Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://store.nintendo.co.uk/games/nintendo-switch/pokemon.list

quote:

Enter your email below to register your interest in our pending title Pokémon on Nintendo Switch and be the first to hear from us about how to pre-order and about other exciting new Nintendo products, services, promotions and events that might be of interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Why sign up for their mailing list when it's going to get reported by every news source within one half of a phentosecond?

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Dehry posted:

Four Xerneas Yveltal US codes

E2LRW4CL2F9

Just used this code, thanks! :)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

It looks like toothpaste

what the heck is wrong with toothpaste

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hey everyone, this guys got a problem with toothpaste!!!!!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-752922074

When this works, this really works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsklZgTpXr0

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ruggington posted:

what the heck is wrong with toothpaste

It keeps confusing me and I try to put shiny zygarde in my mouth

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Hey someone has to be at the bottom, but it's still perfectly usable, I've used it plenty of times. In fact, I'm using it right now!!!

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

I love the chikorita line, it's my favorite starter, but those 1400 Japanese fans aren't wrong, either.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

So many circumstances led to Chikorita being a dud of a starter. The Johto gyms being types that Grass isn't useful against on top of Grass's myriad of disadvantages. At least its cute and marketable.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

agreed. its time they buff the grass type, it just has too many weaknesses

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

agreed. its time they buff the grass type, it just has too many weaknesses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPLpovcDujw

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Zuzie posted:

So many circumstances led to Chikorita being a dud of a starter. The Johto gyms being types that Grass isn't useful against on top of Grass's myriad of disadvantages. At least its cute and marketable.

It doesn't help that it's a defense focused Pokemon with a garbage defensive type.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Awwww, well I still like you Chikorita.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
That's also totally incorrect.

The worst in-game is Serperior who rocks lower offensive stats and a worse movepool than Meganium in 2 games with a bunch of gyms and E4 designed to gently caress Grass types up. Serperiors only saving grace is its hidden ability, which you couldn't get until like Gen VI or VII I forget. Like at least Meganium can learn Earthquake and a bunch of status moves from level up, Serperior's got... Dragon Tail and Aerial Ace???

Seriously gently caress whoever designed all the Gen V starters. They're either absolute garbage mechanically (Serperior, Emboar) or garbage aethetically (Samurott) and they have the most boring typing. Yay, another loving Fire/FIghting, Grass, Water trio :effort:

Zore fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 26, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zore posted:

Seriously gently caress whoever designed all the Gen V starters. They're either absolute garbage mechanically (Serperior, Emboar) or garbage aethetically (Samurott) and they have the most boring typing. Yay, another loving Fire/FIghting, Grass, Water trio :effort:

imo if they gave serperior a mega with lightning or dragon subtyping and gave it dragon moves, and Fire/Ice/Thunder specials, it would become pretty baller. wind up with contrary leaf storm, knock out with draco meteor

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zore posted:

That's also totally incorrect.

The worst in-game is Serperior who rocks lower offensive stats and a worse movepool than Meganium in 2 games with a bunch of gyms and E4 designed to gently caress Grass types up. Serperiors only saving grace is its hidden ability, which you couldn't get until like Gen VI or VII I forget. Like at least Meganium can learn Earthquake and a bunch of status moves from level up, Serperior's got... Dragon Tail and Aerial Ace???

What does it feel to have terminally horrible tastes

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer
Oh jeez, promos reminded me I'm still sitting on a ton of Dialga/Palkia codes from Feb that expire in a few days.

A8ZA 352H Y3JG M5H6
A8ZA 34YD 8P6D QDRE
A8ZA 34PU W3AY PNHM
A8ZA 34NH A2H2 DZCS
A8ZA 34ND KMTK WJEH

Turn in on Moon/UM for Dialga, Sun/US for Palkia. Redeem by May 28.
Please note if you take one or find one that's been sniped. If you want one, you can also PM me or bug me at Aegbno#2716 on Discord. I'm in Pokegoons and Serious Overchill if it makes me easier to find.

All gone.

Recycling Centerpiece fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 26, 2018

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

qnqnx posted:

i dunno, you're the one who likes a weird sealion with a giant tumor on its head?

Samurott is real bad op

Zore fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 26, 2018

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zore posted:

i dunno, you're the one who likes a weird sealion with a giant tumor on its head?

Don't talk about my friend Sealeo like that.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zore posted:

Samurott is real bad op

Tell me your favorite starter and I will tell you why it is bad.
Actually I can't, unless it is Typhlosion.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i was going to say that typhlosion is good for speed running heart gold but then i remembered the strat has been to switch to raikou before even getting to typhlosion for a while now. Well i still think it looks cool and it gets eruption which is a badass move

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

*glances at my Meganium that managed to be faster than Lance's Garchomp and OHKO'd it via Frenzy Plant*

Shhh, don't listen to them, my speedy little tank, you're perfect just the way you are

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lance should have stayed as elite 4 and karen should have been the champion

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

qnqnx posted:

What are you talking about, Gen V has always been the bottom rung of starter pokes. Felt like they were stalling time till they could put all there better ideas with the Gen VI starters

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

gen 6 has the worst starters easily. braixen is good though

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

sharrrk posted:

gen 6 has the worst starters easily. braixen is good though

Gen VI has cool frog ninja and wizard fox. Also lovely chestnut knight but hey its a mid tier gen for starters

Starter power rankings

Gen IV (all good)
Gen I (all good but not quite as good as IV)
Gen III (Only minor design flaws, mostly good)
Gen VI (Good except Chestnaught)
Gen II (Okay all around but kinda boring)
Gen VII (weird gen where all the middle evos are better than the final ones)
Gen V (Samurott is garbage, Emboar loses a fuckton of points for being the 3rd Fire/Fighter and Serperior is loving miserable to use in game despite cool design)

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
what the gently caress did you just say about samurott

otherwise i agree but put gen 7 around gen 6 imo

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

counterpoint: greninja, chestnaut, and delphox all look stupid and i hate them

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013

sharrrk posted:

counterpoint: greninja, chestnaut, and delphox all look stupid and i hate them

the only flaw with the fennekin line is that they are too feminine looking to be mainly male

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Samurott is the worst final form starter and I hate it. It ruins all the cool otter designs its first two forms had and is generally boring and awful.

It doesn't even have the decency to have a unique typing, good hidden ability or gimmick. It just wasted literally every scrap of potential it could have had.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Emboar owns.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Definitive Starter Power Tier Rankings:

Least huggable Tier: Delphox, Meganium
Slightly huggable Tier: Samurott,Chestnaught, Primerina
Huggable Tier: Typhlosion, Emploeon, Torterra, Serperior, Emboar
Very Huggable Tier: Venusaur, Blastoise, Feraligatr, Swampert, Sceptile,Infernape, Greninja
Must Hug Tier: Charizard, Incineroar, Decidueye,Blaziken.

There are no bad dogs. Only good dogs and better dogs

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Latest round of PokéSwitch leaks has begun
Take with as many grains of salt you feel is appropriate
Which fangame did these come from?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Talking starters?

Favourite first forms: Torchic, Piplup, Tepig, Chespin and Rowlet

All the bird starters have exceptionally cute first forms.

Those where I prefer the middle evolution: Ivysaur, Bayleef, Grovyle, Dewott, Frogadier, Torracat

Faves overall: Charizard, Feraligatr, Swampert, Torterra, Serperior, Decidueye, Primarina

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vinylshadow posted:

Latest round of PokéSwitch leaks has begun
Take with as many grains of salt you feel is appropriate
Which fangame did these come from?

headband dude is cool and i hope this leak is real.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I know he's not very good at competitive, but for 7 year old me Cyndaquil was exactly the kind of small friend i needed: fast, rad looking and capable of dealing a horrendous amount of fire damage.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Serperior is especially terrible when you consider it starts out as one of the best stage 1 starters but then it loses its limbs for some reason and doesn't get an interesting typing or movepool or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Pakled posted:

Serperior is especially terrible when you consider it starts out as one of the best stage 1 starters but then it loses its limbs for some reason??

I love Serperior and it slowly becoming the pure elegant snake that we've always wanted. I love arbok and ekans with all my heart but they look doofy. Seviper is also pretty cool, but it's not elegant really.