Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Say no to bats :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I demand that these colored men show respect to a country that will allow them to suffer brain damage for a few hundred thousand dollars.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the flag can eat my balls

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
in India the national anthem plays before every movie showing

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/999357427656077323

This is about as good as you can expect to get from an NFL owner... Especially one who's bother is a MAGA Chud.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

https://twitter.com/VP/status/999348017244397568

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I wonder how many times horsefucker had to stop his phone from autocorrecting to whinnying.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

Sounds like a perfect signing.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
mike pence and his lego man haircut can go gently caress seabiscuit

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what's the best place to buy knockoff gear? I want to get a Kaep jersey to wear to the pub when I go watch the games but don't want to financially support the owners in any way

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Man gently caress that closet gay piece of poo poo. I hate that loving family so much and wish death upon all of them.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Epic High Five posted:

what's the best place to buy knockoff gear? I want to get a Kaep jersey to wear to the pub when I go watch the games but don't want to financially support the owners in any way

I've been wondering the same thing. Anyone got a good site for Chinese jerseys?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/999357427656077323

This is about as good as you can expect to get from an NFL owner... Especially one who's bother is a MAGA Chud.

From Newsday:

quote:

Jets chairman Christopher Johnson says he’ll pay anthem-related league fines for his players.

Christopher Johnson says his Jets players can take a knee or perform another type of protest without fear of repercussion from the team.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

citing cnn only when you agree with them

:hai:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Goddamnit I refuse to endorse or like the Jets, I don't care how many shows of solidarity or buttfumble gifs they give me

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Sage Wokenfels

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Why are you guys couching this as a substantive thing when it's just another example of the Right continuing to corner the market on patriotism propaganda at liberals' expense, only this time instead of being bullied into supporting perpetual war, it's for Trump's personal revenge against being blackballed from buying the Buffalo Bills?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

keep my team off of your timeline you son of a bitch

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Thank God he didn't get to buy the Bills.

Thank loving God.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Why are you guys couching this as a substantive thing when it's just another example of the Right continuing to corner the market on patriotism propaganda at liberals' expense, only this time instead of being bullied into supporting perpetual war, it's for Trump's personal revenge against being blackballed from buying the Buffalo Bills?

listen

I’m just mad in general at everything

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
after how bad Mass Effect: Andromeda was, I’m surprised to see the NFL rally so hard behind Anthem. you’d think they’d hedge their bets a little.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

soggybagel posted:

Sage Wokenfels

Sage 🌹nfels imo

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Ehud posted:

listen

I’m just mad in general at everything

:same:

Since my ability to cope with anger has never evolved, I guess I'll be listening to a lot of smashing pumpkins this week

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Boosh! posted:

From Newsday:

The team can set their own penalty, so I'm not sure why he'd say that rather than just "our players won't be fined or punished in any way." Good for him, though.

Also:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/a...m_medium=social

quote:

but 49ers CEO Jed York, who was consistently supported his players’ right to protest, told reporters he abstained from voting. York said he abstained partly because he wanted to receive more input from players. He also said he planned to halt concession sales during the anthem.

"I don’t think we should be profiting if we’re going to put this type of attention and focus on the field and on the flag,” York said

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 23, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Burginator posted:

:same:

Since my ability to cope with anger has never evolved, I guess I'll be listening to a lot of smashing pumpkins this week

Try Rage Against the Machine instead. It helps me.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

pubic works project posted:

Also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ad4MH7fMLs

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

pubic works project posted:

maybe I just need to build an angry playlist. I just got out of my last gig at work and I have a month before I go back to work, I'm going to have a LOT of time to be really angry about things

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Coldforge posted:

The team can set their own penalty, so I'm not sure why he'd say that rather than just "our players won't be fined or punished in any way." Good for him, though.

Also:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/a...m_medium=social

:cripes: Sage was joking!!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
gently caress the NFL.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
You guys should be loving pissed that the Right was 100% successful in conflating protesting bad cops with Are Troops, and you let it spiral into an argument that has nothing to do with cops shooting unarmed civilians.

Instead you're mad at the NFL. And what's worse, imo, is that you're gonna help Trump gently caress over football through false pretenses. The only principle he has is personal gain, he doesn't give a single gently caress about the anthem, but he knows his base does.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
This opens up some golden opportunities for players to stand for the anthem but do so while sighing obnoxiously, ostentatiously rolling their eyes and elbowing their teammates as if at some private joke

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

You guys should be loving pissed that the Right was 100% successful in conflating protesting bad cops with Are Troops, and you let it spiral into an argument that has nothing to do with cops shooting unarmed civilians.

Instead you're mad at the NFL. And what's worse, imo, is that you're gonna help Trump gently caress over football through false pretenses. The only principle he has is personal gain, he doesn't give a single gently caress about the anthem, but he knows his base does.

"Instead" lol.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Truly, the only sensible leftist thing to do now is to buy as many jerseys as possible so Trump doesn't win

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Why should I care if the NFL gets hosed over? I'm very much enjoying watching a bunch of chud owners hasten the demise of the league by desperately jerking off the idpol obsessed lead-poisoned right wing culture warriors who will mostly be dead in 10 years, and I expect they're going to end up eating poo poo PR-wise as a result of this

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

a new study bible! posted:

I've been wondering the same thing. Anyone got a good site for Chinese jerseys?
I'm not sure if that's kosher here, so I'll remove it if not but-

I've had good luck with DHGate. Usually arrives in < 2 weeks. Pay attention to the details in the pictures. They'll partially refund you if you're unhappy with something when it arrives.

I've bought 2x Pens jerseys, 2x Nittany Lions jerseys, an Avs jersey, and a Steelers jersey that I literally couldn't find anywhere else. Good experience every time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

waah posted:

Thank God he didn't get to buy the Bills.

Thank loving God.

This is a very bad opinion. If he owned the Bills he wouldn't loving be president.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I am capable of being mad at multiple things.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Boosh! posted:

From Newsday:

This is cool and good that he's saying players can do whatever the gently caress and he'll cover for them entirely. Unless I'm reading that wrong, the Jets have had the best reaction to this of all.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kidcoelacanth posted:

the flag can eat my balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Remember how some OL coach for I think the Cowboys said that he judges prospects based on how they squeeze ketchup out of a bottle? the entire NFL brain trust, from assistant coaches up to owners, is full of backwards idiots who are only employed because their sport is a massive cash cow that can keep churning ahead despite tremendous inefficiencies and fuckups. It's why any coach with an ounce of sense (Doug, McVay, Belichick) can immediately dominate. The NFL is full of dumbasses, and the smartest ones may be the brain damaged players

• Locked thread