Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
How many loose teeth are there in a single block of Venom cheese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here’s what a good steak needs: nothing. It needs nothing.

Potatoes, and some steamed veggies.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lobok posted:

It's rare that Venom is actually steak and not just sizzle so I consider that a well-done ad.

Looks medium-rare, but I'm not going to start a steak argument.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Lobok posted:

It's rare that Venom is actually steak and not just sizzle so I consider that a well-done ad.

Eh, the ad is pretty warmed over given how stale and undercooked the charcoal craze was.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like creamed spinach with my steak mmmmmm

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

we'll see if slott picks it up or not i guess

Probably after Slott has an arc where the schlubby Mole-Man switches brains with Reed Richards in an effort to prove he is a better father and scientist and husband to Sue. :v:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jiro posted:

Probably after Slott has an arc where the schlubby Mole-Man switches brains with Reed Richards in an effort to prove he is a better father and scientist and husband to Sue. :v:

He wouldn’t never cheat on aunt may!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jiro posted:

this but doom instead of mole man

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

That's called Secret Wars (the 2015 one).

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

No no no, a SCHLUBBY squat fat man (see Otto Octavius). Not a former god, already badass, handsome man/good uncle.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jiro posted:

No no no, a SCHLUBBY squat fat man (see Otto Octavius). Not a former god, already badass, handsome man/good uncle.

Mole man is already peters Uncle!! What is next taking away his trash eating raccoon son?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Jiro posted:

i mean, he failed at being a god, probably destroyed any good will he had with valeria by kidnapping and mindwiping her, is no longer handsome man and his country is a wreck he doesnt have much going for him right now

site fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 25, 2018

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

site posted:

i mean, he failed at being a god, probably destroyed any good will he had with valeria by kidnapping and mindwiping her, is no longer handsome man and his country is a wreck he doesnt have much going for him right now

RICHARDS :doom: is not on earth

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

i mean, he failed at being a god, probably destroyed any good will he had with valeria by kidnapping and mindwiping her, is no longer handsome man and his country is a wreck he doesnt have much going for him now

Doom failed at nothing, his visage is always and will always be better and more handsome than RICHARDS!!!! :doom: Please Latveria is usually in some state of decay for whatever reason and is usually brought back up to speed pretty quickly. :smug:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

bobkatt013 posted:

RICHARDS :doom: is not on earth

That's going to change in a couple of months.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
we are talking about this literally in context of slotts upcoming ff book so i would hope reed is there lol

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here’s what a good steak needs: nothing. It needs nothing.

American purism about steak is the weirdest goddamn thing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Lurdiak posted:

You know what steak purism reminds me of? That Vampires are a big thing in the X-Men even though you'd never think they were, if you weren't a comics' fan.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Vampires, Leprechauns, and Aliens feature way more heavily in X-men than you'd think.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Shawn posted:

Vampires, Leprechauns, and Aliens feature way more heavily in X-men than you'd think.

When's the Corsair movie, Fox Studios?! :argh:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Brood vs Alien

No matter who wins, we will all be confused.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Americans take everything too far.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

hadji murad posted:

Americans take everything too far.

it's all we have left!!! plain steak and ketchup!!

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Billzasilver posted:

it's all we have left!!! plain steak and ketchup!!

Hopefully not together.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Its not american unless theres mayo on that steak

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

site posted:

:barf:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I’ve seen you guys sell frozen hot dogs with melted cheese already inside them.

So you’ve also still got that.

Covok
May 27, 2013

So, let's actually talk about Marvel Comics. How does everyone feel about Spectacular Spider-Man? I finally read the first three issues and while I do like the series it does feel all over the place. It feels like it keeps jumping to a new tone and adventure. It started out as just dealing with some people using stolen Tech and a hacked phones. Now he's dealing with alternate timelines and it's all the same storyline.

Furthermore, it's really weird how all of this is still taking place before secret Empire. The story never had a chance to stop and advance the timeline so none of Secret Empires happened yet. And that's just really weird at this point.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

site posted:

wtf

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Look the steak portion of the meal is clearly complete, it's too late to change your mind because you ordered the 8oz sirloin instead of the 12oz you goddamned pansy just eat two more of those yeast rolls your mother clearly loves.

My mother makes me wheatcakes. ::colbert:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Covok posted:

So, let's actually talk about Marvel Comics. How does everyone feel about Spectacular Spider-Man? I finally read the first three issues and while I do like the series it does feel all over the place. It feels like it keeps jumping to a new tone and adventure. It started out as just dealing with some people using stolen Tech and a hacked phones. Now he's dealing with alternate timelines and it's all the same storyline.

Furthermore, it's really weird how all of this is still taking place before secret Empire. The story never had a chance to stop and advance the timeline so none of Secret Empires happened yet. And that's just really weird at this point.

I actually really like the pacing; it feels like the way Spider-Man's life must feel. We start off looking into hacked phones and all of a sudden we're in way the gently caress over our head and there's alternate timelines and everything is fuckin' crazy and yet here's Spider-Man, muddling by with virtually no long-term planning ability and getting by on talent and a snarky attitude. Always, always in over his head and racing to try and catch up with the pace of his life, never really getting a chance to get his feet under him and take a breath. It feels really appropriate to me.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Is this how you live?!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

It's mozzarella tho

In that case, it's only a nearly perfect facsimile.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I never read Don Cates' Dr Strange before this issue with spider-man and my god, I need to read his whole run now. I love this ghost dog.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I never read Don Cates' Dr Strange before this issue with spider-man and my god, I need to read his whole run now. I love this ghost dog.

I really like it! Especially this last issue with Spidey.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Lurdiak posted:

It really is. Americans love for bland food confounds me. I wish my tongue could appreciate bland blobs of barely cooked overpriced meat. Like a good steak is awesome but it’s crap compared to so much else that is offered in the world. And the best high end steakhouses still do stuff to it and give it accompaniments or cook it in a certain style or technique. To be fair I haven’t had authentic Kobe yet.

Out of all the things to argue about or be pure about, steak? Philly Cheesesteak > $140 steak

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Having opinions about what foods you like is pretty good but just sort of yelling preferences over each other is a dumb thing. Like being American. Or reading comics. Or living.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Edge & Christian posted:

Having opinions about what foods you like is pretty good but just sort of yelling preferences over each other is a dumb thing. Like being American. Or reading comics. Or living.

Eggshell is the worst color a wallpaper can have!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Ugh, knowing that I tread 'pon this disgusting little orb, breathing the same air as people with such wallpaper fragility, truly this is hell.

If you're not spongepainting your walls you should be wallpapering them with your WORM RIDDLED BRAINS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Edge & Christian posted:

Ugh, knowing that I tread 'pon this disgusting little orb, breathing the same air as people with such wallpaper fragility, truly this is hell.

If you're not spongepainting your walls you should be wallpapering them with your WORM RIDDLED BRAINS.

*frothing*TRUMP

• Locked thread