Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

The Door Frame posted:

It'll become the Model A of Theseus

I hope so, it should be saved. With some ambition it can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Well, that is certainly something :catstare:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I actually rubbed my eyes to make sure I was seeing it right. That's an awful lot of work to make something so terrible.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Poor Corvette...

If you cover up the spoiler and wheels from the rear angle you can see what was ruined, like a juggalo removing his face paint

(Also wth are those headlight guard things, seems more like some 4wheeler mod?)

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Is that the Dragon Vette from a few years back?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Solar Coaster posted:

Is that the Dragon Vette from a few years back?

It went to rehab and there are still some things it has to work on. Be supportive (be carrying a can of white Krylon).

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Slightly different, but terrible exhausts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbyvwPiFN1c

This is the worst poo poo

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I may have posted this a while ago but here is some poo poo I think is horrible car poo poo:

Subaru, Porsche, or whatever with horizontally opposed engine and loud exhaust system. They all sound like they're running on half their cylinders and can't decide which ones.

Sooo..... Yeah, sounds awful.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

wesleywillis posted:

I may have posted this a while ago but here is some poo poo I think is horrible car poo poo:

Subaru, Porsche, or whatever with horizontally opposed engine and loud exhaust system. They all sound like they're running on half their cylinders and can't decide which ones.

Sooo..... Yeah, sounds awful.

Technically terrible car stuff: the unequal length cheap and nasty headers that people stick on boxer 'performance' exhausts.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

The only good sounding boxer is a turbo boxer.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
bubbly WRXs can sound kinda cool tho

its like the main selling point since the most interesting thing their owners will ever do is crawl to work through 1 inch of snow and pretend like the AWD literally saved their lives

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
This is some of the worst poo poo I've ever seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrz7L-cMFSE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RDAS_WqHEY

stay safe out there friends

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Finger Prince posted:

https://youtu.be/V8Y7Qe5lk4k

986 with a Raby built motor
E: cayman duh

slidebite fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 28, 2018

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Finger Prince posted:

nah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCqqrIDvwk

this is the terrible car stuff thread not terrible opinions thread

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I admit, I've never heard the Ferrari flat 12 or whatever the gently caress, but like every fuckin subaru and a bunch of AC VWs and some porsches and poo poo. Awful.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Too bad Subarus that aren't WRC cars sound like a 305 with a cracked exhaust manifold and a dying TH350

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
If we're doing "post your favourite flat- n cylinder engine" derail, I humbly submit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkP5Svl16Qg

Also, Mazda should put the 26B in mass production and make it an option in the MX5.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Went junk yarding with some friends today. We got to the end of the yard and this was sitting there.

Like, what the gently caress? Who junks a Vanagon? And it was 90% intact, all the glass except the passenger back panel and the interior, while dirty, was almost entirely there. Engine looked untouched as well (probably why it was in the yard). The only thing we could see missing were the wheels.

Edit: Oh and the rear door handle was broken.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 09:03 on May 28, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chinese "Bugattis". Not sure what the donor is.

edit: drat, they're actually from the factory like that, the Shandong Qilu Fengde P8. Electric, awd, 3.5 horsepower, 150km range. They make an "Audi R8" and a "Gallardo" as well.

https://www.drivespark.com/four-whe...578-025711.html

Memento fucked around with this message at 09:07 on May 28, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Memento posted:

Chinese "Bugattis". Not sure what the donor is.

edit: drat, they're actually from the factory like that, the Shandong Qilu Fengde P8. Electric, awd, 3.5 horsepower, 150km range. They make an "Audi R8" and a "Gallardo" as well.

https://www.drivespark.com/four-whe...578-025711.html

Now all they need is a flourescent blue colour scheme and streamers...

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

When your knock-off Bugatti is limited to 50kmh/30mph

Truly terrible

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Roofline says Prius, so it could have been worse.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

cakesmith handyman posted:

Roofline says Prius, so it could have been worse.

Much more likely its a chinese brand.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Much more likely its a chinese brand.

Memento posted:

drat, they're actually from the factory like that, the Shandong Qilu Fengde P8.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

IPCRESS posted:

If we're doing "post your favourite flat- n cylinder engine" derail, I humbly submit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkP5Svl16Qg

:fap:

Old poo poo sounds better than new poo poo. It's also helped by manual boxes, dsg stuff sounds crap due to the lack of gap between an engine going BWAAAAAARP.

Bwaaarp*fart*bwaaaaarp*fart* meh.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This seems mildly unsafe.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have questions

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
thats.....impressive.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The redditor who posted that says it was spotted heading soutbound in New Mexico towards the border. I guess there's a big Mexican resale market for yard sale stuff? A few people commenting that they live in border towns and when they advertise a yard sale on CL or in the pennysaver, sometimes a family or a truck like that will come up and buy literally everything to most likely resell it in a store.

Huh, didn't know that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That dude probably holds the all time high score in Tetris.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Packing up and moving to Beverly! Hills that is.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

The redditor who posted that says it was spotted heading soutbound in New Mexico towards the border. I guess there's a big Mexican resale market for yard sale stuff? A few people commenting that they live in border towns and when they advertise a yard sale on CL or in the pennysaver, sometimes a family or a truck like that will come up and buy literally everything to most likely resell it in a store.

Huh, didn't know that.

I see this sort of thing a lot in Austin, especially near I-35. They'll cruise around on weekends looking for junk and they're everywhere during our bulk collection weeks.

I also saw some really crazy poo poo like this on I-10 between Houston and LA, especially near El Paso and other border towns.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Dayum

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

MetaJew posted:

I see this sort of thing a lot in Austin, especially near I-35. They'll cruise around on weekends looking for junk and they're everywhere during our bulk collection weeks.

I also saw some really crazy poo poo like this on I-10 between Houston and LA, especially near El Paso and other border towns.

I see a fair number of scrapper trucks heading southbound from Phoenix all the time, but never packed to that level. Close, sometimes, but that's still the record. I also see a lot of cars towing other vehicles with a big, neon-pink "IN TOW" written on the back window of the towed vehicle literally every time I'm on I-10 south of Phoenix.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

One of the highest selling oreillys is right before a major border checkpoint into mexico. They do around $8m in sales a year,. Mostly to people coming over the border to buy parts since they are much cheaper here. Some are parts runners for shops, some are resellers, some are just average joes. I'd imagine its similar for furniture and the like.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I see a fair number of scrapper trucks heading southbound from Phoenix all the time, but never packed to that level. Close, sometimes, but that's still the record. I also see a lot of cars towing other vehicles with a big, neon-pink "IN TOW" written on the back window of the towed vehicle literally every time I'm on I-10 south of Phoenix.

I think the craziest thing I saw on I-10 was the Uhaul/box trucks loaded with cars inside of their boxes.

The dumbest thing I've seen on 35 in recent memory was a person in a Ford Explorer heading north, that either had cut rear springs or was running a poo poo load of drugs or other things. The rear end was bottoming out and the front end was super twitchy. I did not want to be anywhere around them.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Rhyno posted:

That dude probably holds the all time high score in Tetris.

Yes, I would expect the wheels to fold under the body with a loud pop and Tetris music playing as the entire thing crashes closer to the ground.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lordy.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

MetaJew posted:

Can confirm, grew up in El Paso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otaku69
May 18, 2003

AWSOME