Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Step-mom of 7 year old demon child is handling things fine. I'd hate that little poo poo too, even if an internet forum told me I was mean for it.

Hope the professional help saves the kid though. If the dad doesn't step up to the plate, mom should bail from that poo poo show and enjoy her new baby in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Yeah if somebody punched or kicked my pregnant wife, especially in the belly, I would not handle things rationally and calmly. The fact that she didn’t slap seven kinds of poo poo out of the kid is impressive.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

corn on the cop posted:

Me (29M) with my girlfriend (24F) dating for 11 months thinks its ok to make-out with other guys while drunk

eleven months? really?

I'm not really sure what this guy is asking, they're are so fundamentally incompatible that it's a wonder they made it 11 months.

Also, loving your way around all your friends? Classy.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Just loving hire Emily.

Re: Stepmom of devil child, yeah I think if that's me, there's no version of the story where I don't end up in jail.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

La Brea Carpet posted:

One of our managers ruined a job interview for a candidate we really liked. How/should I try to rectify this situation?

Ooohh I would be livid.
Finding the best candidate out of 800 is a colossal pain in the rear end. That said, yeah, the damage is done, and it's kind of out of your hands now. You could still send her an offer but she's already decided she doesn't want to work for Bob, game over.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Frankly, they should hire her and fire him.

Job interview at a loving brewery on a national drinking holiday, never turns up, doesn't respond to calls or texts. Finally answers in extremely disjointed manner. Kick his unprofessional arse to the curb.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

So was Bob passed out drunk, or did he lose his nerve about propositioning a job candidate? Probably both

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Hellblazer187 posted:

Re: Stepmom of devil child, yeah I think if that's me, there's no version of the story where I don't end up in jail.

consider not being the sort of person who would assault a 7 year old

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

I finally feel like I can indulge and experience my pregnancy to its fullest.

lol wut

Imagine getting run out of your own house by a 7 year old. Just imagine it. That reminds me of the one from way back where a girl taking a semester abroad was being dominated by the host family's 4 year old.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
gently caress biodad and every other dad in that situation who throws their hands up and goes "welp, evil mom won't let me see the kid, guess there's nothing I can do!" Yes, there is. There is a whole branch of the courts dedicated to doing something about it. It's hard and it's messy if you have a lovely ex, but that's what you go through if you really want to be a parent to your child. You decided you wanted the easy way out and it backfired big time. Stepmom is in for a big surprise if she expects him to give more of a poo poo about "peanut".

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://youtu.be/77xoCVhrlPk

Gotta love it when people are faced with a potential hazard and react in the absolute worst possible way in front of everyone.

And I think the only obstacle was Pick being Catholic, if she was Protestant the supervillain gimmick would write itself. The physical deformity, the spite, the obsession... But you can't be a Catholic supervillain, at least without being ordained at the very least. You can be a self-loathing superhero who dresses like a demon, looks like a demon or is a demon, though.

If this is one of those big in geound wasp nests, here is the proper way to deal with it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGJ2jMZ-gaI

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

After a few great posts regarding fortnite, I put that in as a search term...

Me [25f] Having doubts on If I should resign lease with BF [25m]

quote:

Throw away because.. well you know how it goes.

So, we've got until the end of may to decide we want to resign the lease of our Condo. It ends June 30th but we need to give our landlord 30 days notice. Now, I've been fighting myself on this and the time is ticking closer to the deadline. Just at a loss on what to do. I believe he knows im hesitant but we havent really brought it up being that its just such an awkward conversation.

Backstory is I met my bf Sebas August 2016 in Orlando at a gaming event. poo poo between us just sparked and we started dating shortly after. He lived in Chicago and I in Atlanta so we would fly back and forth to each other. We did this for about 10 months and July of last year I moved to him. We got a place together. It wasn't easy but we managed. (he lived with his parents before that)

At first everything was good but then we started fighting a lot and we still do. I was abused pretty badly by my grandmother when I was a kid. She would hit me every day with anything she could find and just scream at me. Ages 6-17 until I ran away and went to live with my sister. I did really well on my own and hid the abuse in a way where it didn't affect my everyday life. Or so I thought.

Now, when I moved in with Sebas.. its weird.. its like the abuse manifested itself in rage. Now, i'm not hiding behind the abuse from when I was a child and I did try to be the bigger person in arguments but my anger would win. I grew up in a lovely household so anger was really all I knew. Sebas also deals with bad aggression so when we fight its awful. Back in January I decided to see a therapist then a physiologist. Ultimately, being prescribed meds for PTSD and GAD. I had no idea I had either of them. It just got so bad that i just didn't know what else to do. I've also seen a change in my mood/every day life. I'm having a lot more good days than bad.

Sebas was an amazing BF while we were ldr but moving in together I just discovered so many things that I disliked about him. Things that I just overlooked before? We would always go on adventures. Actually put effort into our relationship but now.. he never wants to do anything. He stays home playing fortnite and streaming. Like streaming is his life. He works 3am to 11am and from 12pm to when I get home at 6pm.. he's streaming. Yes, we met at a gaming event.. we both liked gaming but I've kinda grown out of it and his passion is still there and that's OK. I'm cool with that.. but when i'm put on the backburner for his streaming.. its just too much.

He doesn't like to even go sit down at a restaurant to eat. He'd rather just pick it up and eat at home. which i'm really ok with but every time? its just so mundane. He doesn't help with chores around the house. There's literally a pile of clothes in the corner of our bedroom that's been there since we moved in. I tell him that he needs to be more cleanly but I just cant get through to him. He doesn't really have good dental hygiene.. he doesn't brush his teeth in the morning and I have to remind him some times. I cant even sleep cause he snores so bad. (he might had sleep apnea idk) and I cant sleep facing him because his breath smells. He's lazy, doesn't even take our dog for walks and eats really unhealthy. I'm talking whole medium pizza at 11pm. also, sex is lacking hard. Lots of resentment there. He's gained weight etc.

I really don't make enough to live on my own. I've looked up apartments, I could get a studio apt in downtown chi but it would be in a really bad area. I'd be taking the dog so that's an extra expense. (not giving up the dog) I don't have many friends here, no family. I don't have much family in ATL that I can lean on so i'm just here.. trying to make the most out of all these negative things.

I know this seems like i'm just nit picking or just being so negative but these are things that i've been holding in. I've talked to sebas about these things but nothing gets better. I know i'm not perfect and i'm sure there are things I do that bug him but at least I try. I ask to do things with him. I ask him to go on walks, to go out to eat, to go downtown and go on adventures etc. I don't want just be at home every day listening to him scream at his computer monitor. I spend more time with our dog than him.

Friend from mine told me that the first year of living with someone is the hardest and after that.. it gets better. I'm holding onto what she said but I just have so many doubts. I don't even get excited to come home to him anymore. Its crazy but I do care about him and I don't want to just lose everything we've worked so hard to get. Another year to work on us is possible for me as I want to be with him but he'd realllllllly have to shape up. I thought moving here and being with him would be an amazing experience but its making me really sad.

Edit: grammar

tldr: lease is up with bf of almost 2 years, having doubts on resigning with him amidst all of the problems in our relationship.

Hey Reddit am I just nitpicking or is my boyfriend a gigantic pile of poo poo?

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

Stepmom is in for a big surprise if she expects him to give more of a poo poo about "peanut".

:hf:

You see this mentality in SO MANY r/r posts, usually written by a woman about their male partner. He always has at least one kid from a previous partner (and they're always crazy or dramatic bitches), he never sees said kid(s), interacts with them in any meaningful way, or provides any kind of support for the child. The OP is either already pregnant or wants a kid with him, and the guy is obviously lovely and neglectful of any kid that already exists, and you get bonus points if he is also a lovely partner and the OP has to do all of the relationship maintenance and household stuff. She just has to figure out the magical combination that unlocks the upgrades to "Not a lovely Partner" and "Cares about Children".

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

LadyPictureShow posted:

Me [25f] Having doubts on If I should resign lease with BF [25m]

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Eezee posted:

I took another look at that Indiad Dad post and despite everyone telling him he's a shithead, he is still just repeating that 'she made her choice'.

As long as he can live with completely alienating her, that's his choice too, I guess. Not sure what he expected from that post.

It's pronounced "shitad"

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hi Reddit, please confirm my boyfriend is the worst???

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Skutter posted:

You see this mentality in SO MANY r/r posts, usually written by a woman about their male partner. He always has at least one kid from a previous partner (and they're always crazy or dramatic bitches), he never sees said kid(s), interacts with them in any meaningful way, or provides any kind of support for the child. The OP is either already pregnant or wants a kid with him, and the guy is obviously lovely and neglectful of any kid that already exists, and you get bonus points if he is also a lovely partner and the OP has to do all of the relationship maintenance and household stuff. She just has to figure out the magical combination that unlocks the upgrades to "Not a lovely Partner" and "Cares about Children".

Its a stereotype for a reason.

Also poor peanut, cursed with bad parents, bad genes, and a half sister who is going to murder them.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

ulex minor posted:

consider not being the sort of person who would assault a 7 year old

How about I just don't get into situations where a seven year old I never wanted tries to kill my baby?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

How about I just don't get into situations where a seven year old I never wanted tries to kill my baby?

Nice try but this is a Kobyashi Maru, the test starts in the situation.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Lol if you wouldn't ship that kid off to a workhouse.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Nice try but this is a Kobyashi Maru, the test starts in the situation.

Nog beat it with a bribe, I mean it’s a long shot but it’s worth a try

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
Leave Ava to the wasps

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
sit the kid down and ask why she wants the child to die over and over and over again, "why should the baby die? why should the baby die?". mindgame that kid into a zombie for the next 11 years, "i want it to die so i can feel some love, is that correct sir dad? is that correct? "WHY SHOULD THE BABY DIE LISA?!"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

It's extremely hard for a dude to not get at least shared custody, bad dad either didn't even remotely try to fight for it or he was such an obviously lovely father already that the courts gave full custody to the lovely mom.

I feel bad for the kid but without some serious long term therapy and extremely on-point parenting from now on he's probably a write-off and should be filed away in an isocube until society has advanced far enough to properly cure his condition.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
peanuts are always neglected among mixed nuts such as these

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
What Ava needs is a stable and loving home environment and tons of professional therapy so lol society good luck dealing with this one

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Skutter posted:

There should be classes taught in school, "You will never change your partner and they will never change themselves for you" and "Once an abuser, always an abuser."

Advanced students get to attend the "It only gets worse over time, so you'd better start off really bloody good or you're hosed" classes.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Honestly if grade school on up had a portion of class each day on social poo poo-- like how to date and not rape/stalk partners, recognizing abuse and lovely partners, actual legitimate sex ed, raising kids without beating them, etc.-- that would be great.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My [25M] younger brother [24M] would rather pay for roommates than contribute to family.

quote:

For 3 years, my younger brother has been expected to only go to school and get his act together. My mom pays for his food and my older brother gave him lodging for 2 years and I have given him lodging for 1 year thus far. He refused to pay for a year so my mom told us to wait until he got a job.

I recently bought a house with my wife and told him “since you refused to pay rent for a year and now that you have a steady job (I got it for him), you should be able to afford rent. It will be $400, utilities and food included. It’s your room, do what you like”. He said it’s too high for a family rate and he can get a better rate with his friends. I tried to tell him that we are trying to be generous with him and my wife contributes equally if not more than him despite his arguments that she is skimming out of my pocket (she isn’t, we keep our finances separate to eliminate this when dealing with our individual family issues). He has also exclaimed that us leaving one of the kitchen lights on for him is an annoyance and he hates it. (I honestly do it once in a while); he’s grasping at straws for an excuse?

My mom offered him $300/month but he still refused and called it a poo poo deal. She has told him that if he leaves and lives with his friends, she will disown him. I told him I’ll cut off his phone (because he has never paid his share of it, I have).

Am I wrong for charging him 3-400 $/month for rent+utilities+food? Am I being a jerk? I don’t want to put my mom in a position to disown her son and I know we will come out as the bad guys in any story he tells to his friends (or even reddit!). So what do y’all think is the best course of action?

Edit: I should preface this by saying that I have provided plenty of chances for him to slowly begin paying for stuff. Things such as just his portion of phone bills or just the utilities. He either ignores it or complains to family that I’m extorting him for money.

TL;DR; brother is a freeloader who thinks contributing to the family is asking for too much of him.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Why would they disown him if he lived on his own and stopped mooching? Something is fishy.

Also they're probably all assholes.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I really like the threats from parents to disown / not communicate with their kids over the most trivial of things

don't like my rent prices?? WE'LL NEVER SPEAK AGAIN

I'm glad that dude is not paying they sound completely awful

comments are decent lol

quote:

OP:
Overbearing Asian mother coddled him since birth. Our dad also is guilty of coddling him too.

But I just give him the “you owe this much for this” every month and let him do whatever he wants.

quote:

OP:
The precedent was that it started as both of us working to step up to the plate of preparing my mom for retirement. She would have two sons that can take care of her. He never has statisfied his end of the deal.

To her, by throwing a good set up down the drain and in her head choosing to live with his friends (who are also leeching off their parents) is an insult to her. There are some holes in this story around that; I’m only able to report on what I have observed and what she tells me.

Your choices in your life are an INSULT! Man some parents really mess with their kids

Ham Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 29, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Scathach posted:

Honestly if grade school on up had a portion of class each day on social poo poo-- like how to date and not rape/stalk partners, recognizing abuse and lovely partners, actual legitimate sex ed, raising kids without beating them, etc.-- that would be great.

My high school did although it was a private school.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My boyfriend [29/M] might have accidentally given me [29/F] an STD. How do I let go of the resentment and fear?

quote:

So this is a weird one. My boyfriend and I are currently in the middle of fixing a dead bedroom problem. We've been together for 4 years and the situations has been a rollercoaster since around the 1 year mark. It was bad, then it was good, then it got worse. It came down to us having a very serious talk the other night about whether or not we were compatible and that if things don't get better then we'll call it quits and separate when our lease is up in 6 months. He agreed to try and fix things so that didn't happen.

So, to show me that he really does love me and is attracted to me, we had sex that night (2 days ago). I wake up earlier than he does so I was at work long before he woke up. When I got home last night I realized that he had a massive cold sore on his lip. I asked him when he got it and he said "It just came on today. I could feel it coming up for the past couple of days. Why?" And I instantly started crying and screaming "AND YOU WENT DOWN ON ME?!" He was confused for a second until he made the connection and then complete horror filled his face.

I started crying hysterically for an hour because I have a close friend who contracted herpes from a guy who went down on her with a cold sore. In the midst of my meltdown I accused him of doing it to me on purpose. I told him that it was really sketchy that I told him we might be ending our relationship soon and then he goes down on me with a cold sore, pretty much making it difficult for me to date again if I did contract the disease.

He swore up and down that he would never do that and he was genuinely hurt that I would even come to that sort of conclusion. I admit I was really upset but a small part of me still thought it was true. After a lot of crying, researching and talking I realized that he would never do that to me but that I had hurt his feeling tremendously with that accusation. I apologized profusely but I can still see in his face that he's hurt. I'm not sure if it's from what I said or if it's guilt from the possibility of what he's done but things have been tense ever since.

There's still a small chance that I didn't contract the disease but I do have an appointment to get blood work tests done to make sure in a couple of weeks.

I want to know how to do go about making amends with my boyfriend and also how do I deal with the fact that he possibly gave me a lifelong STD?

Also, I want to clarify that I know herpes isn't an end all disease and that a massive amount of the population lives with HSV1 as well as HSV2. I also know that with modern medicine it can be treated and flare ups can become dormant for a long time. It's just something I never wanted to contract or have to deal with. Especially the stigma attached to it. I'm still sort of freaking out internally about it.

TL;DR: Boyfriend went down on me with a cold sore, I had a melt down fearing I had contracted herpes, I accused him of giving it to me on purpose because we talked about breaking up the night of, I hurt his feelings and I'm still freaking out, how do I make up with him but also process my feelings about the situation?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
they both got the herpy scrotes way before this

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

fruit on the bottom posted:

My boyfriend [29/M] might have accidentally given me [29/F] an STD. How do I let go of the resentment and fear?

Jesus Christ she is nuts.

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by stupidity etc.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I'm [26M] proposing to her [27F] and I need to ask her father for blessing

quote:

Title.

I am proposing to my long term gf of 9 years next month, as a surprise ofcourse.

Her father walked out on their family when she was just 14, and hasn't been in the picture since. She has met up with him maybe 3 or 4 times since then.

He is very old fashioned, in that he does not have a mobile phone, and only contacts her through writing letters.

When me and the gf have previously spoken about marriage, she said that although her father isn't really in the picture, she would hope that I respect his old fashioned ways and ask for his blessing.

So I am wondering how to go about this through writing a letter to him (turning up at his house isnt an option unfortunately) and the best ways to word such a letter. I have met him maybe twice, and I get the vibe he does accept me and knows I am here for the right reasons.

TL;DR~ Need to ask her father for blessing to propose, however I need help in the wording of the letter I must send him

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I don’t know much about STDs but does it work like that?? Lol like she didn’t notice that night?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Doggles posted:

fuuuuck that

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
The old fashioned tradition of abandoning your family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Doggles posted:

Lol what the gently caress. Definitely do it as she has such a close connection to her father she’s definitely going to love you so much for doing it.

Jesus people are so stupid lol.