Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Naramyth posted:

Finished up at Plains of War. Wound up placed 2nd with a record of 4-1, losing only to the guy who won it who was playing pure cadian funking guard. Hellhounds supporting imperium herohammer is very good. Next weekend is 2k down at Bugeater, I think I'm going to add a couple manticores to have something so I don't have to charge helhounds with my hammer Bros.

Hope you enjoyed it! As I mentioned those organizers are my local dudes so if you want to offer any private or anonymous advice or comments, just PM me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

TKIY posted:

Hope you enjoyed it! As I mentioned those organizers are my local dudes so if you want to offer any private or anonymous advice or comments, just PM me.

They did a bang up job. Fabio had one panic moment when BCP wasn't showing the right mission, but since I was the first person done I was able to "be the expert" and help him get it fixed. The venue was short on tables, but apparently most of Canada is on fire so they were used for displaced folks instead of our nerd poo poo. How rude. The raffle stuff took a little longer then I wanted, but I was tired and looking at a 5 hour drive home. Terrain was pretty solid, especially with using the ITC ruins rule, but I wound up playing on only three tables and didn't have to worry about ruins. As far as I know there weren't any bad rules calls, but I never needed a judge. I super appreciate they just roll ITC without any dumb house rules. The Destiny Dice thing was cute (buy a die, roll it before each game, can replace a non damage/seize/weird roll with whatever you rolled) should be chosen before rolling dice instead of after seeing results. I had a couple feels bad man moments because of it.

A+ would Plains of War again, and I'm glad they are shooting for a major next year.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Naramyth posted:

They did a bang up job. Fabio had one panic moment when BCP wasn't showing the right mission, but since I was the first person done I was able to "be the expert" and help him get it fixed. The venue was short on tables, but apparently most of Canada is on fire so they were used for displaced folks instead of our nerd poo poo. How rude. The raffle stuff took a little longer then I wanted, but I was tired and looking at a 5 hour drive home. Terrain was pretty solid, especially with using the ITC ruins rule, but I wound up playing on only three tables and didn't have to worry about ruins. As far as I know there weren't any bad rules calls, but I never needed a judge. I super appreciate they just roll ITC without any dumb house rules. The Destiny Dice thing was cute (buy a die, roll it before each game, can replace a non damage/seize/weird roll with whatever you rolled) should be chosen before rolling dice instead of after seeing results. I had a couple feels bad man moments because of it.

A+ would Plains of War again, and I'm glad they are shooting for a major next year.

Great I'll pass it along. Thanks for the kind words!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
this lady is too good

https://twitter.com/l2Po3QMEtZd19wr/status/1001025126018596865

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.
Since it is a Bank Holiday here in the UK Flavivirus and I decided to close out important goon cultural holiday Walker Weekend with a giant robot throwdown.

In the green and white “corner” (running as Alaitoc, transports contain banshees, dire avengers and psykers, large guardian blob in deep strike):

In the orange and white (actual) corner (mixed Sacea and Borkan, CIB commander in deep strike, some pathfinder squads strung along the deployment zone to the left):

Walker weekend battle arena...fight!

We were playing targets of opportunity and Flavivirus seized to take the first turn. His Y’hvara leapt into space, while the rest of his army stayed castled up around Kau’yon being declared. Shooting phase saw me make use of Lightning Fast reactions on the Hemlock to try and stave off the worst, but some good rolls still stripped it down to 5 wounds. Other shooting was a bit unlucky, but blew away a hawk squad and stuck some damage into a wave serpent. EOT Flavivirus scored one card.

My turn 1 the army zoomed forward a bit, while trying to keep a 12 inch distance. Psychic phase went well - doom and jinx went into a riptide, while the all important Fortune went onto the Wraithknight to try and compensate for it’s lack of invulns, and the Shining Spears picked up protect. End of movement phase, things looked like this (farseer is hiding behind the solid building next to the wraithknight):

Shooting started with the Hemlock going for the Riptide that had been debuffed, and scoring five wounds. Shield drones did a bang up job and, and the one wound they failed to stop passed the now 6++. Realising my mistake in not trying to clear them first I sent some shuriken cannon shots into them, but only managed to cut them down to 1 remaining. Fired the wraithknight (within the Autarch bubble) fully at it, and the last drone ate a starcannon shot, then all four wraithcannon shots hit and wounded. No 6++s passed, and I rolled 17 damage, which after 6+++s from the ethereal ended up doing exactly enough to get the kill. Elsewhere, swooping hawks wasted some pathfinders, and some rangers high rolled and killed a firesight marksman with a lot of mortals. I picked up “scour the sky” and got halfway to a defend.

The Tau then launched a glorious counterattack - the Coldstars went character hunting, while the Y’havara dropped in to go after my Wraithknight. I used forewarned to shoot my wraithknight at it, and spectacularly whiffed, doing no damage at all. End of movement looked like this:

Unfortunately the Tau shooting phase was a bit disappointing - the assassin commanders rolled very badly on hits and wounds, and all the fusion shots that got through bounced off my invulns (I think i had to use a command point to reroll one). The Y’havara, CIB commander and remaining riptide put 13 wounds on the knight, but my FNPs were on point and this wasn’t really enough.

In my turn, I burnt some of my last few CP to heal the Knight back into it’s top profile, and disembarked/dropped in all my infantry. Banshees rolled up towards the tau castle to do a multicharge, while avengers mobbed the coldstars and the guardians went for the Y’havara. Doom went onto the Y’havara but jinx failed. Protect went on the guardians and fortune on the knight again.

In the shooting phase, the Hemlock wasted one coldstar, while the avengers badly wounded another. Sent a few things at the Y’havara to try and strip off the drones, but they mostly survived, and the Wraithknight basically only suceeded in prising those off. The guardians did manage to put five wounds into it, while the hawks, spears and banshee shooting cleared out a bit more infantry. Banshees did their multicharge (though only locking two units of five as they were in an effective layered setup), and the spears then went into the riptide once it was locked in, while the autarch went into the badly hurt coldstar, with the wraithknight following once it was locked. I brain failed and sent a wave serpent to charge the commander, and got Y’havara FTGGed for my troubles, which i was lucky enough to survive on one wound.

Banshees chopped up a few infantry, and the autarch finished off the coldstar, not much else did anything. Scored “overwhelming firepower” for d3 and one secure i think.

Tau turn 3 was an exercise in trying to pull down the wraithknight. Y’havara strategem healed so that it could nova charge on top profile. Movement phase ended like this:

CIB commander and the Y’havara succeeded in cutting the wraithknight down to two wounds, while the non-engaged fire warriors wasted the banshees. Unfortunately, the remaining riptide was the only thing left able to shoot at the wraithknight, so had to put the HBC in to strip out the last two wounds, which it duly did, and luckily for me (given i had no cp left) it didn’t blow up. The SMS from the riptide tried to finish off the one wound wave serpent, as that would allow scoring D3 on two cards, but didn’t manage to pull it off. A squad of fire warriors charged the spears to keep them from charging in my turn, and this successfully locked them.

From there, I was able to basically lock the game up over the next few turns - i took the Y’havara and some more infantry out in turn 3, and then killed everything except the fireblade and the ethereal on my t4, as Tau shooting on turn 4 was sufficiently degraded to not take much out (the hemlock got a good run of saves and FNPs). The last riptide did close out the Walker Weekend celebrations on T4 by finishing off the shining spear exarch with a sucker punch after fire warrior shooting killed the rest of the squad

Given i had a whole turn to kill two characters and was ahead on VP, we called it there.

A great game overall - the big suit castle with Kauyon is nasty, and had I been running as anything other than Alaitoc would have ruined me after the seize. I think luck was also on my side in the game - other than the two big whiffs with the Wraithknight my rolls were pretty good, while Flavivirus’s wound rolls and Y’havara shot rolls were definitely sub par. Definitely a very strong Tau list.

One_Wing fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 28, 2018

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Thinking of getting a leviathan with stormcannon and drill for my crimson fists, any thoughts on that?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I’d probably just do two storm cannons if your looking to be competitive tbh. They’re pretty gross.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

whiteshark12 posted:

This was added to the Space Marine FAQ recently, I assume there are other people in this thread who have been overlooking this possibility as well. Might be taking a few dev squads in the future.

It was noted in the thread when it came out. Seems like an incorrect ruling but infantry based missile launchers needed some love.

A related rules abuse question for the experts ITT: is there some reason Dark Angels, Blood Angels etc. can't now fire 4 Flakk Missiles in a single turn? I ask because:

The Space Marine Codex has the original stratagem, which says it can be used "... just before a friendly ADEPTUS ASTRATES Infantry model attacks". Armies can use Space Marine Stratagems, "If your army is Battle-forged and includes any Space Marines Detachments". Presumably they forgot they're using keywords now and meant ADEPTUS ASTRATES but that's irrelevant for the purposes of the question.

It is often said that the above stratagem was copied and pasted into the other marine codexs, but that's not actually the case. It's not even just the key words that have changed. For example, the Dark Angels stratagem says it can be used "...just before a DARK ANGELS INFANTRY model from your army attacks".

So 1) Is there a rule reason why a DA, BA or SW (or GK I guess?) army cannot use a stratagem from the Space Marines codex, and then 2) use the imperfect clone found in their own codex?

The closest I can find is this, page 131 of the SM codex:

quote:

Note that there are several Space Marine Chapters - such as the Blood Angels, Space Wolves and Grey Knights - that deviate significantly from the Codex in terms of organisation and fighting style. The rules and abilities for these Chapters (any any successors they may have) will be detailed in their own codexs.

I don't see this as a prohibition.

By the same token, I'm struggling with why a Dark Angels army can't take a unit from the SM codex, replace <CHAPTER> on the datasheets with "DARK ANGELS", and in the process create Dark Angels units with Grim Resolve that aren't supposed to exist. Space Wolves can't because they're an index army and the index took the time to expressly forbid that - but the codexes whoops over that detail AFAIK.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
3 Day Walker Weekend!

Freshly built today. Now to add hieroglyphs in greenstuff.

Stepping on the neck of a ruined statue of the Egyptian god of the dead, Anubis. Fitting for a giant walking tomb piloted by a living corpse.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Was back down in MD for the weekend, so got in a 2v2 game with ANAmal.net and Shadow Daishi and our buddy Phil, Night Lords and Orks vs. Traitors and Shitbird Furries, 2,500 points. The mission was Maelstrom: Targets of Opportunity, where you generate 3 cards per turn and discard them all before the next turn (but can spend 2 CP to keep a card).

Before the game Phil and I decided gently caress it, let's just have a bunch of fast poo poo. So my army was a lord and sorcerer with jump packs, 2 squads of Raptors, a squad of bikes, 2 heldrakes, and 3 squads of cultists. The Ork player brought 2 jets, a bunch of stormboyz, and some bikes and also some grots.

We scored some lucky points on T1 with good card pulls, but those were also a result of us picking the deployment zone with 3 objectives in it and capturing the center objective on T1. I held the Raptors for deep strike, while our general plan was to sweep up the flank and wipe out the dark angels from the side. Pre-game, they used the Wolf and the Lion strat to give Azrael and Canis a big boost, which came in handy later.

Our speed also helped out when we were able to lock into combat on T1 with Heldrakes, and they pulled the Not One Step Back objective, preventing them from falling back under penalty of losing a victory point. This saved one Heldrake, but the other got thunder hammered to death by Wulfen.

We got in some early hits with the Dakkajets and Heldrakes, but they were able to take all four of them down by the end of turn 3.

We kept the upper hand most of the game, until a priority orders card came in for ANAmal/Daishi on turn 4 that, with only Azrael left, they were able to score by having Azrael wipe out 3 raptors in close combat, scoring them 7 victory points that turn and giving them the lead.

With most of lower Maryland flooding and turn 5 winding down, it was clear that Chaos and Orks and regained the upper hand. We killed Azrael for another Slay the Warlord point, and began to press forward with the still-very-much-alive Ork and Night Lords bikes. Meanwhile our Grot and Cultist forces holding the three rear objectives remained untouched. ANAmal and Daesh scored one more objective on their T5 but it wasn't enough. Final score: My team - 11, ANAmal's team - 10.

Some Thoughts:
- Playing 40k still owns, and this was a fun game. Third Eye Games in Annapolis leaves a little to be desired in terms of terrain quality (also they have more LOS blocking terrain than good area terrain), but they have a nice, spacious area to game and friendly staff. I'd recommend it, especially if it's closer to you than Games and Stuff.

- Heldrakes need to stay the gently caress away from Wulfen. Also Wulfen are rough as poo poo to deal with. Even when you kill them, they gently caress you up.

- Having cheap troops owns, and makes a big difference on Maelstrom missions.

- I hated Maelstrom in 7th, but with the changes to the deck, missions, and format overall, I really like it in 8th. It's very swingy, and definitely a little more luck-based, but I find things level out more often now and turns can feel like puzzles when certain cards come up. I also find it takes some of the tension out of the game though, if you're the kind of person who can get riled up over the results of a game.

- This was my first game post-FAQ, and I very much enjoyed having the extra CPs.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Pendent posted:

I’d probably just do two storm cannons if your looking to be competitive tbh. They’re pretty gross.

They look gross but I'm tempted by +1a from pedro

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Walker Weekend? I'm in!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
After spending a year building up my 30K Iron Warriors and then having the local scene immediately die due to the release of 8th, I want to get some use out of my dudes. I think I'm just going to run them as SM Iron Hands for now in the time-honored goon tradition, but I wanted to check the goon consensus on a couple of things.

1. I have what is currently 8 dudes with power swords and bolt pistols, and their sergeant who has a power fist and bolt pistol. Aside from being able to field more of them in one squad, is there any real advantage to running them as Vanguard Veterans instead of Company Veterans? I had thought to use the Company Vets to shield my melee captain but the chances of him getting sniped or caught out as the closest model should be pretty slim anyway.

2. I have a Legion Medusa which was converted out of a Basilisk chassis and a Banehammer's Tremor Cannon. My instinct is to try to run this as a counts-as Vindicator but I didn't know if there was a better fit.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Cross-posting finish line celebration. Finished up a Tech-Priest and my next batch of 10 Skitarii. The weapons on the TPD and Skitarii Alpha are magnetized, as well as all the heads on all the Skitarii.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Maneck posted:

It was noted in the thread when it came out. Seems like an incorrect ruling but infantry based missile launchers needed some love.

A related rules abuse question for the experts ITT: is there some reason Dark Angels, Blood Angels etc. can't now fire 4 Flakk Missiles in a single turn? I ask because:

The Space Marine Codex has the original stratagem, which says it can be used "... just before a friendly ADEPTUS ASTRATES Infantry model attacks". Armies can use Space Marine Stratagems, "If your army is Battle-forged and includes any Space Marines Detachments". Presumably they forgot they're using keywords now and meant ADEPTUS ASTRATES but that's irrelevant for the purposes of the question.

It is often said that the above stratagem was copied and pasted into the other marine codexs, but that's not actually the case. It's not even just the key words that have changed. For example, the Dark Angels stratagem says it can be used "...just before a DARK ANGELS INFANTRY model from your army attacks".

So 1) Is there a rule reason why a DA, BA or SW (or GK I guess?) army cannot use a stratagem from the Space Marines codex, and then 2) use the imperfect clone found in their own codex?

The closest I can find is this, page 131 of the SM codex:

I don't see this as a prohibition.

By the same token, I'm struggling with why a Dark Angels army can't take a unit from the SM codex, replace <CHAPTER> on the datasheets with "DARK ANGELS", and in the process create Dark Angels units with Grim Resolve that aren't supposed to exist. Space Wolves can't because they're an index army and the index took the time to expressly forbid that - but the codexes whoops over that detail AFAIK.

Look one paragraph up.

Plus this from the Designer's Commentary:

"Q: If I can choose a keyword for a unit, such as <Regiment> for Astra Militarum, could I choose that keyword to be, for example ‘Blood Angels’ or ‘Death Guard’?
A: No."

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Walker Weekend? I'm in!

Nice Diggaknight

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Is it me or will the Forgeworld knights love this?

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

...so, advancing and firing every turn giving no fucks? I assume Knights don't get many Rapid Fire weapons.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Flavivirus posted:

...so, advancing and firing every turn giving no fucks? I assume Knights don't get many Rapid Fire weapons.

Knight crusaders casually kiting the opponents army all game.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Are Game Plus bags alright? I was planning on getting a bag for my Tau and I don't think I need anything too extravagant. I have a Sabol Army Transport bag for my Orks, it's close to 10 years old now and going strong, but the Game Plus bag doesn't seem too different, albeit mine came with foam when I bought it. KR multi-case and Battlefoam seem good too but they're also more expensive and more specialized. I'm kind of building stuff up and mostly have a 3rd-4th edition Tau army so pluck trays seem like a better investment for me.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Mef989 posted:

Is it me or will the Forgeworld knights love this?

There isnt a knight that wont love this, that extra speed matters when you only have a few models on the board.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Corrode posted:

Look one paragraph up.

Plus this from the Designer's Commentary:

"Q: If I can choose a keyword for a unit, such as <Regiment> for Astra Militarum, could I choose that keyword to be, for example ‘Blood Angels’ or ‘Death Guard’?
A: No."

I did notice the paragraph that makes absolutely clear that <Chapter> is that it be replaced with a Space Marine Chapter! But since Dark Angels etc. are also Space Marines (or ADEPTUS ASTARTES when GW remembers to use keywords), I think that supports this abuse being legal.

The Designer's Commentary point is very helpful when the complete designer's commentary is considered:

quote:

Q: If I can choose a keyword for a
unit, such as <Regiment> for Astra
Militarum, could I choose that keyword
to be, for example ‘Blood Angels’ or
‘Death Guard’?
A: No.

In the example above, ‘Blood Angels’ is a Chapter
of the Adeptus Astartes and ‘Death Guard’ is a
Legion of the Heretic Astartes – neither of which
are Regiments of the Astra Militarum.

Blood Angels can't be a <REGIMENT>. But since they are <ADEPTUS ASTARTES>, they can be a <CHAPTER>. The Designer's Commentary seems to confirm this exploit is legal.

Any takers on double (quadruple) Flakk Missiles?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Artum posted:

Knight crusaders casually kiting the opponents army all game.

Armigers being even more hilarious.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Maneck posted:

I did notice the paragraph that makes absolutely clear that <Chapter> is that it be replaced with a Space Marine Chapter! But since Dark Angels etc. are also Space Marines (or ADEPTUS ASTARTES when GW remembers to use keywords), I think that supports this abuse being legal.

Read the paragraph below that.

quote:

Note that other Space Marine Chapters, such as the Blood Angels and the Space Wolves, deviate significantly in terms of organisation and fighting styles. These Chapters therefore cannot make use of any of hte rules or abilities listen int his section, and instead have their own rules.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

The Designer's Commentary point is very helpful when the complete designer's commentary is considered:

Blood Angels can't be a <REGIMENT>. But since they are <ADEPTUS ASTARTES>, they can be a <CHAPTER>. The Designer's Commentary seems to confirm this exploit is legal.

:thunk:

I think you're willfully misreading everything to give yourself a loophole that isn't there.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Are Knight Armigers gonna be good after codex?

Also, if you Combat Squad a 10 man squad into two 5 man squads, do you have 1 Sergeant or two?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
It quite literally specifically calls out you can't.

Wolf Guard with Cyclones & Assault Cannons, it's 1995 all over again.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

I know what I'm running my Acheron as :supaburn:

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Hencoe posted:

There isnt a knight that wont love this, that extra speed matters when you only have a few models on the board.

I dunno, it doesn't really seem worth it. Knights still advance D6 and move fast (12-14") right? It still feels like the better wound profile will be better if you want to keep your mobility.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

TheChirurgeon posted:

We kept the upper hand most of the game, until a priority orders card came in for ANAmal/Daishi on turn 4 that, with only Azrael left, they were able to score by having Azrael wipe out 3 raptors in close combat, scoring them 7 victory points that turn and giving them the lead.

Agreed, this game was super fun, yesterday whipped rear end, and I am glad that none of us died (though Phil's basement did flood, which owns).

Maelstrom is good now, and a lack of cheap troops to make a battalion is becoming a problem. I know I could run stripped-out 5-man tacticals, but that feels like bullshit, so I'll probably pick up sniper scouts or something as cheap backfield campers. I tried at Third Eye but they didn't have any, though I did at least resist the urge to go buy a bunch more Gundams this time, so there's that.

I started thinking about it on the way home, and Azrael getting the "priority orders" strategem is hilarious. He's the chapter master of the loving First Legion, one of the greatest warlords in the Imperium, and someone - I'm assuming one of the High Lords of Terra because who the gently caress else can boss him around - voxes him up specifically to let him know that the entire battle plan depends on the mighty feat of butchering three random guys.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

NovemberMike posted:

I dunno, it doesn't really seem worth it. Knights still advance D6 and move fast (12-14") right? It still feels like the better wound profile will be better if you want to keep your mobility.

Depends entirely if you are going questoris mechanicum or imperialis. Going mechanicum means you can benefit from canticles and the like. Plus who knows how they are doing the stratagems/relics.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Maneck posted:

BLOOD ANGELS isn't <CHAPTER> in any way no matter what you changed chapter to be, they were very clear on this for every instance of people asking this for every race.

This loophole falls at the first hurdle since copy-paste stratagems came up up the faq and things like the space marine and blood angels stratagems named flakk missile are considered the same stratagem and you can't use the same stratagem more than once in a phase.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

NovemberMike posted:

Armigers don't ignore Heavy penalties, but House Raven ignores Assault penalties. So if you advance with House Raven Armigers, they're actually more accurate than regular Armigers at a normal pace.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

dexefiend posted:

Are Knight Armigers gonna be good after codex?

Also, if you Combat Squad a 10 man squad into two 5 man squads, do you have 1 Sergeant or two?

Hard to say until we see the codex.

You have one Sergeant.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Read the paragraph below that.

This is helpful. And after a ctrl+f inspired by this, I owe Corrode an apology. I thought he quoted a (very similar) paragraph from p. 131, but he was quoting 194.

So quadruple Flakk missiles are out. Unless one devastator squad is designated as being from Ultramarines. Which can be done within a single detachment, since they would share the <ADEPTUS ASTRATES> keyword?

That said, the rule on 194 expressly applies to that section. Datasheets are in an earlier section (starting at 131). So DA Centurions are legal?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Strobe posted:

they're actually more accurate than regular Armigers at a normal pace.

Armigers don't ignore heavy penalties because the thermal lance they're armed with is assault not heavy so no not quite.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Artum posted:

Armigers don't ignore heavy penalties because the thermal lance they're armed with is assault not heavy so no not quite.

But the Heavy Stubber (I think?) is heavy.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
So is the Renegade kit exclusively the parts for a Warden and a Paladin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Artum posted:

BLOOD ANGELS isn't <CHAPTER> in any way no matter what you changed chapter to be, they were very clear on this for every instance of people asking this for every race.

It may be clear to you that Blood Angels aren't a <CHAPTER> per 131 of the Space Marine Codex, but I'm not seeing it. So help me out. The Designer Commentary explains that the reason why Blood Angels can't be a <REGIMENT> is because they're <ADEPTUS ASTRATES>. Just like everything in the Space Marines Codex. If there's another source, great, help me out. Trying to figure out what the rules are as a new player is a marathon.

Speaking of which:

Artum posted:

[b]This loophole falls at the first hurdle since copy-paste stratagems came up up the faq and things like the space marine and blood angels stratagems named flakk missile are considered the same stratagem and you can't use the same stratagem more than once in a phase.

Which FAQ should I look to? I used ctrl+f for stratagem to check the BIG FAQ, the Designer's commentary, the Space Marine FAQ and the Codex: Dark Angels FAQ. Don't see it. Is there another place I ought to look?

Edit: found it: https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/warhammer_40000_rulebook_en-1.pdf

Now I know that the Designer's Commentary FAQ (which clarifies the rules) is not the same as the FAQ which clarifies the rule book.

It only took 4 people and 6 different FAQs. Thanks all. Except whoever decided to have different consolidated FAQs for the same set of rules.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 29, 2018