Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Phraggah posted:

Help I am stuck at plevel 262! All my dang blues keep rolling at 260. What do? Endless heroic events? Strikes??

If you wanna min max, get to 365 via heroic strikes + mods

and/or just do milestones

Edit: actually wait do you mean 360? or 260, if 260 continue levelling through the campaign youll hit a new softcap of 340

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
This 265/365 poo poo triggers me way too hard

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Brinner posted:

Hi thread is this still a bad dead game asking for a friend thanks

I recently came back with the launch of Warmind after leaving post Curse of Osiris. I'm... having fun? just running all the adventures and post story quests etc. that I never bothered to do. Not sure how I'll feel once they all dry up so I joined a clan to get in on the group content. It's a good shooting game but I can see why people get frustrated especially if the loot is your primary motivator for playing and not 'fun' itself.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

congrats titan for having a flashpoint that was pretty darn fun and painless and maybe they reduced the amount of stuff you needed to do because I think I just did three heroics and killed two random bosses and was done.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

Stormgale posted:

If you wanna min max, get to 365 via heroic strikes + mods

and/or just do milestones

Edit: actually wait do you mean 360? or 260, if 260 continue levelling through the campaign youll hit a new softcap of 340

When do peeps normally do heroix?

I'm told to save milestones for 270 and the grind to 300...right? Been following the progression guide in the op.

I do not mean 360. I have no expansions. I'm long finished with all vanilla campaigns.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

kater posted:

congrats titan for having a flashpoint that was pretty darn fun and painless and maybe they reduced the amount of stuff you needed to do because I think I just did three heroics and killed two random bosses and was done.

Titan has always been 3 PEs. It's probably my fav Flashpoint too because the map is neat and the PEs are fast and fun.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Phraggah posted:

I'm told to save milestones for 270 and the grind to 300...right? Been following the progression guide in the op.

I do not mean 360. I have no expansions. I'm long finished with all vanilla campaigns.
260 was the original soft cap where you wanted to start turning in powerful engrams iirc. Basically at that point blue/purple gear from random drops will never be less than 10 power below your max power level so they’ll never be upgrades and powerful gear drops are the only real way to improve your overall power.

I believe the same point is at 300 for Curse of Osiris and 340 for Warmind.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Mercurius posted:

We got a anyone called 'bamhand' or 'Crodough' who applied for 2 chill 2 serious/TIME? Can't find you on Discord.

Hi I'm Crodough. I'm not on Discord because I honestly don't understand it.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Phraggah posted:

Then yeah, heroics till 265 or 270, or you can just get the DLC's and shoot up to 340-360

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Turkey Farts posted:

It's easy, :getin: and :justpost:

Without discord it will be hard for you to actually play this with other people, since there is no ingame clan chat. So the discords are were everything gets organized.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Turkey Farts posted:

I've accepted you but yeah, as Fathis says there is literally no way to interact via text chat with the people in the clan while actually in game. There's a clan chat thing on the bungie.net website for the clan but not one actually in game because ????? ????.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I just started playing this (another humble monthly person) and I rolled a titan because I figured, hey, I tanked in a bunch of mmos. I'm finding the super where you go third person and flail around trying to punch guys with a shield really terrible to use. It's strong and all, but does it get more options to be... shooty or something? The shooting in the game is alright, so maybe I should just try another class?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Void and Arc titan supers are focused on punching, the fire one throws hammers. In general there is no tank/dps/heal triad in this game, so feel free to try other classes. All supers are 3rd person kinda deals, some being melee others ranged and some are instant while others like the void titan super are longer lasting.

E: wait no, fire hunter is first person after a brief switch to third on activation :doh:

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 11:52 on May 30, 2018

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Mercurius posted:

We got a anyone called 'bamhand' or 'Crodough' who applied for 2 chill 2 serious/TIME? Can't find you on Discord.

Hey that's me, I'll probably be on some time tonight.

So as a new player, I should save Engrams til I hit 360?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Only the powerful engrams you get from milestones.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

So with the Warmind expansion, I'm 350LL.

Do heroic strikes actually drop items greater than 350 now?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Snuffman posted:

So with the Warmind expansion, I'm 350LL.

Do heroic strikes actually drop items greater than 350 now?

There's roughly a 25% chance that you'll get something +5 on your current light level at the end of each heroic (capping out at 360 without mods)

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 14:26 on May 30, 2018

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

Only the powerful engrams you get from milestones.

How do I tell which is which? I have one Engram that can be decrypted by the guy that sells silver on the farm and another one that is decrypted by an old lady in a tent to her right.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Legendary (purple) and exotic (yellow) engrams in your inventory go through the cryptarchs (farm tent lady and tower tent man) and are a set light on drop. Bright (white) engrams go through Eververse. Powerful (purple with yellowish center) engrams come from vendors like Hawthorne and Cayde-6 and decrypt there automatically. Save powerful until your gear is 340 without mods (345 with legendary mods).

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ok so don't turn in tokens to get Engrams until I hit 340 as well?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Those follow the same soft cap as other standard engrams if I remember correctly, so no real reason to save them.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I haven't been able to play this for like three weeks since Windows 10 updated cause I'm getting that black screen on startup issue. Like I can disable my integrated graphics and take a significant performance hit, or connect to an external monitor and it works fine. But apparently Bungie's official stance is that they're looking into it but they don't officially support "laptop configurations". I've never heard of such a thing and had no idea they took that position when I was dumb enough to buy Warmind after getting this in the humble bundle. What a fool I am.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I haven't been able to play this for like three weeks since Windows 10 updated cause I'm getting that black screen on startup issue. Like I can disable my integrated graphics and take a significant performance hit, or connect to an external monitor and it works fine. But apparently Bungie's official stance is that they're looking into it but they don't officially support "laptop configurations". I've never heard of such a thing and had no idea they took that position when I was dumb enough to buy Warmind after getting this in the humble bundle. What a fool I am.

well, don't take it as a defense of bungie, but microsoft really poo poo the bed with this new patch. I had to revert back to the previous install co's it totally screwed my sound setup on my desktop.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1001975151058137088?s=09

Good thing I've been too lazy to farm it this week!

e: it is the DFA

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Eej posted:

Lolllllll

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Eej posted:

Every change currently breaks something which I guess is good??? Because breaking things is good right?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
When the game says a high value target is near, is there an easy way to find it?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

bamhand posted:

When the game says a high value target is near, is there an easy way to find it?

It’s usually just nearby.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol bright paragon things are 4 hours real time not playing.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Oh.....

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I got a strike exclusive exotic sparrow yesterday. Looks like a rat kings thing combined with ghost rider.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kater posted:

lol bright paragon things are 4 hours real time not playing.

Our human brains are so hosed. People would use those all day every day if they lasted 1 hour, even at the same price.

But nobody ever wants to pop one because "no way I'll play for all 4 hours and it'll just be wasted!!"

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Disable your integrated graphics via Device Manager and then immediately re-enable it again. Works for me.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

doctor 7 posted:

I got a strike exclusive exotic sparrow yesterday. Looks like a rat kings thing combined with ghost rider.

cvnvcnv posted:

The Exotic Sparrow with the skull just dropped for me!

With increased agility while airborne!

I dismantled it immediately!

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Phraggah posted:

Help I am stuck at plevel 262! All my dang blues keep rolling at 260. What do? Endless heroic events? Strikes??

That was me for a long time, and still is at 273 power. You'll need to get the purple armor/gun mods from the gunsmith which all add +5 power to guns and armor, but even that can only get you so high before you reach another seemingly insurmountable plateau. Blues are basically deconstruction trash or a rare 1-2 point infusion bump on your newer purple items, and the gunsmith materials are for engrams which are also deconstruction trash. 99% of the stuff you'll get is trash. Powerful Gear engrams from the weekly is about the only thing I've found that allows even slight bumps in power. It's a brutal grind. And since I couldn't do the nightfall and refuse to do crucible, I only had one Powerful chance per week (assuming the heroic strike modifiers weren't so bad that everyone died too much, were too low level, quit out halfway through etc. if they even got that far).

Bad grind. I feel like I'm missing something. Two expansions, for one. I know that's holding me back but lol at $35 for those right now with the way the game is looking to play from here on out.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 31, 2018

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Bummey posted:

And since I couldn't do the nightfall and refuse to do crucible, I only had one Powerful chance per week (assuming the heroic strike modifiers weren't so bad that everyone died too much, were too low level, quit out halfway through etc. if they even got that far).

Join a goon clan, pubbies are bad. Also the Flashpoint and Clan XP engrams are powerful.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

The FWC ornaments for the Fraction Rally are so ugly.

I want my Cyberpunk-NASCAR-lifestyle look. :(

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm how do I want my out of slot sniper rifle

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Man, Sweet Business and Sunshot's catalysts are kind of underwhelming compared to GL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

Man, Sweet Business and Sunshot's catalysts are kind of underwhelming compared to GL.

Absolutely, tho I think Sunshot's will be low key really good.

• Locked thread