Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

indigi posted:

so he's as good as Nick Foles, at least

That’s Super Bowl MVP “Big Dick” Nick to you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Cliff Avril: Seahawks Started Questioning Pete Carroll after Super Bowl Interception (via PFF)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

There's not enough sarcasm in the world to convey my reaction to this headline.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Came to see if this was posted. Is anyone at all surprised?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I've been saying the pick would cause massive fissures in the team's psyche since the day after the game and I'm just surprised someone finally came out and confirmed it. It really paints Pete as a lame duck now, knowing it's apparently been a slow process of the team quitting on him but their overall talent dragging them to the playoffs anyway.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
As stated, it was the correct decision.

It wasn’t the pick that caused the team to not make it back to the next super bowl, but a departure of talent and an awful first half against Carolina.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I don't really think it matters anymore whether or not it was the correct decision, and really it's missing the point. The effects have been tangible since the game ended, and everyone's spent the last few years tiptoeing around it in the media. Hell, you don't even have to go that far to see a similar effect - Pete's USC teams were never the same after the Texas NCG.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

It wasn’t the pick that caused the team to not make it back to the next super bowl, but a departure of talent and an awful first half against Carolina.

Calling a pass play there is defensible, but the actual pass play they called was very stupid.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Manoueverable posted:

I don't really think it matters anymore whether or not it was the correct decision, and really it's missing the point. The effects have been tangible since the game ended, and everyone's spent the last few years tiptoeing around it in the media. Hell, you don't even have to go that far to see a similar effect - Pete's USC teams were never the same after the Texas NCG.

The effects are because of the departure of talent, a run of poor drafts, and the stubbornness to upgrade coordinators and sub coaches. The following year Seattle was one drive short of beating Carolina in a huge playoff comeback. Carolina went on to represent the NFC in the super bowl. If the 2015 draft was a bit better or they played that Carolina game a bit better then it’s likely Seattle goes to three straight Super Bowls.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Self help mantras aren't necessarily truth.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Calling a pass play there is defensible, but the actual pass play they called was very stupid.

The defensive coordinator stated that of the 7 times they practiced against it, they never stopped it. Just because there was a freak outcome doesn't mean the decision was incorrect.

Papercut posted:

Self help mantras aren't necessarily truth.

Neither is repeating a dumb narrative.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The defensive coordinator stated that of the 7 times they practiced against it, they never stopped it. Just because there was a freak outcome doesn't mean the decision was incorrect.

The error was in having Ricardo Lockette, a gunner with 15 targets the entire season and like 30 in his whole career, be THE GUY for your win it all play. A tight end or good WR probably manages to at least keep it as an incompletion. Lockette just gets wiped out of the play.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

If the team permanently lost hope and trust after one bad pass play then NEW ENGLAND DESERVED TO WIN

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Neither is repeating a dumb narrative.

Hmm yes obviously that was a great playcall, I'm convinced.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Lol.

Also now imagining the last play of the super bowl and right as Wilson throws the pass Ricardo Lockett turns to ash and then it cuts to Richard Sherman after the interception with his face twisted with anguish as he also turns to ash.

We all remember this only because the Avengers have already succeeded in closing the time loop with Thanos' defeat. God drat Avengers should have just left me dead so I didn't have to.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

If they had practiced it with a garbageman in the place of a wide receiver, their success rate would have been higher.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The super bowl isnt real i assure myself as i close my eyes and throw a pass instead of running it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Nervous posted:

We all remember this only because the Avengers have already succeeded in closing the time loop with Thanos' defeat. God drat Avengers should have just left me dead so I didn't have to.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1001528851636375554

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Jon Gruden is going to be so pissed.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N73r5HemB0M

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

I expect him to be released before preseason ends.

Will I toxx on it? No. The water cooler probably told him to clean his room.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Our WR room is hella good Doug Baldwin followed by capable but unproven tyler followed by nothing but ????????

Bring I'm whoever. The coaches won't keep a name for the sake of a name

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Guess he is going to continue his streak of never making the playoffs.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

EmbryoSteve posted:

Our WR room is hella good Doug Baldwin followed by capable but unproven tyler followed by nothing but ????????

Bring I'm whoever. The coaches won't keep a name for the sake of a name

I'd argue that our WRs are the weakest part of our team now. Doug is good but there's no depth behind him. Brandon Marshall doesn't fix that.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

seiferguy posted:

I'd argue that our WRs are the weakest part of our team now. Doug is good but there's no depth behind him. Brandon Marshall doesn't fix that.

Agree. My point was that due to lack of depth at WR kick the tires on anyone; give anyone a shot to compete cause can't get much worse

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I'm disappointed we didn't keep at least Richardson. Dude had potential.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benny the Snake posted:

I'm disappointed we didn't keep at least Richardson. Dude had potential.

Yeah, I thought he was pretty good, too. Where'd he go?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Yeah, I thought he was pretty good, too. Where'd he go?

He signed with Washington

I guess the Seahawks are expecting Russell Wilson to not only make up for not having a running game but also no receivers as well

:lol:
:smithicide:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

here's a Cursed Image i have from the second life football league

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Seahawks fans are horribly unprepared for what's going to happen next season. They've been spoiled and have forgotten that the football gods giveth, but taketh away also.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

The Seahawks are fine.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
See that's the kind of denial and naivete that is going to get you hurt next season

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Play posted:

See that's the kind of denial and naivete that is going to get you hurt next season

:ohdear:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Play posted:

Seahawks going to win a wildcard then bulldoze their way to a Super Bowl win.

Austin 3:16

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Seahawks going to win a wildcard then bulldoze their way to a Super Bowl win.

Austin 3:16

:hmmyes:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Tre Mason has re-emerged in Saskatchewan, along with Zac Stacey for some reason. Canada loves below-average former Rams running backs.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Keith Atherton posted:

He signed with Washington

I guess the Seahawks are expecting Russell Wilson to not only make up for not having a running game but also no receivers as well

:lol:
:smithicide:

Our running game should be a lot better. It's fine if you think taking an RB so early is a reach but it's hard to argue it won't improve.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

seiferguy posted:

Our running game should be a lot better. It's fine if you think taking an RB so early is a reach but it's hard to argue it won't improve.

Yeah. Taking a RB early is not the optimal use of draft capital, but RBs are also super plug-and-play from Day 1. So if Penny is good, which he absolutely looks like, it's hard to see the run game not taking a big step forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

Tre Mason has re-emerged in Saskatchewan, along with Zac Stacey for some reason. Canada loves below-average former Rams running backs.

Huh, I'd completely forgotten about him. I remember him looking pretty decent when healthy as a rookie and then he just disappeared.

I'd also completely forgotten about all this:

quote:

Following the 2015 season and going into the 2016 season, it was reported that Mason had not been in contact with coaches or players from the Rams since the end of the season.[14] Coach Jeff Fisher stated "I tried numerous times to reach him, he has made a decision not to communicate with us, not to talk. Not talking to his teammates. Right now we're more concerned about his well-being than we are his football career."[15] Mason had several run-ins with the law and displayed erratic behavior throughout the summer.[16][17] On July 30, the Rams placed Mason on the reserve/did not report list.

Probably just trying to get away from Jeff Fisher really.

• Locked thread