Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Anyone recommend some new themes? I’m eyeing that dancing skeleton one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

If you like narrative-heavy games like Life is Strange, SOMA etc. then perhaps you would also enjoy Hellblade, which is also digital-only.

Watched a trailer. A game that simulates psychosis? No HUD, just voices in your head? Sold!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Make sure you play with headphones!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Steve Yun posted:

Watched a trailer. A game that simulates psychosis? No HUD, just voices in your head? Sold!

It’s good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Housh posted:

Anyone recommend some new themes? I’m eyeing that dancing skeleton one.

Rez infinite has been too good to change

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I switch back and forth from FF7R to Rez Infinite every so often.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

True enlightenment is switching between the three Rez themes every 6 hours.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm using the one given out on the live site during PSN a few years ago, which is a starry night with the Sony symbols as constellations. I've started to like themes that don't have much animation or motion, since if I boot the console into VR and the dashboard is panning or rotating across my entire field of view I start to feel a little weird.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sakurazuka posted:

SRPGs are a subset of JRPGs

Sony Playstation 4: That's not a JRPG but rather an SRPG, a subset of JRPGs, here, let me list some actu..

Steve Yun posted:

Apparently the 20% off code for watching Detroit trailers doesn't work on Playstation network subscriptions. However, it works on your whole order not just one item so I'm looking for games to buy.

I think I just want digital-only games because if it's available on disc I'd rather have it on disc.

So far I got
- Undertale
- Life is Strange
- SOMA

Any more I should try out?

Celeste.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

I started playing KH Birth By Sleep and I think it's my favorite mechanically. Also no guys in black coats spouting stupid poo poo about hearts or memories or something so that's a real plus.

edit: or does that part come later?

no black coats that I remember but tera is possibly the dumbest video game character I've ever seen

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

HGH posted:

The first part of the big ship when you're all alone right?
It can get rough without Second Chance/Once More if you're on the build that gets those abilities late. Do you have Aeroga? Or at least Aerora? One of them is gotten through all 99 dalmatians and the other's sitting near the start of Neverland near the yellow trinity. It cuts down damage pretty well so if you stock up on Elixirs it should make things a lot more manageable.

Thanks for the info. That the spot. I was like 10 levels underleveled( and didn't grind for ultima) from guides I saw. Aurora got me through it. Just that first part solo, as soon as I could get a companion to take agro for zero seconds I was fine.

Also those fights chain without being able to restock items suuuuuuuuuuux, playing it again saving some for that part of the fight helped a bunch.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

There are 3?!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Housh posted:

There are 3?!

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0751-CUSA05868_00-REZINFINITEDDBDL

There's Singularity, Area X, and Garden of Eden. You can purchase all of them separately too.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sony Playstation 4: That's not a JRPG but rather an SRPG, a subset of JRPGs, here, let me list some actu..

Celeste.

Next time I get a coupon code, looks pretty good

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Playing thru Walking Dead S1 right now. It's good, but Telltale really needs to update their engine, holy moly.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Playing thru Walking Dead S1 right now. It's good, but Telltale really needs to update their engine, holy moly.

That's one of the earlier ones so weird complaint. Play batman and THEN complain.

you can complain, enjoy

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's the same one since Sam and Max isn't it?

I miss Sam and Max.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I've been using the Dishonored 2 Kardak theme, it's pretty soothing.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Is there a reason almost everyone has a copy of the digital deluxe version of Detroit to sell for only $40?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
An entire page without someone mentioning Corn Love is kind of impressive. Though honestly my favorite theme is the Firewatch one, it has a nice day/night cycle and the music is soothing. I also can't speak for the regular dancing skeletons but I bought the Jamaican dancing skeletons for a laugh when it was a buck and its oddly compelling even if the music gets old pretty quick.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Birth by Sleep is really hitting the spot for me. It has all the KH stuff I like but without the hours of unhelpful story cutscenes.

edit: I could tell that Terra would be the most boring so I'm getting him out of the way first.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 29, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Got my platinum for Dead Rising. 7 day survivor is SO loving EASY since you can just pause/standby and do it in chunks instead of a single 14 hour session. Doing the real mega buster before anything else also helps a ton. I think I knocked everything in 3.5 playthroughs.

Game still owns and killing endless zombies while dressed as something ridiculous is fun as hell. I’ll probably give dead rising 2 a shot later on I just can’t remember how annoying those trophies are.

EDIT: oh :lol: there’s a few co-op trophies for that. Nevermind.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 29, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RBA Starblade posted:

It's the same one since Sam and Max isn't it?

Even earlier.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Birth by Sleep is really hitting the spot for me. It has all the KH stuff I like but without the hours of unhelpful story cutscenes.

edit: I could tell that Terra would be the most boring so I'm getting him out of the way first.

Terra, Ventus Aqua is definitely the best order. Makes more sense story-wise and you likely will want Aqua for post game anyway. Also make separate saves for the characters.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
The Last Guardian is great when it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDkQuZVPGBE

but sometimes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDdG3dRy71k

Still greatly enjoying it, although I expected it to be a more chill game. You play it for one hour and you turn into Eustace Bagge himself.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it can be frustrating when Trico occasionally does some stupid poo poo or takes way too long to do what he's supposed to, but I'd never trade it for a more canned experience. For a pretty linear game the amount of possibilities for cool emergent poo poo to happen is great.

We all had those moments though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5zHVFPiqvE

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is there a reason almost everyone has a copy of the digital deluxe version of Detroit to sell for only $40?

Where?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I have not played warframe since release, but If i remember correctly is a game with a solar map you slowly unlock and alers in these nodes. It may make sense for somebody starting to slowly unlock the map has secondary objetive ( with primary grinding what seems fun), so you could show in alerts.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Steve Yun posted:

Apparently the 20% off code for watching Detroit trailers doesn't work on Playstation network subscriptions. However, it works on your whole order not just one item so I'm looking for games to buy.

I think I just want digital-only games because if it's available on disc I'd rather have it on disc.

So far I got
- Undertale
- Life is Strange
- SOMA

Any more I should try out?

Undertale and Life is Strange both have physical releases on PS4.

I have Undertale on my shelf and I think my local GameStop still has a copy of Life Is Strange for sale.

E: Oops, missed a page

Since there's some Theme Talk a bit further up, let me bring up the only theme on PS4 that matters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v2HIbvMEz4

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 29, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

it ... it's beautiful ....

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Smirking_Serpent posted:

:yeah:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I still use the default theme since the store and most other menus don’t respond to themes anyway, which is dumb and jarring.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

The Witcher 3 seems to underperform a bit on the regular console, doesn't it? I feel like shelving it and playing on a better pc later.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Shy posted:

The Witcher 3 seems to underperform a bit on the regular console, doesn't it? I feel like shelving it and playing on a better pc later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4sG21EKGxw

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Shy posted:

TW3 on PC is one of the best-looking games money can buy. Dat tree sway though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Little Big Adventure 3: Geralt's Odyssey

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How much carries over between characters in Birth by Sleep?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nothing.
Though you get a true ending section after you beat it with all three and the playable character in that keeps all their stuff.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

All of these are sold now, but it's common. It looks like around $40 is the going price.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameSale/comments/8mmq8a/h_detroit_become_human_digital_deluxe_w_heavy/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameSale/comments/8m73r6/usa_h_detroit_become_human_digital_deluxe_psn/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameSale/comments/8mqmik/usa_h_ps4_digital_deluxe_detroitbecoming_human_w/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameSale/comments/8ma7al/usa_h_detroit_become_human_digital_deluxe_edition/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GameSale/comments/8mjkbe/usah_detroit_become_human_digital_deluxe_ps4_w/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I still use the default theme since the store and most other menus don’t respond to themes anyway, which is dumb and jarring.

I tried the Life is Strange theme and had to go back because it changes too much