Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Philonius posted:

Third time now I had to abandon a 24 man because they just couldn't clear the 3rd boss.

It's not even that they fail simple math (although half the raid reliably does) , but they die by droves to the other mechanics too, so either the whole raid wipes on the 3 minibosses or its just a slow death by attrition with the boss at 70% hp.

Guess I'll just give up on getting a 370 upgrade token for a week or two, so the thickies can slowly get used to simple questions like 'what is 2+2' .

Don't try to run alliance raids after Tuesday or maybe Wednesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

Don't try to run alliance raids after Tuesday or maybe Wednesday.
:yeah:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Number muncher should probably have an enrage. Like after 15 minutes of barely hanging on during disposes just have it ask a literally impossible math question

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

homeless snail posted:

Number muncher should probably have an enrage. Like after 15 minutes of barely hanging on during disposes just have it ask a literally impossible math question

"this statement is false"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dumb question but when is the best time to use a Thundercloud proc?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Just realized that in the German version of FFXIV, a certain character in 4.3 would likely be translated to Schattenjaeger

Gabriel Knight crossover event confirmed

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Dumb question but when is the best time to use a Thundercloud proc?

imo when the dot's about to fall off, when you have to move, during umbral ice when you need to kill time while mp regens

i am not a professional blm tho I just play one

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

homeless snail posted:

I liked someone on Reddit's suggestion, which is that he has a soft enrage where he begins to ask increasingly complex math questions until everyone wipes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Number 7e(X) where math is the only mechanic and you have to score 80 out of 100, else repeat the course.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I got lucky because I queued for lighthouse and got an in progress that was on the final boss. So I've never seen anything before the the final boss.

That was a weird group too. I queued in, we wiped once because everyone was bad (and I didn't know what the gently caress to do) and then the next shot we cleared it with essentially 17 people. I didn't die once but my entire party spent 90% of the fight dead. They would get ressed and then die with 10 seconds again. It was loving baffling.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

After doing the lighthouse several times now (gently caress you greed rule), Famfrit actually feels like a more murdery fight then C7. The combination of the water jets and the wave thing just ruins groups.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
It's very easy to get into a dying cycle on the third boss at least. Fun fact: If you get ressed during the math you don't get the HP mod and have no idea which circle to stand in.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

My experience with Ridorana is that if you have some competent healers even the shittiest people can get pulled through the bosses against their best efforts.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Foxhound posted:

It's very easy to get into a dying cycle on the third boss at least. Fun fact: If you get ressed during the math you don't get the HP mod and have no idea which circle to stand in.

Quick, what do you need to add to 61847 to make it divisible by 3?

You have 8 seconds.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

HenryEx posted:

Quick, what do you need to add to 61847 to make it divisible by 3?

You have 8 seconds.

Just do modulo in your head, the answer is 2

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

Just do modulo in your head, the answer is 2

No, the answer is 1. Digit sum.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Looks like someone got a vuln up debuff

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

you can swim in costa del sol now?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Control Volume posted:

you can swim in costa del sol now?

Since they added swimming, yes.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

My experience with Ridorana is that if you have some competent healers even the shittiest people can get pulled through the bosses against their best efforts.

Well, mine reliably let me die after math mode by neglecting to, oh, actually heal back up from 8 hp in time for the raid aoe.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Does anyone have the picture handy of the Ridorana lighthouse equipment drops?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Brainamp posted:

After doing the lighthouse several times now (gently caress you greed rule), Famfrit actually feels like a more murdery fight then C7. The combination of the water jets and the wave thing just ruins groups.

Tsunami is a very unforgiving attack.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
To turn back to a topic a couple pages old now I was thinking more about the Burn and the Garlean timeline so I dug out my lore book again which has a complete timeline that works something like this, in in-game years:

1517: First Garlean Emperor, Solus vos Galvus, is crowned and begins a campaign of conquest and expansion
1522: Ilsabard conquered in it's entirety
1523: Solus leads the Garleans into Othard, discovers the Burn, and proclaims that all Eikons must be exterminated
1552: Garlemald conquers Doma
1557: Garlemald conquers Ala Mhigo (having attacked after the revolution which unseated the mad king, a revolution tacitly supported by Gaius for exactly this purpose)
1562: The battle of Silvertear hands the Garleans their first absolute defeat since the start of the campaign. This, combined with the first disastrous attempt at harnessing Dalamud for the meteor project and a sparking war of succession, brings about the halt of Garlean expansion as troops retreat back to held provinces and defences like Baelsar's Wall
1570-1572: The events of 1.0, leading up to the Calamity
1577, roughly: The events of 2.0 and onwards.

So killing Eikons has been a pretty fundamental part of the Garlean military philosophy for almost their entire history.

Bonus fact gleaned from searching through various parts of the lore book: Gaius was 57 years old for the events of 2.0. What purpose does this have? None! The lore book just goes into literally that much detail. I love this thing.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Control Volume posted:

Low level arcanist is some dire poo poo. Summoner cant come fast enough.

ACN/SMN/SCH don't get fun until over 50, it's the worst class in the game to level.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Karasu Tengu posted:

ACN/SMN/SCH don't get fun until over 50, it's the worst class in the game to level.

Dragoon.

I just know that I took SMN to 60 and thought it was a neat class. I couldn't WAIT to get out of Dragoon at 34 once I got Blood For Blood. It never felt fun all the way through Lancer.

SonicRulez fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 27, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ACN is worse.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

SCH is mostly fine at 50, when you get Lustrate, and feels feature complete at 52, when you get Indomitability. That's not too bad as far as classes go. SMN definitely plays like garbage until you get Deathflare at 60, though.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Machinist is garbage until 62, at which point it becomes "merely" painful

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Meiteron posted:

Bonus fact gleaned from searching through various parts of the lore book: Gaius was 57 years old for the events of 2.0.

He's pretty spry for a 60-year-old.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
has anyone been having connection issues in front lines? I keep getting insane rubber banding - DC's like once a match.

alternatively, maybe i set up my mudfish wrong, but i don't think that's possible.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

When does WHM get better? I'm lvl 27 and slowly losing interest.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

You don't get the WHM soul stone until lvl30 when you do the job quest, that's when it begins.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Alder posted:

When does WHM get better? I'm lvl 27 and slowly losing interest.

At level 45 you get Holy and transform into a self sustaining tactical nuke.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You're not even at WHM yet. CNJ is pretty dire since they pruned out all the low level skills, but from when you actually become WHM it's a steady climb. From level 30 on, you get to turbo-stone single targets to death, lv35 sharply reduces the amount of actual healing you have to do with your first "fire and forget" heal over time, lv40 gives you a heal you'll only use in competent groups which is basically never, and lvl45 gives you the big bang, Holy. It's not quite as nice as lv45, but level 50 gives you an off-GCD instant full heal on anyone, PLUS a party-wide heal + heal-over-time in one.
WHM gets some very nice tools later on, too, but it's mostly complete at 45-50 already.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

WHM is not complete with Assize.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Mymla posted:

No, the answer is 1. Digit sum.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I was happy that "Under the Moonlight" was the name of the penultimate story quest this patch, but disappointed that the final quest was not the next line in the David Bowie song.

Points to the person who is named/name changes to Let's Dance with the new title

However, we got Seal lyrics, so that's good. I like that the quest giver literally says "you're good at fetching things."

How long has it been since this RPG cliche dictionary was written? Did the term "fetch quest" exist before then, or was that the thing that coined it? It's got to have been at least 15, if not 20 years now. I remember reading it in high school.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

From Reddit:

NPCs drawn as Namazu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

WHM is never good solo.