other threats because HE wants to be the one that takes down the WoL?

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Dr Snofeld posted:

Wow but Construct 7 is a raid killer and a half. Seems like if enough people die and lose their Cool Kidz Maths damage buffs then you're just gonna be stuck in that fight for ten minutes, longer if everyone dies to the laser for god's sake you've seen it a dozen times now stop trying to cast spells when he's about to do Spinning Laser gently caress Yourselves Attack.

I think he'll get better in the next few days as people gets used to him. Well, for the most part.

Pelvic laser dance-off can definitely take you off-guard if you're going in blind, especially if the healers didn't actually heal you up. Or if you still are not a believer in Sprint.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Tamayachi posted:

MSQ 4.3 spoilers What are the odds that this is gonna be set up where Elf-Zenos ends up saving the WoL from other threats because HE wants to be the one that takes down the WoL?

I feel like he's gonna end up playing a crucial part in completing Fordola's arc, the juxtaposition between her and Yotsuyu is too strong to not be resolved by the end of the expansion imo, especially given Fordola has worked with both Gaius and Zenos

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know she is That Pubby, right? She doesn't do much damage, runs around randomly unless she gets targeted with an aoe, during which she sticks to you and risks your health. The only thing she doesn't do is accuse you of being the bad.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Brainamp posted:

You know she is That Pubby, right? She doesn't do much damage, runs around randomly unless she gets targeted with an aoe, during which she sticks to you and risks your health. The only thing she doesn't do is accuse you of being the bad.

Tataru still confirmed for best scion.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

homeless snail posted:

Actually I think you'll find,

I wish I had done that quest as Summoner.

Brainamp posted:

I know. I had a good laugh the moment she started running at me with markers. :allears:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wish I had done that quest as Summoner.

I know. I had a good laugh the moment she started running at me with markers. :allears:

I literally started yelling at my screen. Get that poo poo away from me you idiot!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I, like the good friend I am, assumed I had to pop them before they reached Tataru the first time. :downs:

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Arist posted:

I, like the good friend I am, assumed I had to pop them before they reached Tataru the first time. :downs:

I failed it twice because of this, I mean she clearly asked for my help :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Arist posted:

I was playing tank spec, so until this post I thought that was what you legit had to do :downs: