Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tales of Woe posted:

my favorite Nintendo franchise is the one that's more popular than everything except Mario and Pokemon... maybe im just weird..

I was referring to the mobile game. it seems like everyone took a dump on it shortly after it came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Shampy dropped into one of my streams asking if it was safe for kids, and I said "No i kind of curse a lot sorry bud" and he immediately wrote "You...dont know who I am?"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Maybe a surprise Metroid Prime Christmas release

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The skinship in FE has been replaced with a new shampeh edition where u clobber your anime wife/husband with a tire iro

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

The skinship in FE has been replaced with a new shampeh edition where u clobber your anime wife/husband with a tire iro

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
unlocking new characters in hyrule warriors is throwing off the look of the character select and i have to unlock even more to fix it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Any word on vc yet, debating on buying twilight princess on wii u vc (someone stole my disc) or sticking it out until nintendo wants to print money again

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Control Volume posted:

Any word on vc yet, debating on buying twilight princess on wii u vc (someone stole my disc) or sticking it out until nintendo wants to print money again

twilight princess on wii u isnt virtual console its a full port in hd

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

they announced a bunch of nes games with come with the online service a in a few months but thats all

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

elf help book posted:

twilight princess on wii u isnt virtual console its a full port in hd

But it's the same essential question, are they bringing it to switch or do I buy on wii u again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No clue but I wouldn't be surprised if it wound up on Switch someone in the next decade

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Control Volume posted:

But it's the same essential question, are they bringing it to switch or do I buy on wii u again

let me call up shigeru miyamoto and ask if/when they plan to port it to switch

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

let me call up shigeru miyamoto and ask if/when they plan to port it to switch

Thanks, keep me updated

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Control Volume posted:

It’s cool to own all the Zelda games on the Nintendo Wii U.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

It’s cool to own all the Zelda games on the Nintendo Wii U.

I actually like the ports for Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks better than the originals. There was a time when you could own a version almost literally all the Zelda games on 3DS and Wii U, I think the only one missing was like Four Swords Adventures.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I don't think it's supposed to look like this

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

should be big midna, i agree

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Zelda easily has the magic required to become 50 feet tall. She pulls off far more impressive feats all the time.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Zelda easily has the magic required to become 50 feet tall. She pulls off far more impressive feats all the time.

thats sheik, not zelda

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

zelda is the boy

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I had a virtual boy and like ten games and they were all pretty good, in addition to the aforementioned Wario game and Mario tennis there was Mario Clash which was like a weird incredibly specific type of game where you throw shells at enemies between the foreground and background, I played that one a lot.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Kongming posted:

I don't think it's supposed to look like this

6'1" vs 5'9"

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

I had a virtual boy and like ten games and they were all pretty good, in addition to the aforementioned Wario game and Mario tennis there was Mario Clash which was like a weird incredibly specific type of game where you throw shells at enemies between the foreground and background, I played that one a lot.

Virtual Boy beats Dreamcast for highest good game to bad game ratio

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

fa-GYO posted:

6'1" vs 5'9"

Lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I finally did the tape fix for my pro controller and it works good now :thumbsup:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Frenz posted:

I finally did the tape fix for my pro controller and it works good now :thumbsup:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/forestillusion/status/1001225175998722048

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I see Laurel

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
I was going to say the top of the o in Yossy just got rubbed off, but the katakana says Yussy too. Now I just think it's knockoff goods.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
found this cool FAQ in the games switch thread op

Should I tell the thread if I am sexually attracted to a Nintendo character?

No, you shouldn’t do that. That kind of content would belong more in PYF. No shame here, but this is not the place to hear about it. People tend to not even take kindly to joking about it, because this is a thread for discussing Nintendo switch, not for making fun of deviantart or whatever. That’s all well and good, but before you post weird fanart for kicks, maybe ask yourself real hard if it is actually funny.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
oh, yeah, i also wanted to ask the question i was reading that thread in the first place for. is a pro controller like a necessary thing to have with a switch, like are some games much better with it? im getting one shortly so i wanna know what i need exactly

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

oh, yeah, i also wanted to ask the question i was reading that thread in the first place for. is a pro controller like a necessary thing to have with a switch, like are some games much better with it? im getting one shortly so i wanna know what i need exactly

yeah, highly recommended, its a really good controller and the doghead thing it comes with to slot the 2 joycons into sucks to hold

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

I'd say you can wait if money is tight. It's very nice but playing with the joycons separated while relaxing on the couch kinda owns too.

You can regularly find the pro controller for under $60 USD

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't understand why the Wii U pro controller doesn't work with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't understand why the Wii U pro controller doesn't work with it

they disabled it with the launch firmware so youd have to buy a new one