Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Is mch good yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

please knock Mom! posted:

Is mch good yet?

Good? Yes. Fun? Hell no.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Finally got to the trial on normal mode. I've only got BLM geared enough to enter the EX version and I'm absolutely terrified because of all the goddamn movement required. Fun fight though, and great visuals/music.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Rainuwastaken posted:

Finally got to the trial on normal mode. I've only got BLM geared enough to enter the EX version and I'm absolutely terrified because of all the goddamn movement required. Fun fight though, and great visuals/music.

I swear I time my running into the center on the fan things the same every time and sometimes get wrecked still.

That trial just shits out damage and since I'm maining WHM now it's intense.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Mordiceius posted:

The MSQ this patch owns so hard and I can't wait to see where it goes.

:same:

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I'm just impressed at how utterly loathsome a villain they wrote. You'd expect him to have some kind of redeeming feature, or at least a Freudian excuse or something, but nope! He's just a piece of trash, always was a piece of trash, and would continue being a piece of trash except for the whole dying thing. His agonizing death was like honest-to-god satisfying, which either means he's a well-done bad guy or I'm a terrible person. Or both.

I really wish that they had given us the option of just flat-out telling him, "you failed Zenos," before he died. I wanted to hit him in his pride so bad after all of his incessant blathering.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The Grimace posted:

:same:

I really wish that they had given us the option of just flat-out telling him, "you failed Zenos," before he died. I wanted to hit him in his pride so bad after all of his incessant blathering.

He didn't though? The situation played out exactly as Ascian-Zenos wanted.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

please knock Mom! posted:

Is mch good yet?

Midnightghoul posted:

Good? Yes. Fun? Hell no.

I want to like MCH so bad. I leveled it up in the hopes of having another off-job to chill with. Then, I leveled up Bard afterward and Bard is just so much more chill to play while doing all of the same things but having none of the strain. MCH just has so many ways to unintentionally gently caress yourself over. I really do love the new animations for the overheated attacks. The job has so much potential, but they really want to lock it into this convoluted mess it's currently in.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

That doesn't mean I can't taunt him. :colbert:

Also, I'd say the verdict's still kind of out on that. Maxima is now in control of the Populares party and if he and Alphinaud do manage to get back to Garlemald, they'll have their own truthful version of what happened. It's a given that Ascian-Zenos has already manipulated information to have everyone believe that the primal was summoned by Domans, but having a dissenting group with clout challenge that idea would sew some discord. That seems to be pretty much the entire reason for the attack during the solo instance, to nip them in the bud before they could even be an issue.

The Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 25, 2018

slev
Apr 6, 2009

The way pugs are trying to handle meteors in the new EX is real dumb

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I'm guessing he didn't expect that Maxima would call Asahi on his bullshit and definitely didn't expect them to walk away from the airship crash, though.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

The Grimace posted:

That doesn't mean I can't taunt him. :colbert:

Also, I'd say the verdict's still kind of out on that. Maxima is now in control of the Populares party and if he and Alphinaud do manage to get back to Garlemald, they'll have their own truthful version of what happened. It's a given that Ascian-Zenos has already manipulated information to have everyone believe that the primal was summoned by Domans, but having a dissenting group with clout challenge that idea would sew some discord. That seems to be pretty much the entire reason for the attack during the solo instance, to nip them in the bud before they could even be an issue.

I was surprised when Maxima turned out to be a true believer in the Populares. I figured Zenos would have a few other loyalists rather than just Asahi.

I guess the attack in the Burn was his failsafe plan, given that apparently only Asahi was in on the deception.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
So, is Asahi the most prominent gay character in the game right now?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Rand Brittain posted:

So, is Asahi the most prominent gay character in the game right now?

no, that's the MC

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the WoL is a powerful bisexual volcel

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Midnightghoul posted:

Fun? Hell no.

:wrong:

You have a flamethrower and the single best LB3.

Countblanc posted:

The volcel part is only there because of the COWARDICE of squenix. luckily balmung fights back against the oppression and besides my WoL's love interested died, rip best knight ty for protecting me

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Well, Aymeric and Haurchefant are bi, if that counts.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The Grimace posted:

I want to like MCH so bad. I leveled it up in the hopes of having another off-job to chill with. Then, I leveled up Bard afterward and Bard is just so much more chill to play while doing all of the same things but having none of the strain. MCH just has so many ways to unintentionally gently caress yourself over. I really do love the new animations for the overheated attacks. The job has so much potential, but they really want to lock it into this convoluted mess it's currently in.

Funnily enough I don't find MCH hectic at all and dislike playing BRD for too long because of all the drat procs.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

I guess the attack in the Burn was his failsafe plan, given that apparently only Asahi was in on the deception.

It actually hit me last night that there was no way Not-Zenos could have known whether or not Asahi was onboard the ship as it returned to Garlemald, and that the attack was probably called in long in advance. I almost regret watching him die in Fluminis, if only because it robs us of the chance to see him realize he's been thrown away by his "master" like a used rag.

Ibblebibble posted:

Funnily enough I don't find MCH hectic at all and dislike playing BRD for too long because of all the drat procs.

HOW. The most basic 1-2-3 combo on MCH is entirely proc-based. I want to like the class but it drive me absolutely insane how often I end up having to smash 1 six times in a row. SE just give me a ranged class with a proper combo system, please...

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rainuwastaken posted:

It actually hit me last night that there was no way Not-Zenos could have known whether or not Asahi was onboard the ship as it returned to Garlemald, and that the attack was probably called in long in advance. I almost regret watching him die in Fluminis, if only because it robs us of the chance to see him realize he's been thrown away by his "master" like a used rag.

HOW. The most basic 1-2-3 combo on MCH is entirely proc-based. I want to like the class but it drive me absolutely insane how often I end up having to smash 1 six times in a row. SE just give me a ranged class with a proper combo system, please...

They did, it's called RDM. :v:

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Mine is a gay elf lady :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

Well, Aymeric and Haurchefant are bi, if that counts.

Haurchefant is also di

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

slev posted:

The way pugs are trying to handle meteors in the new EX is real dumb

at least last night, all of the "clear for one (ME)" groups were assigning letter-markers to roles, and all of the "farm" groups were assigning relative directions to roles

i'm not saying that there's a correlation here but

ok, there's totally a correlation

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Cabbit posted:

They did, it's called RDM. :v:

RDM has cast times and doesn't let me shoot micromissiles at people. :colbert:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rainuwastaken posted:

Sure, MCH has 1-2-3 for a proc, but it's the only one. BRD has like 3. Having to manage dots, song timers and everything else on top of that is a bit too much for me.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

World War Mammories posted:

I was surprised when Maxima turned out to be a true believer in the Populares. I figured Zenos would have a few other loyalists rather than just Asahi.

I was a bit surprised at how well that turned out. Maxima is surprisingly chill about the events at Fluminis and still wants to pursue peace. I have to assume he's sincere because for this to be a double double-cross at this point would be really bizarre. If Max survives the next couple of patches he's probably going to be our (much more straight-laced) Haurchefant figure for the inevitable Garlemald expansion.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

Just use your Reloads to guarantee procs. Go R-1-2-1-3-QR-2-3. If you’re doing six 1s in a row, it’s because you’re not reloading, using your Cooldowns when your Heat gets high, or maintaining Hot Shot.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm just glad that their decision they talked about awhile ago to make less sympathetic antagonists didn't end up resulting in making all Garleans bad guys, just that the antagonists would be more antagonistic. And that we get the Gaius redemption arc!!

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kitfox88 posted:

:wrong:

You have a flamethrower and the single best LB3.

Flamethrower would be cool if it was not used only for getting into overheat every minute

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Maxima struck me as someone politically smart enough to go 'oh, so this was the plan all along then?' when he's been there for pretty much every aspect of it.
Which is exactly the kind of crap the Populares don't like about what Garlemald is doing.

Of course he wasn't savvy enough to know that having people come back alive to say 'that eikon was no big deal the godslayer was right there and they took care of it no prob, we should probably throw our lot in with them if we really want to solve this eikon thing' would be against the plan. But y'know, hindsight on betrayals is 20/20.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Just use your Reloads to guarantee procs. Go R-1-2-1-3-QR-2-3. If you’re doing six 1s in a row, it’s because you’re not reloading, using your Cooldowns when your Heat gets high, or maintaining Hot Shot.

I haven't gotten it high enough level to get Cooldown yet. I admit that makes me a MCH babby unfairly judging the class before it's complete, but wow is leveling it testing my patience. I'm gonna be spending a lot of time in HoH when it comes out.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Yeah machinsts don't really care about the coinflip proc since it matters like...maybe 3-4 times every 60 seconds? And I'm probably overestimating that. It actually rules because you can stack your procs (which, granted, isn't quite as awesome as it was in HW because of the "procced shots don't have a cast time" feature).

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

Flamethrower would be cool if it was not used only for getting into overheat every minute

My (other) favorite use of Flamethrower is AoE damage. Use it at the tail-end of Overheat to snapshot the damage bonus and ride out the 10 second cooldown.

Rainuwastaken posted:

I haven't gotten it high enough level to get Cooldown yet. I admit that makes me a MCH babby unfairly judging the class before it's complete, but wow is leveling it testing my patience. I'm gonna be spending a lot of time in HoH when it comes out.

Yeah, this is a fair criticism. MCH is kinda awkward before you gets its full suite of heat management tools in the mid-60's.

Just remember that an ammo-boosted shot is a flat +25 potency on all shots that can be boosted. You want to prioritize using your ammo for your guaranteed procs, otherwise you're potentially leaving damage on the table from losing coin flips.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

homeless snail posted:

I'm just glad that their decision they talked about awhile ago to make less sympathetic antagonists didn't end up resulting in making all Garleans bad guys, just that the antagonists would be more antagonistic. And that we get the Gaius redemption arc!!

I'm not sure about the last part. It could be that Gaius knows about what Varis and Elidibus are up to and, given his own experiences dealing with Ascians, thinks siding with the Scions is fine if it means purifying the empire before the betrayal happens. In other words it may be less a redemption arc and more an "enemy of my enemy" truce.

Who knows, maybe they'll give him a Sarevok turn in the process too. A bit early to know yet, but at least he's grown past the "I read Nietzsche!" stage given how relatively subdued he was.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Gaius, at his core, was a jerk.

But he wasn't wrong in his base beliefs, he was just a massive rear end in a top hat in putting them into practice.

On the upside, there is nobody better qualified in all the world to help us put Zenos' body back in the dirt. :getin:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gearhead posted:

Gaius, at his core, was a jerk.

But he wasn't wrong in his base beliefs, he was just a massive rear end in a top hat in putting them into practice.

On the upside, there is nobody better qualified in all the world to help us put Zenos' body back in the dirt. :getin:

On the other hand, he had the belief that it was OK to gently caress your adoptive daughter.

So while he’s probably going to be a useful ally, he’d better not be founding any orphanages any time soon.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

gaius's base beliefs were "more for the empire" and "gently caress you" so I dunno how right he really was

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

UHD posted:

gaius's base beliefs were "more for the empire" and "gently caress you" so I dunno how right he really was

Yeah unless Gaius' redemption arc is about him realizing the Empire is hosed and bad and wanting to reform it top to bottom, not just murder Ascians then I don't give a fuuuuck what that dude's beliefs are. He has a hell of a lot more to answer for than Fordola and Yotsyu that's for drat sure

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

UHD posted:

Gaius stopped at conquest. Nael, and a lot of people up in the Legion, are fully agreed that genocide and complete annihilation of a region are in fact cool and rational. He may also not believe in the racial superiority of being Garlean as he had a trusted roegadyn legate.

Edit: He's bad. But there's way worse.

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah unless Gaius' redemption arc is about him realizing the Empire is hosed and bad and wanting to reform it top to bottom, not just murder Ascians then I don't give a fuuuuck what that dude's beliefs are. He has a hell of a lot more to answer for than Fordola and Yotsyu that's for drat sure

It's entirely possible he has come to the realization that not only was he played by Lahabrea, but all of Garlemald are being played by the Ascians. It's really just too early to tell when all we've gotten from him are 7 lines of dialogue. It could be that putting his mask in with the Ascian masks is symbolic to him that his former self was also a major threat.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 23:55 on May 25, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Skaw posted:

Gaius stopped at conquest. Nael, and a lot of people up in the Legion, are fully agreed that genocide and complete annihilation of a region are in fact cool and rational.

"stopping at conquest" isn't an admirable thing, the dude still sucks

Ala Mhigo didn't just turn into a shithole because Zenos took over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

What is with "my power, my pleasure, my pain"?

Why is it needed to unlock the Ridorana Lighthouse?

After 3.0, it seems like all the bad writers got shuffled off to the 24 raid content.