Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

Is there a website where i can mock draft similar to the fantasypros mock draft, but i can do it for all 12 teams simultaneously?

yea i'm a bored fucker with computer access at work.

Just make your own MFL league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RCarr posted:

:lol: Hunter Henry out for the season. Good thing I just traded Kelce!

The god K'nee demands more sacrifices.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

:lol: Hunter Henry out for the season. Good thing I just traded Kelce!

I just saw this and came to apologize. Remember how I said to be comfortable with any trade you make, regardless of what people tell you? This is why. :v:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

You can set a soft cap in MFL.

Also sucks about Henry dude. :suicide: time to move Evans for TE’s

I'd like to have a hard cap but I don't want all the responsibility of checking every single move made all year to see if said team is adhering to the cap. Is there a website that will police this for the league?

Sataere posted:

I just saw this and came to apologize. Remember how I said to be comfortable with any trade you make, regardless of what people tell you? This is why. :v:

Haha yea it is what it is. Just funny how perfect the timing was. I should be able to snag a decent TE via trade, and Ebron isn't the worst option in the world.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can someone explain to me how you are supposed to implement a taxi squad in a dynasty salary cap league?

Correct me if I'm wrong but my assumption is:

Only rookies can be placed on a taxi squad, and only if they have never been on anyone's active roster before? Does that mean if I draft a rookie with a $20 salary, I can immediately move him the taxi squad? Do I need to have the cap space to draft that rookie in the first place? Or can I be maxed out, and still draft him since he never hits my active roster?

Can undrafted rookies who are picked up off waivers or free agency be put on the taxi squad? And same question as above, do you need the salary cap space to pick them up, before moving them to the taxi squad? Or can I send a rookie straight from waivers/FA to the taxi squad even if I am already at the salary cap?

As far as raiding or claiming players off other team's taxi's squad. Basically you say you want player X, and they can either keep him by promoting him to their active roster, or release the player to whoever put in the claim for them. Do they get anything in return for losing their player?

I'm thinking of implementing a taxi squad to my dynasty salary cap league but I just want to make sure I understand it fully first.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
On MFL you can acquire rookie's on waivers and taxi squad them, however, they go to your active roster first so you must make room for them there before demoting them.

I did this in order to stash a few guys towards the end of the season like Trent Taylor and Matt Breida

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
So that rebuilding team that I traded away Kelce and 1.01 took a sharp turn towards competing due to some trades :v: When I was on the clock at pick 7, a team with Odell Beckham hit me up about trading him away for picks including that one, and that trade talk spiraled into a huge deal.

I didn't give all the context before because it's just one dumb team of one dumb poster, but the draft changed things drastically and it's the off-season so what the hell. 12 team league, 2 QB, PPR, 3 offensive WRT flexes, good defensive scoring with 2 starters at each + 3 defensive flex. Main thing for context is I had banked a ton of draft picks, with 4 first rounders this year and next, plus 3-4 seconds, thirds, and fourths, and had a young WR corps with upside, good TEs, but basically nothing else anywhere.

Recent big trades:
Gave: pick 1 (Barkley), 10 (Lamar Jackson), Travis Kelce
Received: pick 2 (Mayfield), Jameis Winston, OJ Howard, Juju Smith-Schuster

Gave: pick 4 (Darnold), 7 (Chubb), four 2019 1sts (mine, teams that had this year's picks 9, 10, 12), Chris Godwin
Received: Ezekiel Elliott, Odell Beckham, Matthew Stafford

And then a couple smaller deals or trade ups/backs during the draft.

Roster with major additions from trades/draft in bold and departures in strikethrough:

QB: Jameis Winston, Matthew Stafford, Baker Mayfield, AJ McCarrron, Paxton Lynch, Davis Webb

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Rashaad Penny, Jordan Wilkins, Devontae Booker, Rex Burkhead, Latavius Murray

WR: Odell Beckham, Alshon Jeffery, Stefon Diggs, Allen Robinson, Juju Smith-Schuster, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Julian Edelman, Devante Parker, Josh Doctson, Donte Moncrief, John Ross, Chris Godwin

TE: Hunter Henry (RIP), Travis Kelce, OJ Howard, Austin Hooper, Jonnu Smith

LB: Deone Bucannon, Haason Reddick, Tremaine Edmunds, Rashaan Evans, Leighton Vander Esch

DL: Ziggy Ansah, David Irving, Fletcher Cox

DB: Jahleel Addae, Jordan Poyer, Jaquiski Tartt, Derwin James

Future draft picks: 2019 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2019 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, and some more later

I still have some quality picks next year with those 2nds, but decided to give it a go this year. Still lack good depth at RB and light overall at IDP spots. We'll see if I jumped too early, but I didn't want to miss the chance at adding quality QBs, Zeke, and OBJ, and getting to avoid another year of tanking due to having literally no startable QBs.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
No firsts next year hurts, but I feel like with those QBs, WRs, Elliot and Penny, you're well set up to competitive for a few years there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

On MFL you can acquire rookie's on waivers and taxi squad them, however, they go to your active roster first so you must make room for them there before demoting them.

I did this in order to stash a few guys towards the end of the season like Trent Taylor and Matt Breida

Can you put those rookies on the taxi squad even if they have been on another teams active roster before? What about if they started a game?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Can you put those rookies on the taxi squad even if they have been on another teams active roster before? What about if they started a game?

Hmm neither of those instances have come up so I'm not sure. Our rule is once you start a rookie he can't be taxi squadded but I'm not honestly sure if mfl enforces that.

We don't have any rules about demoting rookies that have been on other rosters. A rookie or two have been traded from a taxi squad to another team just fine though.

I'm looking at mfls setup page for taxi squads and the only options you can set are:
1. Only allow rookies on ts?
2. Only players on a bye week can be ts?
3. Once promoted they can not be demoted for X days, (9999 in ours).

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

now Keenan Allen gets 300 targets

Good thing he has a good history with injuries

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

So that rebuilding team that I traded away Kelce and 1.01 took a sharp turn towards competing due to some trades :v: When I was on the clock at pick 7, a team with Odell Beckham hit me up about trading him away for picks including that one, and that trade talk spiraled into a huge deal.

I didn't give all the context before because it's just one dumb team of one dumb poster, but the draft changed things drastically and it's the off-season so what the hell. 12 team league, 2 QB, PPR, 3 offensive WRT flexes, good defensive scoring with 2 starters at each + 3 defensive flex. Main thing for context is I had banked a ton of draft picks, with 4 first rounders this year and next, plus 3-4 seconds, thirds, and fourths, and had a young WR corps with upside, good TEs, but basically nothing else anywhere.

Recent big trades:
Gave: pick 1 (Barkley), 10 (Lamar Jackson), Travis Kelce
Received: pick 2 (Mayfield), Jameis Winston, OJ Howard, Juju Smith-Schuster

Gave: pick 4 (Darnold), 7 (Chubb), four 2019 1sts (mine, teams that had this year's picks 9, 10, 12), Chris Godwin
Received: Ezekiel Elliott, Odell Beckham, Matthew Stafford

And then a couple smaller deals or trade ups/backs during the draft.

Roster with major additions from trades/draft in bold and departures in strikethrough:

QB: Jameis Winston, Matthew Stafford, Baker Mayfield, AJ McCarrron, Paxton Lynch, Davis Webb

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Rashaad Penny, Jordan Wilkins, Devontae Booker, Rex Burkhead, Latavius Murray

WR: Odell Beckham, Alshon Jeffery, Stefon Diggs, Allen Robinson, Juju Smith-Schuster, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Julian Edelman, Devante Parker, Josh Doctson, Donte Moncrief, John Ross, Chris Godwin

TE: Hunter Henry (RIP), Travis Kelce, OJ Howard, Austin Hooper, Jonnu Smith

LB: Deone Bucannon, Haason Reddick, Tremaine Edmunds, Rashaan Evans, Leighton Vander Esch

DL: Ziggy Ansah, David Irving, Fletcher Cox

DB: Jahleel Addae, Jordan Poyer, Jaquiski Tartt, Derwin James

Future draft picks: 2019 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2019 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, and some more later

I still have some quality picks next year with those 2nds, but decided to give it a go this year. Still lack good depth at RB and light overall at IDP spots. We'll see if I jumped too early, but I didn't want to miss the chance at adding quality QBs, Zeke, and OBJ, and getting to avoid another year of tanking due to having literally no startable QBs.

It sounds like you are saying you only start three total RB/WR/TE, yet start 9 defensive players. Am I missing something here?

Part of me wants say 6 firsts and Godwin for Zeke, ODB and Stafford is too much, but no way it is. What was that guy thinking?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm not trying to be a homer here, but why shouldn't Alex Smith potentially have a Top 10 season this year?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

It sounds like you are saying you only start three total RB/WR/TE, yet start 9 defensive players. Am I missing something here?

Part of me wants say 6 firsts and Godwin for Zeke, ODB and Stafford is too much, but no way it is. What was that guy thinking?

It isn't only 3 offensive starters, just typical crap + 3 WRT flexes. Phrased poorly on my part, I was just trying to abbreviate an already long post.

And the guy's roster was pretty weak behind those three, so he wanted to try to rebuild to some extent. But agreed, tough for me to turn down that kind of deal even if I wanted. It's a little better in that QBs will go early and often, so "late 1st" is more like early to mid in a 1 QB league. Some crazy person took Josh Allen at 5 this draft, after Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold went 2-4... Then a crazier person took Mason Rudolph at 6 lol. Picks 7-9 were like 2-4 in a normal league. I guess the expectations right now are for poorer QB prospects next year, right? If not, and another 3-5 QBs go early first, that trade looks a lot better for the side getting the picks.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm not trying to be a homer here, but why shouldn't Alex Smith potentially have a Top 10 season this year?

Tougher than ever competition at QB1, Crowder and Doctson may not blossom, if Guice is t good their backfield is horrid, Cousins is a better qb and only averaged 8th with almost the same pieces and more years in the system

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Odds are against any mid 30s QB replicating their one outlier top 3 fantasy season, but especially one that moved teams, and that traded Kelce and Tyreek Hill for Reed and Doctson/Richardson/Crowder I guess? But he's had a few other decent seasons with nice TD:turnover ratios, and I'd expect him to be like QB#10-15ish, so I'm not getting against him squeaking into the top 10.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't think he does it, but I feel like there's a lot of guys this year who have reasonable shots at a top 10 season, and Alex is certainly among them. Feel like QB is really pretty deep this year.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So I'm trying to import my league to MFL, to test things out. Right now I am inputting each player's salaries. Demarco Murray doesn't even exist in MFL's database. Same with Orleans Darkwa and a few others. How can people use this site? Ughh

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 23, 2018

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

So I'm trying to import my league to MFL, to test things out. Right now I am inputting each player's salaries. Demarco Murray doesn't even exist in MFL's database. Same with Orleans Darkwa and a few others. How can people use this site? Ughh

Go into the settings and find View players on NFL free agency?

I'm looking for it now to be more specific. I'll edit it in if I find it

E: reports and security settings in the appearance setup section.

E2: is there a sa fantasy discord?

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 23, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Go into the settings and find View players on NFL free agency?

I'm looking for it now to be more specific. I'll edit it in if I find it

E: reports and security settings in the appearance setup section.

E2: is there a sa fantasy discord?

Thank you. This is one of the reasons my whole league is against using MFL. Everything is a complicated mystery.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Thank you. This is one of the reasons my whole league is against using MFL. Everything is a complicated mystery.

As commissioner of MFL I hate it. loving despise it. As a dynasty player, man is it better at making me not having to track stuff on my own.

The real trick is designing your leagues webpage to not look like trash. If you figure that out let me know.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

As commissioner of MFL I hate it. loving despise it. As a dynasty player, man is it better at making me not having to track stuff on my own.

The real trick is designing your leagues webpage to not look like trash. If you figure that out let me know.

Yea my whole league did a best ball league on MFL two years ago and unanimously swore we would never use this horrible mess of a website again. However now that we have a complicated dynasty salary cap league we are considering it just because of how it tracks everything. I know I will regret using it though. The fact we have to pay $130 on top of it being a terribly designed piece of poo poo is just a kick in the balls.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

sourdough posted:

It isn't only 3 offensive starters, just typical crap + 3 WRT flexes. Phrased poorly on my part, I was just trying to abbreviate an already long post.

And the guy's roster was pretty weak behind those three, so he wanted to try to rebuild to some extent. But agreed, tough for me to turn down that kind of deal even if I wanted. It's a little better in that QBs will go early and often, so "late 1st" is more like early to mid in a 1 QB league. Some crazy person took Josh Allen at 5 this draft, after Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold went 2-4... Then a crazier person took Mason Rudolph at 6 lol. Picks 7-9 were like 2-4 in a normal league. I guess the expectations right now are for poorer QB prospects next year, right? If not, and another 3-5 QBs go early first, that trade looks a lot better for the side getting the picks.

In a 2 QB league, getting Stafford there is huge. The fact that people go hog wild on quarterbacks only increases the value of those second rounders.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He has just as much chance as Christine Michael

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

MacheteZombie posted:

This is it 100% in a nut shell regarding MFL.

All of my leagues have taxi squads, but only one really makes it worthwhile.

Rookies and 2 year players can be placed on taxi squads and only 10% of their salary counts towards cap.

Players can bounce from active to taxi squad as many times as they want but, if a player is on taxi squad another team can claim them (think like NFL practice squad). Claims happen between tue & fri (so if a injury happens or something you can’t go claim another player day of game).

If you claim a player off another taxi squad, it costs you the round they were picked plus the next. So if x drafted Barkley in the 1st and put him on taxi squad I could claim him for a 1st and 2nd. You can use picks from the next 3 drafts, but the most current pick gets applied first. So that could be a 2021 1st and 2nd if you already traded all your earlier 1st and 2nds. Waiver claims equal a 7th round claim.

Because this is an IDP league it gets pretty aggressive and we have guys who have built winning squads off taxi claims and have no 1-3 picks until 2022 lol.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just make your own MFL league.

Man using MFL for those slow drafts last year has me never wanting to use it again. hah

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Yea my whole league did a best ball league on MFL two years ago and unanimously swore we would never use this horrible mess of a website again. However now that we have a complicated dynasty salary cap league we are considering it just because of how it tracks everything. I know I will regret using it though. The fact we have to pay $130 on top of it being a terribly designed piece of poo poo is just a kick in the balls.

You should be able to get first time buyer discounts. Also if you renew early it's $70. Or did you buy a deluxe league?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

In a 2 QB league, getting Stafford there is huge. The fact that people go hog wild on quarterbacks only increases the value of those second rounders.

I was terrified of having to actually rely on Darnold to develop into a functional QB, ecstatic to offload him in part for an already decent one.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

You should be able to get first time buyer discounts. Also if you renew early it's $70. Or did you buy a deluxe league?

You’re right. I’m not sure where I got the $130 price tag from. It looks like it’s $70, then 50% off for being a first timer, so $35 total. That’s not bad at all.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So back to MFL. I've got all the settings ironed out. All the rosters and salaries are imported. The one thing I can't figure out how to do is adjusting the draft picks for the upcoming draft. The only commish setting I see regarding the draft is "Import Future Draft Picks," but when I click on that, it says "NO YEAR 2018 DRAFT PICK TRADES TO IMPORT." It also says: "Hint: You must set up your 2018 draft order before performing this step."

Can someone who knows this website help me with how to adjust draft picks that were traded during last season / the offseason.

Thanks!

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
If you're in a dynasty league and have the 1.01 pick, always hold that pick until draft day IMHO.

The haul I just got from a 16 team PPR/IDP/KR+PR league (we draft today):
I give: 2018 Pick 1.01
I get: Amari Cooper, Devin Funchess, 2018 Picks 1.10, 1.12, 1.13 (and I already have pick 1.11)

And this ain't a dumb league. Folks just want that 1.01 pick, especially in years like this where there's a pretty clear cut 1.01 in his own tier.

EDIT: Also FYI for those of you using FleaFlicker, they added Taxi Squad slots BUT those slots count towards your total roster size. So if your commish is like ours in this league and doesn't expand rosters for the draft and then cut down, those TS slots count against your picks in the draft. This trade we just executed absolutely screwed over the draft board because I didn't have enough space on my roster to, uh, accommodate all the new picks I just acquired.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 24, 2018

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The power of Barkley

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
That's a nice haul! And good advice

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

So back to MFL. I've got all the settings ironed out. All the rosters and salaries are imported. The one thing I can't figure out how to do is adjusting the draft picks for the upcoming draft. The only commish setting I see regarding the draft is "Import Future Draft Picks," but when I click on that, it says "NO YEAR 2018 DRAFT PICK TRADES TO IMPORT." It also says: "Hint: You must set up your 2018 draft order before performing this step."

Can someone who knows this website help me with how to adjust draft picks that were traded during last season / the offseason.

Thanks!

I'm about to see a movie or I'd look this up. If you haven't figured it out later tonight and I remember I'll help ya.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

The power of Barkley

In a redraft league, how high should Barkley be drafted? Is he going to be grabbed in the mid-to-late first round?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Silly Burrito posted:

In a redraft league, how high should Barkley be drafted? Is he going to be grabbed in the mid-to-late first round?

He won't make it past the early second.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Yeah Barkley ought to be a considered a first round value immediately a la Zeke Elliott 2016. He's a great receiving back so he won't leave the field and Pat Shurmur isn't going to gently caress around with a talent like him. Dalvin Cook was getting fed the ball in Week 1 in Minnesota; I expect Shurmur to do the same with Barkley.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He was top 10 in the fantasy podcast I listened to yesterday.

Like the more they talked to each other the higher he went. Based on who he's competing with and who is running that offense.

I'm going to try my damndest to pick him up.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

Thanks!

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm about to see a movie or I'd look this up. If you haven't figured it out later tonight and I remember I'll help ya.

Ok first you need to set the upcoming draft up using the Draft Start Date/Time Setup and the General Draft and Timer Setup Modules. After that you can use the draft order Setup, then for individual rounds use draft order setup - one round.

If you want to PM about this feel free. Sorry for the late reply.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/heathcummingssr/status/1000098475999195136

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Roster limits on positions increases the value of top end guys at that position, since you can't stash a bunch of iffy guys and see who becomes useful, yeah? Dynasty superflex with a cap of 4 QBs on roster, I should prioritize good secure QBs even more than normal uncapped superflex? (Provided the other positions are not as relatively restricted, anyway)