Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Gendo was a piece of poo poo that was scamming nude pictures of goon girls and in one case threatened to send them to the school districts in her area to prevent her from getting a job as a teacher.

gently caress Gendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol what an absolute rear end in a top hat

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Should have made me a mod instead :shrug:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Ehud finally confesses he’s got deep dark skeletons in his closet

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Being a mod seems like the least fun way to post on these old dumb forums

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol the same matchup 4 years straight

the NBA is a loving joke competition-wise

If the NFL playoffs wasn't one game things would likely be a lot different

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Metapod posted:

I can't believe the sport that has a 7 game series and one player has the most impact has less parity than a single elimination playoff sport

Also the sport with a strong player's union and that doesn't treat its players like chattel.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nodoze posted:

If the NFL playoffs wasn't one game things would likely be a lot different

And even then, the Patriots have been in the last 7 AFC Championship games and 4 of those superbowls.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

iwentdoodie posted:

At least the NHL this year has 2 teams that have never won, and just had a super awesome first game of the final.

Having the beat player in the sport means a lot less in hockey since hed only on the ice for like 20 minutes a game.

Also a hot goalie can Trump anything.

Hockey rules

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

a neat cape posted:

Also a hot goalie can Trump anything.

I didn't realize the Vegas team was called the Golden Showers

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I really wish the Jake Delhomme Panthers had won so we could have gotten a Jake Delhomme Super Bowl speech.

https://youtu.be/9OolG-Oc0P4

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Why would anyone want to watch a league where a new team gets gifted a championship?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lol gifted

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

King Hong Kong posted:

Why would anyone want to watch a league where a new team gets gifted a championship?

Because they enjoy seeing Canada not win at their sport?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Because they enjoy seeing Canada not win at their sport?

Why yes most players on most teams are Canadian, why do you ask

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I am in a sports league that plays a different sport every week. We dominate every week, except yesterday where we played flag football. None of us can really throw the ball [Canadian]. We got destroyed by another team that had a really athletic dude playing QB.

What I am trying to say is football is a QB dominated sport.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hizawk posted:

I am in a sports league that plays a different sport every week. We dominate every week, except yesterday where we played flag football. None of us can really throw the ball [Canadian]. We got destroyed by another team that had a really athletic dude playing QB.

What I am trying to say is football is a QB dominated sport.

Have you considered that quarterbacks arent always the best and perhaps it's a team effort?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

King Hong Kong posted:

Vegas' early success is way more a testament to how bad GMs really are at evaluating talent than it is a gift from the league. The expansion draft was a more than fair process with multiple outs for teams to protect their best players

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Isn't vegas a team of guys that were almost all B squad guys from elsewhere? I was under the impression it's a team full of the best backups from everywhere else but no one who was really an established superstar.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Isn't vegas a team of guys that were almost all B squad guys from elsewhere? I was under the impression it's a team full of the best backups from everywhere else but no one who was really an established superstar.

They don't have a superstar but they don't have any glaring holes and are very deep.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
edit: This is not the chat thread

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 29, 2018

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

They lucked into Marc-Andre Fleury due to a crazy unusual circumstance where the reigning Stanley Cup champs had 2 1st rate goalies. It's much easier to go deep in the NHL playoffs when you have a shutdown goalie who has already won 3 Cups like MAF

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

They lucked into Marc-Andre Fleury due to a crazy unusual circumstance where the reigning Stanley Cup champs had 2 1st rate goalies. It's much easier to go deep in the NHL playoffs when you have a shutdown goalie who has already won 3 Cups like MAF

Ovie was probably loving horrified when he realized who Vegas' goalie was

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Marc Andre Fleury was a drat steal for the Golden Knights.

I wonder how Seattle's NHL team will fare with their expansion draft.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Ovie was probably loving horrified when he realized who Vegas' goalie was

It definitely has to be in the back of his mind. I've never seen Ovechkin play with the Want To that he's displayed this year, but he was invisible last night. Gotta wonder if his decade of failure vs MAF has him shook

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

waah posted:

I really wish the Jake Delhomme Panthers had won so we could have gotten a Jake Delhomme Super Bowl speech.

https://youtu.be/9OolG-Oc0P4

The only understand word would be the several "fucks" he'd have dropped live on television.

Either he or Dan Morgan would have been Super Bowl MVP.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Marc Andre Fleury was a drat steal for the Golden Knights.

I wonder how Seattle's NHL team will fare with their expansion draft.

I think you're gonna see teams give up way more rookies and prospects than established players next time around. Like Vegas has 5 former Penguins, 4 of them with Cup Final experience, 3 of them Cup winners. That amount of veteran presence is huge

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I wonder if you took your pick of the best NFL 2nd stringers to build a full 55 man roster how well you'd do. I don't think you'd have any individual outstanding performances, but you'd have such depth that you'd dominate the second half of the season. I think they'd be an instant contender. I like the idea.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wonder if you took your pick of the best NFL 2nd stringers to build a full 55 man roster how well you'd do. I don't think you'd have any individual outstanding performances, but you'd have such depth that you'd dominate the second half of the season. I think they'd be an instant contender. I like the idea.

What would count as second-stringers for positions like WR or CB?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

What would count as second-stringers for positions like WR or CB?

Dez

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Future Hall Of Pretty Good nominees

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
This one podcast guy has his own fictional team called the San Diego Greybeards composed of retired/unsigned players as they are now. It's kind of a fun experiment although the Greybeards would get totally hosed especially now that Gruden is taking all their best players

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Play posted:

This one podcast guy has his own fictional team called the San Diego Greybeards composed of retired/unsigned players as they are now. It's kind of a fun experiment although the Greybeards would get totally hosed especially now that Gruden is taking all their best players

Dan Hanzus. Host of Around the NFL.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If the NFL were to ever expand again, would it be just by one or two teams or would there be a mass expansion of eight teams to keep all the divisions balanced (dilution of talent be damned)

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Play posted:

CyberPingu posted:

Dan Hanzus. Host of Around the NFL.

Here's the version from April 4: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000924893/article/2018-san-diego-graybeards-free-agents-find-a-home

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

piss tape israel posted:

If the NFL were to ever expand again, would it be just by one or two teams or would there be a mass expansion of eight teams to keep all the divisions balanced (dilution of talent be damned)

Knowing the NFL's MO, I'd expect no fewer than 16 teams, because more football is always good, right?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

piss tape israel posted:

I think it would have to be 8 teams with one new team in each current division and an expansion to a 22 game schedule (20 games minimum) to keep the same scheduling format and division balance.

edit: or, more likely:

8 new teams in two new divisions so you would still only have 6 games against division rivals (instead of upping that to 8) and then add one new game where you would play the team of the same in-division record (there would be one more division to pull from)? And this would be adding a division to the rotation of playing a different division from same and other conference every year?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:24 on May 29, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think it would have to be 8 teams and an expansion to a 22 game schedule (20 games minimum) to keep the same scheduling format and division balance.

Change the scheduling format, double the roster size, fewer regular season games, more post season games, do something (anything at all really) about the fact you're turning brains to pudding and hanging people out to dry after 1.5 years, and stop being racist shitheads.

Basically the NFL is dead in 5 years.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

piss tape israel posted:

I don't know if that'll actually happen with an expansion. I'm convinced a good portion of washouts never received proper coaching and development and could have been successful on another team where they got more development time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Instead of tackles, the defensive player must grab a flag from the waistband of the offensive player in possession of the ball. This done, a contest is held wherein both players recite a short poem, be it memorized or improvised, and a qualified official determines which is the most beautiful. Thus it will be determined if the player was tackled or not. If one player takes a knee to emphasize a specific line or theme in their poem, they will be shot.

• Locked thread