Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

Wasps aren't that big of a deal, jesus.

I know, this is one of the stories were you loving know they're both white.

oh no. a wasp. my children. *sob*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I live a hundred or so feet from a massive amount of beehives and I love those fuckers so I may be prejudiced.

But like if you can't outrun some bugs why are you having offspring? You have bad survival instincts. Your offsprings gonna suck.

E: The dog probably doesn't suck as bad. If I was that dude I'd probably save the dog-- clearly the most productive family member-- and leave Miss Intimacy Issues outside while I made some food in peace and quiet too.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 28, 2018

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pick posted:

yeah no one has to hide an hour from Polistes, ffs when I was in grad school I let them nest inside my apartment because it was funny because my apartment was lovely so it was like this whole thing we shared, me and the wasps. only one time a family member came by and tried to hit them with a shovel and this was the only time they ever stung anyone. they were my friends.

:dogbutton:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Wasps (or "dump bees" as they are more technically known) are loving awful but do you really need to hide for an hour from them and wait for an emergency extermination swat team? I've had a couple nest accidents and they've generally forgotten about the whole thing 5-10 min later, or at least aren't in "sting the gently caress out of anything you can see" mode anymore.

I just can't believe the dude LOCKED the door. Like was he afraid the wasps were going to swarm together into a big cartoon hand and open the door?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I just scrolled past a picture of them too, when I was looking for that picture (hence the Pick's Choice thread), and if I'd realized I was going to need it I could have grabbed it as I scrolled though! :argh:

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Is it the kind of door that locks automatically or something?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Hellblazer187 posted:

Is it the kind of door that locks automatically or something?

Wasps have been known to be able to jimmy locks, so make sure to use your deadbolt and possibly bar the door with furniture.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
He came out and boarded the door on the shed.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

datajugend posted:

He came out and boarded the door on the shed.

[Crosses yard dressed in full anti-wasp protection gear, carrying wooden planks, makes second trip for tools]
[Stands in the middle of the wasp swarm, weeping and driving nails through the planks]
“I’m so sorry, honey! I don’t know what I’m doing! I am not good in emergencies!”

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Baronjutter posted:

Wasps have been known to be able to jimmy locks, so make sure to use your deadbolt and possibly bar the door with furniture.

Where I live, which is not the US, most external doors don't have knobs. So, if the door shuts you need a key to get in no matter what. So if it's something like that, well, I dunno that's better than DELIBERATELY locking the door.

Maybe he just wanted all of them to suffer because they ruined his life.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Hellblazer187 posted:

Where I live, which is not the US, most external doors don't have knobs. So, if the door shuts you need a key to get in no matter what.

Why? That sounds like a terrible idea, I'd be constantly locking myself outside.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Is it jail?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

datajugend posted:

Is it jail?

They already said it's not the US.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
The husband is clearly loving the wasps.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I kept reading the word as apples and assumed it was like baked apples or something? I can't even comprehend appies

Husband [30m] turns very violent when he plays videogames. Last night was the final straw, don't know what to do from here?

I am [25f] .Husband and I have three children (3,1, and 5 weeks). He has started to become very obsessed with video games, especially this one game called fortnite. He'll ignore everyone and play for hours and hours. Its like he turns into a completely different person when he's playing, screaming bloody murder throughout the whole house and scaring the hell out of the kids. Waking the baby. Whenever I try to tell him to keep it down he will scream at me to leave him alone. Frankly I don't like to be around him because the way he starts acting freaks me out. He'll always apologize after these outbursts, but then it'll happen again the same or next day.

Yesterday night was the breaking point for me. I put the kids to bed, and began nursing the newborn. He was playing the game in the living room. It was pretty quiet at first (other than the occasional yelling) then suddenly out of nowhere he began yelling. I heard something break. When I went downstairs, the TV was shattered on the ground. He was having a complete rage, parading around and throwing things around, cursing, yelling. It was terrifying. He didn't even seem to care that we were down there, seeing everything, almost hitting us. Over all the loudness I kept telling him to stop, to be quiet. When he wouldn't I went upstairs (the kids were up at this time), and started packing the kids' stuff. He tried to pull us back in the house, begging us not to leave, but we were pretty shaken up. We left, and went over my sisters house.

Haven't talked to him all morning. He's called and texted a few times, but I need some time to think. I really need him to stop getting so emotionally involved with these games. He broke a ton of stuff in our house, and I'm pretty sure our babies are afraid of him by now. I don't want to constantly have to feel like I'm walking on eggshells around him. I'm not sure how to handle this situation or what to even say to him when I decide to call him back? All of this stress I really don't need right now, the baby is draining everything out of me.

tl;dr: Husband rages and turns very violent when playing videogames, it scares the kids and I, and last night was the final straw. Not sure how to handle these problems

Going by the comments, apparently he only started playing video games around 30? Huh. Maybe this is what it's like when you don't build up a tolerance.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Jesus the level of WASP in that post would be off the charts without a literal bug swarm.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Pick posted:

yeah no one has to hide an hour from Polistes, ffs when I was in grad school I let them nest inside my apartment because it was funny because my apartment was lovely so it was like this whole thing we shared, me and the wasps. only one time a family member came by and tried to hit them with a shovel and this was the only time they ever stung anyone. they were my friends.

You really did miss your calling as a supervillain.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
These people afraid of wasps have nothing on the people I take calls from

“I’m camping and I saw a peacock.”
“Mhmm?”
“Can you bring someone to take it away?”

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Pick posted:

I know, this is one of the stories were you loving know they're both white.

oh no. a wasp. my children. *sob*

Wasp on WASP violence is a serious problem!

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Milotic posted:

Lmao, nice job imploding your marriage idiot

My(32F) husband (35M) , married 2 years together for 7, saved the dog and ran when me and our twins (1F) were in danger.

On a separate note, if you’re having to involve a third party in your marriage to resolve issues on a regular basis, you are not in fact getting on well.

I think she's being histrionic over the wasp swarm but I'm going to give her the benefit of a doubt and agree that her life and that of her babies was in danger. With that said:

Is this normal?! That's what she's asking? What the gently caress? Your husband literally chose a dog over his babies and the mother of his children. Ask how to hire the best divorce lawyer.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

Wasps aren't that big of a deal, jesus.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Going by the comments, apparently he only started playing video games around 30? Huh. Maybe this is what it's like when you don't build up a tolerance.

Simple solution: Gift the dude grognard games with PBEM capacity. Do a joint husband/wife LP of WITP with the husband controlling the IJN, wife controlling IJA, and Baloogan or Greyhunter playn allies

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Just to be clear I think they are both giant retard babies for being scared of wasps. Wasps are not an emergency, and being afraid of them once you are no longer a child means you are a weakling and deserve your lovely life of fear. I weep for their children, who will have to be raised by these idiots, despite the fact that said children are clearly of defective genetic stock.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Y'all are acting like huge swaths of people don't have fear of wasps/bees/hornets and she doesn't have two infants to worry about in the process. Like okay yeah sure, if you're not allergic it's going to take a fuckton of stings to send a fully grown adult into anaphylaxis but that's probably not a chance you want to take with babies, especially when you have no phone on hand and your idiot husband locks you out of the house.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

13Pandora13 posted:

Y'all are acting like huge swaths of people don't have fear of wasps/bees/hornets and she doesn't have two infants to worry about in the process. Like okay yeah sure, if you're not allergic it's going to take a fuckton of stings to send a fully grown adult into anaphylaxis but that's probably not a chance you want to take with babies, especially when you have no phone on hand and your idiot husband locks you out of the house.
Yeah like as a non-allergic adult you'll be fine unless you do something really dumb, but if you've got two babies with you it's not a great idea to let them get stung if you can help it.

The plus side is a baby will be a lot less likely to have an allergic response since you have to be exposed to something at least once before you can have an allergic reaction to it, but a 1 year old is small enough that it'd take less stings to cause actual complications. It wouldn't be a big deal if she didn't end up locked out of the house by her dumb husband.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Ziv Zulander posted:

Why? That sounds like a terrible idea, I'd be constantly locking myself outside.

Yeah, it's terribly stupid, although in 6 years here I've only locked myself out of my house once. I was locked in my laundry area which was outside but walled in (like, almost like part of the house but with no roof). I actually don't remember how I got back in.

I think it's a security thing? Lots of thefts/home invasions, etc. I don't know if it helps. I've kind of stopped asking "why" about the things I encounter here that don't make sense to me.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

datajugend posted:

Is it jail?

I mean kind of because I want to leave but can't, but no. I think this is common throughout Latin America although I've only lived in this one country and visited a few of the neighboring ones.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still laughing at the picture of this guy one-arm scooping up his purse dog as he races past his children, who are being consumed by a cloud of wasps.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
The dog isn't trying to pressure him into sex four times a week

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Modus Pwnens posted:

The dog isn't trying to pressure him into sex four times a week

you know what they say about assuming

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Okay yeah the babies should obviously not be stung if she could help it, but why the gently caress didn't she leave the shed to get help without the babies?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

https://youtu.be/77xoCVhrlPk

Gotta love it when people are faced with a potential hazard and react in the absolute worst possible way in front of everyone.

And I think the only obstacle was Pick being Catholic, if she was Protestant the supervillain gimmick would write itself. The physical deformity, the spite, the obsession... But you can't be a Catholic supervillain, at least without being ordained at the very least. You can be a self-loathing superhero who dresses like a demon, looks like a demon or is a demon, though.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

PetraCore posted:

Yeah like as a non-allergic adult you'll be fine unless you do something really dumb, but if you've got two babies with you it's not a great idea to let them get stung if you can help it.

The plus side is a baby will be a lot less likely to have an allergic response since you have to be exposed to something at least once before you can have an allergic reaction to it, but a 1 year old is small enough that it'd take less stings to cause actual complications. It wouldn't be a big deal if she didn't end up locked out of the house by her dumb husband.

Don't forget there are two of them, or in other words, a spare to sacrifice to the wasps.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

Western parents don't pay for their children's college? I mean, not necessarily by rule, but that is definitely a thing that happens.

Here in Australia you're mostly expected to pay your own tuition, but our student loan system works... very differently to the US system.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

https://youtu.be/77xoCVhrlPk

Gotta love it when people are faced with a potential hazard and react in the absolute worst possible way in front of everyone.

And I think the only obstacle was Pick being Catholic, if she was Protestant the supervillain gimmick would write itself. The physical deformity, the spite, the obsession... But you can't be a Catholic supervillain, at least without being ordained at the very least. You can be a self-loathing superhero who dresses like a demon, looks like a demon or is a demon, though.

Are you saying Catholics can't be supervillains? whew, francis' PR team is really cleaning up

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Scathach posted:

Okay yeah the babies should obviously not be stung if she could help it, but why the gently caress didn't she leave the shed to get help without the babies?
baby loves to eat shed tools, bonk head on wall.

Mom still handled things super dumb, mind, I'm not defending the smartness of her choices.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Well she had another adult with them. I guess the other adult was a pansy-rear end too.

E: crap they're all just idiots.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

The wife is a big dumb baby, but the husband is clearly a bigger, dumber baby. First of all if you are dumb enough to actually be afraid and not just avoid, you save the kids before the pet. Secondly, locking them all out is a dick move, and also a dumb one because it isn't like they are all going to die and he won't have to face someone who is really pissed off at his cowardly actions.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I think he realized too late he had kids with a moron, and was hoping to take them all out in one fell swoop of wasps. I mean, he locked the door and made a sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

A friend and I once accidentally disturbed a wasp or hornet nest.

We ran screaming in terror but I made it to the sliding door first, shut it and locked it. I am a complete coward just like the husband.

Counterpoint, my friend and I were both seven years old.