Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Retro Futurist posted:

One of the old guardians/reavers, the ice one

Martinex. He's made of crystals, not ice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

TwoPair posted:

I can't wait to see this go the Gotham method of "saying the series isn't about Batman, then introduce every character in the mythos"

Have they introduced Scarface yet? I'd start watching again if I knew a gangster puppet was going to be on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Unmature posted:

Hank's not. Which is why I can say anything I want about him here. Even that he's a wonderful man with a lovely home.

That dastard!

What A Cartoon is such a great podcast, I know i've posted about it here and to my friends when an episode shows up that appeals to them.

I mentioned this in the main Marvel thread after Rhyno said something about it, but isn't it perplexing that Marvel is deciding to shove Squirrel Girl off into a TV show rather than a film? Marvel TV shows don't exactly have a great track record, so I don't know why they're doing this with one of their more popular and marketable characters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm betting Ike saw how high her digital sales were and earmarked her for non Netflix and no films or something. Like, his people did it because he doesn't come out of his bunker all that often. It would make sense that if they had no plans for her in media that they would toss her over to satsify Ike's people.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

I mentioned this in the main Marvel thread after Rhyno said something about it, but isn't it perplexing that Marvel is deciding to shove Squirrel Girl off into a TV show rather than a film?

Not really, i mean this in a completely non-perjorative way, but she feels more like a tv character. A well-made sitcom far better hits the vibe of North's version of Doreen. Plus, it's not like she's all that connected to the big goings on of the comics.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That's cuz she woulda kicked Hydra's rear end

Unmature
May 9, 2008
At least with Squirrel Girl being in a MCU movie the lack of stakes would make sense

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

gninjagnome posted:

Have they introduced Scarface yet? I'd start watching again if I knew a gangster puppet was going to be on.

No Scarface yet unless he was in the first season then never mentioned again, but they've had multiple proto Jokers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Unmature posted:

At least with Squirrel Girl being in a MCU movie the lack of stakes would make sense

There's nothing at stake in the DCEU movies either

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Davros1 posted:

Some executive's million dollar bonus.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Davros1 posted:

I always worry about whether or not this is going to be a waste of 16 bucks and 3 hours of my life when I see one, that's pretty high stakes.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

site posted:

That's cuz she woulda kicked Hydra's rear end

Well she kinda did. It doesn't really make sense, but she joined the French revolution at that time. US Avengers was quite fun.

Is that show still happening? It's scheduled to premier in 2018 but doesn't seem to have a network since freeform said no. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, without a network they haven't even started filming yet.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Squirrel Girl should be a cartoon. Aside from Ms Marvel (just because her powers would look really weird if depicted photorealistically) she is by far the most popular character who would work best as a cartoon. Like Ms Marvel's stretching, her being surrounded by and cooperating with squirrels would work visually way better in a non live action context.

The only way I see it working as live action is if you can throw movie money at it and get the people who worked on the recent Jungle Book to do the squirrels, but I think they're too busy doing Lion King at the moment.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Squirrel Girl should be a cartoon. Aside from Ms Marvel (just because her powers would look really weird if depicted photorealistically) she is by far the most popular character who would work best as a cartoon. Like Ms Marvel's stretching, her being surrounded by and cooperating with squirrels would work visually way better in a non live action context.

The only way I see it working as live action is if you can throw movie money at it and get the people who worked on the recent Jungle Book to do the squirrels, but I think they're too busy doing Lion King at the moment.

You probably have seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTPCTtkWoA

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i had forgotten theyve decided to rename gwen stacy ghost spider, that is just the dumbest fuckin name

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The HBO Watchmen series I totally forgot was being made has a cast:

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2018/5/22/17381476/hbo-watchmen-series-damon-lindelof

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

https://www.polygon.com/tv/2018/5/22/17381476/hbo-watchmen-series-damon-lindelof

Here, I'm going to pen the headline for when this is canceled:

Who Watches the Watchmen? Nobody.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

i had forgotten theyve decided to rename gwen stacy ghost spider, that is just the dumbest fuckin name

Can't wait to see what new stupid name they give Miles.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Here, I'm going to pen the headline for when this is canceled:

Who Watches the Watchmen? Nobody.

It probably won't do Game of Thrones numbers, but it'll probably do Westworld numbers.

I literally forgot that being a thing despite reading the FCBD comic about Ms Marvel and Squirrel Girl teaming up. But that's shorts, I want something along the lines of B:TAS, Spectacular Spider-Man and Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I will give it a chance because I like Lindelof and Regina King. Hoping she's gender swapped Rorschach because the white tears would be epic.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Endless Mike posted:

So this isn't actually a Watchmen series at all. NEAT. I see the "don't give the people what they want" is still the strategy over at WB.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Koalas March posted:

I will give it a chance because I like Lindelof and Regina King. Hoping she's gender swapped Rorschach because the white tears would be epic.

None of them are anybody from the comics.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what's wrong? Ghost Spider fits her design and keeps her from having to share a name with Spider-Woman, and it doesn't come with the same negative implications of making it so a black kid doesn't get to share a name with a well known hero.

They've been calling him Kid Arachnid, by the way.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

None of them are anybody from the comics.

It's Lindelof though, he lies all the time. Besides a gender swapped character wouldn't be from the comics. 🤷🏾‍♀️

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

ToastyPotato posted:

So this isn't actually a Watchmen series at all. NEAT. I see the "don't give the people what they want" is still the strategy over at WB.

I dunno. I didn't need yet another reboot/retelling of the original series. This sounds much more interesting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

what's wrong? Ghost Spider fits her design and keeps her from having to share a name with Spider-Woman, and it doesn't come with the same negative implications of making it so a black kid doesn't get to share a name with a well known hero.

Also it's a real kind of spider.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
it just sounds real dumb to me

"im ghost spider"

i just cant hear it and not laugh at it

kid arachnid is also stupid imo

:shrug:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

King Burgundy posted:

I dunno. I didn't need yet another reboot/retelling of the original series. This sounds much more interesting.

Well there's only been one and it was kind of bleh. I mean, I sure wouldn't mind exploring the world a bit and taking liberties here or there to expand the scope of the original story, but when the show runner is going out of his way to basically say this is Watchmen in name only it kind of defeats the purpose. It shows a severe lack in creativity, imo. Just make a new IP inspired by Watchmen for a new generation, instead of this weird thing where everyone pretends that Watchmen is this holy text and they are gonna be true to the original but it's gonna be new and different, but there will also be some recognizable stuff from the original PLEASE GOD WATCH IT.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Nodosaur posted:

Why not make her Spider-Woman? I mean, Spider-Woman isn't slated to be on the show, right? Hell, without a Spider-Woman comic out right now and with her not really making many cameos, it's not even like the name is gonna generate a ton of confusion.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

TwoPair posted:

Why not make her Spider-Woman? I mean, Spider-Woman isn't slated to be on the show, right? Hell, without a Spider-Woman comic out right now and with her not really making many cameos, it's not even like the name is gonna generate a ton of confusion.

They seem to keep wanting to leave that name open because they keep trying to make the other Spider-Women characters a thing and it never ever seems to stick. Spider-Gwen was the perfect opportunity to have the Spider-Woman name stick to a character that was actually being well received but WELP.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Gwen shouldn't be spider woman cuz mommy Jessica drew was way better than spider Gwen has ever been

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

site posted:

it just sounds real dumb to me

"im ghost spider"

i just cant hear it and not laugh at it

kid arachnid is also stupid imo

:shrug:

Maybe Miles is a big Kid Cudi fan 🤷🏾‍♀️

I agree the name sucks bur it's still better than Black Spider or SpiderNoir or whatever they would've named him if this was a few decades ago

I'm hoping it will grow on me

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Maybe Miles is a big Kid Cudi fan 🤷🏾‍♀️

I agree the name sucks bur it's still better than Black Spider or SpiderNoir or whatever they would've named him if this was a few decades ago

I'm hoping it will grow on me

I still remember people saying he should be Spider-Boy, so even those terrible ideas for names are better.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Gwen shouldn't be spider woman cuz mommy Jessica drew was way better than spider Gwen has ever been

I agree but if Marvel seems determined to not feature her anywhere, why not give someone the name in the meantime?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
A) There are 2 Hawkeyes

2) There have always been 2 Spider-Women so why not a 3rd

D: Everyone I know that is a fan refers to her as Jessica Drew, isn't she a shield agent now anyway?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No you see we can't confuse the public...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Who's the second spiderwoman

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

Who's the second spiderwoman

Gwen was spider-woman in her universe and Jessica Drew and Mattie Franklin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

What about Julia Carpenter?