Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I hope so, they keep charging my credit card $12 every month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

this broken hill posted:

is patreon still a thing
It almost wasn't for a while, when they made a change that hosed over everyone who made a bunch of little donations, but they pretty quickly changed their mind about that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im still in awe of how boneheaded that debacle was

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Tollymain posted:

im still in awe of how boneheaded that debacle was

It’s because they were bought by a venture capital company that waaaaay overvalued Patreon (who had a very sustainable small-overhead business model) and tried to turn it into a major revenue generator, which it isn’t. It’s a small revenue generator.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

this broken hill posted:

is patreon still a thing

hell yeah it is babey

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
yeah i knew about the patreon debacle, it's just that i haven't actually heard patreon mentioned in any light (negative or positive) since then so i was wondering if it sunk the company or if an alternative had popped up or what had happened

jj won my respect standing up for smaller creators' rights tbh, his work has never been my thing but he seems to be a genuinely good dude and i'm glad he's making a modest living off qc

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

this broken hill posted:

yeah i knew about the patreon debacle, it's just that i haven't actually heard patreon mentioned in any light (negative or positive) since then so i was wondering if it sunk the company or if an alternative had popped up or what had happened

jj won my respect standing up for smaller creators' rights tbh, his work has never been my thing but he seems to be a genuinely good dude and i'm glad he's making a modest living off qc

Motherfucker hid how much he makes now but I remember he made more than a modest living, maybe even extravagant living

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

Motherfucker hid how much he makes now but I remember he made more than a modest living, maybe even extravagant living

Plus he's living in a relatively cheap city, so that helps.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today's oglaf legit gives me the creeps w the one panel lmao

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's funny cause it's true!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i feel like stand still stay silent may be wrapping up unless some serious chicanery happens on the way back to jolly old iceland

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Tollymain posted:

Nothing can be as bad as their pinkeye comic and, god willing, ever will be.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Neophyte posted:

Nothing can be as bad as their pinkeye comic and, god willing, ever will be.

The god in question is Sithrak, so... quite possibly we'll be subjected to something worse.
I don't want this future.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Tollymain posted:

imagine how it'll feel to squeeze those out.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

Synthbuttrange posted:

acneye vulgarish

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Imagine how it would look.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That one panel is also the premise of the Stephen King short story I Am the Doorway. So if you want to continue your vibe of unsettled fear, I guess you could read that?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Apparently Tawny Biffen is just Guy Fieri.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Grapplejack posted:

Apparently Tawny Biffen is just Guy Fieri.

The Wen-Tack Tunnel is going straight to Flavortown.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im suddenly 300% more on board w this scarygoround storyline (dont die not-guy fieri lmao)

never satisfied has been really intense lately and im digging it

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
I wanna start doing a comic at some point, so I'm sketching out a short one to get a better feel for it. It's not ready just yet, but just checking, is this the right thread to get some feedback on it once it's further along, or would I want to just put it in the making comics thread? Or both? Anyway here's how the first page is looking so that there's something in this post to look at even if it's all sketchy looking:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Neat aesthetic, actually. I'd probably click next page on that. The monochrome with one Important Object in one Important Color pretty immediately grabbed my attention.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

I wanna start doing a comic at some point, so I'm sketching out a short one to get a better feel for it. It's not ready just yet, but just checking, is this the right thread to get some feedback on it once it's further along, or would I want to just put it in the making comics thread? Or both? Anyway here's how the first page is looking so that there's something in this post to look at even if it's all sketchy looking:

Making comics thread would be the place for it but that thread is pretty low activity now. So maybe try both that one and this one to maximize your chances on getting feedback. Neither thread is so busy that posting in both should be a problem.

Hell at this point, you might want to try putting the occasional page in the daily drawing thread too, cause at least that gets a fair amount of traffic. That could help with getting feedback on specific pages anyways. There's probably still a few comic artists in there that don't participate in the other comic threads anymore.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pretty page mockup plague, id give the intro to this comic a try

lately in demon street: sometimes you gotta take the wins you can get

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Oh god, you can really feel Sonny and Jack's judgment for Linton in this strip.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Dabir posted:

Whatever she does, it makes little enough that his dad posting a wad of cash through the door is meaningfully helpful.

Re: strip mom. I just realized, that probably wasn't gmans dad posting money through the slot, it was probably loose bills earned while flashing her dirty pillows.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ava's Demon has been updating regularly(ish) again.

Someone please hug her, thank you.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Astral Aves is thiiiiis close to moving the main plot forward, yet somehow continues to furiously tapdance around it like a spider circling a drain.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I have no idea who this green guy is but I admire his meat-headed dedication to spelling "bulge" wrong.

(if it turns out that wasn't actually intentional please don't change it)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

iospace posted:

Ava's Demon has been updating regularly(ish) again.

Someone please hug her, thank you.

I think that would just get you burned.

I hope she gets some comfort soon, though. Even if I know this isn't that kind of story.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ava's demon has probably the most repellent cast i've ever seen in a webcomic that wasn't about videogames

ava herself is merely stammering and passive but absolutely everyone else is so awful

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

ava's demon has probably the most repellent cast i've ever seen in a webcomic that wasn't about videogames

ava herself is merely stammering and passive but absolutely everyone else is so awful

Well they are fifteen.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

Well they are fifteen.

the millennia-old demon aliens are horrible too!

and so is the robot of indeterminate age and gender, though they do (well, did) have a fantastic haircut

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Oxxidation posted:

i have no sense of the plot trajectory, the cast all hate each other and just kind of seem to be spiraling into self-destruction

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Ava's Demon: Where the entire plot can be summed up as "And then it got worse."

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

SGR: I’m trying to think if there’s anything worse than being the Guy Fieri of unboxing. I guess maybe being a rapist, maybe.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

SGR: I’m trying to think if there’s anything worse than being the Guy Fieri of unboxing. I guess maybe being a rapist, maybe.

but you repeat yourself

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

fish man

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

poo poo. Don't even loving joke about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

NEVER SAY HIS NAME.