Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

krnhotwings posted:

Well, in typical FFXIV RNG fashion, I rolled a 98 on the new dog mount :eng101: and got beat by a 99 :eng99:

Don't worry...there's plenty of time until 4.0 for farming and who knows when SE will increase the drop rate :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
As a low level blm you can also choose to become an ice mage

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

Tenik posted:

Your rotation is going to change every couple levels. As long as you are thinking critically, you'll do fine.

Fire III gets you to full fire stacks, but it costs a lot more mp. You want to use it to transition into a fire phase, and then use blizzard III once you can't cast more fire spells. Make sure you use thunder during your ice phases.

Fire III is also not as useful immediately when you get it at level 34. It'll skip you up to two stacks, I suppose, which is nice? But eeeh. At level 40, you get a trait that lets you get 3 astral/umbral stacks, and it becomes a lot more worthwhile to use Fire III for that switching. Then you hit level 42, can get Firestarter procs, and things become much more engagingly explosive.

I love this game, but dang, so many classes feel gimped and weird when they're not being played at or near max level. They really need to work on that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Sarrisan posted:

http://www.ffxivrotations.com/1a0e

You basically have it right. You can do an alternative opener where you Holy Spirit right after your first goring, then to FOF, but the FOF-first opener is generally more popular.

Thanks for the link. The Cover -> Bulwark thing is actually really clever; definitely wouldn't have thought that up on my own.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

Thanks for the link. The Cover -> Bulwark thing is actually really clever; definitely wouldn't have thought that up on my own.

don't give me credit - I stole that directly from the balance discord. the people there spend more time doing doing math than playing the game, it sometimes seems.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So I've just started Stormblood.

This motherfucker has a magitek golf bag full of katanas. Tell me he does some heinous poo poo later so I can take him seriously, because I feel like I should be giving him a swirly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He does some heinous poo poo later, but you'll probably still want to give him a swirlie.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So uhh, all those Garlean prisoners we released died in that crash, didn't they? And Garlemald is probably going to place the blame for it on us, right?

Well at least we got our conscripts and I got to see Asahi go out like a punk, so it was all worth it in the end.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

he is probably the character most deserving of a swirlie in this entire game, at least on the villains' side, and that's what makes him so great imho

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I just want to get the Dwarf Rabbit from Aquapolis.
:argh:

I still need two more room seven Aquapolis runs for my title. So just let me know when and I’m down to run it.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

If you can tell your left from your right you can probably clear the new EX trial.

A lot of groups can't clear.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

slev posted:

If you can tell your left from your right you can probably clear the new EX trial.

To be honest I think the new EX trial is the easiest yet. I solo-healed it earlier. I've had wipes but they're pretty much always either the meteor phase or "we get to 2% and everyone gets sloppy as poo poo because it's ALMOST OVER" wipes.

I even got my doggo!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

From what my FC mates tell me, Tsukuyomi EX falls somewhere between Byakko EX and Shinryu EX in difficulty (harder than the former, easier than the latter). On top of that the timings of mechanics in Tsukuyomi are pretty forgiving as my boyfriend was able to heal through it while being afflicted with some upwards of 2 second lag on his actions.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The worst part of Tsukuyomi is keeping everyone stacked for Lunacy. Meteors are pretty manageable in the party I've gone with.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

slev posted:

I can't wait for the 4.5 alliance raid, where we'll be making a stack of three (!!!!) different-colored blocks, as well as learning to tie our shoes and color inside the lines.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I found out from talking to someone having trouble with Mathblaster that something that throws a lot of people off is that they don't realize that not standing in a number is a valid answer.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

XIV more helpful for American math literacy than public schools.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Cabbit posted:

So I've just started Stormblood.

This motherfucker has a magitek golf bag full of katanas. Tell me he does some heinous poo poo later so I can take him seriously, because I feel like I should be giving him a swirly.

Zenos is completely unlikable from the get-go which is why I think he's a pretty decent villain. He's the equivalent of a white guy wearing a conical straw hat while visiting Japan.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I did Ridorana this weekend and the only mechanic I didn't quite figure out was the one where the clocks appear on all 9 tiles, half of them explode, and then the other half explode. Is there a way to tell which ones are going to go first?

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Leofish posted:

I did Ridorana this weekend and the only mechanic I didn't quite figure out was the one where the clocks appear on all 9 tiles, half of them explode, and then the other half explode. Is there a way to tell which ones are going to go first?

The hands spin a lot faster on the ones about to explode.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
It's easier to make fun of players for not being able to count, but in my experience Dispose is the main thing that just mows people down. That being said on day one I did see someone try to vote abandon and then quit in a fury because of his bold ideas about the hot new prime number on the block, four.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Leofish posted:

The ones that explode first will be spinning faster. One of the sets is always an X and the other is the cardinal directions. Pretty much just fancy Titan cross bombs.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Vanderdeath posted:

Zenos is completely unlikable from the get-go which is why I think he's a pretty decent villain. He's the equivalent of a white guy wearing a conical straw hat while visiting Japan.

Yes, yes, just so.

EGSunBro posted:

The hands spin a lot faster on the ones about to explode.

homeless snail posted:

The ones that explode first will be spinning faster. One of the sets is always an X and the other is the cardinal directions. Pretty much just fancy Titan cross bombs.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks. I got lucky the first time and then couldn't figure out how I did it every other time.

I died once to the math ability because when he used Subtract I expected my HP to go down when I was in a circle and I panicked when it went up, but 7 is also a prime number (I was trying to get to 1) so I would have been fine if I had just thought about it an extra second. :doh:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

homeless snail posted:

It can help to envision the arena as a 3x3 checkerboard. The white and black tiles always have different clock speeds.

My FC did a full 24 man run of Ridorania and we only wiped once on Mathman (because his Ozma transition phase is surprisingly tight on time) and the last boss (we got really confused with the adds due to them spawning in a V instead of a ^ :v:)

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 08:01 on May 28, 2018

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I'm guessing this maintenance is to fix Ultros & Typhon?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Leofish posted:

Yes, yes, just so.

:lol: This is the exact picture I was thinking of. Let this moment last forever.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Grimace posted:

It makes the fight interesting but also somewhat painful (latency is suddenly deadly again, you're usually getting it with first-timers these days and even veterans forgot the mechanics). And there's no echo so you can theoretically be there forever if the right people get ring-outs all the time :v:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Strange that there should be a maintenance right now. Hopefully, the sound issue fix got rolled into the hotfix.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

The Grimace posted:

Whats going on w/ that fight? Or was going on, I suppose.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I found out from talking to someone having trouble with Mathblaster that something that throws a lot of people off is that they don't realize that not standing in a number is a valid answer.

Yeah, I made sure to tell that to the last Raid group I went with.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Strange that there should be a maintenance right now. Hopefully, the sound issue fix got rolled into the hotfix.

That was the stated purpose of the hotfix.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Gally posted:

From what I heard, getting rung out by Typhon out was bugging peoples characters out somehow. Like Down for the Count was constantly refreshing its duration.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Grimace posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/f31dfa6b468c3dbfbd31f467eeeebf7a8c586266

Guess not.

Glad the sound thing got hotfixed honestly, it's kind of incredible how much it made me screw up. Turns out I rely a lot on sound without realising it.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gally posted:

Skaw posted:

From what I heard, getting rung out by Typhon out was bugging peoples characters out somehow. Like Down for the Count was constantly refreshing its duration.

No, ring-out works like falling off Titan's platform right now. The player instantly dies and cannot be raised.

Before, it just stunned you for a few seconds (the fight would reset if everyone was out).

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I love it when you get Titan on roulette and someone falls off and complains incessantly that no one is rezzing them.
Especially when they’re complaining that RDM aren’t rezzing.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

kirbysuperstar posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/f31dfa6b468c3dbfbd31f467eeeebf7a8c586266

Guess not.

Glad the sound thing got hotfixed honestly, it's kind of incredible how much it made me screw up. Turns out I rely a lot on sound without realising it.

drat. Well, I am glad that got fixed, in any case. I imagine fixing Dragon's Neck Colosseum is too difficult in just under a week- they're probably only just getting reports about it now. With any luck, they won't take too long to fix it and will revert it at the same time they revert Alliance Raid Need rules. Ha... ha... :smith:

oh no blimp issue posted:

I love it when you get Titan on roulette and someone falls off and complains incessantly that no one is rezzing them.
Especially when they’re complaining that RDM aren’t rezzing.

Jesus.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Leofish posted:

Yes, yes, just so.

:laffo: You just made my morning.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Leofish posted:

Yes, yes, just so.

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks. I got lucky the first time and then couldn't figure out how I did it every other time.

I died once to the math ability because when he used Subtract I expected my HP to go down when I was in a circle and I panicked when it went up, but 7 is also a prime number (I was trying to get to 1) so I would have been fine if I had just thought about it an extra second. :doh:

I hate to tell you this but 1 isn't a prime number anyway :eng101:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

I hate to tell you this but 1 isn't a prime number anyway :eng101:

1 never gets invited to anything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Servers are up.