Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Somehow I doubt this survives a lawsuit since you can't even force schoolchildren to do the pledge and poo poo but then again this is the Trump Era and that probably means this will make it to the Supreme Court and in a few years every company or school that wants to can institute a forced daily Trump/Flag Respect session and fire you if you don't participate.

Difference between this and schoolkids is that schools are public institutions but the NFL is a private one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
True, and generally the SC seems to say companies are allowed to fire you for an act even when it's a 1A political statement. The thing I'm wondering about is if language requiring someone to "stand and respect the flag" etc, is covered. Compelling someone to act a certain way while pre-emptively threatening them with retaliation seems like a different game. And what happens when a player kneels and says they're doing it because they respect the flag and what it stands for (which I believe one of the original dudes said they were doing, they equated kneeling to flying a flag at half mast), they just don't agree with the idea that only right wing CHUDs get to interpret what respect is.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
And Foster is free, all DV charges dropped and gun charge reduced to a misdemeanor. The DA will probably face a pretty harsh review, the judge was apparently not at all happy with him.

Edit: Here's a thread w/Judge's reaction, if you're interested:
https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/999426648121401345

Edit edit: Foster is joining the 49ers' OTA tomorrow.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 24, 2018

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's me i'm the extremely cold take about stopping the protests on the Seattle Times Website written by, wait for it, a white dude.

:discourse:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Coldforge posted:

And Foster is free, all DV charges dropped and gun charge reduced to a misdemeanor. The DA will probably face a pretty harsh review, the judge was apparently not at all happy with him.

Edit: Here's a thread w/Judge's reaction, if you're interested:
https://twitter.com/LombardiHimself/status/999426648121401345

Edit edit: Foster is joining the 49ers' OTA tomorrow.

It's a shitshow all around but at least we still fleeced the motherfucking Bears in last year's draft.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Speak truth, Doug:

quote:

In an interview on 710 ESPN Seattle on the Bob Groz and Tom show, receiver Doug Baldwin said he was not surprised but that “I’m disappointed’’ in the ruling saying “the NFL cares about one thing, and that’s the NFL, that’s the NFL’s bottom line. I may be privy to some different information because I’ve been in conversations with Roger Goodell and Troy Vincent and the leadership of the NFL in regards to the Players Coalition and what we’re trying to get out of that. So honestly, I’m not surprised. I’m disappointed.”

Baldwin called the ruling evidence of “a lack of understanding (of the players’ views) and to me this just further punctuates the tone deafness or the disconnect between the NFL and its players.’’

Baldwin also said the policy goes in line with what he characterized as lack of good faith in the league’s previous meetings with players about how the league could best support organizations and charities. Baldwin said the NFL wanted to support organizations that weren’t necessarily those that the players supported.

“It’s more of a PR move to me more than anything,’’ Baldwin said. “Not really trying to get to the gist of it.’’

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Bleacher Report-NFL is scared of Trump

The irony here is that by banning protests, the NFL has made that issue a constant presence. It'll be brought up over and over again because the discussion will now be focused on which player is bucking the rules. They're loving themselves over.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Doug Baldwin, the Last Hope for a Good Seahawk.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Doug Baldwin has always been super cool. Real grounded dude and I'm not surprised he's completely on point

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

algebra testes posted:

It's me i'm the extremely cold take about stopping the protests on the Seattle Times Website written by, wait for it, a white dude.

lol read this on my lunch break and he's basically saying they should stop protesting because it's too effective and that makes white people mad.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
White people suck

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Remember 2 weeks ago when literally nobody was talking about the anthem protests and it had all but disappeared from the news cycle

lol

Nobody in the sport plays harder than the NFL playing themselves

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/999756302288011264?s=19

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Play posted:

Doug Baldwin has always been super cool. Real grounded dude and I'm not surprised he's completely on point

Look how fast he proved it again!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1000076909668024320

Weed charge against Foster has been dropped, though he still may be penalized by the NFL. Legally, all that's left is the misdemeanor gun charge, which probably won't go far (especially considering the background of that charge). Jun 6th is the hearing.

Dude's had a busy off season.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

algebra testes posted:

Matt Calkins is a fragile white hack.

Larry Stone gets it right, though: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/really-dumb-if-nfls-national-anthem-protests-needed-a-solution-this-is-a-bad-one/

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1000076909668024320

Weed charge against Foster has been dropped, though he still may be penalized by the NFL. Legally, all that's left is the misdemeanor gun charge, which probably won't go far (especially considering the background of that charge). Jun 6th is the hearing.

Dude's had a busy off season.

Reuben got a whole career worth of off-season troubles cleared up all at once. That's some veteran savvy right there, to get it all out of the way.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

That's a lovely thought but I really wonder if he can totally clean up this off field bullshit. I still think of him as a ticking time bomb but hopefully all this can be a bit of a wake up call. Dude needs to stop drinking and get rid of his crazy women and his guns

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/scohenSEA/status/999765178404159488

Pete doubles down on dipshit douchebaggery.

(also, that reporter to his right is all of us)

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Pete knows it's mostly likely his last year on Seattle and doesn't give a gently caress.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That's more of a side-step than a doubling down, keeping in mind that Pete describes people as great and incredible the same way Trump does: automatically and without thinking about it in the least.

Him and Peterson should still go make out in a tire fire but whatever.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Love this, thank you

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

That's more of a side-step than a doubling down, keeping in mind that Pete describes people as great and incredible the same way Trump does: automatically and without thinking about it in the least.

"Thought provoking individual...intelligent approach...amazing perspective he has created...in terms of personal/organizational growth."

Sure sounds like doubling down to me.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It sucks rear end that he's doing it about some fascist dummy, but if you don't recognize that kind of praise as zoned out boilerplate Pete-talk then you just haven't heard him blather on about poo poo enough.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It sucks rear end that he's doing it about some fascist dummy, but if you don't recognize that kind of praise as zoned out boilerplate Pete-talk then you just haven't heard him blather on about poo poo enough.

Sherman was right.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
100 emoji

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah. There's 0 enthusiasm, bigger pauses, and none of the specific praise that he usually doles out.

That's not Pete enthusiastically doubling down.

its all nice on rice posted:

Pete knows it's mostly likely his last year on Seattle and doesn't give a gently caress.

What? It is extremely unlikely his last year in Seattle. Unless he chooses to leave I guess.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Seattle is gonna get clowned on hard next year

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
They cut the part where Pete Carroll began to muse about his incredibly clean bedroom at home and the social interactions of lobsters.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
And how he wasn't actually wrong when he mistook ancient cultures depicting snakes loving as them discovering and understanding the structure of DNA because actually they were taking psychedelic mushrooms and seeing science in the future and also the two are pretty much the same anyway.*

*something Peterson said on his reddit AMA today lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
otoh I get the feeling that Pete actually reads enough Peterson that if the reporter asked him about his Sexual Thanos program to have the govt force women to gently caress the incels he'd probably be able and willing to defend it. The only cover I have left for respecting him and anyone who supports him is that they don't actually ask him anything like this.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 25, 2018

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Lol.

Also now imagining the last play of the super bowl and right as Wilson throws the pass Ricardo Lockett turns to ash and then it cuts to Richard Sherman after the interception with his face twisted with anguish as he also turns to ash.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

And how he wasn't actually wrong when he mistook ancient cultures depicting snakes loving as them discovering and understanding the structure of DNA because actually they were taking psychedelic mushrooms and seeing science in the future and also the two are pretty much the same anyway.*

*something Peterson said on his reddit AMA today lol

no hecking way lol

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lol.

Also now imagining the last play of the super bowl and right as Wilson throws the pass Ricardo Lockett turns to ash and then it cuts to Richard Sherman after the interception with his face twisted with anguish as he also turns to ash.

John Ryan all huggin on Kam like Mr Chancellor....I dont wanna goooo

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Coldforge posted:

https://twitter.com/scohenSEA/status/999765178404159488

Pete doubles down on dipshit douchebaggery.

(also, that reporter to his right is all of us)

White people suck. White Boomers, especially.

Pete Carroll, kindly go swan dive off the pier and drift out into the sunset you enablist gently caress enabling motherfucker.

Benny the Snake fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 26, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pete says he 'was in town'. How did he even know that? If I were him I would've just pulled the whole 'hurrrr I'm just a dumb old man I thought he was just a standard motivational speaker'

Instead it's obvious that he's Jordan Peterson fanboy

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

Take it from current teammate Cassius Marsh, who at one point was a teammate of Garoppolo’s in New England.

“I was with the Patriots and he would shred our defense every day,” Marsh said recently, via Eric Branch of SFGate.com. “He’d shred the first team every day, and it looked no different than when Tom was on the field. He’s a much better athlete than Tom. He’s super disciplined and works hard. I’m very happy to have him as my quarterback.”

:allears:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Me too, Jiminy. I could listen to stories about Jimmy G all day :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

“I was with the Patriots and he would shred our defense every day,” Marsh said recently, via Eric Branch of SFGate.com. “He’d shred the first team every day,

so he's as good as Nick Foles, at least

• Locked thread