Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Like I totally get the need to have DRM for the first month, as that's when 80%(?) of all game sales are made. But goddamn.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
hyrule warriors was pro get on my part. love me some mindless button smashing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I had it on WiiU but I might grab it for Switch to have portable Dynasty Warriors again. I played the gently caress out of the first Vita one until I got too sick of the insane touch battle gimmicks.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

~fashion souls~

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm debating either getting that or God of War. I've got 60 bucks to burn at Gamestop.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
From what I hear they’re both fantastic. I lean more towards Switch titles these days because my PS4 is our tv media box and is frequently being used as such.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm debating either getting that or God of War. I've got 60 bucks to burn at Gamestop.

God of War.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I jammed up through the burg and decided to call it a night after the tauros demon stomped my face in.

shhh

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
do you hear it?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
loving killer av lmao, i love it

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
loving David Mitchell

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Gotta watch Peep Show my dudes, it's one of the funniest comedies I've seen and I generally loathe comedy tv series

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The sound of Havel smashing my corpse into the ground, as the floorboards creak git guuuuuuuuuuuuuuud?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Battletech is pretty rad.

I've got mostly 50-65 ton mechs at the moment (okay, the one Quickdraw you get from the story) but it's already shaping up pretty nicely. I got a Centurion kitted out with two Large Lasers and nothing else but heatsinks for my waifu Glitch. Just enough heat dissipation to be able to fire both every round for 80 damage. Eventually going to swap into another frame with two PPCs instead, but I need the second PPC and a frame to support it obviously. Hopefully I can get a Catapult or something for my main character and do full indirect fire support.

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

I mostly built high damage mechs so I could delete stuff in a turn and then hide to cool down, gently caress paying repair costs.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
OR I COULD GET AN AC/20++ FROM THE STORE AFTER LIBERATING THE GODDAMN PRISON.

I also bought a PPC+.

I'll be in my bunk.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

OR I COULD GET AN AC/20++ FROM THE STORE AFTER LIBERATING THE GODDAMN PRISON.

I also bought a PPC+.

I'll be in my bunk.

Bring heatsinks!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

mods change my name posted:

loving killer av lmao, i love it

it was a pleasant surprise when i made my first poo poo post this morning

bengy81
May 8, 2010
My time is torn at the moment. I have Vermintide 2, Battletech, Stellaris and Dark Souls III to play and I’m not sure where to spend my time. Please help me decide goons...

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

bengy81 posted:

My time is torn at the moment. I have Vermintide 2, Battletech, Stellaris and Dark Souls III to play and I’m not sure where to spend my time. Please help me decide goons...

Stellaris, full stop.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

it was a pleasant surprise when i made my first poo poo post this morning

Just gonna make the wild guess you pissed off the Warhammer dudes again?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

God of War's downloading. Hope you're all happy.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah proper split screen on Hyrule Warriors really makes it. On the wii-u version one had to be on a tablet. I’ve barely touched it but it seems like good mindless dynasty warriors fun

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Instant death :

Shockingly effective long range support :

Mech deleter :

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

First bell rung with a bit of sunbro help. I'm getting a ton of gravelord infections but since I'm hollow it makes no difference. Currently sitting at the first bonfire past the graveyard with a dead necromancer behind me. Suddenly I realize that I missed a certain boss with dog friends and it occurs to me that I might be going to wrong way to the second bell. Guess I'll find out one way or another. :shepface:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

mods change my name posted:

Just gonna make the wild guess you pissed off the Warhammer dudes again?

either that or the weirdos in the tradgames kickstarter thread v:shobon:v

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

First bell rung with a bit of sunbro help. I'm getting a ton of gravelord infections but since I'm hollow it makes no difference. Currently sitting at the first bonfire past the graveyard with a dead necromancer behind me. Suddenly I realize that I missed a certain boss with dog friends and it occurs to me that I might be going to wrong way to the second bell. Guess I'll find out one way or another. :shepface:

Capra demon?

Pro tip: Run up the stairs to the back, run along the ledge at the back. The dogs and capra demon will fall. Plunging attack your way to making it the easiest boss in the game after that big lava boss you can glitch.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I really want to do this all from memory. It's fun getting surprised by the stuff I forgot.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I really should just move planets and pick up some other contracts. I'm in the system where you liberate the prison for the main story, and I'm trying to do this absolute motherfucker of a random 2.5 skull. Get to the base, capture the item, get to extraction.

Except the base is protected by two Hunchbacks (one 4P, one 4G) and two Thunderbolts. My current setup is a Quickdraw w/ some extra heatsinks, a Centurion with large lasers, a Vindicator, and a Shadow Hawk. I can barely, barely kill the defending lance if I get lucky. I haven't even tried to see what horrors are beyond it when I try to get to extraction, because the damage to my lance is always grievous.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Need to hammer the 4gs right torso, ignore him then hit ps left. Hunchbacks can be scary, especially the G, so you gotta keep your distance. Once you get a dude with high tactics you can neuter them pretty quickly though

Cant help with the tbolts off the top of heads but you can't go wrong targeting the missile ammo.

Anyhow when in a tough brawl I just prioritize neutralizing the poo poo like ac20s and like srm6s.
Don't forget to brave, and always, always trust your fists.

mods changed my name fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 26, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think my issue is that my lance is simply too low level, both in skills and equipment, to really handle something like that. Like my lance just got their first level 5 skills for the most part. I know the skull system is a crapshoot and I think I just ended up on the wrong side of the equation on this one.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Then reload, yea it can be kinda lovely with the reinforcements and poo poo

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Quickdraw is pretty lovely, but with all the jump jets it can be quite alright in the early game as a jumping punchbot if you max the armor. I liked to pretend it was a big dorky ultraman friend with its karate skills

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah I don't really like the Quickdraw at all, it's just mobile and has decent enough firepower compared to what I have access to right now.

If I'm lucky right now I have the morale to do two called shots before I'm done, and I don't have the firepower to really gently caress anything up out the gate with it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Have any of you picked up on PUBG Mobile? It's insanely fun on my iPad Pro.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It was probably not the wisest thing to delete my campaign file. Whoops.

edit: my builds were all hosed anyway, at least now I know what I'm doing.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 26, 2018

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

It was probably not the wisest thing to delete my campaign file. Whoops.

edit: my builds were all hosed anyway, at least now I know what I'm doing.

Just make a backup folder for when you're clearing saves, you crazy

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Basically always plan for the reinforcements. In the late game you're frequently briefed that the opposition is a heavy lance, but it's always two lances or a reinforced lance plus vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Yeah the reinforcements are always there. The easiest way I've found to run those missions is to immediately cut left or right and run along the border until you find one of the enemy lances. If done correctly you can engage one Lance alone and kill them, and then take your time finding the second Lance.