Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

site posted:

Tbh I'm not entirely sure at this point. The implication is they are slaves who take or are given names from wakandan legend and that this takes place far in the future. but he also seems to have memory of who I'm guessing is storm.

I'm assuming this will be explained as we go on

Yeah the memories are what's throwing me off. But I really liked this first issue so it's something I'll continue getting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I really liked the alarm going "ORORORORORORORO". Fun stuff.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol i didnt even notice that

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Android Blues posted:

I really liked the alarm going "ORORORORORORORO". Fun stuff.

:eyepop: that’s incredible. I also really liked the start, it’s weird so I hope issue 2 resolves the biggest mysteries

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So why's doom bad and scarred again?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
bendis had doom show up and fight the hood who is a demon and the hood demon shoots some magic poo poo in his face at point blank

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yeah I thought the Doom part was some rushed bullshit to get him back to scarred Doom for when FF comes back. Everything else was good though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Doom does a thing mortals are not allowed to do to beat the Hood's demon and I seems to have scarred him again.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah doom literally shows up, doesnt say a word the whole fight, eats a blast to the face, and then without explaining anything doom is back in latveria face down in the rubble of his busted castle and we get this

like did bendis even try

site fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 25, 2018

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

site posted:

like did bendis even try

A question for the ages

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A good Doom interacting with or even joining the FF would have been cool, but whatever status quo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that's lame. idk if bendis wanted doom to be evil again or if it was editorial mandate, but either way it's disappointing

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Mr Hootington posted:

A good Doom interacting with or even joining the FF would have been cool, but whatever status quo.

i think its still iron doom in two-in-one??

i dunno if thats changed or not

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I imagine those final Marvel comics were being written from a hospital bed, so I'll give him a little slack on things not being reset for the next run in the most graceful way.

Pray for Superman next week!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah i guess thats true

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was very likely a request for Doom to be in a particular place for Slott's F4.

Which will be terrible.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

yeah doom literally shows up, doesnt say a word the whole fight, eats a blast to the face, and then without explaining anything doom is back in latveria face down in the rubble of his busted castle and we get this

like did bendis even try

Yeah, it's not quite that. There's a bunch of dialog about Doom casting a spell that he shouldn't be able to. It could have been better explained, but I think Bendis had a page count to hit and it suffered as a result.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i mean, we get this

but like, that doesnt explain anything either

what spell, why is he doing it, what does it do, how did he end up back in latveria, bendis just writes all this off with no one knows :shrug:

we'll see if slott picks it up or not i guess

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/999850881548980224

edit: And nobody told me Frazer Irving was on Doc Strange :mad:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 25, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Frazer Irving just shows up to do random issues of stuff. He had a really good issue of Guardians of the Galaxy last year.

He rules. That panel rules.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

Frazer Irving just shows up to do random issues of stuff.

Totally. His Origin of Skeletor one-shot is the only thing I've read from DC's He-Man reboot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

What in the actual gently caress?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Isn't activated charcoal a scam and actually bad for you?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Waffleman_ posted:

It's actually not bad for things like gas or halitosis, and eating activated charcoal is a treatment option for several kinds of poison and toxin exposure. It can absorb substances from your system before they're absorbed and then get harmlessly excreted.

However, that also means that it can absorb any medication you're on before it finishes working, such as antidepressants or birth control. Just taking activated charcoal for the sheer hell of it, or as part of a "cleanse," can cause more problems and solve none.

That being said, if somebody's just using enough of it so it's basically food coloring, I don't think it'd cause any problems. I know that using charcoal as a treatment regimen means you have to pound it by the spoonful.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

Waffleman_ posted:

That's your take away from a picture of someone pouring nine pounds of black goo onto a steak?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've seen so much dumb poo poo at restaurants that I've become numb.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

By freak co-incidence, they have created a perfect facsimile, as melting cheddar is also how the Venom symbiote smells, tastes, and feels to the touch. That's my headcanon and I encourage you to adopt it as yours.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's way too much cheese for that steak.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Here’s what a good steak needs: nothing. It needs nothing.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

That's way too much cheese for that steak.

You mean not enough steak for that cheese.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's rare that Venom is actually steak and not just sizzle so I consider that a well-done ad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

frodnonnag posted:

You mean not enough steak for that cheese.

Look the steak portion of the meal is clearly complete, it's too late to change your mind because you ordered the 8oz sirloin instead of the 12oz you goddamned pansy just eat two more of those yeast rolls your mother clearly loves.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Look the steak portion of the meal is clearly complete, it's too late to change your mind because you ordered the 8oz sirloin instead of the 12oz you goddamned pansy just eat two more of those yeast rolls your mother clearly loves.

You shut your whore mouth about my mother. If i want a 16 oz steak i get a 16 oz steak.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

I'm grillin' steaks tonight.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
The Willie Brothers are clearly going all in on the Venom Cheese concept, hoping that being in Indonesia will keep Disney's lawyers at bay.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Android Blues posted:

By freak co-incidence, they have created a perfect facsimile, as melting cheddar is also how the Venom symbiote smells, tastes, and feels to the touch. That's my headcanon and I encourage you to adopt it as yours.

It's mozzarella tho

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why is that person putting liquid poop on their steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Please go to a doctor if that's what your poop looks like.

EDIT: Or stop eating so much activated charcoal and/or symbiote.

• Locked thread