Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
I mean, humanity was a mistake just in general, so I welcome higher murder and suicide rates as part of my "kill all humans" platfrom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
wow that's edgy and original

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skar posted:

Why is the UKs violent crime rate skyrocketing do you think?

It's not

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Skar posted:

Based on this assumption, should British people as result shrug and go, "well, might as well go all the way, throw out every bit of legislation concerning guns lads!".

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 26, 2018

archangelwar
Oct 28, 2004

Teaching Moments
Hey guys, what about this nonexistant phenomenon? How should that factor into our decision making?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

But Sean Hannity said~~~

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

archangelwar posted:

Hey guys, what about this nonexistant phenomenon? How should that factor into our decision making?

I have it on good authority that the crown outlawed guns so they could overthrow the masses if the British public ever got too French-ly.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Skar posted:

because of the stricter definitions of what's considered violent crime. Under UK law, all "crimes against the person' are considered violent crimes, whereas in the US only aggravated assault and forced rape are considered violent.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

RuanGacho posted:

I have it on good authority that the crown outlawed guns so they could overthrow the masses if the British public ever got too French-ly.

Too bad that they forgot to ban longbows.

MixMastaTJ
Dec 14, 2017

Elizabethan Error posted:

because of the stricter definitions of what's considered violent crime. Under UK law, all "crimes against the person' are considered violent crimes, whereas in the US only aggravated assault and forced rape are considered violent.

Good point. We should really quit inflating the number with rapes. That would reduce our violent crime significantly.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
*clicks rapsheet*

oh it's that rear end in a top hat

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
Young people continuing to own bones. WaPo - David Hogg rallies a "die-in" at publix, the protest gets results immediately It's not because they are NEW internet news, or a flashy story, or today's mass shooting to talk about. This is still powerful, and NRA-types continue personal attacks. Why? Hard to argue against a message when it's "sensibility and reason." Assault the messenger.

:thumbsup:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I remember posting Ban Guns in GBS and someone telling me it wouldn't happen in our lifetime. Lol. Young people are going to be so turned off by guns that whining about how people don't know the difference between a semi and fully automatic weapon won't stop anything.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Young people don't vote so who gives a poo poo

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

banned from Starbucks posted:

Young people don't vote so who gives a poo poo

young people don’t stay young forever and old people don’t live forever

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

no but they grow up get jobs and lose interest.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

no but they grow up get jobs and lose interest.

Right, that's why no society has ever experienced generational change

... hmm wait a minute

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Judakel posted:

I remember posting Ban Guns in GBS and someone telling me it wouldn't happen in our lifetime. Lol. Young people are going to be so turned off by guns that whining about how people don't know the difference between a semi and fully automatic weapon won't stop anything.

I know this one! The difference between a semi and a fully automatic weapon is a 5 minutes polishing the mechanism with a q-tip. Or maybe they got a spring installed crooked and it tends to brrrt all the bullets downrange at once. Or they bought a BATF legal "paperweight" (Google that one yourself, I'm not linking it) for $85, filed off the casting marks and dropped it in their AR, making it an illegal full-auto with no NFA registration.

I'm picking on glock here because glocks are notorious for "accidentally" going fullauto over the most minor issues.

Here's a fun passtime: read gunhumper forums for how many times "good guy with gun" does something insanely stupid. My favorite is the cop who dropped his service weapon, made a drunken grab for it by the trigger, and blew a hole in the arm of an 18 month old downstairs. He claimed he "dropped it and it went off", of course, but they always leave out that "tried to catch it" part. 5 posts later a guy defends glock by saying "Yeah, I left a loaded gun in my overnight bag when at a friends house, forgot it was there and threw it hard enough it took a chunk out of the floor. It didn't go off though :downs:"

The best people, who should absolutely be allowed to own whatever killing machines their heart desires.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Harik posted:

The best people, who should absolutely be allowed to own whatever killing machines their heart desires.

I don't get why Americans glorify cops. Right now even lily white kids get gunned down by trigger-happy or flat-out idiotic cops for no good reason at an alarming rate, so there should be no demographic left that thinks of cops as anything but the biggest gang on the block.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

It’s old, affluent white Americans who lionize cops. Unfortunately, they’re the demographic with all the money and power.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

suck my woke dick posted:

I don't get why Americans glorify cops. Right now even lily white kids get gunned down by trigger-happy or flat-out idiotic cops for no good reason at an alarming rate, so there should be no demographic left that thinks of cops as anything but the biggest gang on the block.

The Left: Cops are dumb, worthless, lazy and bad at their job. gently caress cops

also the Left: lol why do you need a gun just like call the cops or something

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

The Left: Cops are dumb, worthless, lazy and bad at their job. gently caress cops

also the Left: lol why do you need a gun just like call the cops or something

Sane people: maybe if everyone had less death machines it would help

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

cool get literally every criminal to disarm and i guess we'll talk

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

yeah i mean why have laws at all

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

You seem to think that no other country has ever successfully implemented effective gun control but I assure you that you're wrong

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Even if you don't fully disarm the police they shouldn't have service pistols because they'll pull them on literally anyone when they arrive on a scene where they believe there might be a weapon, cell phone or god forbid, minority.

They've been watching too many cop procedurals.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Chief of Police: Ok its time to execute these warrants and take all the bads guys guns away. Turn in your own guns first we're only using night stic...hey wheres everyone going?"

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Chief of Police: Ok its time to execute these warrants and take all the bads guys guns away. Turn in your own guns first we're only using night stic...hey wheres everyone going?"

Sir, please, for planetary safety, please keep these examples of impenetrable density outside the local Ort cloud.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Personally I think we should just round up the gun lovers, stick them in pools with turbines over them, and then tell them their guns are in the process of being taken away. The impotent thrashing and red faces should be enough to create enough steam to power a city.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Only 1 thing can be bad at once and not 2, said a stable genius bigly.

Huge numbers of private weapons in the hands of psychos and dipshits plus trigger happy moron cops does in fact equal a complete loving mess.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

sean10mm posted:

Only 1 thing can be bad at once and not 2, said a stable genius bigly.

Huge numbers of private weapons in the hands of psychos and dipshits plus trigger happy moron cops does in fact equal a complete loving mess.

It's just too bad that we can't do anything at all to fix it.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Alhazred posted:

It's just too bad that we can't do anything at all to fix it.

Nobody ever has, if you assume the rest of the developed world isn't real!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

sean10mm posted:

Nobody ever has, if you assume the rest of the developed world isn't real!

Only places like Jamaica and Venezuela where gun regulations have failed is real.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

that's what we're going to do, starting with you

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Yes, because rational people are stating that this would take a weekend. :rolleyes: It will take a generation, at least, to simply get the weapons of war out of civilian hands. That does not mean it's not work worth doing. And a first step to the destruction of the idolatry of weapons.

RuanGacho posted:

Sir, please, for planetary safety, please keep these examples of impenetrable density outside the local Ort cloud.

Oort. :lofty:

MixMastaTJ
Dec 14, 2017

It's a shame there is no middle ground between always guns and never guns. Like sometimes guns.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
It just goes to prove once again that internet gun owners are the people we should immediately seize guns from, as they prove themselves far too irrational to be trusted with guns.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Stretch Marx posted:

Personally I think we should just round up the gun lovers, stick them in pools with turbines over them, and then tell them their guns are in the process of being taken away. The impotent thrashing and red faces should be enough to create enough steam to power a city.

Unfortunately they're all just hot air.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

MixMastaTJ posted:

It's a shame there is no middle ground between always guns and never guns. Like sometimes guns.

Ahh right that good ol middle ground that you'll keep pushing towards an eventual total ban. Yes I keep forgetting how tempting that idea is to gun owners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Ahh right that good ol middle ground that you'll keep pushing towards an eventual total ban. Yes I keep forgetting how tempting that idea is to gun owners.

Indeed, what if they kept pushing until everyone was safe? Truly, the darkest timeline.

• Locked thread