Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

Apparently it's a online multiplayer centric game where base building is the main feature. Think Rust.

Oh that saves me $65

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Handsome Ralph posted:

Apparently it's a online multiplayer centric game where base building is the main feature. Think Rust.

who in gods name wanted that?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Oh that saves me $65

Wanna pet this doggo

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I guess it makes sense since vault 76 is supposed to be the one that reboots the government, so they need to do all the building. I don't know that anyone wanted Sim City:Fallout though

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Fallout: Fortnight sounds really dumb.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Slim Pickens posted:

I guess it makes sense since vault 76 is supposed to be the one that reboots the government, so they need to do all the building. I don't know that anyone wanted Sim City:Fallout though

They already have that tablet game so...

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Slim Pickens posted:

Agreed. I mean the base building in 4 was fun to me, but a game framed around that? No thanks

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

this popped into my head this morning and i can't get rid of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKrxGH8K1bE

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
New Space Hulk game, think X-com in the Warhammer 40k Universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XDVDCCgguM

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
a mmo came out on steam

it is funny and so bad that steam is refunding everyone who wants it no matter how many hours they got

that is my story,t hanks

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

subterfudge posted:

New Space Hulk game, think X-com in the Warhammer 40k Universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XDVDCCgguM

That is how space hulk table top plays

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
I know, just trying to give an idea of what to expect for people who don't know what Space Hulk is.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Still holding out for a FO3 remaster for Switch or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
welp hit that point that happens in every mechwarrior game when you have a full lance of assault mechs and you just start to steamroll

it was fun while it lasted

got path of exile's new league to play starting friday anyway

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Still holding out for a FO3 remaster for Switch or something.

I'd prefer NV but Bethesda does its best to ignore it and pretend they didn't get clowned by Obsidian

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013
The only way 76 is good is if they pull a surprise and it’s a Fallout/Interstate 76 mashup.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I absolutely love Fallout 4 and if 76 is online only I'm not gonna touch it.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

A SOF Marine posted:

The only way 76 is good is if they pull a surprise and it’s a Fallout/Interstate 76 mashup.

Holy poo poo

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Driveby deathmatch where one man drives/door guns and the other is a super mutie in the back of a pickup or el camino hurling mini nukes like footballs would own.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

HEY IS THE NEW FALLOUT BATTLE ROYALE??

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Speaking of which, PUBG is suing Fortnite. Given that Battle Royale is A Thing in gaming, I can see the need to be legally recognized as the genre definer, but I don’t see this suit going anywhere.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

HEY IS THE NEW FALLOUT BATTLE ROYALE??

100 Vault Dwellers named Gary parachute onto an island

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I’d play a I76 FO mashup in a heart beat.

Hell I’d also play as a Gary clone.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
I just want Bethesda to.... Stop.

Stop milking the franchise with their lovely engine and completely dead open world Minecraft simulator full of crappy side quests and crafting poo poo to make it seem like there is more game.

I'm going to go play Fallout 1 and 2 ( Maybe even tactics) and be old and grumpy. I've played the Bethesda games and they are just too Bethesda.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

A SOF Marine posted:

gently caress yessssssssss

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Laranzu posted:

I just want Bethesda to.... Stop.

Stop milking the franchise with their lovely engine and completely dead open world Minecraft simulator full of crappy side quests and crafting poo poo to make it seem like there is more game.

I'm going to go play Fallout 1 and 2 ( Maybe even tactics) and be old and grumpy. I've played the Bethesda games and they are just too Bethesda.

this is a quote from that no mutants allowed forum right?

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

this is a quote from that no mutants allowed forum right?

I just really really hate crafting. It's a stupid low effort time sink to cover up how little game there is. Can overlook it in stuff like Witcher because it's not required and the rest of the game is amazing.

And their engine does loving suck.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed parts of the Bethesda games. It's just too Bethesda.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I dunno I enjoyed building a town. But yeah I admit I absolutely love Fallout 1 and 2 so

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Fallom posted:

I'd prefer NV but Bethesda does its best to ignore it and pretend they didn't get clowned by Obsidian

Seriously I'm done with fallout

I hated 4. I'm glad some people enjoyed it, but after 4 hours I uninstalled

New Vegas and most of the expansions were great. I'd love nv2 but it'll never be a thing again

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Town building in FO4 was for 1 purpose only. To make you glue.

After you realize that everything is much more simple. gently caress the happiness grow me plants to turn into glue.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

100 Vault Dwellers named Gary parachute onto an island

Add in a button that makes me mutter variations of "Gaaaaaaarrrrrryyyyyyyy" and I'm sold

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

bethesda's gimmick of huge worlds with mediocre storylines and terrible gameplay has been surpassed by other games that aren't garbage. Witcher 3 and the new zelda have better traveling mechanics that make exploring fun, have better combat, and witcher has an amazing story. Neither of games hide the cool loot in random places either. If you see something cool in breath of the wild, the reward is going to be in plain sight. It doesn't force you to dig through trash cans for 20 minutes to find a bobble head.

Fallout 3/Oblivion were amazing for 2006 but they haven't improved anything since then.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I hated 4. I'm glad some people enjoyed it, but after 4 hours I uninstalled

I think I managed 6 hours before I uninstalled. I still think it's weird that I did that, because I must have dumped hundreds of hours into Fallout 3.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

bethesda's gimmick of huge worlds with mediocre storylines and terrible gameplay has been surpassed by other games that aren't garbage. Witcher 3 and the new zelda have better traveling mechanics that make exploring fun, have better combat, and witcher has an amazing story. Neither of games hide the cool loot in random places either. If you see something cool in breath of the wild, the reward is going to be in plain sight. It doesn't force you to dig through trash cans for 20 minutes to find a bobble head.

Fallout 3/Oblivion were amazing for 2006 but they haven't improved anything since then.

Oblivion wasn't even that good. Morrowind friend

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

I don't give a single shred of a poo poo about fantasy games but godamn Morrowind was good

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4SfIk21eks

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

the true voice of dagoth ur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2Ld4a-Qfc

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ive listened to this more than a dozen times since ebb first posted it on here

it owns hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

for about a solid week there all i listened to was vaporwave and 80's jpop. it was an experience.