Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:munch: SECRET ENDING :munch:

This is pretty crazy yall, we wanted to show you as much content as possible and we heard about a secret alternate ending sequence

Check it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgcxlUM8WJk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Fin.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Do you get that on the third playthrough or the fifth?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

goatface posted:

Do you get that on the third playthrough or the fifth?

You have to have max affinity with Gladio, all the "Dumbass Weapons that Your Idiot Ancestors Used that Killed Themselves By Wounding Themselves With Each Swing" and 100% frog licking and Kenny Crow Bench Sitting Stats when he asks you what the best cup noodle topping is, a secret "Sang Raal" option appears, this immediately causes Ardyn to appear screaming "It must be Shrimp!" and you fight to the death then and there. You still die to give Gladio the bloody noodles.

e: obviously as you can see that shocking event means it isn't until like 20 years later and really letting himself go before he brings himself to consider himself worthy of eating it.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
It's okay, take your time with this LP, make sure you get all the DLC done and show off the different choices you can make. You have the time.

Shenmue III won't be out before next year, so you've got at least six months to give FF XV its proper sendoff.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I see

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:20bux: MORE lovely DLC :20bux:

Episode 64: Magitek Gear Stupid

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

A "recoiless" rifle is one in which the breach is not fully locked and therefor some of the gas is vented out the back, evening out the forces and mitigating recoil enough that it can be fired without needed to be fixed to the ground. That being said, a recoiless rifle is not a bazooka, as a bazooka launches rockets and recoiless rifles are cannons.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
This is just what I wanted out of my Final Fantasy game, an over the shoulder shooter without any of the underlying perfunctory mechanics that make a shooter engaging. I feel like if you uploaded footage of Dirge of Cerberus and kept all of your Prompto commentary, you'd make the ultimate videos for this DLC.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Lunethex posted:

Dirge of Cerberus

I only have vague memories of my freshman-year college roommate playing this, so I can't recall if that would be less or more painful than FF15. Also, I think it was one of the only PS2 games that actually supported mouse and keyboard, for some arbitrary reason? Probably still sucks to play, though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Why didn't fuckboy bring a better gun with him when he came back?

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

He ran out of ammo.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

MiniFoo posted:

I only have vague memories of my freshman-year college roommate playing this, so I can't recall if that would be less or more painful than FF15. Also, I think it was one of the only PS2 games that actually supported mouse and keyboard, for some arbitrary reason? Probably still sucks to play, though.

It's a low quality shooter game. Don't think there was a keyboard involved with it though, it was all lock on and pew pew. But compared to FF15 there's way more gameplay, absolutely.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

goatface posted:

He does, and in fact always had them, but can only use them when the player controls him in the Royal/Windows edition of the game. Buy the game again!!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I try to always understand what people see in this or that game and makes them like it. But to this day since the LP started, I still don't understand what anyone's seeing in FF15. I've watched videos of the combat played more successfully than this LP and it's not that much more appealing, especially when it seems like the camera is a hidden enemy present in every fight.

But as an FF game it's bad. More importantly, it being rushed doesn't seem to cross anyone's minds. At it's heart it's just a boy band road trip with magic swords. There's no synergy, the characters each have the personality of a door knob, the ending sucks, you don't even get the Airship until after you beat the game, it's just a total failure in the face of series traditions and expectations. You just drive around killing monsters in a giant, barren wasteland of a game world and maybe do some plot where all people do is stand around fanning their turkey necks. There's no attempt to invest the player in anything that's going on and all of these faux-latin names for everything ensure that nothing is memorable because they are never loving spoken once in game.

I dislike FF10 greatly for a few similar reasons but at least the characters were characters and there was a good combat system behind it. FFX-2 was dumb too but at least it built on that character arc and it was still believable as far as it could be considered.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

goatface posted:

Completing the character episodes unlocks new weapons to use in the main game.
Also the sphere grid had a Character Swap ability patched in that lets you take control of the other party members to use their DLC movesets, including bazookas and sniper rifles.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Just what this game needed, linear corridors and audio logs. :what:

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
I just want to know what wayward game developer looked at Prompto and said, "This guy needs his own story."

At least playing as a blind chef sounds interesting.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
I’m hoping Prompto’s existential crisis includes knocking the helmet off one of those magic soldiers to reveal they have the same stupid hair.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hope it only happens if you hit the selfie button.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Take a selfie when you're about to get hit by a rocket

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I hope ignis's dlc is just some incomprehensible bullshit final fantasy chess or something

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
This is such poo poo.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen

Zenostein posted:

I hope ignis's dlc is just some incomprehensible bullshit final fantasy chess or something

I hope it's Cooking Mama with a black screen.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zenostein posted:

Five hours of black screen.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Episode 65: Arctic Blunder

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
I've always wondered if anyone in the empire knew that adryan was a secret lucan. Cause science man would've blown his dome if he found out.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I find it funny that Prompto looks more fun to use than Noctis, since you are at least in control of what he does.

Also I'm still not sure if Prompto was supposed to have known about being an evil test tube baby the entire time or not. He's showing mild surprise, but it doesn't come off either way. Also he had that barcode on his entire life, did he never question that?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I don't know why, but the fact that Prompto was a chunkity-rear end nerd as a child is insanely funny to me.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Aranea might have been a good character if they ever showed the step between "badass dragoon mercenary just in it for a paycheck" and "humanitarian working in direct opposition to her former employers"

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Nihilarian posted:

Aranea might have been a good character if they ever showed the step between "badass dragoon mercenary just in it for a paycheck" and "humanitarian working in direct opposition to her former employers"

Don't be silly, nothing in this game could have ever been good or interesting.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Kase moch posted:

Don't be silly, nothing in this game could have ever been good or interesting.

They'll probably still sell people a DLC adventure about it, though.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Cerebral Bore posted:

I don't know why, but the fact that Prompto was a chunkity-rear end nerd as a child is insanely funny to me.

Honestly that design decision is the boldest thing this incredibly milquetoast anime game has done. In anime it would probably be a big deal for a character to overcome how they were as a child versus how they are in the present, but like everything else in this game, it is only a mere suggestion of a writing archetype, not actual substance. And besides lmao kids are normally chunky anyway, that's nothing special or dramatic but the game might try and paint it like it is.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

EagerSleeper posted:

Honestly that design decision is the boldest thing this incredibly milquetoast anime game has done. In anime it would probably be a big deal for a character to overcome how they were as a child versus how they are in the present, but like everything else in this game, it is only a mere suggestion of a writing archetype, not actual substance. And besides lmao kids are normally chunky anyway, that's nothing special or dramatic but the game might try and paint it like it is.

There's an anime ova about him as a fat middle schooler that picks up jogging because he wants to lose weight and become pretty so Luna will like him.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

So Prompto is the only one with a meaningful character arc.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Gruckles posted:

There's an anime ova about him as a fat middle schooler that picks up jogging because he wants to lose weight and become pretty so LunaNoct will like him.

ftfy. No, I'm not joking. Yes, I'm sad that I know that. :negative:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lunethex posted:

So Prompto is the only one with a meaningful character arc.

I think meaningful is pushing it.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
real cool to see them completely retreading the plot beats of main character rejecting his inheritance and moping while others wildly shout at him about snapping out, it was tedious the first time but now since it's happening twice to two different characters it's deep and artsy

GhostofJohnMuir fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 25, 2018

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Episode 66: Caring Prompto Units

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
https://imgur.com/a/WpO8gSx

Just gonna drop this right here, real quick.

• Locked thread