Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

funny names are a gift that never stops giving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Control Volume posted:

WHM is never good solo.

It's alright. Still technically has the highest personal DPS of the healers, and you're never running out of mana once you get Assize. If you're looking for an interesting healer, though, SCH and AST are heaps better. AST especially requires great reflexes to play optimally now, since you're constantly abusing the short Malefic cast for oGCDs, which gives you less than a second to do things like tossing cards at people and then switching back to your primary target. As someone who loved the grand piano playstyle of Heavensward DRK, I'm greatly enjoying the change.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 27, 2018

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

lost it at Archifishop

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The tragedy of maxing out the height slider.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

I'm Gyoshi-P.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Domans are very silly. I traded in some 5000 gil demimateria for the donation at the enclave, and they gave me 6000 gil for each instead.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

the namazu are officially my favorite beast tribe now :allears:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Domans are very silly. I traded in some 5000 gil demimateria for the donation at the enclave, and they gave me 6000 gil for each instead.

I did this week one and now I feel bad for basically ripping them off :smith:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I blew the weekly budget with a big pile of allagan coins.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

UHD posted:

the namazu are officially my favorite beast tribe now :allears:
The Namazu quests have been *on point*. They're really leaning hard into the "no one finds the Namazu sympathetic" thing, much to my delight.

Make sure to read the text in your quest log, which includes such gems as "resting fish face."

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
i did gazelle maps today for the first time and it takes so looong... Group of 8 people and after almost 3 hours i had to say "i'm out now i gotta go make dinner".

The lost canals are some bullshit though, lemme tell you what. gently caress off with your three doors. 4 visits today and only one of those even got past the first door. That one ended at the second.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I just want to get the Dwarf Rabbit from Aquapolis.
:argh:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

homeless snail posted:

Number muncher should probably have an enrage. Like after 15 minutes of barely hanging on during disposes just have it ask a literally impossible math question

The enrage should be dividing by 0

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The new trial is suffering in roulette and I managed to clear with 10 min left...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Alder posted:

The new trial is suffering

Quite literally.

Did you know there's an extended scene if you let Suffering reach 100 during the last part of the add phase?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I did the Doman reconstruction unlocking quest and helped the Domans in RT out, but I can't sell crap to the Domans in order to get my fat paycheck. What do I have to do to rip off Hien's people? Did I miss some side quest like the lead-up for the Ananta tribe stuff?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Nessus posted:

I did the Doman reconstruction unlocking quest and helped the Domans in RT out, but I can't sell crap to the Domans in order to get my fat paycheck. What do I have to do to rip off Hien's people? Did I miss some side quest like the lead-up for the Ananta tribe stuff?

You put stuff in the box next to the woman.
You can also buy stuff back from a box round the corner too!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

oh no blimp issue posted:

You put stuff in the box next to the woman.
You can also buy stuff back from a box round the corner too!
I click the box and it says "This box is for accepting a lot of items but you can't tell anything past that." But I believe I have completed the quest to unlock this?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

God drat, the second rank of Kenkai Mastery makes me wonder how I lived without it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cabbit posted:

God drat, the second rank of Kenkai Mastery makes me wonder how I lived without it.

The absolute worst part of syncing down for lower level duties is losing Kenki Mastery II. Granted if you don't have that you don't have Shinten either, so your kenki spending options are limited.

Speaking of, if you just hit 62, remember to Always Be Shintening.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Quite literally.

Did you know there's an extended scene if you let Suffering reach 100 during the last part of the add phase?

yes

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Nessus posted:

I click the box and it says "This box is for accepting a lot of items but you can't tell anything past that." But I believe I have completed the quest to unlock this?

Did you also talk to the Roe at the Thousand Stalls?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Vadoc posted:

Did you also talk to the Roe at the Thousand Stalls?
Mitsuba? I did, but she just said something, there wasn't a pop up or a quest unlock or anything.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Thundarr posted:

The absolute worst part of syncing down for lower level duties is losing Kenki Mastery II. Granted if you don't have that you don't have Shinten either, so your kenki spending options are limited.

Speaking of, if you just hit 62, remember to Always Be Shintening.

I assume I want to Kaiten every Iaijutsu I use? An additional 50% potency on any of my Iaijutsu weaponskills for 20 kenkai seems to be a more efficient use of it than spending 25 kenkai for a 300 potency OGCD.

I guess it's sort of moot because I'm loving swimming in kenkai anyway.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Cabbit posted:

I assume I want to Kaiten every Iaijutsu I use? An additional 50% potency on any of my Iaijutsu weaponskills for 20 kenkai seems to be a more efficient use of it than spending 25 kenkai for a 300 potency OGCD.

Yep

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cabbit posted:

Don't even bother using Higanbana, your DoT, without Kaiten. It's an insane damage increase to everything, but especially that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also once you get Hagakure spending your Sen on that for more Shinten is more efficient then Kaiten-ing your Midares, at least when Hagakure is off cooldown.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cabbit posted:

This is a good 101 primer for SAM: https://i.imgur.com/SfSmB1E.png

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Alright, rad, that's pretty much what I had figured on the broad strokes-- Hagakure wouldn't have much reason for existing if it wasn't a better use of sen than a Midare.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Well yes you always want to apply Kaiten for Midare and Higabana. But you will now have way more kenki than you need for just that, so Shinten/Kyuten whenever you can (or Seigan when you can swing it).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm a trash Samurai who only Seigans when I actually remember to use Third Eye before a raidwide attack.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Karasu Tengu posted:

ACN/SMN/SCH don't get fun until over 50, it's the worst class in the game to level.

Wish I knew that when I started the game years ago, I only just resubbed to try to slog through it and gave up at 61 SMN while still in the 3.x MSQ. Started RDM and even through a bunch of quests and roulettes and PotD to 56, feels way more enjoyable and engaging. So I'll grind it up to 60 so I can continue the 3.x quests and finally get into SB.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

What's the level 70 PLD opener supposed to look like? Been trying to puzzle it out on my own, and I'm thinking it's something like: Fast -> Riot (FoF) -> Goring, spam Halone/Royal Authority, fit in one last Goring Blade with Requiescat before FoF wears off, then spam Holy Spirit until Req is gone. Is that about right?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What’s a good basic primer for BLM? I’m at level 17, and I was wondering about my upcoming abilities and mechanics and how and when I use them, since much of it seems a bit non-obvious. For instance, Fire III looks like a straight replacement for Fire, but it’s... not for some reason?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Arist posted:

I'm a trash Samurai who only Seigans when I actually remember to use Third Eye before a raidwide attack.

I play on controller and don't actually have a place to put third eye

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Vermain posted:

What's the level 70 PLD opener supposed to look like? Been trying to puzzle it out on my own, and I'm thinking it's something like: Fast -> Riot (FoF) -> Goring, spam Halone/Royal Authority, fit in one last Goring Blade with Requiescat before FoF wears off, then spam Holy Spirit until Req is gone. Is that about right?

Pretty sure you go into holy sprit spam right after doing your first FoF goring blade, and by the time you're out of mp you'll have enough time to fit in one last FoF goring blade combo.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Vermain posted:

keep goring blade up and i'm pretty sure you also fit two scorns into one FoF. there's not much nuance to paladin, just rotate your buffs and keep your ogcds on cooldown.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Well, in typical FFXIV RNG fashion, I rolled a 98 on the new dog mount :eng101: and got beat by a 99 :eng99:

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

http://www.ffxivrotations.com/1a0e

You basically have it right. You can do an alternative opener where you Holy Spirit right after your first goring, then to FOF, but the FOF-first opener is generally more popular.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Darth Walrus posted:

What’s a good basic primer for BLM? I’m at level 17, and I was wondering about my upcoming abilities and mechanics and how and when I use them, since much of it seems a bit non-obvious. For instance, Fire III looks like a straight replacement for Fire, but it’s... not for some reason?

Fire will be your main damage spell until you get Fire IV. Fire III has a very long cast time and does less dps than Fire. You use it to get max astral stacks when switching between umbral and astral phases, along with Blizzard III, and whenever Firestarter procs off of Fire, giving you a free instant cast of Fire III.

Basic BLM rotation at all levels is to keep thunder up (refresh it only during ice phase or when you get a thundercloud proc), spend all your MP on Fire and then switch to ice to refill MP and refresh thunder. Switch between phases with Fire III/Blizzard III when you have them, Transpose otherwise. It'll get more complicated later but it's still the same core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

Your rotation is going to change every couple levels. As long as you are thinking critically, you'll do fine.

Fire III gets you to full fire stacks, but it costs a lot more mp. You want to use it to transition into a fire phase, and then use blizzard III once you can't cast more fire spells. Make sure you use thunder during your ice phases.