Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
jorge bergoglio, joseph ratzinger, karel wojtyla, Paul the Baptist, Saint Peter, your boys took one hell of a beating!

Praying for 69%, the nicest of electoral numbers

e: loving lol, 69%

WeAreTheRomans fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Awaiting Danny Healy Rae's spectacular meltdown

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

WeAreTheRomans posted:

loving lol, 69%

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1000139277689393153

nice

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
.....69.420%!?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1000140592888909824

nice

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

kustomkarkommando posted:

Hope he has a song about it.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Irish Politics Thread: nice

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Kerry to secede. New Dail hosted in Rae's front living room.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Please let us spare a thought for the alt right at this trying time

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
lol

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Detailed RTE poll got some very similar breakdowns to the IT one

quote:

Among the 18-24 age group, the Yes vote is projected at 87.6%, while for 25-34 year olds it is 84.6%.

The Yes vote for 35-49 was 72.8% and 63.7% for 50-64. The 65+ age group was the only one not to vote in favour of repeal, according to the poll’s projections.

The regional breakdown shows that 79% of people in Dublin voted for repeal, with 67.2% in Leinster, 66.3% in Munster, and 62% in Connacht/Ulster.

The poll projects that the Yes vote in urban areas was 72.3% and 63.3% in rural areas.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Vitamin P posted:

Please let us spare a thought for the alt right at this trying time

Been lurking in the thread but insert /pol/ meltdowns straight into my fuckin veins :laffo:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Detailed RTE poll got some very similar breakdowns to the IT one

If you break it down for people in the reproductive age bracket (i.e. the only ones who should have a fuckin opinion in the first place) that's easily 80%. Probably if you restricted it to women of reproductive age you'd be touching 90%, looking forward to the cross-tabs

e: and yes, I know men don't really have a reproductive age, but you know what I mean

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

WeAreTheRomans posted:

If you break it down for people in the reproductive age bracket (i.e. the only ones who should have a fuckin opinion in the first place) that's easily 80%. Probably if you restricted it to women of reproductive age you'd be touching 90%, looking forward to the cross-tabs

e: and yes, I know men don't really have a reproductive age, but you know what I mean

Forgot to post the gender bit immediately above that line

quote:

A breakdown of the poll projects that 65.9% of men voted Yes, with 72.1% women voting in favour of repeal of the amendment, which provides for the equal right to life of the mother and the unborn.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Please provide a link or keep posting /pol/ meltdowns, I cannot overstate how extremely my poo poo that is.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

As a northerner I am duty bound to sullenly moan at any good news
I reckon what won it for Yes was the fact that the Orange Order campaigned for the No side.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine
More meltdowns please. I don't know any young people in real life who were 'no' supporters, so laughing at /pol/ people is the best I'll get.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

themrguy posted:

Please provide a link or keep posting /pol/ meltdowns, I cannot overstate how extremely my poo poo that is.

Cant really link to anything specific, between the hateful eighth repeal, Tommy Robinson getting arrested and Harvey Weinstein getting arrested all in one day they are going bananas for various reasons and the site is even more chaotic than normal.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I'm getting my dose of meltdowns from the comment sections of the Independent.ie 's Facebook page, which range from "why are people cheering for the idea of killing babies" to the "exit polls said that Hillary was going to win and Brexit wasn't going to happen". I think I'll have a good night ahead of me.

[EDIT]: The above post just reminded me of my favourite crackpot theory, which was the guy on FB claiming that Soros was funding the Yes Campaign so he could wipe out Irish babies to further the Zionist takeover of the world...

PowerBeard fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 26, 2018

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Ah yes, the notably Zionist/Illuminati (((Irish Times))). I'd love to throw some slaps at these lads

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I always find it bizarre to read /pol/ posts by Irish people. They definitely need some slaps. The Internet has a lot to answer for.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Can we crowdfund John Water's plane ticket yet?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Watch John Waters unblinkingly say he is forced to leave his country and travel abroad due to a restrictive culture that doesn't recognize human rights without a shred of irony

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Found the Soros Post, thankfully wasn't too hard to find:

My friend from college got into a screaming match with him over it and the comment section looked pretty horrific

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

Watch John Waters unblinkingly say he is forced to leave his country and travel abroad due to a restrictive culture that doesn't recognize human rights without a shred of irony

Excirah to see which country he escapes for since the rest of the EU are also godless respecters of women and we're just catching up.

I'm sure we'll still get his great insights via an Independent column.

jacksbrat fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 26, 2018

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Man, the Jews do everything don't they.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
lol this was retweeted by twitter king BAKOON

https://twitter.com/john_mcguirk/status/980185280664698885

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Bloody hell you guys

What was the polling like, I thought from my foreign perspective it was going to be close??

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

What on earth is that bit about a "false idol sat on a pretender throne in a non-white country"?

:chloe:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Oh my god McGuirk is the gift that just keeps on giving.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

happyhippy posted:

Man, the Jews do everything don't they.

If you fall into 'the beneficiaries of grotesque inequalities in socioeconomic power = JEWS' then the reality of capitalists fuckin yer maps really easily to the scapegoat of international jewry fuckin yer.

Edit: Don't want to derail into alt right stuff on what is a historical and wonderful day for irish people.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

irlZaphod posted:

What on earth is that bit about a "false idol sat on a pretender throne in a non-white country"?

I think it's about the Pope, which means that group of Nazi cosplayers is simultaneously pro- and anti- religious domination I guess? Best not to waste too much time on deciphering the irony-poisoned ramblings of hikikomori wastemen

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

irlZaphod posted:

I'm going to guess the Pope, as he is :siren: Non-white :siren: Pretending to be like God :siren:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

El Grillo posted:

Bloody hell you guys

What was the polling like, I thought from my foreign perspective it was going to be close??

There was a couple of polls that tracked relatively close to the exit polls we're seeing - but that was after eliminating like 20% "don't knows", and in the same sex marriage ref the don't knows broke decisively for the No camp leading to the actual results being well under the projected one.

Everyone was well hairy because the don't knows/unsures where still in the double digits like a week out from voting

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
posting itt in my extremely Tolerant Left voice to drink the tears of some knuckle dragging fuckwits

please post more meltdowns, that i may partake of your finest Irish whisky

and congratulations friends! :)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

jacksbrat posted:

Excirah to see which country he escapes for since the rest of the EU are also godless respecters of women and we're just catching up.

I'm sure we'll still get his great insights via an Independent column.
He has a gaff in Spain, of course they've had abortion for years.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Nicely done, Ireland. Well, played.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Let's not start 69ing just yet. Best to at least let them count a few of the votes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

KickerOfMice posted:

Nicely done, Ireland. Well, played.

• Locked thread